9 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Tiffani Kiara vs Kiaraville, Mont Kiara Property

views

zeezezee
post May 4 2020, 08:52 PM

39 posts

QUOTE(zeezezee @ May 4 2020, 09:51 AM)
Would you mind sharing your Top 5? Interesting to know, since you have been doing some research. Thanks in advance.
Thank you so much for your detail & insightful views. You are on point with your analysis on the 5 properties and also on MK10, MK Aman & MK Damai. I support your No.1 choice - Kiaraville.

KV you will work out best for you.

Appreciate your reply and may you find the "one" that will give you many years of "great living".
RChance
post May 4 2020, 09:06 PM

Getting Started
168 posts

QUOTE(propertynewbie007 @ May 4 2020, 04:28 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Pretty good research there.

If you are looking for long term stay and investment, go for Seni if you can really stretch your budget. The amenities are great and maintenance has been commendable over the years. There is a reason it is at a premium. The design has impressed many expats over the years for a reason.

If you are looking at a more conventional and classic building with good location, go for Kiaraville. Make sure you do your research on the 1900sf variant and their facing. If you get the right one, it will be a good catch.

If transport is not a problem for you and you are looking for a place to just enjoy your free time in peace, Ayuria might be an option. But I've friends who struggled to retain expat tenants as they find the transport issue a deal breaker for them when renting.

Just my 2 cents. Happy hunting! laugh.gif

BigMan123
post May 4 2020, 09:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,426 posts

What about Agile?
a16791
post May 4 2020, 09:48 PM

Getting Started
293 posts

QUOTE(propertynewbie007 @ May 4 2020, 04:29 PM)
1873-1909 sq ft
Had read your reply on the top 5. Basically you have done a very detail study . My comments on the top 5.

Other than the size seni is in a very different market from the others due to having a private lift lobby . I also like seni for having 2 pools and 1 being heated .

Pavillion hilltop is also different from the others . You are paying premium price as its new unless you are willing to settle with a small size units .

Ayuria attracts crowds which values serene environment over convenience . I have the opportunity to purchase ayuria and Danai and each time I did not end up with this location of MK .

As for Tiffani the interior of the units I feel is better than Kiaraville. Same cannot be said for the facilities. Kiaraville is way much better and has a more resort and leisure feel which I think is important .

However do take note that nowadays traffic on changkat Duta kiara side is quite bad ever since they install the traffic light . Quite difficult to get to the main road .

TSpropertynewbie007
post May 4 2020, 11:26 PM

33 posts

Thanks for the opinions! happy.gif

Will definitely take them into my considerations.
Propertylearner
post May 5 2020, 02:12 AM

Getting Started
136 posts

QUOTE(propertynewbie007 @ May 4 2020, 04:28 PM)
For me personally, my top 5 are:
1. Kiaraville (1900sq ft)
2. Tiffani (1700/2200 sq ft)
3. Ayuria (2000 sq ft)
4. Pavilion hilltop (1496 sq ft)
5. Seni [2411 sq ft (specifically type C)This budget is a bit high but the vibe is really nice, so I am not sure whether to stretch my budge to buy this]

Kiaraville being top 1 due to the fact that in terms of geographic, price, design, vibe, density are all very well balanced. The facilities are also great, there are 2 pools and the swimming pool for adult is beautiful. Yes some will find this building old but it is well maintained. But try to avoid block C and D as they face high way. Also, the hallway from the lift to the unit on 13 & 14th floor has a drawback. There is a huge water tank blocking the natural light, so the floor is much darker than the others. The interior is amazing, beautiful finishing. Although I would actually prefer an open balcony instead of closed window lanai.

Tiffani has very interesting atmosphere, perhaps it's because I like a place with many younger people. Most importantly the price is very competitive as I noticed many are selling during this financial turmoil. The facilities are stunning, I like the gym right beside the pool, makes the place lively when people are working out and swimming. The tennis court and bbq area are very well maintained. However, the build on Block B can be a big drawback for some people because of the boxy and dull design. There is no proper waiting lounge for visitors, and the function room is like a secondary school hall. Nonetheless, if one can afford those in block B, that is totally different level. Interior is normal, tiles flooring and vinyl plank flooring. Wet kitchen definitely needs a makeover. But hey, the price can go to as low as 490+ per sq ft.

