4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

A forumer reveal my email detail in public

views

maxpudding
post Apr 13 2020, 02:00 AM

Getting Started
100 posts

Guys, this place is a no place to post your troll comments, you'll get the banhammer straight.
Ludwig.
post Apr 13 2020, 02:02 AM

LOOOL
532 posts

removed

This post has been edited by Ludwig.: Apr 13 2020, 02:04 AM
SUSpendekartauhu
post Apr 13 2020, 02:02 AM

Getting Started
162 posts

QUOTE(NUR_VER.3 @ Apr 13 2020, 01:18 AM)
Now he claimed that he know me in real life, the thing is I never posted anything personal here in this forum.

So in this case I guess LYN has no data leak and he might contra my posts with my other social media status.

I will personally deal with him right now and may seek LYN help with official investigation if he refuse to reveal his resources.
So fast U-turn. Kasi ban je la for creating racial tension.
Janejan
post Apr 13 2020, 02:12 AM

33 posts

QUOTE(NUR_VER.3 @ Apr 13 2020, 01:45 AM)
Fuh telling people to reveal my personal data.

Baguss
Everyone can search anyone who had revealed his own data.
You should take it as a lesson and thank him for reminding you.
arsenwagon
post Apr 13 2020, 02:12 AM

all ur bass are belong to usa
2,227 posts

Tot this was /k
Deleted

This post has been edited by arsenwagon: Apr 13 2020, 02:13 AM
mcchin
post Apr 13 2020, 02:25 AM

SLAVA UKRAINI !
3,892 posts

QUOTE(Janejan @ Apr 13 2020, 02:12 AM)
Everyone can search anyone who had revealed his own data.
You should take it as a lesson and thank him for reminding you.
Simple private message as a start is a better route

I believe if there is leakage of info

The admin here is also interested

Straight open book accusations with threat of lawyer letter totally not the best way
SUSCincai lar
post Apr 13 2020, 02:33 AM

Getting Started
113 posts

QUOTE(se7en @ Apr 13 2020, 12:56 AM)
Let me understand this.

Your email does not even have any reference to your name, yet you are complaining that the person identified you 'name' via your email.

You 'only' use your email here and nowhere else.

We await your lawyer's letter. Rest assured if we don't receive it by next Tuesday, we will be terminating your account.
next Tuesday not fair lar,.. lawyer office kolos during MCO,.. giva lar after 28th April,..
reed90
post Apr 13 2020, 06:37 AM

Road to the End
1,552 posts

While i don't agree with NUR completely, i do find the rampant doxxing for personal details and bulliying occuring here. Some get their pictures taken, some get their name and personal details and so on.

This forum especially kopitiam is meant for anonymity. Its not fun when someone doxx your personal details and reposting them to make fun of someone, just for the sake of argument.

Hell me myself have been doxxed by someone here. Its not the mods or admin's fault, but there should be a clear guideline and warning for people who keep doxxing and stealing personal information just for the sake of winning an argument in /k.

Keep /k and it subforums anonymous unless its the thread starter that divulges the information in the first place.

Get a life people.

This post has been edited by reed90: Apr 13 2020, 06:38 AM
zacky chan
post Apr 13 2020, 07:28 AM

11 posts

QUOTE(superbike @ Apr 13 2020, 01:35 AM)
I think its is possibility both of you knew each other in real life. I didnt know my own dad is a lowyat forumer himself until that time i was using his desktop and saw his username account but he think he didnt know that im a forumer as well. We even used to argue in /k 😅
that is amazing!!!when you argue with him, you know la its your dad??...hahahaha
FlamingFox
post Apr 13 2020, 07:39 AM

o(@_@)o
1,335 posts

QUOTE(reed90 @ Apr 13 2020, 06:37 AM)
While i don't agree with NUR completely, i do find the rampant doxxing for personal details and bulliying occuring here. Some get their pictures taken, some get their name and personal details and so on.

This forum especially kopitiam is meant for anonymity. Its not fun when someone doxx your personal details and reposting them to make fun of someone, just for the sake of argument.

Hell me myself have been doxxed by someone here. Its not the mods or admin's fault, but there should be a clear guideline and warning for people who keep doxxing and stealing personal information just for the sake of winning an argument in /k.

Keep /k and it subforums anonymous unless its the thread starter that divulges the information in the first place.

Get a life people.
I agree to this 100%
xXTAUFANXx
post Apr 13 2020, 07:53 AM

Getting Started
79 posts

Get a life people.
setuju
Mixo Mania
post Apr 13 2020, 07:57 AM

Getting Started
80 posts

Get a life people.
You might want to read from start what got TS into trouble in the first place.

Also I don't agree Kopitiam users should have their anonymity as their right. Too many people use kopitiam posting as a judgement of the real people sentiment there. If everyone is given the right of anonymity then anyone can use this to falsely represent certain group which they don't actually belong to and make a false impression.

Post responsibly as though it's your own Facebook account.

