Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Galaxy Z Series Fold3/Flip3, Previous & upcoming new model (Samsung)

views

suilow1991
post Oct 11 2020, 07:48 PM

Getting Started
206 posts

QUOTE(KomradMikhail @ Oct 11 2020, 06:50 AM)
Which one of you here posted the GKK “AI Autofocus” Fold 2 case in GalaxyFold subreddit? tongue.gif

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyFold/comment...utm_name=iossmf

It’s a near perfect case for the Fold 2, I just can’t stand that “AI Autofocus” part. Why can’t these enterprising mainland Chinese just leave the casing alone with destroying the minimalistic look of the case with that hideous “AI Autofocus” letterings,   doh.gif

Without that horrible “AI Autofocus” ugliness letterings on the camera bump covering, I’d be all over it already. And because of that, the search for the perfect Fold 2 case continues. I’m also worries me for the current trend of requiring double-sided tape to keep the case in place. What happened to form-fitting cases that just snaps into place, AND STAYS IN PLACE? Ike all first party Samsung cases so far, but without front cover case section. If the answer is the front cover is too narrow and thin to be form fitting, then I’ll resign to the fact that I’ll be carrying my Fold 2 without front cover case protected, and will only be protected by a pouch.

The way I look at it, if your case isn’t form fitting and require double-sided tape to stay in place, it’s a poorly made case. I don’t want to have to deal with adhesives on my beautiful Fold2, so I’d rather not have any of these cases on my Fold 2 whatsoever.
I posted the GKK reddit link here but it's not written by me. I also ordered similar China according to his description, hopefully receive it next few days then I can give the feedback. In fact I ordered for 2 different colours simply because the case is dirt cheap.
Regarding the ugly letterings I do have a suggestion which is to get a dbrand skin for camera and cover it if you cannot ignore it, wouldn't cost you too much. Or you even take something and repaint the section.

This post has been edited by suilow1991: Oct 11 2020, 07:50 PM
suilow1991
post Oct 13 2020, 11:56 AM

Getting Started
206 posts

QUOTE(neekun @ Oct 13 2020, 07:53 AM)
Not sure if any of the local shop here selling this full body protector or not :

https://youtu.be/V4gBp7uzus0
I'm using the hydrogel sp for the cover screen. You can the find the inner screen option from shopee also. But I don't remember they have include the protection for the hinge.
suilow1991
post Oct 17 2020, 04:55 PM

Getting Started
206 posts

QUOTE(link87 @ Oct 8 2020, 04:12 PM)
My just arrived case front also thick.

then i come across with this

https://shopee.com.my/Samsung-Galaxy-Z-Fold...3941.7051654616

from the video i think the front case thin enough i guess.
Simple review of the transparent case referred by link87
Photos: Google Photos

Front case:
Pros- The frame's border sits on the bazel and slight distance from the screen so all the gesture from the sides can be easily done. The right side of the frame is on the same level of screen and cover like a bumper rather than protruding frame.
Cons- Because the right frame is too thin, you can pull it apart from the phone body, but it usually stays intact unless you purposely do so. There is no cut out near the fingerprint reader, so anyone with big thumb might feel a a bit uncomfortable to use the fingerprint unlock. I personally can live with that.

Back case:
Basically well protected with a slight sticking out over the camera bump. The glossy black and the grains design can be seen clearly through the transparent case.

My verdict: It is a decent case that is recommended for daily use. rclxms.gif I would give up my aramid case and use it instead, but probably need to add an iRing or air cushion phone bracket to replace the stand of aramid cover if you want.

This post has been edited by suilow1991: Oct 17 2020, 05:56 PM
suilow1991
post Oct 19 2020, 07:39 PM

Getting Started
206 posts

So-called "AI Autofocus" case

Can't get the images to resized properly so I'll just drop the link here.
https://imgur.com/a/fYDMBnc

First thing I held the case in my hand already amazed by it's matte texture as compared to the slippery feel of the plastic transparent case I just put on few days ago. The thickness is comparably similar with the aramid cover. Quality wise doesn't feel like cheap plastic also, although it's just RM30. The case hold the phone body tight and fit, with additional bulge on the top and bottom of front case that hook into the speaker grill (zoom in photo to see).

One of the noteworthy points is the right edge of the front frame is now higher compared to previous case which means better protection but also increased the difficulty to access edge panel. You still can trigger it but might take some time to practice and get used to it. But I think people use the edge panel lesser on the front screen than on the inner screen. Swipe gesture for BACK action on the other hand is not affected thou.

Another thing to mention is the camera cover. The camera glass is not exposed like other case. If get irritated by the imprinted "AI Autofocus" letters, get a dbrand camera skin and it can be covered nicely, or just buy a bottle of spray paint to settle it hmm.gif .

