11 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Apple Homekit Discussion Thread, Your Home At Your Command

views

INGfusion
post May 4 2020, 07:16 PM

LOL
6,906 posts

QUOTE(kokhoong0624 @ May 3 2020, 11:44 PM)
hahaha that one too expensive cause my house already got CCTV system d  bangwall.gif plan to get the Eufy ones at some time in the future though because they just cost 30USD.
Planning to integrate google home too and see how well it runs.
Eufy got 30USD product meh
TSkokhoong0624
post May 4 2020, 07:34 PM

Casual
394 posts

QUOTE(INGfusion @ May 4 2020, 07:16 PM)
Eufy got 30USD product meh
Yes! Hahaha but they haven't support Homekit Secure Video yet so I will wait until that is confirmed and released.
https://9to5toys.com/2020/04/17/anker-eufy-indoor-cam-2k/
Very the worth it and make the other security cameras so overpriced haha
INGfusion
post May 4 2020, 11:37 PM

LOL
6,906 posts

QUOTE(kokhoong0624 @ May 4 2020, 07:34 PM)
Yes! Hahaha but they haven't support Homekit Secure Video yet so I will wait until that is confirmed and released.
https://9to5toys.com/2020/04/17/anker-eufy-indoor-cam-2k/
Very the worth it and make the other security cameras so overpriced haha
ei, this 1 ok le, open for order already but not shipping to my
gavind87
post May 5 2020, 11:32 PM

Wings over Asia
1,147 posts

QUOTE(INGfusion @ May 4 2020, 11:37 PM)
ei, this 1 ok le, open for order already but not shipping to my
I picked up 8 of them, 4 pan tilt and 4 normal ones.

Looking forward to seeing how they work out when they eventually ship end of May.

On TOP of cheap price they had an insane preorder promo which was too good to let go of.

I’m currently using 2 OMNA 180s and 2 Arlo Baby so I have high expectations set for these Eufy devices.
gavind87
post May 5 2020, 11:41 PM

Wings over Asia
1,147 posts

QUOTE(tcwan @ Apr 19 2020, 08:43 AM)

I am not convinced about automated curtains yet. Often some customization is needed due to the different widths of the windows or doors.  Also the reliability of the IKEA model was pretty poor from what I’ve read.
After the pain of setup, it’s reliability has been amazing.

I’d definitely recommend the blinds if you are keen

You need the patience of a saint to set it up, however if you’ve bought them let me know, I’ll spare you the painful headache I went through setting them up
INGfusion
post May 6 2020, 01:19 AM

LOL
6,906 posts

QUOTE(gavind87 @ May 5 2020, 11:32 PM)

Looking forward to seeing how they work out when they eventually ship end of May.

On TOP of cheap price they had an insane preorder promo which was too good to let go of.

I’m currently using 2 OMNA 180s and 2 Arlo Baby so I have high expectations set for these Eufy devices.
wah, got extra ?
TSkokhoong0624
post May 6 2020, 07:08 AM

Casual
394 posts

QUOTE(gavind87 @ May 5 2020, 11:32 PM)

PLEASE update your review sometime here hahaha when you get them it would be really helpful hahaha The reason I didn't get them is that I already had a dedicated Security camera system (which I bought before finding out the whole Ubiquiti Network protect system). And yes I was so tempted to order with the 30% off deal. Are you currently residing in Malaysia or the United States.. because I see no cheap or efficient way to ship them here with the current pandemic.
gavind87
post May 6 2020, 07:41 AM

Wings over Asia
1,147 posts

QUOTE(kokhoong0624 @ May 6 2020, 07:08 AM)
PLEASE update your review sometime here hahaha when you get them it would be really helpful hahaha  The reason I didn't get them is that I already had a dedicated Security camera system (which I bought before finding out the whole Ubiquiti Network protect system). And yes I was so tempted to order with the 30% off deal. Are you currently residing in Malaysia or the United States.. because I see no cheap or efficient way to ship them here with the current pandemic.
Currently residing in Singapore
I shipped it to a forwarding address.
Shipping is generally about 8sgd / kilo so I’m hoping it should be less than 10 kg for all of them
TSkokhoong0624
post May 6 2020, 07:44 AM

Casual
394 posts

QUOTE(gavind87 @ May 6 2020, 07:41 AM)
Currently residing in Singapore
I shipped it to a forwarding address.
Shipping is generally about 8sgd / kilo so I’m hoping it should be less than 10 kg for all of them
Wow... mind sharing the forwarder and do they ship to Malaysia? Hahaha I might pick them up sometime in the future when they officially support Homekit Secure Video. I mean there's leaks this year about iOS 14 supporting facial recognition in HSV, so I'm really looking forward to get some Homekit cameras. hahaha
gavind87
post May 6 2020, 07:54 AM

Wings over Asia
1,147 posts

QUOTE(kokhoong0624 @ May 6 2020, 07:44 AM)
Wow... mind sharing the forwarder and do they ship to Malaysia? Hahaha I might pick them up sometime in the future when they officially support Homekit Secure Video. I mean there's leaks this year about iOS 14 supporting facial recognition in HSV, so I'm really looking forward to get some Homekit cameras. hahaha
I plan to buy more actually if they work well.

