Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Official TM UniFi High Speed Broadband Thread V39, READ 1ST PAGE FOR RELEVANT WIFI INFO

views

BenYeeHua
post Apr 27 2021, 01:14 PM

Regular
1,740 posts

QUOTE(aniq8676 @ Apr 26 2021, 05:12 PM)
Are you still using UnifiTV?

If so, you can upgrade your existing plan to 800mbps RM349 (UnifiPlus Box + Mesh M9)

If not, you can upgrade your existing plan to 800mbps RM239 (Loyalty super value) via100 , free Mesh M4
Just receive SMS and gonna post here for latest info(without price la).

Should be same with calling via 100, but it is to telling them calling you la. tongue.gif
Unsure it is a different plans with RM 239 or not, can try apply and ask for details. icon_rolleyes.gif

CODE
RM0 unifi: Celebrate #Syawalwithunifi with FREE Mesh Wi-Fi & stand to win a 55" Smart TV when you upgrade up to 800Mbps. More info i.unifi.my/Upgrade T&C apply.

https://i.unifi.my/Upgrade
https://unifi.com.my/unifi-en/ijoin/leave-c..._campaign=cpu04
BenYeeHua
post Apr 27 2021, 02:40 PM

Regular
1,740 posts

QUOTE(xCryptik @ Apr 27 2021, 02:34 PM)
I compare with my current price can give heart attack. Haha.
Get more heart attack for UniFi LITE user lol. brows.gif
BenYeeHua
post May 22 2021, 11:30 PM

Regular
1,740 posts

QUOTE(heLL_bOy @ May 22 2021, 11:26 PM)
next week start MCO.. more user will be WFH mode.. i think more congestion will be going on.
Yup, WFM performance gonna lower than office because of network congestion, then Boss will complain about WFM while it is TM fault. tongue.gif

Anyways, I saw Melaka TM guys start putting fiber to the lorry at 9 PM night, unsure last hours working rush or what. hmm.gif
Normally they works at daylight time.

This post has been edited by BenYeeHua: May 22 2021, 11:31 PM
BenYeeHua
post May 23 2021, 02:58 AM

Regular
1,740 posts

QUOTE(shaktiv8 @ May 23 2021, 01:30 AM)
Hello sifus!

I am noticing today that even during off peak times, my YouTube seems to be very laggy. Reset or anything not fixing it

YouTube videos sometimes just don’t load today, like the actual player. Happens on YouTube tv and web. Phones seem fine

Anybody else having this issue ?
Nope for me, try enable IPv6?
If IPv6 is fine, then something happen on IPv4 which causing Google giving you wrong server to connect, it happen in old times.
BenYeeHua
post May 23 2021, 05:20 PM

Regular
1,740 posts

QUOTE(Skylinestar @ May 23 2021, 01:27 PM)
i'm facing the same issue on my Sony X7000E tv. both tv, laptop & phone connected to my router. tv youtube extremely slow but laptop & phone youtube play fine. it's not ipv6 issue because it is disabled on the router.  rclxub.gif
i 've restarted the network, reset tv to default, but problem remains.

But people who report about this issues are having IPv6 disabled, you can check their post, no IPv6 tag there.

As TM disabled IPv6 on Streamyx user(yes, enabling IPv6 only receiving local IPv6 for them), so by having QoS on IPv4 can greatly just happen on Streamyx users which feel nothing, as their network is slow already. doh.gif

QUOTE(sonicmaster @ May 23 2021, 09:46 AM)
Facebook live is lagging for me also. But seems only unifi but not mobile data?
Mobile data having different route and, yes, IPv6, so it can be something happen on IPv4 only. hmm.gif
BenYeeHua
post May 26 2021, 07:24 PM

Regular
1,740 posts

And, lot of rerouting CloudFlare to other country now...

