Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

RM1/month for 65" Samsung 4K TV(RRP:RM3999), with Maxis Fibre

views

Tuneman
post Nov 27 2020, 09:15 AM

Getting Started
50 posts

QUOTE(vex @ Nov 26 2020, 11:19 PM)
Not sure for your case, but new contract to take TV require me to upgrade to 128, I call help line also tell me same story now.
He say when sep do not have this requirement.
Could be due to overwhelming subscription. Yesterday the MTT Solution guys came over from Shah Alam to setup the TV. Their 1 tan lorry was full of TV boxes. All for Malacca subscribers. The TV is good for such an offer. Upgrade from my 46". So still getting use to it... need proper seated distance. Anyway its a very good offer for me not to miss coz my earlier 8 years old TV already started having vertical line at the side. Its a right timing.
afdhalzaed P
post Dec 22 2020, 07:55 AM

Probation
8 posts

Hello sifus and friends! 🥳

Need your help here!

I'm moving into a new house and REALLY am having a hard time on choosing what broadband to subscribe to. Can u guys give me a good honest suggestions on which telco should i go with? For now, I'm 50% on Maxis Fibre side but please, need your experiences and suggestions. 2nd on my list is Celcom Fibre but can't really find a review for it. I'm going for the 500mbps plan btw and will be moving to Puncak Alam (Selangor) area.

Hope you guys can really help. REALLY really need the help right now 😂😂
chris251285
post Dec 29 2020, 02:37 PM

:-� Fly Computer Sales and Services :-�
1,333 posts

QUOTE(vex @ Nov 10 2020, 04:13 PM)
only 1 years warranty?
https://www.maxis.com.my/support/products-a...evice-warranty/

user posted image
mitkey06
post Mar 25 2021, 10:23 AM

Getting Started
95 posts

can I know what is the best keyboard and mouse to go with this TV ? is it bluetooth or WIFI ?
schoe
post Jun 1 2021, 06:23 PM

On my way
605 posts

this samsung tv that came from maxis bundled, , can we download disney + hotstar ? i browse the app, it seems like it doesnt have this app.
indran1412
post Jun 1 2021, 06:26 PM

Getting Started
135 posts

QUOTE(schoe @ Jun 1 2021, 06:23 PM)
this samsung tv that came from maxis bundled, , can we download disney + hotstar ? i browse the app, it seems like it doesnt have this app.
No it's not supported (yet)

schoe
post Jun 1 2021, 06:34 PM

On my way
605 posts

QUOTE(indran1412 @ Jun 1 2021, 06:26 PM)
No it's not supported (yet)
i went to disney + hotstar facebook page to see comments. some people said we can switch to US region, then the disney + hotstar will be available. not sure is this real or not..i havent tried
publicENEMY
post Dec 8 2021, 11:51 AM

Getting Started
189 posts

Im curious. If i subscribed to Maxis 800mbps, can i borong all the rm1 items? or I can only choose 1 item?
greyshadow
post Dec 13 2021, 12:06 PM

I bleed it out, Diggin' deeper just to throw it away!
1,826 posts

QUOTE(publicENEMY @ Dec 8 2021, 11:51 AM)
Im curious. If i subscribed to Maxis 800mbps, can i borong all the rm1 items? or I can only choose 1 item?
there can be only one
Andrewtst
post Mar 1 2022, 11:12 PM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

65" Samsung AU7000 4K UHD Smart TV Short Review

user posted image

After a month using this TV where I bought it RM 1 per month for 3 years using Maxis Fiber 500Mbps package. In overall I am satisfied. It is a value TV but the output is ok. Not perfect but ok.
Before start my short review, I would like to point out few step to make this TV better.

