10 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Ultimate Discussions of ASNB Fixed Price UT, Magical UT only in Malaysia

views

wild_card_my
post Dec 6 2019, 09:09 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

Sorry if I sound a little ignorant on this. I focus mainly on the fixed price funds of ASB1 and sometimes ASB2, due to the nature of my business

Which funds are you guys generally buying? There are six (6) fixed price funds right? Which ones are opened for non-bumiputras to purchase (albeit need to queue or try your luck)?
wild_card_my
post Dec 6 2019, 09:38 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(lucifah @ Dec 6 2019, 09:15 AM)
ASB1 - 200k limit
ASB2 - 200k limit
ASB3 - 2m limit
with bumi quota (IIRC 50%?):
ASM2 - no limit

no quota aka free for all
ASM1
ASM2
for non bumi, they will usually go for ASM1 as it is the one with the highest dividend, but also the hardest to get

they will also settle for ASM2 & ASM3 whenever possible

what's the latest financing rate for ASB1 & ASB2 nowadays bro?
The lowest in the market that is available for application is 4.85% p.a. for now

But two (2) banks have stretched the financing from the normal 30 years, to 35 years or until the age of 65

One (1) bank has stretched it further last month to 40 years or until the age of 65

Even those a little older than 25 years old can benefit from it, for example, someone who is 28 and planning to refinance:

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

wild_card_my
post Dec 6 2019, 03:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(prophetjul @ Dec 6 2019, 11:26 AM)
4.85% finance cost to receive around 5 to 5.5% total returns????  Am I missing something here?
You are missing quite a lot. Try reading up on:

1. Amortization
2. Compounding interest

Thank you.

QUOTE(bourse @ Dec 6 2019, 11:52 AM)
Finance for ASB1 & ASB2.  NOT any fp fund.

Dividend ASB1 6.50%
Dividend ASB2 6%

This is free money giving away.  You are not missing anything here.  Anyhow, not many bumi understand.
Apparently based on the above person's reply, plenty of non-bumi don't understand it either. As if they do not know that you can't simply compare annual interest rates and compounding returns; and proceed to make silly comments.

I rest my case.
wild_card_my
post Dec 6 2019, 03:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(prophetjul @ Dec 6 2019, 03:18 PM)
Compounding at 5% is better than compounding at 1.5% p.a 

So how does amortization bring a return on investment?
Interest on the loans are paid based on a reducing balance. As you pay your installments, your interest payments get reduced.

On the other hand, you are probably already clear about compounding. For those who don't, compounding returns takes into account the previously accumulated returns plus capital when calculating the upcoming return

So in general, people who keep on mentioning 4.85% vs 6.5% really has some understanding to do. For example of actual calculation: after 5 years of taking up RM200k financing, the 4.85% interest on a loan balance of RM189k yields a different number than a 6.5% on the now compounded RM275k value.

QUOTE(beLIEve @ Dec 6 2019, 03:19 PM)
what's the big deal about compounding return? EPF giving compounding dividend, but I'm getting less in the one declared this year (for 2018) vs declared in 2018 (for 2017). If the percentage drops, it has little meaning, at least, to me.
"what's the big deal about compounding return?" not sure if you are trolling by purposely being ignorant. But for the sake of professionalism, I will adapt Husnuzon, which is translated to "Bersangka Baik".

In any case, compounding interest is a very powerful force. "Albert Einstein famously said that compound interest is the most powerful force in the universe. He said, “Compound interest is the 8th wonder of the world. He who understands it, earns it; he who doesn't, pays it.

Are we really going to talk about compounding returns in this thread?
wild_card_my
post Dec 6 2019, 03:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(prophetjul @ Dec 6 2019, 03:41 PM)
That's true. Provided all things being equal at that dividend being maintained. Right now I see the dividends on a down trend from 10 years back.
then we can discuss the compounding returns, and when I said returns, it includes negative returns as well. Thus you may even have negative returns over the years like properties, or depreciation like cars.

But to talk about 4.85% vs 6.50% is just a folly, as if you can't relate the reducing balance interest (4.85%) vs the compounding returns (6.50%)

QUOTE(beLIEve @ Dec 6 2019, 03:42 PM)
we can talk about anything here.

