Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Review Ugreen HiFi TWS Earbuds (Comprehensive Review), Cheap, BT5.0, Battery Life & Comfy Fit.

views

mushigen
post Aug 26 2020, 10:28 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,502 posts

TS, may I ask if TWS like the one shown below is more comfortable and secure to use when running? I
have the Redmi Air Dots. I have to use bigger buds in order to keep them secure while I run - which makes them uncomfortable after a while. The tips cannot go deep enough into the ear due to blockage from the body of the earbuds.

Will the type shown below be more suitable as the buds can go deeper into the ear canal, like how wired ear phones behave?

user posted image
mushigen
post Sep 1 2020, 11:55 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,502 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Aug 31 2020, 11:10 PM)
Hi... Personally, I wouldn't feel entirely confident using stem type designs for serious jogging. UNLESS, it ships with an ear-tip size that does fit snugly in your ear. But just as you've experienced, using too tight a fit will become uncomfortable after awhile, and for a runner? I would assume you would rather want to feel pain and discomfort elsewhere and monitor those than in your ears..  biggrin.gif .. So yeah, I would go with non-stem type models.. Something similar to the Ugreen CM338. From the pictures, you can see that it can reach in deeper and the silicone tips are longer too..Not shallow... So even if you use a bigger sized tip, it'll be slender and thicker.. Not wider and shallow.

Alternatively, there are custom tips you can purchase separately. Like Comply foam tips..That allows you have experience more or less a constant feel in your ears, despite using different TWS earphones as base.
TQ for your input. As for the ear tip size, I have many many spare tips to fit. The issue is always with the physical limitation on how deep it can go into ear canal. Using bigger tips to compensate for the lack of depth not only causes discomfort but also sealing more sound which is not ideal in my case as I prefer to listen to a bit of surrounding noise due to safety reasons.

For foam tips, I have them on my Westone earphones. They are great for use at home but the foam can get yucky if exposed to sweat when jogging.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0132sec    0.37    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:48 AM