Lowyat IPv4 to HK, IPv6 to MY.
For others like today 12 PM vaksincovid.gov.my, Thailand or HK for IPv6, US for IPv4...
Guess can be somehow why some people can register like normal while others are... hmm.gif

Others, just HK for IPv4 and IPv6.
Just because I wondering why laggy while the server admin said they host in SG, well, also another IPv6 reroute to HK which is as high as 150ms... and JP for IPv4.

Interesting that TM got a 58.27.38.246 going to HK for CloudFlare, normally it is PCCW in the middle of HK, like Tencent server for WeChat and QQ.
Guess special VIP routing ya. tongue.gif

And yes, normally HK network went bombed during 6.18 or 11.11 or 12.12, look fine for Tencent, but some bombed for Alibaba HK at Night(like now, starting together with SG bombed), guess because Tencent open a new server in SG which greatly reducing the traffic going to HK.
(Yes, login to QQ will redirect you to SG server now, but Picture still hosts in HK la, also got IPv6 for fallback, but disallow for oversea user to login nowadays, to avoid crappy experience during using Tencent products)

Anyways, if you feel slow down on Lowyat, just, enable IPv6 to solve the issues temporary la. icon_rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by BenYeeHua: May 26 2021, 07:30 PM
BenYeeHua
post May 27 2021, 09:44 AM

Regular
1,740 posts

QUOTE(heLL_bOy @ May 26 2021, 09:27 PM)
Cloudflare this few days got problem for ipv4 routing for JBIX and KL colo

58.27.38.246 << Telstra peering ip.

Tencent also have local server nowsdays they hosted at TM
Ya, TM, always doing this...

Last time is for Google server, if you directly connect to MY Google server, they will sharp throttling you to 480kbps, you need to be lucky that the DNS throw you to TM peer server, and YouTube throw you to TM peer server.

Then IPv6 showing up, and wow, first time browsing without QoS implemented, so fast so smooth, then a few month later, they implemented QoS and gg. tongue.gif
And yes, that time TM setup to start the throttle on 11AM, and release you at 11PM.

Only left for UniFi is, normal experience, WiFi interference for me, and China website always throttling via SG CDN server or HK CDN server, and someone like to having P2P enabled to throttling the WiFi speed.... sweat.gif

And now?
Back to previous Streamyx age, but better la, just high latency going to other country, as long as it is not packet loss until unable to use, ok lo. sweat.gif

For Tencent, yes, but I guess because of Law issues, or they saw crappy connection at MY, so they just throw/choose SG server for oversea users la, previous just HK server which, well, UDP and TCP kicking you like a ball laugh.gif , but TCP just gentle, just make sure you don't logout at night, or heavy QoS gonna coming for you. devil.gif

This post has been edited by BenYeeHua: May 27 2021, 09:46 AM
BenYeeHua
post Jun 9 2021, 02:21 PM

Regular
1,740 posts

QUOTE(xCryptik @ Jun 9 2021, 02:11 PM)
Me! Like have to wait more than few seconds than usual to load pages.
Website for testing?
---
FYI, after PPPoE server down like 20 mins, Melaka are getting new range for IP address, 180.72.0.0 - 180.75.255.255.

No comment on QoS because just getting it, so, 61 days of router online and get busted by network down. tongue.gif
BenYeeHua
post Jun 12 2021, 04:40 AM

Regular
1,740 posts

QUOTE(jerry123939 @ Jun 11 2021, 10:47 PM)
IMG

Is this normal for unifi user? Currently on 30mbps plan. Router side ipv6 detected. Both my desktop and laptop not detected ipv6. Using stock router archer c1200.
This is happen to certain area of UniFi user, when TM side think you have IPv6 connection dropped, they dropped your IPv6 allocation.

2 possible solution on your side

1. Just reboot and hope it works, for like few days before IPv6 down again.
2. Just reboot until you allocated different range of IP address, like 175.x.x.x to 180.x.x.x, and got a working IPv6.

