Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Galaxy Z Fold 2 | Z Flip, Fold (Discussion Thread), Z / Fold series & upcoming new model (Samsung)

views

suilow1991
post Sep 11 2020, 12:03 PM

Getting Started
206 posts

QUOTE(shockk @ Sep 11 2020, 11:42 AM)
user posted image

Hi guys. Just pre-ordered mine. Hope to get it soon as it ships on 19th Sept.

Being a Fold 1 user, the Fold 2 is a must-buy! 😁

And congratulations to Sonyclie77 for pre-ordering too. 🥶
Hi, can know this one is choose to ship directly to house from samsung online shop or collection at samsung experience stores? I checked senheng website ETA 22 Sept. So means samsung site may be faster?
Got to go samsung stores to see the actual mystic bronze and mystic black look from previous note 20 only can decide.

This post has been edited by suilow1991: Sep 11 2020, 12:11 PM
suilow1991
post Sep 21 2020, 05:41 PM

Getting Started
206 posts

QUOTE(sonyclie77 @ Sep 21 2020, 05:22 PM)
Those who opted for self collect at stores, have any of you got a call from Samsung to collect their Fold 2?
Opted for self collect at UR store. I called the branch personally and they said the phones have arrived but tmr 10am onwards only can collect because the official launch is tmr. So I guess it should be the same for Samsung stores.
suilow1991
post Sep 22 2020, 02:59 PM

Getting Started
206 posts

Seem like everyone is taking the bronze colour here. Is it only me who liked the mystic black?
suilow1991
post Sep 22 2020, 05:11 PM

Getting Started
206 posts

QUOTE(xisan @ Sep 22 2020, 03:10 PM)
Black fingerprints magnet but you are not using without case so it's fine laugh.gif
Yea, I immediately put on the aramid cover once the plastic wrap is removed. Anyways, the inside and the cover screen are also full of fingerprints due to the plastic screen protector.
Can obviously feel the heavier weight compared to normal phone, just used it to play games awhile with one hand and the wrist starts to feel tired.

This post has been edited by suilow1991: Sep 22 2020, 05:12 PM
suilow1991
post Sep 22 2020, 07:14 PM

Getting Started
206 posts

QUOTE(xisan @ Sep 22 2020, 06:58 PM)
Ya already checked no second imei and no + button to add any esim code beside the Mobile Data like previous model.
Search thoroughly in the settings also no way to register esim.
https://www.androidheadlines.com/2020/09/sa...ort-update.html

Apparent esim has to wait for OTG update to support
suilow1991
post Sep 23 2020, 11:18 AM

Getting Started
206 posts

QUOTE(muffdiver @ Sep 23 2020, 12:35 AM)
Just collected mine this afternoon. Had a busy time moving everything from my Note 10+ to this new baby. A folding screen is so wonderful! Haha. Never been so excited since the Note 1 came out as the largest screen for that time. Reading manga and watching netflix on this is awesome! Sound is super clear too. Didn't quite like the Buds Live. Im already having the Sony NC Earbuds anyway which sounds better.
Watched some reviews saying that the buds live isn't impressive also. Haven't unbox it yet because I still using another pair of old buds. Feel like reselling the free Mb card holder and the buds live to reduce the cost since they are not useful to me anyways but not sure if anyone would want the those.

QUOTE(NatalieRath @ Sep 23 2020, 08:06 AM)
Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn I LOVE THE NARROW LONG SCREEN ON THE FRONT.

I have no idea why but I abso-fucking-lutely love it!

And best of all? It's so long you can directly click on the comments in YouTube. biggrin.gif

I barely even use the foldable screen

ARAMID Case sucks btw.