Step to make this TV better
  • Disable Global Dimming - Disable this can prevent screen out of sudden change of brightness drastically where Samsung make it too dimmer to the screen on very dark scenes to make black more black but this actually making the screen look bad instead of better, or prevent the star missing in the dark sky 😝 No TV without FALD should turn this thing on. This required traditional remote control or you can just using Smartphone remote control to access the Service Menu for turning off this mistakenly make Global Dimming by changing the value of all the value of PWM_INI_2D, PWM_MOVIE_INI and PWM Mid to 100. More instruction here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov9niiau5x4
  • Changing to Film Maker Mode - This is the best accurate mode. It work fine in SDR and HDR (after some tune). White Temperature Warm 2 default value is the best and no changes is required.
  • My preferable Tune in HDR - Contrast Enhancer - High, Gamma ST.2084 Level to 3. This two setting might not the most accurate but it at least make the HDR look fine and not too flat and dull. This TV HDR nits is not high and some compensation is required.
  • My preferable others Expert Settings - HDR Colour 33, SDR Colour 27 (both default is 30), Sharpness to 8 (default value is 10), Picture Clarity Settings to Custom and Judder Reduction to 3.
After above tunes, below is my short summary of this TV.
  • Video Quality - SDR setting is brilliant and awesome, color is accurate in Film Maker Mode with Color Temperature remain as Warm 2. For HDR wise, by default it is too dimmer and flat especially on dark scenes but it looks ok after above tunes. Of course they is no way to compare with my LG C9 OLED TV where perfection even on Dark Scenes. Above all this tunes for HDR might not required if this TV have higher and better nits output for HDR. The screen grey uniformity is good and light bleeding is also good in control to me. Black is fine to me and no required of Global Dimming. This TV is well perform in normal lighting room. It is not for total dark room or full of windows very bright room. MKV support is near to perfect, the only cons here is not support of DTS track and also as usual no support of Dolby Vision and I had no issue playback from connected external USB 3.0 HDD.
  • Sound Quality - Frank speak I am shock as I long time never heard sound output from TV is such great where Sound Bar is not required if you not very high demand on Sound System. I give this TV speaker 10 out of 10. Wow!
  • Design - It just simply stunning for such value TV. The original price when initial release of this 65" TV was RM 4,599.00 only.
  • Performance - It is smooth for accessing build in Streaming platform and performed perfectly well. If you only watch Netflix, Amazon, YouTube, Apple TV+ and Apple Music (I love you can turn off the TV screen and remain music continue playback), no 3rd party TV Box is actually required. The bad thing is Samsung still not support Disney+ Hotstar officially (I did not try the not official way where Disney+ Hotstar keep make it not working) and this required 3rd party TV Box if you need this streaming service. But they is one thing I like to complain, can't Samsung added a much better processor to handling the Settings Menu, navigate the Settings Menu is very lagging and slow.
That it my review on this TV, to me it is good to get if you can get discount on it, or you need Maxis Fiber 500Mbps package and RM 36 (RM 1 per month for 3 years contract) is nothing to complain and value to owned this TV.

Service Menu for Disable Global Dimming - changing the value of all the value of PWM_INI_2D, PWM_MOVIE_INI and PWM Mid to 100. Screenshot below is the default (before modified) value.
user posted image

This post has been edited by Andrewtst: Mar 1 2022, 11:32 PM
DiRecToRofSaTaN
post Mar 11 2022, 10:57 AM

Regular
1,113 posts

Smart TV is more prone of not able to switch it on ... ?

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubles...ng/TSG01001086/
Keatsan
post May 28 2022, 10:21 PM

If it ain't broke, don't 6ix it
1,124 posts

Just wondering if anyone subscribe to get the 65 inch TV LCD lately?

If yes, is it AU7000 same model as the review by andrewtst?
ygchan
post Jun 1 2022, 07:27 PM

Getting Started
296 posts

QUOTE(Keatsan @ May 28 2022, 10:21 PM)
Just wondering if anyone subscribe to get the 65 inch TV LCD lately?

If yes, is it AU7000 same model as the review by andrewtst?
Hi, yes, get the same model Samsung 65" UHD Smart TV (UA65AU7000KXXM)
Intrigue
post Jun 12 2022, 05:05 PM

L O W Y A T E R
3,917 posts

How about the sharp aquos 70inch tv? I asked maxis shop and they told me 70inch only... Unable provide me model number.
Jayi
post Jul 31 2022, 10:01 PM

Regular Lurker
969 posts

Just subscribed 30 Mbps @ RM89 package for my old folks at hometown. Hopefully made a good choice, comparing it to UniFi..
Btw any good value add-on TV i should take? drool.gif

4 Pages « < 2 3 4Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0158sec    0.22    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:37 PM