9 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Tiffani Kiara vs Kiaraville, Mont Kiara Property

views

TSpropertynewbie007
post Apr 14 2020, 11:34 AM, updated 2y ago

33 posts

Hi all,

I am to buy my first home, I did months of research and finally narrow my options down to 2 condos that I really like. I heard different things from different agents. I am hoping that sifus here can give me some opinions.

Thank you! thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif
stchoong
post Apr 29 2020, 06:12 PM

Getting Started
87 posts

At least share out the factors u need consider, i.e. price, geographic, family, working, personal preference and etc. points.
And also specific what info u wish LYN to 'suggest' you.

U just ask "opinions", what u expect?
trust4you
post Apr 29 2020, 07:01 PM

LIMPE UR WORST NITEMARE
3,312 posts

QUOTE(propertynewbie007 @ Apr 14 2020, 11:34 AM)
Hi all,

I am to buy my first home, I did months of research and finally narrow my options down to 2 condos that I really like. I heard different things from different agents. I am hoping that sifus here can give me some opinions.

Thank you! thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif
i would definitely choose Kiara
nexona88
post Apr 30 2020, 08:53 AM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,801 posts

What different things u hear from agents 🤔
zeezezee
post Apr 30 2020, 10:21 AM

39 posts

Kiaraville would be better.

TSpropertynewbie007
post May 2 2020, 07:15 PM

33 posts

QUOTE(stchoong @ Apr 29 2020, 06:12 PM)
At least share out the factors u need consider, i.e. price, geographic, family, working, personal preference and etc. points.
And also specific what info u wish LYN to 'suggest' you.

U just ask "opinions", what u expect?
Pardon me for the lack of information. Thanks for the reply.

Well, I went to MK to look for properties a few months ago and I almost viewed all the properties that are within my budget and I narrow down to Tiffani Kiara and Kiaraville.

I like both of the condos location specifically because they are near to solaris MK, Publika and High Court. So I can even ride to work.

Kiaraville is more expensive than Tiffani by 15% on average psf. The design for Kiaraville is more contemporary compared to the boxy exterior of Tiffani. But Tiffani is not bad either, the condo is clean, facilities are up to premium quality standard. Of course, I prefer the design and most importantly DENSITY of Kiaraville. The units in Kiaraville has marble and timber wood flooring. But view wise, high floor tiffani units are better. For Kiaraville to have nice view, it has to be in Block C & D, which are facing the highways. Without the soundproof windows, it can be a big trouble and it will be very dusty. In terms of demography, I like the fact that most of the residents in Tiffani are young and active expats whereas Kiaraville is more family oriented, most I saw on the day of my viewing are middle age korean aunties.

To summarise:
Price (Kiaraville > Tiffani)
Design (Kiaraville > Tiffani)
Density (Kiaraville > Tiffani)
Geographic (Tiffani > Kiaraville)
Living Atmosphere (Tiffani > Kiaraville)
Preference (Kiaraville > Tiffani) *slightly

This is for my own stay/perhaps investment unit, but I still plan to go for landed property when I have a family in 10-12 years down the road. So I need to consider the future prospect of the condo. I do not know how good the managements are, I do not know how the residents' behaviors are, so I hope someone can give me an opinion backed by reasoning lor. Thanks thanks

TSpropertynewbie007
post May 2 2020, 07:17 PM

33 posts

QUOTE(zeezezee @ Apr 30 2020, 10:21 AM)
Kiaraville would be better.
Thanks for your reply. I was hoping you can tell me more smile.gif
TSpropertynewbie007
post May 2 2020, 07:31 PM

33 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Apr 30 2020, 08:53 AM)
What different things u hear from agents 🤔
Well, when looking at Kiaraville, agents will say:
Tiffani is not as good. The design is flawed and the facilities are very limited. The style is old and the infrastructure is outdated.
Some will say tiffani has a lot of Arabian lar and they are not friendly blabla...
Then agents will push the unit to say something like, "Kiaraville is very peaceful and walking distance to Solaris." "price is now very low, good buy." "Bigger piece of land, more relaxed".