For Ayuria, the atmosphere is absolutely serene and I think that's the biggest selling point. The design is not so bad, and the air is definitely fresher than other places. Some will find the pool the biggest selling point, deemed the largest condo pool in the entire South East Asia, but for me it's just very long, more like a river to me haha. High floor units here are definitely an ultimate luxury, basically the highest point near Mont Kiara already. Many didn't know but those Kiaramas by Asia Quest are not the true blue of Mont Kiara, the land was actually extended to have the address. Small little detail. The drawback for Ayuria for me is that, it's not walking distance to amenities actually.

Pavilion hilltop? One word, NEW. The facade of PH is impressive. Both luxurious and artistic. The facilities are very much COMPLETE, it looks like a luxurious resort. The unit has decent quality finishes. High level ceilings and contemporary design. I like how they have a separate parking entrance for visitors. The lift lobby and the hallway are stunning. However, there was a change of management team, so I won't know the long term effect, all I know is that it's cheaper now. PH has a higher point of MK but it's extremely close to the high way. That will be a big drawback. Just imagine how i-zen kiara is affected by the highways. The psf is very high mainly because it's new, so one can safely say it has no appreciation value. As for the residents car park, the builder did a very bad job. Extremely narrow, low height ceilings and the planning is flawed and very little ventilation. PH has high density, almost 6 units per floor whereas a luxurious condo should have 4 at most. But this depends on the block as well. And there is a piece of land beside pavilion hilltop, all I heard was there will be projects going on. Now it's just a dumping yard, a foul sight. So for me, PH is more like a good packaging unit with nothing really impressive inside.

Seni is the gem, but the price is high because the units are big and the design is just pure gold. I don't have to describe much about Seni but it is the 2nd best condo in Mont Kiara, right after MK10. I believe there are rooms for negotiation given the current market, but one can safely choose a landed property somewhere else already. So for me, it's a question of: to stretch or not to stretch?

You are welcome.

PS: I have considered MK Aman and Damai as well. Their maintenance can be considered the top in MK but they came the opposite way compared to PH. They are OLD. Probably being put off by the outdated taste but definitely extremely suitable for retiree like Ayuria.
Ph facade attractive ?😂😂😂😂
a16791
post May 5 2020, 08:03 AM

Getting Started
293 posts

QUOTE(propertynewbie007 @ May 4 2020, 11:26 PM)
Thanks for the opinions! happy.gif

Will definitely take them into my considerations.
Suddenly just recall why R22 is not in the picture ?
TSpropertynewbie007
post May 5 2020, 03:18 PM

33 posts

QUOTE(a16791 @ May 5 2020, 08:03 AM)
Suddenly just recall why R22 is not in the picture ?
Namely it's because of the price. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful condo with fabulous facilities, and believe me when I say this. I mean, come on, 50m lap pool?! biggrin.gif But with RM850-900 psf, plus the size of the condo, the lowest price that you can for is only around RM1.55mil-RM1.6mil. It has the convenience and accessibility, but you could imagine the traffic. It's directly in front of Gardens International School, best perk for a family. But I am still far away from that sweat.gif

With that price, I can easily negotiate at condos like Seni (bigger size & not to mention, a PRIVATE FREAKING LIFT LOBBY) and even the block Bs in Tiffani. And it's only a bare unit. The other 1 draw back is that, the road is 1 straight way towards Segambut Dalam area with no practical U-turn. I am not sure you have been to The Rainz in Bukit Jalil, but I can safely tell you that the overall layouts are similar apart from the dry kitchen part. I dont feel like that UEM was fully utilizing the space of the condo and just give you SIZE, SIZE and SIZE and also SIZE. The finishes look pretty basic, Porcelain flooring, vinyl wood in the rooms and I really can't understand the ceiling in the wet kithcen... It feels like 2008. Maybe that's because when UEM was launching this project, they didn't foresee the downturn of MK property market as in 2013-2014, property market then was booming. MK 10, 11, Damai, Aman were incredibly successful. They felt that whatever they build, people will just buy... I guess that's why their share drop RM3+ to RM.70 in 2019 back then, because they are not premium developer anymore.