I can say that I'm quite satisfy with this case and would probably use it for long term. If anyone is still scouting for a case, really can give it a try since it might save you some money before go for those branded cases that cost over RM200.
suilow1991
post Oct 26 2020, 10:20 AM

Getting Started
206 posts

QUOTE(KomradMikhail @ Oct 24 2020, 05:52 PM)
Speaking of the GKK Autofocus case, I'm waiting for the Misty Gold color version to become available on Shopee. A seller in Seremban is bringing it in, but as with all products shipped from China, "preorder 10 days". You can bring it in yourself and deal with the shipping in, I did that once with the envelope style leather pouch, I dont wanna go through that crap again. Let others deal with that crap bringing it in, I'll just get it off him when it's in the country.

Why another case, you ask? I think I've mentioned before that without that hideous AI Autofocus lettering, it would be a handsome case, before I grew fond of my VRS case and the Nano Gel strip DIY I've MacGyvered on it, I love it now. But I put my Shopee coin where my mouth is, so I'm getting the GKK Autofocus case just so that I can see if I like it enough to at least say I've tried it (not just base my impresions of what others are saying about it, I made that mistake with the VRS case, by listening to the whiners in Reddit, no more!), who knows, maybe I can use whiteboard marker pen the camera bump section and color it off that way. laugh.gif
I do have an extra Mist Gold with me which I'm not using now because I prefer the black one for my Fold2. Matte surface also. Can sell to you first if you want, dont have to wait for 10 days and shipping. One thing is I don't know which exact dbrand camera skin colour match the body better. There is a sunset red and sunrise orange, but really hard to tell from the colour name confused.gif

user posted image

This post has been edited by suilow1991: Oct 26 2020, 10:26 AM
suilow1991
post Oct 30 2020, 12:02 PM

Getting Started
206 posts

QUOTE(KomradMikhail @ Oct 29 2020, 07:51 PM)
Someone report in once the November update is out for our Malaysian Fold 2s.

https://www.sammyfans.com/2020/10/29/galaxy...ber-2020-patch/
What's new:
* November security patches (Samsung Android Security Updates)
* Overall stability of functions improved.
* Camera-app updated.
* The security of your device has been improved.

Changelog from xda. Seem like this is just a minor patch. Probably have to wait till Android 11 update for major changes.
suilow1991
post Oct 30 2020, 09:12 PM

Getting Started
206 posts

QUOTE(KomradMikhail @ Oct 30 2020, 03:30 PM)
Worth considering? Got me intrigued at least. If the hinge cover is that precise fitting into place.

user posted image
Spigen Slim Armor Pro.

Somebody buy and be the beta-tester for all of us here, quick!  tongue.gif 99 dollars though  sweat.gif
You can already watch the preview of the real thing in YouTube.
https://youtu.be/seTCG9ezMEE
suilow1991
post Oct 31 2020, 03:49 PM

Getting Started
206 posts

QUOTE(KomradMikhail @ Oct 31 2020, 09:24 AM)

One of the very few reviewer I take his word for. MKBHD? No thanks, I prefer non-Apple shill.

I'm probably biased to Michael Fisher after his "When Phones Were Fun" series on his Youtube channel, his experience there mirrors my own, except that I grew up with Nokia crazily-designed phones like Nokia N91, N93 and N95, while he grew up with his crazily-designed States-side phones like the Sidekick and the Moto Razr. In fact it was my boredom with slab [hones that drew me to the Fold form factor, as we all "Enter Into The Fold". His fondness to Star Trek (old school ones, not the crappy new STD), just like I do, seals the deal for me. Never thought I'd find someone in the same wavelength as I am.
Watched through the part where he mentioned ipad + galaxy phone only cost $1000+, even though samsung threw in some watch and galaxy buds, reminds me about the not-so-useful mont blanc cardholder that got left aside ever since I took it home. This thing can hardly be sold for good value due to the market is flooded with it from many of the phone owners. Although it's kinda free gift for pre-order so we shouldn't complain much, but samsung probably should rethink the options and don't give something that is not so relevant. Replace with an aramid cover of cheaper price also thousand times better than the card holder dry.gif
suilow1991
post Nov 3 2020, 07:15 PM

Getting Started
206 posts

Finally received the dbrand camera skin and completed the final diy on the AI-Autofocus case. The text are covered and the dbrand matte black colour blend in quite well. Also added a momostick for finger grip because the picky finger gets numb pretty fast to support the heavy phone during one-hand use. The grip can stand the phone when folded but tends to fall over if unfolded.
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

suilow1991
post Nov 7 2020, 01:11 PM

Getting Started
206 posts

QUOTE(KomradMikhail @ Nov 7 2020, 09:41 AM)
Jesus H. Christ, some of these folks in /GalaxyFold subreddit are beyond OCD already. I swear their eyes are like micron telescopes that can detect the slightest scratch invisible to naked eye and make it look like a valley.

Time to use your Fold as it should be used as.Otherwise either you get a second unit and leave it looking shiny new or use your Fold in the most sterile debris-free environment, like a freaking COVID vaccine lab. laugh.gif

Anybody here STILL babying your Fold 2 after a month of purchase? I mean, I carry a microfibre cloth wherever I go and do a wipedown once in a while, but it's ridiculous overprotecting it until you're not putting the Fold to good use because you're too scared it'll scratch the damn thing. I mean I'm not abusing my Fold 2 but neither am I using a PPE and gloves while operating it. laugh.gif

Sorry for the rant, lack of sleep. Watching the charts too much and then made the mistake of surfing that subreddit. I need to get some breakfast..... shakehead.gif
Better safe than sorry. Although I put on the back cover since the moment I unboxed the phone, I still notice a few micro-scratches on the glossy black surface that can be seen with naked eyes one day when I remove the back case and see. I really couldn't understand how this could happen. confused.gif To prevent this to happen again or worsen, I again was forced to wrap the back of the phone although it's covered by the case.