Again I’m really happy with my OMNA and Arlo, and also curious about the Arlo Wireless ones.

These 8 are for my house in Malaysia in fact, so in the future ( when this fiasco is over ) maybe I could ship a couple of extras and can ship it to you in Malaysia ( or meet you depending where you are )

Also looking forward to their doorbell being HomeKit compatible ! I have a ring doorbell that I’m not a fan of
TSkokhoong0624
post May 6 2020, 08:38 AM

Casual
394 posts

QUOTE(gavind87 @ May 6 2020, 07:54 AM)
I plan to buy more actually if they work well.

Again I’m really happy with my OMNA and Arlo, and also curious about the Arlo Wireless ones.

These 8 are for my house in Malaysia in fact, so in the future ( when this fiasco is over ) maybe I could ship a couple of extras and can ship it to you in Malaysia ( or meet you depending where you are )

Also looking forward to their doorbell being HomeKit compatible ! I have a ring doorbell that I’m not a fan of
Omg thanks so much in advance! Hahah I'm currently residing in Klang Valley. do update me if you looking to purchase more in the future and also some review for the product (I'm still waiting for HSV).

I was debating between OMNA and Netamo Welcome for a very long time, and at the end I still can't justify the price hahaha
The Arlo wireless ones run on battery right? I think I would prefer a wired set up especially for security so can just "set up and go", if not forget to replace and something shitty happen it's too late
My house kena burglar during CNY when I went to Singapore to visit my sick grandma.. when I haven't install the CCTV system

For the smart doorbell I was initially looking at Netamo because they support HSV. I'm waiting for everything to "stabilise" in the market for players like Eufy because currently everyone is overcharging for the security cameras being Homekit compatible although a lot of them have trashy specs

gavind87
post May 6 2020, 08:42 AM

Wings over Asia
1,147 posts

Don’t forget HSV ends up making it an expensive subscription based offering since you need to have a premium iCloud subscription and you have device limitation as well

This is where the Eufy appeal comes into
Play because they claim that it is RTSP compatible so I can stream HomeKit direction as well as save video on my Synology NAS

Many different approaches to take with cameras.

Truth be told I’m still quite confused on what I want to do as far as cameras go.

For security contact sensors are good too

The response time for the alarm system from Aqara is great too.
TSkokhoong0624
post May 6 2020, 09:44 AM

Casual
394 posts

QUOTE(gavind87 @ May 6 2020, 08:42 AM)
Don’t forget HSV ends up making it an expensive subscription based offering since you need to have a premium iCloud subscription and you have device limitation as well

This is where the Eufy appeal comes into
Play because they claim that it is RTSP compatible so I can stream HomeKit direction as well as save video on my Synology NAS

Many different approaches to take with cameras.

Truth be told I’m still quite confused on what I want to do as far as cameras go.

For security contact sensors are good too

The response time for the alarm system from Aqara is great too.
I think the idea of a security camera is praying that you never need it but glad that you have it when you need it... Learnt it the hard way
Yeah I think that route is so much better than my proprietary system from hikVision now (also with a NAS).
I am currently on the 200GB iCloud family plan so I just feel like it's a bonus because the burglar/etc might steal the NAS if I don't have an offsite backup.. So I'm just considering one or two HSV ones to have an offshore backup.
gavind87
post May 6 2020, 10:19 AM

Wings over Asia
1,147 posts

I'm just thinking out loud, not sure if this is a possibility,
But if you have a friend that has extra bandwidth to spare, maybe a solution is to mirror some captured recordings from certain cameras between certain times to another NAS offsite, password protected for privacy reasons.

gavind87
post May 6 2020, 10:23 AM

Wings over Asia
1,147 posts

QUOTE(INGfusion @ Apr 27 2020, 07:07 PM)
what iPad wall dock is this ?
The privileges of having mostly drywall in the west.

Just cut a hole and run power from behind.

You can create this case with any photoframe pretty much. Just need to get the right size.

I'm considering a 3D printed mould to have an iPad mount like this, if I get enough time to get to it.