When I was looking at Tiffani, agents will say:
Kiaraville is not as good because it's "older than Tiffani". "Some units there are facing highways, very noisy and dirty."
Some will say Kiaraville is not worth it because the price has increased much a lot compared to Tiffani.
Some will even use Dato Jimmy Choo as a sales gimmick biggrin.gif . I saw the article during my research so I believe what the agent is saying.

Those agents are selling both condos if I click into their profile... So I only ask for factual information, the rest I have to do research or ask the residents already.
bigman
post May 2 2020, 08:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,949 posts

kiaraville last time sold below 600psf by developer
zeezezee
post May 3 2020, 01:58 PM

39 posts

QUOTE(propertynewbie007 @ May 2 2020, 07:17 PM)
Thanks for your reply. I was hoping you can tell me more smile.gif
What the agents said about both condos are true. The pros on Kiaraville outweighs Tiffani. Lived in KV and did research on Tiffani & visited many times to view units for purchase. At one time was caught in the lift for 10 mins until bomba arrived.
Propertylearner
post May 3 2020, 03:19 PM

Getting Started
136 posts

Lumina win all . Cheaper lower density best facade . Only don’t buy facing highway
TSpropertynewbie007
post May 3 2020, 07:00 PM

33 posts

QUOTE(Propertylearner @ May 3 2020, 03:19 PM)
Lumina win all . Cheaper lower density best facade . Only don’t buy facing highway
I have seen lumina as well, the design is incredible and will most definitely remain relevant for quite a while. The condo looks like a grand hotel at night. The guest lobby is wow, just wow...

However, here comes the cons, cry.gif the maintenance fee is very high. For me, 1448 sq ft is too small for me, with around 950k you can get a unit easily. Then the next size is 2552 sad.gif There is a huge gap in terms of price as well.
Plus, the facilities are so so only. The pool is facing the highway and more importantly, NO BBQ AREA! mad.gif Although the density is awesome but the land is just too small and it feels very cramped inside the compound... not many visitor parking spaces, and there is a dumpster area beside the condo. I guessed I belonged to the B&B (wedgewood residence). And there is a confusing small piece of land beside Lumina as well... but I think it will only affect the semi-d units.

Interior wise, the finishing of Lumina is on point. I love the L-shaped balcony, the marbles also look high quality. It looks very much like a modern home. Oh and the window that can be seen through from the master bedroom, personally I love that. It's playful and mischievous biggrin.gif for a youngster like me.

But, the unit is very cramped. There is no proper space to host a dinner party. The whole dry kitchen is almost fully occupied by the island in the centre. And I dont understand the design of the yard... there is this 'strange' space that separate the maid's room and the unit itself. Something to do with the wall. And the hallway from the lift to the unit looks poorly maintained. The whole place just looks lifeless and empty.

I have to agree with the pros that you mentioned, but I feel that the cons heavily outweigh the pros in my opinion. That's why lumina didn't make it in my top 5.
InitialB
post May 3 2020, 07:04 PM

On my way
670 posts

KL mana tempat manusia duduk?

Puak corona/covid19 dok sana.
nexona88
post May 3 2020, 08:47 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,801 posts

QUOTE(InitialB @ May 3 2020, 07:04 PM)
KL mana tempat manusia duduk?

Puak corona/covid19 dok sana.
What actually u trying to say??

From my understanding..
There's 2 meaning for your post...

InitialB
post May 3 2020, 08:53 PM

On my way
670 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ May 3 2020, 08:47 PM)
What actually u trying to say??

From my understanding..
There's 2 meaning for your post...
I don't need to talk. Hold on.

Supplying you information.........

Be patient.....