This post has been edited by suilow1991: Nov 7 2020, 01:12 PM
suilow1991
post Nov 16 2020, 05:59 PM

Getting Started
206 posts

Anyone's inner screen protector still well intact? Seem like it's about time for me to peel it off because the the edges along the hinge started to float up more and more often lately. I might lose patience with it soon.
suilow1991
post Nov 24 2020, 10:44 PM

Getting Started
206 posts

QUOTE(zzzz52 @ Nov 24 2020, 03:09 PM)
I still searching for good inner screen screen protector. Anyone got any recommendation that u have used?
Bought the Orzero 3 pieces pack for US$13 from amazon, but 1 week d still haven't shipped from US, may be the covid is just too bad there. Saw quite many have recommended this, but have to wait till I experienced it only can tell for sure. Now every day have to press the stock sp to stick it back at the hinge side.
suilow1991
post Nov 25 2020, 04:12 PM

Getting Started
206 posts

QUOTE(zzzz52 @ Nov 25 2020, 09:59 AM)
Thanks. U could not find any from lazada or shopee?
Some are selling at ridiculous price and unknown quality. Overall it's cheaper to buy from amazon because covert over about rm130 for 3 sets inner+front including priority shipping. May be dont need so many but i always keep spare.
suilow1991
post Nov 25 2020, 04:14 PM

Getting Started
206 posts

QUOTE(chewlm86 @ Nov 25 2020, 03:59 PM)
Just wanna share with you guys that I finally found a microfiber cloth that make cleaning the inner screen easy.

https://www.lazada.com.my/products/moshi-te...s913232679.html

I tried a couple of different microfiber cloth,  this one gave me the best result.

Initially found out about it through Amazon, got very good ratings.
https://www.amazon.com/Moshi-99MO033001NK-T...k/dp/B005GJC01C
I just use the small cloth that normally come along with glasses, that's fine enough i think.
suilow1991
post Nov 26 2020, 06:01 PM

Getting Started
206 posts

You don't get to choose how good is the OS or the phone hardware, you only get to choose whether to buy and adapt to it or not. Manufacturers will always leave flaws so that people continue buying new products.
suilow1991
post Nov 27 2020, 05:17 PM

Getting Started
206 posts

QUOTE(zzzz52 @ Nov 27 2020, 02:45 AM)
thanks. could you provide a link to the seller? thx
Orzero 3 pieces pack Amazon link
They do offer 2 pieces pack at $11.99, but 3 pieces for $14.95 is slightly more worth. This is what i bought, but still waiting transit dry.gif

shopee link for local seller
Ringke brand, so far only heard of their phone cases, not sure if the screen protector is good. Considering RM70 for only 1 set, there is also no second chance for you if any mistake is done while applying it.

This post has been edited by suilow1991: Nov 27 2020, 05:22 PM
suilow1991
post Nov 27 2020, 05:24 PM

Getting Started
206 posts

QUOTE(xisan @ Nov 27 2020, 05:11 PM)
Z Fold 2 with weird T-shaped phone laugh.gif

user posted image
Imported LG Wing? Interesting phone, too bad not using top-notch snapdragon.
suilow1991
post Dec 2 2020, 06:17 PM

Getting Started
206 posts

My z fold 2 inner screen just died on me moment ago. Unfold and switched to the inner screen for 1 minute and suddenly total blackout. Tried to restart the phone and only the front screen can display as normal. The phone also heats up crazy and feels like burning. Unfortunately samsung service centre just closed at 6pm and I am helpless now...
suilow1991
post Dec 8 2020, 12:25 AM

Getting Started
206 posts

QUOTE(xisan @ Dec 7 2020, 09:33 PM)
Any updates? Is your phone working now or you send for warranty claim?
Nah, sent to service centre on Thursday, let them do some checking. Call in today to follow up, and apparently they still waiting for some spare parts to arrive before they can start repair, but might delay a bit because transportation got affected by covid. Fortunately it will be covered by the warranty (I suspect is defect), so I probably don't have to pay for anything. Hopefully I can get it back by this Friday. Going back to old mate 20 pro made me missing the convenient of doing split screens on ZF2 so much, no candy bar phones can offer the same experience.
suilow1991
post Dec 11 2020, 08:20 PM

Getting Started
206 posts

Finally got back my fold2 from service centre on Wednesday. Not sure what internal is damaged that killed the inner screen. But at least they said everything is fixed now and it seems that a new screen was installed biggrin.gif

Restored all my data and the phone is ready for action again. Hopefully no breakdown anymore.

3 Pages < 1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0231sec    0.94    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th October 2021 - 06:02 PM