Until the whole network for your area is down, then your IPv6 will fixed magically.
I guess will be
1. A reboot for TM device fix it, should be the device running too many years, can be 1 year? too long I can't remember la. tongue.gif
2. TM take the network down to fix the configuration issues on IPv6

Yes, lot of times, whole network down, then up again, found out IPv6 stable again. laugh.gif
Before that guessing it is Modem or Router broken because fine for 1 year, then happen like another year, but then TM network down, and up after few hours, fine, no more issues on IPv6 side.

This post has been edited by BenYeeHua: Jun 12 2021, 04:43 AM
BenYeeHua
post Jun 17 2021, 08:50 AM

Regular
1,740 posts

QUOTE(kc9988 @ Jun 15 2021, 04:07 PM)
Does any experience unifi speed keep limited to 100mbps? Both wifi & LAN still same speed result. My current plan is 500mbps.

Router restarted is not working. Restarted BTU modem & it back to normal. It happened multiple times, TM helps to reset port for few times then the issue came back again after few days...

user posted image
It can be your BTU having LAN port dropped to 100M after certain times?
If you use Asus router, just check the link speed of WAN port to see is it this issues or not la, if cable/port unstable and disconnect few times, it will drop back to 100M and stay stable. icon_rolleyes.gif

As you mention reboot BTU works, then I guess it means the BTU which responsible for choosing the link speed drop it back to 100M after certain amount of unstable connection.

This post has been edited by BenYeeHua: Jun 17 2021, 08:52 AM
BenYeeHua
post Jun 17 2021, 02:57 PM

Regular
1,740 posts

Received SMS, nothing much worth la.

https://unifi.com.my/sites/default/files/ht...20clickable.pdf
BenYeeHua
post Jul 15 2021, 12:03 PM

Regular
1,740 posts

QUOTE(comet2232 @ Jul 14 2021, 11:43 AM)
I was offered by TM unifi (via their calling me ) yesterday and I took up their offer immediately.
RM 139 - 300mbps , No Mesh, No Unifi TV

This is after I emailed them 2 days earlier about porting to Digi Home Fibre 300Mbps from Unifi 100Mbps
And I got RM 129 100M and RM 1x9(forgot tongue.gif ) 100M+UniFi TV, nearly loled when I hear nothing changed and stopped the conversation at UniFi TV package, I thought it gonna be like 100M with RM 99 or RM 109, then okay with it. biggrin.gif

I could be wrong la, because she got saying something like RM 139 300M at the beginning, then suddenly talking about 100M...

While for me, I always weak at hearing conversation but good at reading words, and so far, I only need 100M instead of 300M, because
1. My laptop adapter got issues, unstable with 1Gbps but okay with 100M.
2. WiFi interference is a bit heavy here.
3. No sharing of WiFi, price is target on family la
4. Only requiring high speed network 1% of month, like downloading Windows ISO or GitHub or 4K live stream, which is rare and acceptable solution will be lower price of 100M... sweat.gif

Last 2 months also contacting me about UniFi Mobile, look like their big data is not that great, or getting limited by MCMC customer data law, because I got Prepaid UniFi Mobile, if I want postpaid sure already register la... tongue.gif

-----
Guess they are trying to renew my contract as well, because TM is pulling lot of fiber in Melaka, they just got lorry outside my Taman for lot of fiber putting there.

Can be TNB allo scaring them, because Melaka is first one got smart meter, which means TNB fiber is everywhere in Melaka, just, TM is faster and having higher coverage, and Time already covering lot of "new" apartment around here, after that, TNB allo showing out a bit late.... hmm.gif

---
Anyways, hope they provide better price with 100M la, I guess they are pushing 300M because they know, lot of people staying with family, WFM, and suitable with 300M(video ma).

I still think 100M is better and suitable with noob/average people, because not many people know about IT, will default to whatever the router default setup, which causing heavy WiFi interference and not even reaching 300M with WiFi 5Ghz single antenna on their smartphone or old laptop.