I am looking to get the Spigen Tough Armor
-1 for the aramid cover also. The material, texture and build are decent, but it really doesn't look like giving the device enough protection.
suilow1991
post Sep 25 2020, 11:18 AM

Getting Started
206 posts

QUOTE(calintztan @ Sep 25 2020, 08:48 AM)
Currently looking at white dome front screen protector but it's expensive. Do we have local distributor for this ?
Found the white dome protector in Google also, but it's tempered glass using UV glue. My concern is the glue overflow might be a problem if not taped the sides well, seeing that the fold have no ip rating. But that could be just my skill problem.
suilow1991
post Sep 27 2020, 05:18 PM

Getting Started
206 posts

Here is a gentle reminder for new Z fold 2 owners in case some are not aware:

Urban Republic called me on purpose to go redeem the inner screen crack protection in Samsung Members app as it's not the same as the one year warranty given to the phone. So in case some of you are notified, just go to the app and find the banner with the folding phones and do the redemption.

Ignore this if you already done it, may be can pin it if many are not aware.

This post has been edited by suilow1991: Sep 27 2020, 07:02 PM
suilow1991
post Sep 28 2020, 05:26 PM

Getting Started
206 posts

Saw this gold hinge black body in reddit, the phone looks damn elegant. Too bad we don't get the option to customize ourselves, else I don't mind waiting longer for it.
user posted image
suilow1991
post Sep 29 2020, 03:53 PM

Getting Started
206 posts

QUOTE(spitrix @ Sep 29 2020, 02:39 PM)
Any brave souls out there peeled off the inner screens screen protector on their own?
I see no point to peel off a good protection for the inner screen considering that there is no better replacement now, but you can just peel it carefully without worry if you're tempted to do so.
suilow1991
post Sep 30 2020, 09:52 AM

Getting Started
206 posts

QUOTE(neekun @ Sep 30 2020, 05:17 AM)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sFYit_d3dk

Very complicated self installation process, wonder if the screen protector is good or not.
It's the uv glue tempered glass, the process looks tedious but actually very easy to execute, especially this one have the kit to help.

Reportedly it is not very compatible with the spigen case by some posts in reddit because the edge will slightly lift up the case due to overlap.
suilow1991
post Oct 1 2020, 04:45 PM

Getting Started
206 posts

QUOTE(0300078 @ Oct 1 2020, 10:13 AM)
that the problem.... i dont even dare to tear off the cover screen SP though i really want to do it. Did any of u tear it off yet? Mine already scratch the cover screen.
Tear my cover screen SP off yesterday and stick the x.one stealth armor SP I bought from lazada. I wouldn't say the quality is as strong as glass, but I personally feel better than the stock SP, although I didn't take my phone to hammer nails or scratch it with key to test out.

It does adhere to the screen area very well, but I was a bit careless this time and left a very tiny dust which I noticed after I had done everything...

suilow1991
post Oct 2 2020, 10:50 AM

Getting Started
206 posts

I have Aukey PA-Y13 74.5W, doesn't show super fast charging like samsung stock charger, only fast charging.
It has 9V 3A, but doesn't have the 11V on Samsung charger, so probably that's why can't charge at max speed.
suilow1991
post Oct 3 2020, 02:23 AM

Getting Started
206 posts

QUOTE(neekun @ Oct 2 2020, 09:42 PM)
The inner screen so soft to touch after screen protector is removed. So fragile!!!
Honestly the inner screen is never my concern because it is protected when folded. Even when you use the inner screen, you probably won't glide the screen with your fingernail also.
But it still depends on how you use it, bcoz I mostly use the inner screen for videos or browsing only, so I'm not so worried compared to outer side of the phone that are more exposed.
suilow1991
post Oct 3 2020, 02:45 AM

Getting Started
206 posts

QUOTE(link87 @ Oct 2 2020, 08:19 AM)
Hi. Anyone use Aukey PA-Y11 48w charger to charge z fold 2? Can it fast charge?

Any recomendation on others charger. Need to buy for travel/office. Coz i use ip11 pro max also. So looking for dual port charger.
user posted image
This one I tested with Aukey PA-Y13 on it's USB-C PD. Can see "fast charging" compared to "super fast charging" below.

user posted image
This one is using the original charger that came with the phone.

Overall, roughly 15mins slower according to estimation from 16%-100%. You can consider this if you don't mind the difference.

