Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Switch from unifi to maxis fibre, What’s the pick?

views

TSdinozilla
post Jan 28 2020, 06:35 PM, updated 4y ago

Regular
1,666 posts

Been with unifi from their bonanza promo, and since it’s ending and the plan I have is not with perpetual discount, I will be paying more for it, lowering the plan from 300 to 100 will extend another 24 months which is not what I intend for, hence considering a change.

Comparing on maxis fibre 100mbps, is it good in Sentul/Kepong area?
If intend for switch, is it possible to sign up for maxis and done install, before terminate unifi, or must terminate unifi first on the same premise?

Any advice? Thanks
matrix88
post Jan 28 2020, 06:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,098 posts

I received a call from Maxis, saying free upgrade for my unifi line, the sales lady was very cunning, told me they can upgrade my modem for me for free, and can get faster speed at lower cost

lucky I am not stupid, asked many questions and at last found that they just wanted people to switch over to maxis, dont bother about you are on contract or not.

Maxis sales staff is very unprofessional, only profit orientated and no ethics. I hope every one is aware of their scam and dont understand how Maxis can use this type of strategy teaching their staff to be so irresponsible.

This post has been edited by matrix88: Jan 28 2020, 06:40 PM
TSdinozilla
post Jan 28 2020, 06:49 PM

Regular
1,666 posts

QUOTE(matrix88 @ Jan 28 2020, 06:39 PM)
I received a call from Maxis, saying free upgrade for my unifi line, the sales lady was very cunning, told me they can upgrade my modem for me for free, and can get faster speed at lower cost

lucky I am not stupid, asked many questions and at last found that they just wanted people to switch over to maxis, dont bother about you are on contract or not.

Maxis sales staff is very unprofessional, only profit orientated and no ethics. I hope every one is aware of their scam and dont understand how Maxis can use this type of strategy teaching  their staff to be so irresponsible.
Sorry to hear about your experience bro
Although I understand your pain, I m more like wanting to keep my monthly commitment and to avoid a hike, hence comparing. If by facility wise it’s stable vs unifi, I m consider for a try. After all if with unifi, I have to go with 24mth for a less nice pkg anyway
yongtjunkit
post Jan 28 2020, 07:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,483 posts

When switching from unifi to maxis, you’ll get a slower response in when you encounter an issue as maxis needs to report to TM if the issue is the fiber to the modem...

Anything after the TM modem is under maxis, anything from the TM modem to the entire fiber run is under TM

This post has been edited by yongtjunkit: Jan 28 2020, 07:27 PM
YoungMan
post Jan 28 2020, 07:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,393 posts

QUOTE(dinozilla @ Jan 28 2020, 07:35 PM)
Been with unifi from their bonanza promo, and since it’s ending and the plan I have is not with perpetual discount, I will be paying more for it, lowering the plan from 300 to 100 will extend another 24 months which is not what I intend for, hence considering a change.

Comparing on maxis fibre 100mbps, is it good in Sentul/Kepong area?
If intend for switch, is it possible to sign up for maxis and done install, before terminate unifi, or must terminate unifi first on the same premise?

Any advice? Thanks
You can install Maxis first and then terminate unifi. Maxis will run on lan 2 of your unifi BTU. There is a form which you need to get from Maxis to submit to TMPoint to indicate you have switch to Maxis. Otherwise you will be charge RM500 for not returning the TM BTU.
TSdinozilla
post Jan 28 2020, 08:53 PM

Regular
1,666 posts

QUOTE(YoungMan @ Jan 28 2020, 07:32 PM)
You can install Maxis first and then terminate unifi. Maxis will run on lan 2 of your unifi BTU. There is a form which you need to get from Maxis to submit to TMPoint to indicate you have switch to Maxis. Otherwise you will be charge RM500 for not returning the TM BTU.
u mean they will actually using the same BTU for the fibre as well?
CHIP CN
post Jan 28 2020, 08:59 PM

Tuned by CHIP CN
1,262 posts

Already switched 5 months, i use fibre And mobile. Setakat ini berpuas hati speed and coverage, ada zerolution tu yg berminat tukar
YoungMan
post Jan 28 2020, 09:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,393 posts

QUOTE(dinozilla @ Jan 28 2020, 09:53 PM)
u mean they will actually using the same BTU for the fibre as well?
Yes. Maxis use TM's infra. Only the network routing goes to Maxis own network.
CHIP CN
post Jan 28 2020, 09:07 PM

Tuned by CHIP CN
1,262 posts

Tm byk jual infra skrg.... Satu lg fibre yg pakai ok + free fix ip 1 unit, harga lg murah. Viewqwest.
archonixm
post Jul 13 2020, 03:10 PM