In history with RM 159 300M, to reaching 300M, you need
1. 1Gbps with cable, yeah~
2. Need tweaking the WiFi channel, which kicked out lot of normal people by WiFi interference, and people mostly at home too...
3. After tweaking, need your WiFi device supporting of 2 antenna for MU-MIMO, to counter WiFi interference over 80MHz, better with 40MHz.
4. Wall, yes, wall is reducing the speed
5. Having 2 router, 1 for 5Ghz 36 channel, another for 5Gzh 149 channel, having different people's device connecting to each routers, while the highest speed still connect directly with cable, load-balance la thumbsup.gif

The interesting with 300M is, you know your smartphone gonna limited by WiFi speed to like 150-200M, and left your computer with 100M at least and lowest latency, which is good feeling, at the expensive of price. nod.gif

So, hope they really promoting 100M with better price la, because of WiFi interference and 1 antenna with most smartphone, not gonna think it will be good experience with normal people/family... sweat.gif
BenYeeHua
post Jul 22 2021, 02:01 PM

Regular
1,740 posts

QUOTE(shaktiv8 @ Jul 22 2021, 01:04 PM)
Oh I see, is it normal for the internet to like stop for a while even when the vpn is not disconnected?

Keeps throwing me out of games too 😭😭
No, not normal, which game and where is the game server?

Did you try using cable instead of WiFI?
As everybody at home, so WiFi interference is a bit heavy. icon_rolleyes.gif
BenYeeHua
post Jul 29 2021, 01:17 AM

Regular
1,740 posts

QUOTE(Alpha_Tay @ Jul 28 2021, 01:26 AM)
27 July 2021 7:16pm SMS

RM0 unifi: Dear customer, your unifi service maybe affected by our network maintenance on 28/7 between 12.30am and 1.30am. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Services is back, Real maintenance time is around Half Hour, During maintenance the Fibre Modem Fibre Signal Light is off.
Also happen to me in between 12.30 AM and 1.06 AM at 29.7 today, at Melaka Ayer Keroh.
Hope they can at least SMS me, not just quiet maintaining it... sweat.gif

Guess next will be another nearby area. icon_rolleyes.gif
---
After back online, new IP address obtained.
124.13.x.x

Last IP address 183.x.x, nothing interesting.
This new one unsure how's the quality, will stick to it and see how's the performance. tongue.gif

QUOTE(John42 @ Jul 28 2021, 09:00 PM)
Update. Yesterday evening the TM technician came to my house and when tried with his cordless phone it still shows that there is telephone performance issue. He doesn't know how to solve it so he told me that he will let the higher technician to look into this issue. So its not my cordless phone problem. He confirmed that. I wish you guys could help me to check on your part and let me know. You either can login myunifi portal or download myunifi app and look for support section. Under there you will see easyfix. Select it and a page will appear which shows smart diagnostic. Press it and let me know the result.
https://easyfix.unifi.com.my/

Yup, I tested this, quite useful.

During maintain - Red led on Internet, others blank, showing unsure which equipment got issues, tell you to mark up the LED light on your modem for live chat.
After online, within 1 min - Yellow light on Internet, others blank, telling you got performance issues, expected because people are connecting back to online, also can see blinking phone1 on the Huawei modem.
After online 5 mins/Now - Green light on Internet, nothing on unifi TV, yellow light on Voice, because I don't plug anything for those 2, or it is still connecting people back to online. tongue.gif

So, after smart diagnosis, you can choose "manual diagnosis", choose No internet, there is other options like slow connection and Wi-Fi issues, but choosing those will result the same.
All will result in telling you to reboot equipment, then choose your modem model, mark your LED light as shown on your modem.