This post has been edited by suilow1991: Oct 3 2020, 02:45 AM
suilow1991
post Oct 7 2020, 06:08 PM

Getting Started
206 posts

user posted image

Me also just received the cheap cover today. Tried to put on the front cover because I already have the aramid cover on the back.
The profile of the frame is so thick and near the edge of the screen, making swipe-in gesture for BACK literally impossible, either from left or right side. Same goes to the edge panel for multitasks.

As a result, have to give up using this case that makes life more difficult. Now waiting for another case that was recommended in reddit to ship from China. So hard to find a suitable front cover. Samsung really should have made the cover together with the front screen part and not left us with the phone protected half way... doh.gif

This post has been edited by suilow1991: Oct 7 2020, 06:17 PM
suilow1991
post Oct 8 2020, 02:32 AM

Getting Started
206 posts

QUOTE(ray2k88 @ Oct 8 2020, 12:34 AM)
Hi guys,  just received fold 2 as my 2nd samsung phone since Galaxy R in 2011.

May I know how to turn on rear camera selfie while using inner unfolded screen?
I suppose you meant number 1:

1) open camera with cover screen> tap top right corner > unfold > take selfie using rear camera looking at cover screen

2) open camera with inner screen > tap top left corner > ask someone take photo for you while having a preview on cover screen (no capture button)

suilow1991
post Oct 8 2020, 11:43 AM

Getting Started
206 posts

QUOTE(ray2k88 @ Oct 8 2020, 10:11 AM)
Yeah I mean how to do number 1 while using the inner screen? Instead of folded the phone and turn on camera and unfold again to activate.
Don't think you can do number 1 without starting from cover screen, so yea, fold and unfold again. Or you can do number 2 and use hand gesture (show give me 5 to the camera) to capture selfie yourself since the cover screen have no shutter button for you to press that way.

suilow1991
post Oct 9 2020, 11:58 AM

Getting Started
206 posts

QUOTE(KomradMikhail @ Oct 9 2020, 07:20 AM)
What a shame, the VRS Design case for the front cover blocks edge panel swipe in. WS looking forward to the case. sad.gif
https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/conten...nkUrlVersion=V1
This case is by far the most consistent for swipe in gesture, but he didn't demonstrate for the edge panel in this video.
I will post the reddit link below if anyone is interested in reading up, though I'm not sure is it violating the forum rule.
The case seems abundant in shopee but not sure are all the same or just grabbed the same thumbnails. The symbolic spot of the case is the "AI Autofocus" wording on the camera cover portion.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyFold/comment..._z_fold_2_case/

This post has been edited by suilow1991: Oct 9 2020, 12:01 PM
suilow1991
post Oct 9 2020, 03:13 PM

Getting Started
206 posts

QUOTE(KomradMikhail @ Oct 9 2020, 02:56 PM)
Yeah I've been lurking in Reddit GalaxyFold subreddit, saw that case. My contention with other cases is that they're plain, but they're unobtrusive and work without blocking swipes. My case is that I prefer cases with character, not the "me-too"dozens of cases from China that looks the same. I'd rather chuck my Fold 2 into a pouch and keep it that way, than put these generic cases.

I need cases with character, which is why I gravitated towards the VRS cases, they look steampunk-ish, and looked like it could come out from Star Wars or something. If I'm hiding my Fold underneath thick cases, I prefer it to have unique character. That's just me. Don't kill me. Just sad that the VRS case blocks swipe -in, and the most recent defect, this: https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyFold/comment...s_case_warning/ , paint chipping from inside section of the case. Looks really bad.

I've been starting to look for alternatives in Shopee, but none strikes me as worthwhile enough to replace the Aramid I have. I had so much high hope for VRS case. sad.gif
ALMOST bought a VRS with kickstand from singapore site as it is the fastest we can get on hand due to neighboring country, but called off in the end because they only have silver colour and I dont like bright colour for the phone.
I want to have a front case while keeping the Aramid but too bad there is unlikely a case that is good and style matching with the Aramid unless Samsung finally decide to do us the favor. I would pay for it even though it's rip off to have to pay for front and back cover separately dry.gif ...

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0371sec    0.84    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 14th June 2021 - 08:03 PM