Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Help to Recommend Budget Performance Tyres

views

rocketeer_ace
post Mar 2 2020, 03:19 PM

19 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Mar 2 2020, 10:02 AM)
But PS3/4 and also F1D5 are much worse. Continental CSC/ECS, F1A2, RE003, V12E2 are much less.
Hard to say.... but i'm pretty sure the tire construction compound also plays a role as well
chris0321
post Mar 2 2020, 08:11 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Mar 1 2020, 01:29 AM)
Which Hankook? I am on my second d set of V12E2 and no such issues. PS3/4 though had a lot of chipping when driven hard, more so than others eventhough performance still good in such condition.
I really cannot remember which series already, is about 10 years back. it should be previous series of V12 from the threads design. That time i remember very clear is about 4 years old plus the tyres got harden and crack (not chipping but is minor line and is crack like dessert waste land on the treads), my tyreman explained to me the rubber of hankook is like that.. if michelin then can last longer, the rubber will still soft and perform even after 4 years old..... thats how I change to Primacy LC for my next tyre since I am low mileage user during that time.. then PS3 til now, but due to pricing issue, I am giving a try on GY.

This post has been edited by chris0321: Mar 2 2020, 08:14 PM
6UE5T
post Mar 3 2020, 12:09 AM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(chris0321 @ Mar 2 2020, 08:11 PM)
I really cannot remember which series already, is about 10 years back. it should be previous series of V12 from the threads design. That time i remember very clear is about 4 years old plus the tyres got harden and crack (not chipping but is minor line and is crack like dessert waste land on the treads), my tyreman explained to me the rubber of hankook is like that.. if michelin then can last longer, the rubber will still soft and perform even after 4 years old..... thats how I change to Primacy LC for my next tyre since I am low mileage user during that time.. then PS3 til now, but due to pricing issue, I am giving a try on GY.
Maybe now improved already coz in the last 5 years seems like Hankook has stepped up their game noticeably as their products often can match or even better top brands. Hankook now is categorized as premium brand now by Tyresreview UK whereby few years back it's still put as midrange brand.
mivecwira
post Mar 4 2020, 09:10 PM

9 posts

Ever heard BF Goodrich? Dayton or Firestone? this budget tires being used before and not bad on both wet n dry road.
Zeuss1220
post Mar 8 2020, 07:23 PM

Casual
469 posts

Tumpang tered.

So I need to change the tires of my Subaru 2013 XV. 225/55R17

Priorities for me is economy and overall safety. I'm quite noob when comes to cars (this car also my dad's one), so not really concerned on noise, comfort or super-sporty performance.

Surfing Tyre Talk recently I learned that Dayton tires are a no go, although its the cheapest. So what are my options for this size?

Side question: Does Lazada offer the best price for tires? Any prior experience you guys have buying tires from lazada

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0112sec    0.28    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:53 AM