Then tell you to copy the diagnose link to live chat, and send you directly to old live chat page, then you just click on proceed and wait in queue.
The link will be like:
https://easyfix.unifi.com.my/customerDetail...numbergenerated

Your name and diagnosed date will be showing after open it out, and only TM staff can look into it, should be a bit easier for CS to look up on your issues. icon_rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by BenYeeHua: Jul 29 2021, 01:32 AM
BenYeeHua
post Jul 29 2021, 02:00 PM

Regular
1,740 posts

QUOTE(Alpha_Tay @ Jul 29 2021, 11:02 AM)
only if you input your current phone number when you register unifi or when you use your current phone number when making unifi report and inform the cust care staff this is your phone number, one indication unifi has your phone number is when you make unifi payment, you would receive sms from unifi they have received your payment.
Yes, I receive payment notification and promotion SMS, even 2 UniFi promotion call, but no scheduled maintenance SMS for twice... sweat.gif

QUOTE(akuinsan @ Jul 29 2021, 01:30 PM)
will wan ip address range affected internet usage speed or stability?
remembered 10-15 years ago during using streamyx, many people hunting for 218.111.*.* ip that claim to be the stable & speedy ip range.

in my area aways get 219.9* / 175.* / 60.* ... somtimes get 218.*, 110.*

but not sure if any differences
also chrome & some apps connected using ipv6
Yes, certain range.

Just open this webpage(got page 1, 2 and 3), then record it down using screenshot for each IP range.
http://www.mywebping.com/index.html

For example, past few month when having issues to SG, open Lazada can get Akamai MY or Akamai SG because of DNS, certain IP range will get 40ms to SG, while other will get 200ms to SG with heavy packet loss. sweat.gif
PS: Now also la, will get SG. tongue.gif

For IPv6, normally they stick with IPv4, as only Facebook and CloudFlare are going via IPv6, so far not much data for it. hmm.gif
In past 4 years, yes, uploading to Google drive will get 10M upload speed with IPv6, while 50M full speed with IPv4, same go to update Apps in Play Store.

Mega cloud storage also the same, but those 2 years I rare use them, and still getting full speed, so I guess might be solved.

QUOTE(heLL_bOy @ Jul 29 2021, 01:52 PM)
for local network = no
for international network = yes

different ip range could routes to different pipe
Yes, including SG, which is.... sweat.gif

This post has been edited by BenYeeHua: Jul 29 2021, 02:03 PM
BenYeeHua
post Dec 11 2021, 10:41 PM

Regular
1,740 posts

QUOTE(siang930615 @ Dec 11 2021, 07:58 PM)
Today suddenly receive TM free speed upgrade for 30 days
from 30mbps to 100mbps anyone got this offer as well?
Same, and disconnect me too, got free upgrade 30 days button in UniFi portal there, I don't click still upgrade for me, lol... sweat.gif
BenYeeHua
post Dec 17 2021, 09:14 AM

Regular
1,740 posts

Get kicked to Private IPv4 during midnight 3 AM, current plan is 100M 30 days free speed upgrade, all China app speed drop extremely heavy to less than 30kb/s, home page loading and QQ image loading take at least 10s, those China app I mentioned are having CDN server at Singapore and HK...

Great... sweat.gif
---
Testing on IPv6 now, CloudFlare not at KUL also facing heavy speed drop to 35kb/s too, based on testing is TM send me to their CloudFlare HK server..... sweat.gif

So, great, much heavy QoS implement on private IP, and it will heavy affecting your Public IPv6...
---
So far affected is.