#define trolling. I've given my example. if you have doubts, look at the amount of money you received for 2017 dividend vs 2018 dividend in your EPF statement.

tell me how it is powerful if the % goes down. i only know it's good if the % doesnt go down over time
When discussing future returns, all parties involved in the discussion must accept a figure for the returns, and these returns do no fluctuate (they will, but for the sake of discussion and calculation, they do not), if you keep on talking about your EPF, do know that the minimum return they need to give is 2%. Why don't you take whatever balance you have now in your EPF and compound it by 2% p.a.
wild_card_my
post Dec 6 2019, 04:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(prophetjul @ Dec 6 2019, 03:58 PM)
4.85% vs 6.5% is a start. It gives an indication of the expected premium  earned. Nothing wrong with that.
Yes, it is a good start because the interest rates dont change too wildly over the years. 6.5% is also a conservative figure compared to the actual return of 7.0% p.a. for ASB last year - i may be proven wrong in a few weeks time when they announce their returns for 2019 investments haha

But the discussion earlier was the center point that irked me. Most non-bumiputras as so invested (in both knowledge and monetarily) in properties, you know how to calculate your returns (rental and capital appreciation), you understand the effects of variable interest rates on your loan balance, including amortization, etc. But a good number simply refuse to understand ASBF

The loan/financing component of ASBF and mortgages are completely the same (reducing balance interest calculation), and the returns in the form of distributions that can be compounded over the years, based on a fixed-original-capital are also easy to understand.

Why tak faham? Simply buat2 tak faham is it? hehehe cool2.gif

Btw, I know plenty of Chinese uncles and aunties that recruited young ASB-eligible dudes to proxy their investments. They understand, why don't you? I am not trying to pick a fight here, but can we please stop it with the "6.5% - 5% = only 1.5% net returns? What is the point?"

This post has been edited by wild_card_my: Dec 6 2019, 04:09 PM
wild_card_my
post Dec 9 2019, 05:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(beLIEve @ Dec 9 2019, 04:55 PM)
ASB lower value than FD woh. Maybe because easy to buy.

ASM123 sure more collateral value
Not sure what ASB1 distribution is going to be.

Not much experience in FD, but isn't it available at all bank branches?
wild_card_my
post Dec 9 2019, 06:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(raptar_eric @ Dec 9 2019, 06:35 PM)
To answer for loan, it is a yes, atleast for my case in Hong Leong Bank. Took a hire purchase loan, provided ASB statement rather than savings, and my loan was approved
Thanks for sharing. I am not into HP (as a business) but looking to get one for personal use in the near future. Was it a one-to-one margin of advance? Do they look into your current commitments?
wild_card_my
post Dec 10 2019, 12:52 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(raptar_eric @ Dec 10 2019, 12:47 AM)
I’m not sure if it’s 1-to-1 as i have only used up approx 30% of my DSR, so its just proof of funds in this case. For personal loan, definitely they do look at commitment, however i believe there might be a different set of calculation for different kind of loans
Understodd, will look into this.

Did you speak with the banker directly or was it through the sales agent? Do you mind sharing the contact of the banker? I may need a HP next year before Raya laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Showing my ASNB balances would be the easiest I think

Btw, for ASBF (which is my forte), it is possible to show RM20k worth of cash and you can get RM200k ASBF for ASB1 and ASB2. The banks consider the cash-in-hand sufficient AUM to roll for the next 12-months repayment, following which you can use the distribution to continue rolling. Not the best investment idea, just sharing that this can be done for ASBF.

The same logic really shouldn't apply to a HP though.
wild_card_my
post Dec 11 2019, 02:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(JustcallmeLarry @ Dec 11 2019, 02:16 PM)
Hi guys 2 questions
1. Has asb already closed all accounts for their year end calculation?
2. Anyone have any idea how much interest we will get in January?
1. ASB closing on the 18th this month

2. I havent heard anything

wild_card_my
post Dec 11 2019, 02:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(JustcallmeLarry @ Dec 11 2019, 02:26 PM)
Thanks bro, also do you recommend to pay the rm200++ for the asb will thing, if anything were to happen to you asb will distribute your money or save the rm200++?
Sure why not. But most of the time people would already have wills here and there. When you sign up for some things, you may not realize, that they force-cross-sell you wills.

There can only be one will in effect, the latest one will superseed the older one.
wild_card_my
post Dec 11 2019, 02:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(JustcallmeLarry @ Dec 11 2019, 02:35 PM)
So how if my father have this asb will and also another written one, will there be problem later on??
Wait there are different implications based on your father's religion. Is he a Muslim or not a Muslim? And I must say ahead of time that I was trained to look into Muslim cases, which involves faraid under the Syariah law.