Nonetheless, it's a buyer market right now and I foresee, this time, it will last longer than in 2009 because so many shits are happening all at once. Political instability, trade wars, Covid-19, oil wars, massive retrenchment etc... By turning assets into liquid can be handy lately during the recovery phase. And not many are willing to use millions to buy a premium highrise residence unless they really have cash at hands.

Anyways, forgive me, I talked too much sweat.gif These are just my 2 cents. And that is why Residensi 22, Acoris & Astrea is not in my Top 5.

zeezezee
post May 5 2020, 04:04 PM

39 posts

QUOTE(propertynewbie007 @ May 5 2020, 03:18 PM)
Namely it's because of the price. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful condo with fabulous facilities, and believe me when I say this. I mean, come on, 50m lap pool?!  biggrin.gif  But with RM850-900 psf, plus the size of the condo, the lowest price that you can for is only around RM1.55mil-RM1.6mil. It has the convenience and accessibility, but you could imagine the traffic. It's directly in front of Gardens International School, best perk for a family. But I am still far away from that  sweat.gif

With that price, I can easily negotiate at condos like Seni (bigger size & not to mention, a PRIVATE FREAKING LIFT LOBBY) and even the block Bs in Tiffani. And it's only a bare unit. The other 1 draw back is that, the road is 1 straight way towards Segambut Dalam area with no practical U-turn. I am not sure you have been to The Rainz in Bukit Jalil, but I can safely tell you that the overall layouts are similar apart from the dry kitchen part. I dont feel like that UEM was fully utilizing the space of the condo and just give you SIZE, SIZE and SIZE and also SIZE. The finishes look pretty basic, Porcelain flooring, vinyl wood in the rooms and I really can't understand the ceiling in the wet kithcen... It feels like 2008. Maybe that's because when UEM was launching this project, they didn't foresee the downturn of MK property market as in 2013-2014, property market then was booming. MK 10, 11, Damai, Aman were incredibly successful. They felt that whatever they build, people will just buy... I guess that's why their share drop RM3+ to RM.70 in 2019 back then, because they are not premium developer anymore.

Nonetheless, it's a buyer market right now and I foresee, this time, it will last longer than in 2009 because so many shits are happening all at once. Political instability, trade wars, Covid-19, oil wars, massive retrenchment etc... By turning assets into liquid can be handy lately during the recovery phase. And not many are willing to use millions to buy a premium highrise residence unless they really have cash at hands.

Anyways, forgive me, I talked too much  sweat.gif These are just my 2 cents. And that is why Residensi 22, Acoris & Astrea is not in my Top 5.
Nah, you did not talked too much. Just optimally. Sunrise's declined began from R22 onwards. Your analysis is spot on again.

a16791
post May 5 2020, 04:07 PM

Getting Started
293 posts

QUOTE(propertynewbie007 @ May 5 2020, 03:18 PM)
Namely it's because of the price. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful condo with fabulous facilities, and believe me when I say this. I mean, come on, 50m lap pool?!  biggrin.gif  But with RM850-900 psf, plus the size of the condo, the lowest price that you can for is only around RM1.55mil-RM1.6mil. It has the convenience and accessibility, but you could imagine the traffic. It's directly in front of Gardens International School, best perk for a family. But I am still far away from that  sweat.gif

Anyways, forgive me, I talked too much  sweat.gif These are just my 2 cents. And that is why Residensi 22, Acoris & Astrea is not in my Top 5.
Good sharing and comparing of notes . The reason I mention R22 is becos you mention Pavillion Hilltop 1500 sft in your list . Not sure about the current situation now but when both condos vp I was looking at both of them . For the same absolute price or cheaper I can get R22 bigger 1800 sft vs hilltop 1500 sft . Also hilltop when vp time still got many defects need to be rectify . By the way R22 as another access parallel to Jalan Kiara 3. If you use that road than your perception might change . Thats also the reason why the price of R22 has slowly gone up since vp . Heard from agents plenty of Koreans are buying there .