I find going to an iPad on the wall counter intuitive
gavind87
post May 8 2020, 01:33 PM

Wings over Asia
1,147 posts

I jumped on the bandwagon with Netatmo over the public Holiday

Bought 2 Netatmo Smart Indoor Camera's and 2 Netatmo Presence camera's.

Another case of poor software.

Smart Indoor Camera :
Image quality not as good as the OMNA 180 either, but most crucially it does support homekit secure video.

Outdoor camera :
Bad experience so far, one of them has a flood light not working
Another one can't join my wifi for some reason.

Not a good start, lets see where this goes
tcwan
post May 8 2020, 06:18 PM

Getting Started
97 posts

QUOTE(kokhoong0624 @ Apr 18 2020, 04:30 AM)
Terncy HomeKit ecosystem
I finally received my Terncy shipment today.
I purchased the 3-gang no-Neutral switch for testing, along with the hub and a few accessories.

It seems to work fine with a normal analog fan running on high. I will have to take more time to test it.

However, the device on-boarding process is a bit confusing. In the Terncy app, I selected "Add Device (+)", then clicked the 2 buttons based on the instructions (TopLeft/BottomRight), and waited for it to appear in the list of devices.

However, it didn't do so. After several tries, I found out that it has already been added to the list of devices after cancelling the Add Device screen.

The other question I have is how to convert one of the gangs to a Wireless Switch. I can't find the setting anywhere in the Terncy app. When I select the Wall Switch, it lists the details but I cannot make any changes.

In the Apple Home App, I can program the 4th switch (which does not have any physical gang), but I cannot do anything to the other 3 switches.

This post has been edited by tcwan: May 8 2020, 07:10 PM
TSkokhoong0624
post May 8 2020, 07:46 PM

Casual
394 posts

QUOTE(gavind87 @ May 8 2020, 01:33 PM)
I jumped on the bandwagon with Netatmo over the public Holiday

Bought 2 Netatmo Smart Indoor Camera's and 2 Netatmo Presence camera's.

Another case of poor software.

Smart Indoor Camera :
Image quality not as good as the OMNA 180 either, but most crucially it does support homekit secure video.

Outdoor camera :
Bad experience so far, one of them has a flood light not working
Another one can't join my wifi for some reason.

Not a good start, lets see where this goes
How is the support of the Smart Indoor Camera with HSV? I've seen many reports where HSV stopped reporting notifications after a few days. Please update! And thanks for your early review.

TSkokhoong0624
post May 8 2020, 07:48 PM

Casual
394 posts

QUOTE(tcwan @ May 8 2020, 06:18 PM)
I finally received my Terncy shipment today.
I purchased the 3-gang no-Neutral switch for testing, along with the hub and a few accessories.

It seems to work fine with a normal analog fan running on high. I will have to take more time to test it.

However, the device on-boarding process is a bit confusing. In the Terncy app, I selected "Add Device (+)", then clicked the 2 buttons based on the instructions (TopLeft/BottomRight), and waited for it to appear in the list of devices.

However, it didn't do so. After several tries, I found out that it has already been added to the list of devices after cancelling the Add Device screen.

The other question I have is how to convert one of the gangs to a Wireless Switch. I can't find the setting anywhere in the Terncy app. When I select the Wall Switch, it lists the details but I cannot make any changes.

In the Apple Home App, I can program the 4th switch (which does not have any physical gang), but I cannot do anything to the other 3 switches.
To make the switch permanent on, you can click on a button of the switch"Top Left Button or the one you want" and turn on the programmable switch option.
If you don't see this option, I think you have to update the firmware and then it should appear in the settings like these:

Attached Image

Oh and yeah I agree the app is a little confusing and sometimes when you add something the UI doesn't feedback properly.. so I don't recommend using the app as a daily driver at all at it's current status

This post has been edited by kokhoong0624: May 8 2020, 07:54 PM
TSkokhoong0624
post May 8 2020, 07:52 PM

Casual
394 posts

QUOTE(gavind87 @ May 6 2020, 10:23 AM)
The privileges of having mostly drywall in the west.

Just cut a hole and run power from behind.

You can create this case with any photoframe pretty much. Just need to get the right size.

I'm considering a 3D printed mould to have an iPad mount like this, if I get enough time to get to it.

I find going to an iPad on the wall counter intuitive
I think the idea is to have a quick look of the statuses in the house before you leave home and to turn off everything at once... But I find it a waste of the iPad functionality just to use it as a hub... HAHA unless rich then it's okay la
I think the iPad Pro will look really good as a Home Hub... but what a luxury to use one for the sole purpose of a "control everything at home" switch hahaha

11 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0179sec    0.64    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th January 2022 - 06:50 AM