Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Ugreen HiFi TWS Earbuds (Comprehensive Review), Cheap, BT5.0, Battery Life & Comfy Fit. (Review)

views

TSvoncrane
post Jul 14 2020, 12:56 AM, updated 2y ago

Noir et fier!
7,058 posts

What's up fam, the 2 videos below are my in-depth review of the Ugreen TWS Bluetooth earphones. This model is positioned between the Ugreen CM338 and the latest Ugreen HiTune TWS earbuds. Do let me know what you think of the review thus far. Is there anything you'd like me to test out and report back? Enjoy the videos, and kindly like and sub to the channel in appreciation.. Thanks.

Specifications
SKU: 80636
Model#: WS102
Bluetooth Version: Bluetooth 5.0
Bluetooth Protocols: HSP, HFP, AVRCP, A2DP
Bluetooth Frequency: 2400MHz-2483.5MHz
Bluetooth Range: 10M / 33ft
Audio Codec: AAC, SBC
Frequency Response: 20Hz-20,000 Hz
Speaker Impedance: 16Ω ± 15%
Microphone Sensitivity: -42 ± 1dB
Earbuds Capacity: 2*45mAh
Charging Case Capacity: 300mAh 3.7V (1.11Wh)
Charging Limited Voltage: 5.25V
Charging Case Input: 5V=210mA
Charging Case Output: 5V=80mA

Official Store Purchase/Description Page on Lazada
Official Store Purchase/Description Page on Shopee You get a free gift and additional RM8 off the listed price.
Click Here or see my signature below to read my text review on the Ugreen Bluetooth 4.2 Transmitter & Receiver I used in this video review
Official Ugreen Shopee Malaysia Online Store
Official Ugreen Lazada Malaysia Online Store

This post has been edited by voncrane: Aug 4 2020, 11:44 PM
TSvoncrane
post Jul 15 2020, 10:04 AM

Noir et fier!
7,058 posts

And here's the second and final part of my full review. Hope you enjoy it. Thanks for watching. notworthy.gif

blurjoey
post Jul 15 2020, 10:26 AM

Sumo Hammy!
5,800 posts

Good review Von
keenhawk
post Jul 31 2020, 11:39 AM

Getting Started
166 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Jul 14 2020, 12:56 AM)
What's up fam, here's the part 1 in the 2 part series of my in-depth review of the Ugreen TWS Bluetooth earphones. This model is positioned between the Ugreen CM338 and the latest Ugreen HiTune TWS earbuds. Do let me know what you think of the review thus far. I should be done with the Part 2 in about a day or 2. Will update here once the video is up. Is there anything you'd like me to test out and report back? Enjoy the video, like and sub to the channel.. Thanks.

Specifications
SKU: 80636
Model#: WS102
Bluetooth Version: Bluetooth 5.0
Bluetooth Protocols: HSP, HFP, AVRCP, A2DP
Bluetooth Frequency: 2400MHz-2483.5MHz
Bluetooth Range: 10M / 33ft
Audio Codec: AAC, SBC
Frequency Response: 20Hz-20,000 Hz
Speaker Impedance: 16Ω ± 15%
Microphone Sensitivity: -42 ± 1dB
Earbuds Capacity: 2*45mAh
Charging Case Capacity: 300mAh 3.7V (1.11Wh)
Charging Limited Voltage: 5.25V
Charging Case Input: 5V=210mA
Charging Case Output: 5V=80mA

Official Store Purchase/Description Page on Lazada
Official Store Purchase/Description Page on Shopee You get a free gift and additional RM8 off the listed price.
Click Here or see my signature below to read my text review on the Ugreen Bluetooth 4.2 Transmitter & Receiver I used in this video review
Official Ugreen Shopee Malaysia Online Store
Official Ugreen Lazada Malaysia Online Store
Hi TS, ws100 vs ws102 which is better ? Ws102 got noise cancellation?

TSvoncrane
post Aug 1 2020, 09:47 PM

Noir et fier!
7,058 posts

QUOTE(keenhawk @ Jul 31 2020, 11:39 AM)
Hi TS, ws100 vs ws102 which is better ? Ws102 got noise cancellation?
Hey... The HiTune or WS100 is better than the WS102. Both have decent passive noise cancellation. I also recommend watching my review videos on both to learn more.. I did go quite in-depth about em. smile.gif ..
champu
post Aug 4 2020, 09:22 PM

Champu
608 posts

good review Von, been using them for a couple of days now and I can't really find anything significant to complain about ;0
TSvoncrane
post Aug 4 2020, 11:46 PM

Noir et fier!
7,058 posts

QUOTE(champu @ Aug 4 2020, 09:22 PM)
good review Von, been using them for a couple of days now and I can't really find anything significant to complain about ;0
Thanks...Means a lot you enjoyed the review. I'm also glad you are enjoying the earbuds. They are a decent pair to rock. notworthy.gif
blurjoey
post Aug 5 2020, 09:20 AM

Sumo Hammy!
5,800 posts

QUOTE(champu @ Aug 4 2020, 09:22 PM)
QUOTE(voncrane @ Aug 4 2020, 11:46 PM)
Thanks...Means a lot you enjoyed the review. I'm also glad you are enjoying the earbuds. They are a decent pair to rock.  notworthy.gif
Both sifus here tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif
lyc1982
post Aug 20 2020, 12:49 AM

ExpectNoMercy
2,321 posts

just curious...

ws102 suppose to be successor to ws100 ?