As for seni the lowest entry price you could get might be those low rise ones which is facing the highway and very noisy . Also it does not have a nice lobby like those on the high rise. Not sure you notice too the rooms for seni also quite small as it adjust the room size to cater for a study area .
zeezezee
post May 5 2020, 04:10 PM

39 posts

QUOTE(a16791 @ May 5 2020, 04:07 PM)
Good sharing and comparing of notes . The reason I mention R22 is becos you mention Pavillion Hilltop 1500 sft in your list . Not sure about the current situation now but when both condos vp I was looking at both of them . For the same absolute price or cheaper I can get R22 bigger 1800 sft vs hilltop 1500 sft . Also hilltop when vp time still got many defects need to be rectify . By the way R22 as another access parallel to Jalan Kiara 3. If you use that road than your perception might change . Thats also the reason why the price of R22 has slowly gone up since vp . Heard from agents plenty of Koreans are buying there .

As for seni the lowest entry price you could get might be those low rise ones which is facing the highway and very noisy . Also it does not have a nice lobby like those on the high rise. Not sure you notice too the rooms for seni also quite small as it adjust the room size to cater for a study area .
You are a genuine person. Kudos !
TSpropertynewbie007
post May 5 2020, 05:04 PM

33 posts

QUOTE(a16791 @ May 5 2020, 04:07 PM)

Ah I see. Thanks buddy, I learned something new today, particularly the parallel access. biggrin.gif

Erm but for the price on Pav Hilltop, the 1496 unit's lowest listing price I saw on property portal is RM1.35mil, compared to roughly RM1.6mil for R22. In terms of psf, Pav Hilltop and R22 are almost the same.

Not sure whether you guys know about this, but most of the units in Pav Hilltop was handed late to them, therefore the purchasers were entitled to the LAD. For even the smallest units there, 1200 sq, the owners were compensated RM80k. Purchasers of Pav Hilltop has a nature of investment, and they already made at least RM80k there. As a result, owners there MAY BE more willing to give more discount? Maybe... Thus, the price is better than R22.

Yea Seni is expensive, and the lowest price can only afford one a low rise unit (Type F) and these units are all facing highways. That is why I specified Type C units, they are in Block A (Van Gogh) and further away from the highways. I put Seni in my Top 5 is because it has the good size, price psf, vibe, facilities, geography, design, quality, maybe reselling value and in my opinion, the 2nd best condo in MK. For me, Seni Type C is the 'one' and the statement from a fellow property enthusiast ^ rekindles my affirmation, but the purchase price is fairly high. Thus, back to the question I had initially: to stretch or not to stretch? *no Shakespeare pun intended biggrin.gif

So unless the owner is willing to come down to the price that I am comfortable, or else I will just go for KV.

a16791
post May 5 2020, 08:15 PM

Getting Started
293 posts

QUOTE(propertynewbie007 @ May 5 2020, 05:04 PM)
Ah I see. Thanks buddy, I learned something new today, particularly the parallel access.  biggrin.gif 

Erm but for the price on Pav Hilltop, the 1496 unit's lowest listing price I saw on property portal is RM1.35mil, compared to roughly RM1.6mil for R22. In terms of psf, Pav Hilltop and R22 are almost the same.

Not sure whether you guys know about this, but most of the units in Pav Hilltop was handed late to them, therefore the purchasers were entitled to the LAD. For even the smallest units there, 1200 sq, the owners were compensated RM80k. Purchasers of Pav Hilltop has a nature of investment, and they already made at least RM80k there. As a result, owners there MAY BE more willing to give more discount? Maybe... Thus, the price is better than R22.