Enthusiast
772 posts

QUOTE(CHIP CN @ Jan 28 2020, 09:07 PM)
Tm byk jual infra skrg.... Satu lg fibre yg pakai ok + free fix ip 1 unit, harga lg murah. Viewqwest.
mcm maxis ke? ada unifi, ada la maxis
stinger
post Jul 14 2020, 07:33 PM

Casual
315 posts

QUOTE(YoungMan @ Jan 28 2020, 07:32 PM)
This process no longer apply. The new process is TM will terminate FIRST after 11 days of approval.
If there is any problem in the transfer, you will end up like my case its been A MONTH without fibre line now : https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4984140

Don't simply switch unless you are ready for no fibre for at least A MONTH

This post has been edited by stinger: Jul 14 2020, 07:36 PM
YoungMan
post Jul 14 2020, 09:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,393 posts

QUOTE(stinger @ Jul 14 2020, 08:33 PM)
This process no longer apply. The new process is TM will terminate FIRST after 11 days of approval.
If there is any problem in the transfer, you will end up like my case its been A MONTH without fibre line now : https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4984140

Don't simply switch unless you are ready for no fibre for at least A MONTH
Yes I read your topic. Do update us what happen.
TSdinozilla
post Jul 14 2020, 09:30 PM

Regular
1,666 posts

wow...din notice about the post update...

FYI I actually did the change back then after a month in FEB...didnt have that happened like your case... Maxis came and installed, and later I arranged to TMPoint for termination (took a bit time as waited for the 1 month notice + failed to go to 1 branch for 1 time), but the termination happened smoothly. Consider a happy MaxisPrime user now...
hope yours get solved soon...
stinger
post Jul 15 2020, 01:22 PM

Casual
315 posts

QUOTE(YoungMan @ Jul 14 2020, 09:20 PM)
Yes I read your topic. Do update us what happen.
still waiting for them to complete the installation... now using temp usb wifi dongle, no router no account yet.

QUOTE(dinozilla @ Jul 14 2020, 09:30 PM)

FYI I actually did the change back then after a month in FEB...didnt have that happened like your case... Maxis came and installed, and later I arranged to TMPoint for termination (took a bit time as waited for the 1 month notice + failed to go to 1 branch for 1 time), but the termination happened smoothly. Consider a happy MaxisPrime user now...
i am praying everyday so that this nightmare will end.
YoungMan
post Jul 15 2020, 02:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,393 posts

QUOTE(dinozilla @ Jul 14 2020, 10:30 PM)

According to one inside source, this process just started in April, and not all their staff are familiar with it. It applies both way from TM to Maxis and from Maxis to TM. Basically once you submit transfer request, the existing ISP will either approve or reject your request to transfer, just like MNP. If existing ISP did not reject it, it will auto approve after 10 working days. Your new ISP can only commence installation once transfer request approved by existing ISP.

QUOTE(stinger @ Jul 15 2020, 02:22 PM)
still waiting for them to complete the installation... now using temp usb wifi dongle, no router no account yet.
i am praying everyday so that this nightmare will end.
Hope for the best for you. Now even Digi is going to use Unifi infra, so more headache for people who wants to switch from one to another.
CHIP CN
post Jul 15 2020, 11:17 PM

Tuned by CHIP CN
1,262 posts

QUOTE(archonixm @ Jul 13 2020, 03:10 PM)
mcm maxis ke? ada unifi, ada la maxis
Ya mcm maxis. Di mana ada unifi ada viewqwest. Fiber tm jugak.
archonixm
post Jul 17 2020, 11:42 AM

Enthusiast
772 posts

QUOTE(CHIP CN @ Jul 15 2020, 11:17 PM)
Ya mcm maxis. Di mana ada unifi ada viewqwest. Fiber tm jugak.
my bro area got tm fiber unifi,when check with qwest, they say dun have coverage, why?
SUSCandy12
post Jul 17 2020, 11:10 PM

Regular
1,878 posts

QUOTE(archonixm @ Jul 17 2020, 11:42 AM)
my bro area got tm fiber unifi,when check with qwest, they say dun have coverage, why?
Only certain Klang Valley TM exchange offices are enabled only to sell ViewQwest service. Not all.
archonixm
post Jul 17 2020, 11:17 PM

Enthusiast
772 posts

QUOTE(Candy12 @ Jul 17 2020, 11:10 PM)
Only certain Klang Valley TM exchange offices are enabled only to sell ViewQwest service. Not all.
oh i thought nationwide
SUSCandy12
post Jul 17 2020, 11:22 PM

Regular
1,878 posts

QUOTE(archonixm @ Jul 17 2020, 11:17 PM)
oh i thought nationwide
Not yet only the popular and larger exchanges with high demand were selected.

11 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0170sec    0.60    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:35 PM