Attached Image Attached Image

nexona88
post May 3 2020, 08:57 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,801 posts

Okay.
U meant that..
Good...

zeezezee
post May 4 2020, 09:51 AM

39 posts

QUOTE(propertynewbie007 @ May 3 2020, 07:00 PM)
I have seen lumina as well, the design is incredible and will most definitely remain relevant for quite a while. The condo looks like a grand hotel at night. The guest lobby is wow, just wow...

However, here comes the cons,  cry.gif  the maintenance fee is very high. For me, 1448 sq ft is too small for me, with around 950k you can get a unit easily. Then the next size is 2552  sad.gif  There is a huge gap in terms of price as well.
Plus, the facilities are so so only. The pool is facing the highway and more importantly, NO BBQ AREA!  mad.gif  Although the density is awesome but the land is just too small and it feels very cramped inside the compound... not many visitor parking spaces, and there is a dumpster area beside the condo. I guessed I belonged to the B&B (wedgewood residence). And there is a confusing small piece of land beside Lumina as well... but I think it will only affect the semi-d units.

Interior wise, the finishing of Lumina is on point. I love the L-shaped balcony, the marbles also look high quality. It looks very much like a modern home. Oh and the window that can be seen through from the master bedroom, personally I love that. It's playful and mischievous  biggrin.gif  for a youngster like me.

But, the unit is very cramped. There is no proper space to host a dinner party. The whole dry kitchen is almost fully occupied by the island in the centre. And I dont understand the design of the yard... there is this 'strange' space that separate the maid's room and the unit itself. Something to do with the wall. And the hallway from the lift to the unit looks poorly maintained. The whole place just looks lifeless and empty.

I have to agree with the pros that you mentioned, but I feel that the cons heavily outweigh the pros in my opinion. That's why lumina didn't make it in my top 5.
Would you mind sharing your Top 5? Interesting to know, since you have been doing some research. Thanks in advance.
a16791
post May 4 2020, 10:54 AM

Getting Started
293 posts

QUOTE(propertynewbie007 @ May 2 2020, 07:15 PM)
Pardon me for the lack of information. Thanks for the reply.

Well, I went to MK to look for properties a few months ago and I almost viewed all the properties that are within my budget and I narrow down to Tiffani Kiara and Kiaraville.

I like both of the condos location specifically because they are near to solaris MK, Publika and High Court. So I can even ride to work.

Kiaraville is more expensive than Tiffani by 15% on average psf. The design for Kiaraville is more contemporary compared to the boxy exterior of Tiffani. But Tiffani is not bad either, the condo is clean, facilities are up to premium quality standard. Of course, I prefer the design and most importantly DENSITY of Kiaraville. The units in Kiaraville has marble and timber wood flooring. But view wise, high floor tiffani units are better. For Kiaraville to have nice view, it has to be in Block C & D, which are facing the highways. Without the soundproof windows, it can be a big trouble and it will be very dusty. In terms of demography, I like the fact that most of the residents in Tiffani are young and active expats whereas Kiaraville is more family oriented, most I saw on the day of my viewing are middle age korean aunties.

To summarise:
Price (Kiaraville > Tiffani)
Design (Kiaraville > Tiffani)
Density (Kiaraville > Tiffani)
Geographic (Tiffani > Kiaraville)
Living Atmosphere (Tiffani > Kiaraville)
Preference (Kiaraville > Tiffani) *slightly

This is for my own stay/perhaps investment unit, but I still plan to go for landed property when I have a family in 10-12 years down the road. So I need to consider the future prospect of the condo. I do not know how good the managements are, I do not know how the residents' behaviors are, so I hope someone can give me an opinion backed by reasoning lor. Thanks thanks
Which size are you referring to ? The 1,600 sft ones ?
TSpropertynewbie007
post May 4 2020, 04:28 PM