Yea Seni is expensive, and the lowest price can only afford one a low rise unit (Type F) and these units are all facing highways. That is why I specified Type C units, they are in Block A (Van Gogh) and further away from the highways. I put Seni in my Top 5 is because it has the good size,  price psf, vibe, facilities, geography, design, quality, maybe reselling value and in my opinion, the 2nd best condo in MK. For me, Seni Type C is the 'one' and the statement from a fellow property enthusiast ^ rekindles my affirmation, but the purchase price is fairly high. Thus, back to the question I had initially: to stretch or not to stretch? *no Shakespeare pun intended  biggrin.gif

So unless the owner is willing to come down to the price that I am comfortable, or else I will just go for KV.
U can subscribe for brickz than you have details of all the transacted price for individual units than you would know what price to offer. Should be good time to start exploring . Anyway if seni unit price comes down kiaraville and others should come down similarly too . So decision is still whether to spend the extra amount .

For me private lift lobby is definitely something very different and which I value very much and I have done a very detail evaluation. The only condos in mk with all private lift lobby are mk10 , mk11 , mk28 , seni & Danai . Pavillion hilltop & agile not all units with private lift lobby. Of those with only private lift lobby Danai is the only one where the car park lift does not goes directly to the unit . Than left seni and mk28 with the smallest entry level size ie 2,400 - 2,500 sft . So if have a fix budget and need private lift lobby in mk not much choice .

Just my sharing .
jlim2004
post May 5 2020, 11:13 PM

Getting Started
274 posts

QUOTE(propertynewbie007 @ May 5 2020, 05:04 PM)
Ah I see. Thanks buddy, I learned something new today, particularly the parallel access.  biggrin.gif 

Yea Seni is expensive, and the lowest price can only afford one a low rise unit (Type F) and these units are all facing highways. That is why I specified Type C units, they are in Block A (Van Gogh) and further away from the highways. I put Seni in my Top 5 is because it has the good size,  price psf, vibe, facilities, geography, design, quality, maybe reselling value and in my opinion, the 2nd best condo in MK. For me, Seni Type C is the 'one' and the statement from a fellow property enthusiast ^ rekindles my affirmation, but the purchase price is fairly high. Thus, back to the question I had initially: to stretch or not to stretch? *no Shakespeare pun intended  biggrin.gif

Hi,

1) For R22, there is another quieter access road for now, known as Jalan Kiara 4. This is "the" road - watch out for it - Sefina & the other folks are already capitalising on this new access road. No one know how busy or congested it will get, given that Kiara 163 (suites and residence) is fast completing. Also, R22 is located in the 'true blue' of MK.

2) For Seni/Kiaraville, you probably have done extensive research. What I dont quite like is the future congestion - Agile, Kami...and the gigantic 50+ storey office tower that'll probably come up soon. Yes, there are court cases at the moment, but who are we kidding - developers in Malaysia always get their way. So this is something you may want to think about. Further out from Agile, there's Arte, Solaris Parq, Met etc ... more congestion I guess!

3) I am currently eyeing Asiaquest latest project, called Dedaun, located opposite Kiaramas Sutera/Danai. Info is quite scarce at the moment, lets see how things pan out for that.
TSpropertynewbie007
post May 6 2020, 01:46 AM

33 posts

QUOTE(jlim2004 @ May 5 2020, 11:13 PM)
Hi,

1) For R22, there is another quieter access road for now, known as Jalan Kiara 4. This is "the" road - watch out for it - Sefina & the other folks are already capitalising on this new access road. No one know how busy or congested it will get, given that Kiara 163 (suites and residence) is fast completing.  Also, R22 is located in the 'true blue' of MK.

2) For Seni/Kiaraville, you probably have done extensive research. What I dont quite like is the future congestion - Agile, Kami...and the gigantic 50+ storey office tower that'll probably come up soon. Yes, there are court cases at the moment, but who are we kidding - developers in Malaysia always get their way. So this is something you may want to think about. Further out from Agile, there's Arte, Solaris Parq, Met etc ... more congestion I guess!