This post has been edited by Mixo Mania: Apr 13 2020, 07:58 AM
ukapaka
post Apr 13 2020, 08:17 AM

Getting Started
77 posts

QUOTE(Mixo Mania @ Apr 13 2020, 07:57 AM)
You might want to read from start what got TS into trouble in the first place.

Also I don't agree Kopitiam users should have their anonymity as their right. Too many people use kopitiam posting as a judgement of the real people sentiment there. If everyone is given the right of anonymity then anyone can use this to falsely represent certain group which they don't actually belong to and make a false impression.

Post responsibly as though it's your own Facebook account.
Probably a good idea to revisit the no account deletion rule and give user choice to remove their accts and private datas.. It's a standard options on fb and other socmeds. Or at least if we can mask for identities for let say posts older than one year that probably ok too.
emino
post Apr 13 2020, 08:19 AM

IG - riezforester
5,935 posts

Get a life people.
Guideline dah clear, orang yang tak baca:

user posted image

Anyway, just report if you feel they break one of the forum rules, just remember to cite which rule. The mod usually remove it without any problem and offending party either kena warn or taken action.

Mods are not magic, they are only a handful of them in the sea of posts in Lowyat forum.

This post has been edited by emino: Apr 13 2020, 08:20 AM
zhou.xingxing
post Apr 13 2020, 08:29 AM

:3
1,701 posts

Get a life people.
agreed. but there are bound to have ppl like that who likes to dig ppl private info. so sendiri pandai pandai and creative use 'my friend' when ask for questions at other serious k la. u never know who might be looking.
TruthHurts
post Apr 13 2020, 10:22 AM

On my way
649 posts

Get a life people.
You should know K/tard have a lot of detectives... All the information can be gather at Facebook, blogs and other related stuff. Problem with K/tard sometimes they like to show off their stuff or their knowledge. Some of this information Facebook can give almost accurate result so in order to know the person, He or She will say something that is same as what they post in facebook..

Let's say i went to Japan at Akihabara and have a blast last month, so the K/tard detective will look for malaysian who goes to Japan at Akihabara last month. If search comes out with a few people, just Keep in view until the K/fag made comments about details things. If all the things match with facebook or said source, This one will be the last nail detecting your real identity.

If they say he/she is someone close, then some one she/he knew have notice the log-in username when user surfing LYN while not notice the K/fag behind her/him.

nuvi
post Apr 13 2020, 10:33 AM

10k Club
All Stars
15,991 posts

On the ground that he takes his privacy very seriously until this level, I do think LYN can reciprocate by deleting all his post and his account as ways to safeguard his privacy, and disallowed him to have anymore account in LYN to make sure his privacy will never be in question in the future.

I would like to ask LOWYAT.NET staffs to provide enough evidence there was no data leak or I will make and official request directly to MCMC and also use my lawyer to send an official letter to lowyat.net and demand for compensation for damages arise from this leak

OnePiece999
post Apr 13 2020, 10:34 AM

Casual
398 posts

Stop using windows can save you from hacking your private info, from web cache.
superbike
post Apr 13 2020, 10:37 AM

Getting Started
199 posts

QUOTE(zacky chan @ Apr 13 2020, 07:28 AM)
that is amazing!!!when you argue with him, you know la its your dad??...hahahaha
That is why i try to avoid confrontation especially in /k as best as i can. We never know who are we dealing dealing with in sosmed as this world is smaller than it actually seems to be. Even one of my friend is a forumer but lowyat is the last place we would like to know the identity of each other behind the keyboard.
Nomisma
post Apr 13 2020, 10:39 AM

10 posts

QUOTE(babayagamalaysia @ Apr 13 2020, 01:17 AM)
hmmm...now the question is how holypredator knows his name? takkan hantam name jackpot terus? hahahah

Reminder to myself: dont mess with holyP
QUOTE(ZeroSOFInfinity @ Apr 13 2020, 07:41 AM)

1) Create a dupe
2) Search for his topics in Garage Sales
3) Pretend want to buy, then ask for bank account no. Or his contact details.
4) If No. 3 doesnt work, just pay a small amount and wait for him to send item via courier. Sender details all there.

Or just PM everyone he knows.....
QUOTE(RicoT @ Apr 13 2020, 10:12 AM)
I think it is

1) Search the Nur profile post
2) Found his post in Garage Sales with phone number
3) Google search his phone number reveals a WTS post in another forum about RC cars with one of his name
4) Facebook search with phone number reveals his personal Facebook with more names and info about wife and children

All personal info on public domain
QUOTE(Imp Bron @ Apr 13 2020, 12:14 PM)
No few other ktards managed to find his full name, ic, business ssm, picture. Even his private Instagram picture posted in this tered last night before he starts the apology theread. They already edited it and remove. But if you follow this tered last night can see a lot

With just simply basic Google skills can't do this, probably need other skill too
This post has been edited by Nomisma: Apr 13 2020, 12:17 PM

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0158sec    0.31    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:16 PM