ws102 can connect to 2 different devices at the same time, while ws100 can’t right ?

in terms of bass...which model is better ?
TSvoncrane
post Aug 21 2020, 01:54 PM

Noir et fier!
7,058 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Aug 5 2020, 09:20 AM)
Both sifus here tongue.gif  tongue.gif  tongue.gif
notworthy.gif sweat.gif

QUOTE(lyc1982 @ Aug 20 2020, 12:49 AM)
just curious...

ws102 suppose to be successor to ws100 ?

ws102 can connect to 2 different devices at the same time, while ws100 can’t right ?

in terms of bass...which model is better ?
Hi...Yeah, there seemed to be a number mix up (i think?) on Ugreen's part. Typically, a successor should be the clearer option to a previous model.. As in better tech or just generally more improved...And the numbers usually increase to let us know. Nevertheless, as I mentioned earlier this WS102 model is positioned between the Ugreen CM338 and the latest WS100 Ugreen HiTune TWS earbuds. The Ugreen HiTune is definitely the better of the 2.

I just tested both the WS100 & WS102 to reconfirm, and both function in the same manner..
Stereo Mode: Can only pair with one Bluetooth source.
Mono Mode: Each earbud can pair with a single source...But you'd lose out on stereo and have to keep the sources + earbuds far enough from each other, to avoid control being wrestled back. Then both earbuds will connect to a single source.
mushigen
post Aug 26 2020, 10:28 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,417 posts

TS, may I ask if TWS like the one shown below is more comfortable and secure to use when running? I
have the Redmi Air Dots. I have to use bigger buds in order to keep them secure while I run - which makes them uncomfortable after a while. The tips cannot go deep enough into the ear due to blockage from the body of the earbuds.

Will the type shown below be more suitable as the buds can go deeper into the ear canal, like how wired ear phones behave?

user posted image
TSvoncrane
post Aug 31 2020, 11:10 PM

Noir et fier!
7,058 posts

QUOTE(mushigen @ Aug 26 2020, 10:28 AM)
TS, may I ask if TWS like the one shown below is more comfortable and secure to use when running? I
have the Redmi Air Dots. I have to use bigger buds in order to keep them secure while I run - which makes them uncomfortable after a while. The tips cannot go deep enough into the ear due to blockage from the body of the earbuds.

Will the type shown below be more suitable as the buds can go deeper into the ear canal, like how wired ear phones behave?

user posted image
Hi... Personally, I wouldn't feel entirely confident using stem type designs for serious jogging. UNLESS, it ships with an ear-tip size that does fit snugly in your ear. But just as you've experienced, using too tight a fit will become uncomfortable after awhile, and for a runner? I would assume you would rather want to feel pain and discomfort elsewhere and monitor those than in your ears.. biggrin.gif .. So yeah, I would go with non-stem type models.. Something similar to the Ugreen CM338. From the pictures, you can see that it can reach in deeper and the silicone tips are longer too..Not shallow... So even if you use a bigger sized tip, it'll be slender and thicker.. Not wider and shallow.

Alternatively, there are custom tips you can purchase separately. Like Comply foam tips..That allows you have experience more or less a constant feel in your ears, despite using different TWS earphones as base.
mushigen
post Sep 1 2020, 11:55 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,417 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Aug 31 2020, 11:10 PM)
Hi... Personally, I wouldn't feel entirely confident using stem type designs for serious jogging. UNLESS, it ships with an ear-tip size that does fit snugly in your ear. But just as you've experienced, using too tight a fit will become uncomfortable after awhile, and for a runner? I would assume you would rather want to feel pain and discomfort elsewhere and monitor those than in your ears..  biggrin.gif .. So yeah, I would go with non-stem type models.. Something similar to the Ugreen CM338. From the pictures, you can see that it can reach in deeper and the silicone tips are longer too..Not shallow... So even if you use a bigger sized tip, it'll be slender and thicker.. Not wider and shallow.

Alternatively, there are custom tips you can purchase separately. Like Comply foam tips..That allows you have experience more or less a constant feel in your ears, despite using different TWS earphones as base.
TQ for your input. As for the ear tip size, I have many many spare tips to fit. The issue is always with the physical limitation on how deep it can go into ear canal. Using bigger tips to compensate for the lack of depth not only causes discomfort but also sealing more sound which is not ideal in my case as I prefer to listen to a bit of surrounding noise due to safety reasons.

For foam tips, I have them on my Westone earphones. They are great for use at home but the foam can get yucky if exposed to sweat when jogging.
TSvoncrane
post Sep 1 2020, 08:12 PM

Noir et fier!
7,058 posts

QUOTE(mushigen @ Sep 1 2020, 11:55 AM)
TQ for your input. As for the ear tip size, I have many many spare tips to fit. The issue is always with the physical limitation on how deep it can go into ear canal. Using bigger tips to compensate for the lack of depth not only causes discomfort but also sealing more sound which is not ideal in my case as I prefer to listen to a bit of surrounding noise due to safety reasons.

For foam tips, I have them on my Westone earphones. They are great for use at home but the foam can get yucky if exposed to sweat when jogging.
Yeah.. true that about the bold part. Apologies, I'm not a runner and so can't be specific about which model I've tried that would be great for jogging for long periods at a time. However, here's an article on some of the best headphones for running... You might want to consider wired headphones..TWS & otherwise.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0438sec    0.49    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 30th June 2022 - 03:54 AM