3) I am currently eyeing Asiaquest latest project, called Dedaun, located opposite Kiaramas Sutera/Danai. Info is quite scarce at the moment, lets see how things pan out for that.
Thanks for the insight, friend.

For the land, opposite Kiaraville, what I heard from the agent is that the community in MK actually won the case. It doesn't mean that the building will not be constructed but the floor level cannot exceed 15 floors high due to safety reason. But yeah, already expecting the place to be covered with dusts.

As for the Asia Quest latest project, I am also quite excited about the project. Currently, the developer is still waiting for the green light. According to the lovely sales person I met at the sales gallery the other day, they are doing some sort of land maintenance required by the law but not developing. I put down my contact details already to let them inform me about the launching. Still, very much anticipated.
BigMan123
post May 6 2020, 07:07 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,426 posts

QUOTE(propertynewbie007 @ May 6 2020, 01:46 AM)

For the land, opposite Kiaraville, what I heard from the agent is that the community in MK actually won the case. It doesn't mean that the building will not be constructed but the floor level cannot exceed 15 floors high due to safety reason. But yeah, already expecting the place to be covered with dusts.

As for the Asia Quest latest project, I am also quite excited about the project. Currently, the developer is still waiting for the green light. According to the lovely sales person I met at the sales gallery the other day, they are doing some sort of land maintenance required by the law but not developing. I put down my contact details already to let them inform me about the launching. Still, very much anticipated.
Not so sure about Asia Quest location. Even on weekends, it takes a while to clear the 2 traffic lights leading to 1 Mont Kiara.
a16791
post May 6 2020, 08:19 AM

Getting Started
293 posts

QUOTE(BigMan123 @ May 6 2020, 07:07 AM)
Not so sure about Asia Quest location. Even on weekends, it takes a while to clear the 2 traffic lights leading to 1 Mont Kiara.
Yes. Mk is quite jam. Whether u stay at Asia quest side , Jalan Kiara 3 or Jalan Kiara 1 it's all about jam . Getting worse . From Asia quest location if you turn right to Desa Sri Hartamas also jam .
jlim2004
post May 6 2020, 02:19 PM

Getting Started
274 posts

QUOTE(propertynewbie007 @ May 6 2020, 01:46 AM)

Hi, actually not quite correct that "community in MK" has won the case. From what I understand, they were not successful in obtaining leave from the High Court to challenge DBKL's approval. The matter is now pending at the appellate courts. Even if they were to succeed at appeal stage, developer may appeal again ... so its a never ending cycle.

For Asia Quest, I think they have gotten the green light. If you check DBKL's website, approvals have been granted including clearing of land. But I stand to be corrected. They are only clearing the land for now, and perhaps waiting for the "perfect" time to launch. Lets keep each other updated on this!
TSpropertynewbie007
post May 6 2020, 05:37 PM

33 posts

QUOTE(jlim2004 @ May 6 2020, 02:19 PM)
Hi, actually not quite correct that "community in MK" has won the case. From what I understand, they were not successful in obtaining leave from the High Court to challenge DBKL's approval. The matter is now pending at the appellate courts. Even if they were to succeed at appeal stage, developer may appeal again ... so its a never ending cycle.

For Asia Quest, I think they have gotten the green light. If you check DBKL's website, approvals have been granted including clearing of land. But I stand to be corrected. They are only clearing the land for now, and perhaps waiting for the "perfect" time to launch. Lets keep each other updated on this!
Ah thanks for the clarification! biggrin.gif
TSpropertynewbie007
post May 20 2020, 04:02 PM

33 posts

Oh erm, I read about a review saying that Kiaraville is cheaply built. The sound insulation of the walls and ceilings are bad. Would some kind soul clarify for me? Or is it just some angry guy writing nonsense?

Thanks

9 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0176sec    0.34    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:27 PM