Also, I am not a lawyer, nothing that I said here should be used as a reference for financial planning. For assistance in financial planning, including but not limited to debt management, risk management, insurance planning, investment planning, education planning, tax planning, retirement planning, and estate planning, consult a qualified and licensed financial planner.
wild_card_my
post Dec 11 2019, 02:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(jas029 @ Dec 11 2019, 02:40 PM)
bro & sis

newbie question here..

whats the difference between buying the units using agent's online portal (Maybank2u, RHB Online Banking, etc) compare with ASNB own website/app?

is it not 'live' or 'real-time' enough if through agent?
It is free when bought through ASNB right? If you buy from agents like M2U they charge you RM1 if I am not mistaken.

MyASNB portal is also quite "live", they even have a timer counter for you to complete the transaction I do not see any reason why you should buy it anywhere but at their own portal
wild_card_my
post Dec 11 2019, 03:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(JustcallmeLarry @ Dec 11 2019, 03:03 PM)
He is  a non Muslim?
Faraid laws do not apply to the non-Muslims. As far as I understand, whatever nominations made to and any instructions made in the will made can be as is - although it can be challenged by any aggrieved party in the court (doesn't mean they can win)

Best that you speak to an estate lawyer laugh.gif I don't dare share my opinions
wild_card_my
post Dec 15 2019, 03:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(popice2u @ Dec 15 2019, 03:11 PM)
cant get asb2 even not max, possible?
Yes.
wild_card_my
post Dec 15 2019, 06:32 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(popice2u @ Dec 15 2019, 04:49 PM)
always thought asb & asb2 one can buy up to rm200k max
Yes, but the funds themselves may have their own limit

Even Bumiputra investors may come across the same problem despite not fulfilling their own personal capping
wild_card_my
post Dec 18 2019, 12:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(ikanbilis @ Dec 18 2019, 12:18 PM)
5000 units ASM3 has been taken up.

Thanks to sikentut for an easy and hassle free transaction
Just checking, the sales are being done through "transfer"?
wild_card_my
post Dec 18 2019, 03:42 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(PrincZe @ Dec 18 2019, 02:43 PM)
sifu wild_card_my any comments?
Lowest in history.

1. This wildly affect those that are "rolling" their distributions since they would have paid more than they are getting back this year. But keep in mind that part of the installments paid is the capital repayment

2. Also affect those that are looking to be cash-positive (RM1k a month x 12 = RM12k) but with only RM11k distribution, it will be cash-flow negative for these investors.

3. When there is a margin between the financing rate vs return, you can expect profitability

4. Compare this situation of 5.5% return and 4.85% financing interest, for a 35-year investment, assuming that these figures remain the same that is.

RM394k total installments paid

RM1,302M total return

wild_card_my
post Dec 19 2019, 09:23 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(TOS @ Dec 19 2019, 08:49 AM)
Quite an interesting Q&A sheet. (For ASB)

http://www.pnb.com.my/pdf/MEDIARELEASE/201...0-%20Public.pdf

One question about dividend payout for all ASx FP funds:

If dividend is calculated from 1st of that month to 30/31 of that month, then why is it that so many people spam for units on the first day of each month, more so on the day of dividend payout?

Is it because the first day of that particular month is also the beginning of calculation for the minimum monthly balance, so everyone wants to get as high as possible a minimum monthly balance?

Thanks for the info. Still learning how to calculate dividend payout from ASNB FP funds at this moment.
1. 1st day is a buffer period for distribution calculation that is based on the monthly-minimum balance. That means if you buy units on the 1st of the month, your minimum balance would include said units. e.g. Your current balance is 0 and you bought 5,000 units on the 1st of December, the minimum balance for December is 5,000. If you had bought your units on the 3rd of December, the minimum balance of that month is 0

2. The 1st of the month is also the first day that investors could redeem their units without losing out on the distribution of the previous month

So it is like a "transaction" date between buyers of the units, and sellers of the units. I am assuming that you are not Bumiputra, so you would need to chase the units, buying whatever was sold.
wild_card_my
post Dec 20 2019, 01:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,562 posts

QUOTE(beLIEve @ Dec 20 2019, 01:14 PM)

I havent seen the video, but did they summarize it as I did?

The ACTUAL NAV/unit is not known, because we do not know the number of units outstanding (in circulation). So when they give our distributions, the NAV drops, but price remains RM1/unit; however, the actual NAV/unit may be ABOVE or BELOW the selling price of RM1/unit

This post has been edited by wild_card_my: Dec 20 2019, 01:27 PM

10 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0260sec    0.30    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:41 PM