33 posts

QUOTE(zeezezee @ May 4 2020, 09:51 AM)
Would you mind sharing your Top 5? Interesting to know, since you have been doing some research. Thanks in advance.
For me personally, my top 5 are:
1. Kiaraville (1900sq ft)
2. Tiffani (1700/2200 sq ft)
3. Ayuria (2000 sq ft)
4. Pavilion hilltop (1496 sq ft)
5. Seni [2411 sq ft (specifically type C)This budget is a bit high but the vibe is really nice, so I am not sure whether to stretch my budge to buy this]

Kiaraville being top 1 due to the fact that in terms of geographic, price, design, vibe, density are all very well balanced. The facilities are also great, there are 2 pools and the swimming pool for adult is beautiful. Yes some will find this building old but it is well maintained. But try to avoid block C and D as they face high way. Also, the hallway from the lift to the unit on 13 & 14th floor has a drawback. There is a huge water tank blocking the natural light, so the floor is much darker than the others. The interior is amazing, beautiful finishing. Although I would actually prefer an open balcony instead of closed window lanai.

Tiffani has very interesting atmosphere, perhaps it's because I like a place with many younger people. Most importantly the price is very competitive as I noticed many are selling during this financial turmoil. The facilities are stunning, I like the gym right beside the pool, makes the place lively when people are working out and swimming. The tennis court and bbq area are very well maintained. However, the build on Block B can be a big drawback for some people because of the boxy and dull design. There is no proper waiting lounge for visitors, and the function room is like a secondary school hall. Nonetheless, if one can afford those in block B, that is totally different level. Interior is normal, tiles flooring and vinyl plank flooring. Wet kitchen definitely needs a makeover. But hey, the price can go to as low as 490+ per sq ft.

For Ayuria, the atmosphere is absolutely serene and I think that's the biggest selling point. The design is not so bad, and the air is definitely fresher than other places. Some will find the pool the biggest selling point, deemed the largest condo pool in the entire South East Asia, but for me it's just very long, more like a river to me haha. High floor units here are definitely an ultimate luxury, basically the highest point near Mont Kiara already. Many didn't know but those Kiaramas by Asia Quest are not the true blue of Mont Kiara, the land was actually extended to have the address. Small little detail. The drawback for Ayuria for me is that, it's not walking distance to amenities actually.

Pavilion hilltop? One word, NEW. The facade of PH is impressive. Both luxurious and artistic. The facilities are very much COMPLETE, it looks like a luxurious resort. The unit has decent quality finishes. High level ceilings and contemporary design. I like how they have a separate parking entrance for visitors. The lift lobby and the hallway are stunning. However, there was a change of management team, so I won't know the long term effect, all I know is that it's cheaper now. PH has a higher point of MK but it's extremely close to the high way. That will be a big drawback. Just imagine how i-zen kiara is affected by the highways. The psf is very high mainly because it's new, so one can safely say it has no appreciation value. As for the residents car park, the builder did a very bad job. Extremely narrow, low height ceilings and the planning is flawed and very little ventilation. PH has high density, almost 6 units per floor whereas a luxurious condo should have 4 at most. But this depends on the block as well. And there is a piece of land beside pavilion hilltop, all I heard was there will be projects going on. Now it's just a dumping yard, a foul sight. So for me, PH is more like a good packaging unit with nothing really impressive inside.

Seni is the gem, but the price is high because the units are big and the design is just pure gold. I don't have to describe much about Seni but it is the 2nd best condo in Mont Kiara, right after MK10. I believe there are rooms for negotiation given the current market, but one can safely choose a landed property somewhere else already. So for me, it's a question of: to stretch or not to stretch?

You are welcome.

PS: I have considered MK Aman and Damai as well. Their maintenance can be considered the top in MK but they came the opposite way compared to PH. They are OLD. Probably being put off by the outdated taste but definitely extremely suitable for retiree like Ayuria.
TSpropertynewbie007
post May 4 2020, 04:29 PM

33 posts

QUOTE(a16791 @ May 4 2020, 10:54 AM)
Which size are you referring to ? The 1,600 sft ones ?
1873-1909 sq ft

9 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0186sec    0.37    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:44 PM