The worst -> the bad

115.134.107.x - even having heavy packet drop for using Lazada App, but strangely having speed up to 60kb/s to CloudFlare HK.
60.53.x.x
175.141.x.x

Will stop researching, it is pretty much useless now, heavy QoS drop, so anyone don't have method to switch back public IP, right? hmm.gif
---
Final reboot, get back to IP range 180.74.x.x, still having heavy QoS drop, compare with public 180.74.x.x.
So, their private IP is, shit, all loading much much slower than my mobile data now.... sweat.gif
---
Refuse to switch back public IP, nah, wait until they send people and test themselves la. sweat.gif

Here is the proof of slowing down, on their own speedtest website lol. laugh.gif

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by BenYeeHua: Dec 17 2021, 10:42 AM
BenYeeHua
post Dec 17 2021, 11:12 AM

Regular
1,740 posts

QUOTE(nymerine @ Dec 17 2021, 11:10 AM)
(Only IPv4 tested)
Hi, what have you tried so far? I've been on private IP for a month, only thing I noticed, things load slower if they are on cloudflare, and that is usually during peak hour (7-10PM), I'm on the 180.x IP segment as well.
As for games, everything still works as usual.
My CCTVs are cloud based so there's no issue, all dvr uploaded directly to their server.
I'm on trial 100Mbps as well, giving me solid 100 since day 1 they provide the trial.

I used private DNS before (for tunneling to international TVs) and it slowed the hell out of my browsing experience, everything takes 2-3s to resolve, so I reverted back to OpenDNS its all good and dumped that private DNS (it was working fine before the private IP)
Just called me, they suspect my router issues, guess it is isolated case to free speed upgrade 100M, or area depended. hmm.gif

Anyways, will trying to turn off 5 min and on a few time on my side to see how la. sweat.gif
BenYeeHua
post Dec 17 2021, 11:42 AM

Regular
1,740 posts

QUOTE(cheekian @ Dec 17 2021, 11:22 AM)
I having the same issue like you, some webpages are very slow, I thought is system down. Current plan is 100M, not even free speed upgrade, using TP-AX73 router too  rclxub.gif
Hmm, the bad side is tech's house are fine with private IP, so they notify nothing but us, and think it is router issues on customer side. doh.gif

QUOTE(go626201 @ Dec 17 2021, 11:26 AM)
Looks like today Unifi To SG having crap routing issue.

user posted image
But it don't explain why, after reset port, during that early reconnection 1 min, my connection to CloudFlare HK back to 10Mbps until finish loading like normally with public IP address, then after 1 mins, drop back to 30kb/s with heavy packet loss... hmm.gif

The problem is, some website are getting heavy QoS like it should not be, Taobao, Lazada, Google Map, QQ, CloudFlare HK etc, is it related too many users on Private IP, and the server unable to handle it which caused crashed of QoS?

Unsure, hope they find out.

I already done my part, let the modem and router cool down for 15mins while me go for bath, after done, still the same... sweat.gif
BenYeeHua
post Dec 17 2021, 11:58 AM

Regular
1,740 posts

QUOTE(go626201 @ Dec 17 2021, 11:26 AM)
Looks like today Unifi To SG having crap routing issue.

user posted image
Repost for better reading
----
Here is ping test from your signature, might not helps la. tongue.gif

Here is IPv6 test.
https://test-ipv6.com/
The strange thing is this.

https://ipv4.lookup.test-ipv6.com/ip/?callb...tname=test_asn4
Take 10s+, if no socket open for it.

After open socket.

Force close socket and let it open again.

Same go to Lazada app, Bilibili app and taobao, open socket is slow, after open is heavy QoS hit with lot of packet drop.
All, fine before switch to private IP on 3 AM, the problem show up on the morning 8 AM, which when QoS start working. hmm.gif
---
So...

Did your side is fine with this IPv6 test?
Cool boot Lazada can load the cart within 1s?

If not, then it is all UniFi are broken.

If yes, then it is something wrong on my side on the open socket part. hmm.gif
---
Also yes, Teamviewer are dropping connection few times already... sweat.gif

On morning I can open Bilibili and Taobao with delay of 3-10s.

But now...
All hang on loading with 1kb/s, with speedtest normal, great... doh.gif

This post has been edited by BenYeeHua: Dec 17 2021, 12:00 PM

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0244sec    0.52    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:21 PM