Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

53 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Helmet Discussion, Everything about helmet..

views

mADmAN
post Nov 12 2019, 11:23 AM

10k Club
All Stars
10,515 posts

QUOTE(TanJy1814 @ Nov 12 2019, 08:21 AM)
@alexei May I know what does the white scratches on black pain refer to? The outer shell?

Mine givi full face had faded and become white lol. Not sure whether it is due to exposure of sunlight
QUOTE(alexei @ Nov 12 2019, 09:21 AM)
TanJy1814 I think it means if there's any scratches or abrasion that removed the paint on the outershell of the helmet. I have a black Index helmet, very old, and it has not faded, just lost its gloss. Where is your helmet kept mostly? Got petrol fume or something like that that could cause color fade? How old is your GiVi?
not outer shell... the inner EPS liner. EPS itself is white. but they put a black paint over it as a "marker" to be able to identify damages to the liner. example, if the helmet gets an impact powerful enough to dent the EPS, you will see the dent via the white scratches/cracks in the paint.
alexei
post Nov 12 2019, 03:07 PM

Biker Mice from Mars
1,709 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Nov 12 2019, 11:23 AM)
not outer shell... the inner EPS liner. EPS itself is white. but they put a black paint over it as a "marker" to be able to identify damages to the liner. example, if the helmet gets an impact powerful enough to dent the EPS, you will see the dent via the white scratches/cracks in the paint.
Yes, now that makes more sense. Thanks.

https://helmets.org/up1505a.htm
Found the link above saying old bicycle helmets were tested and the EPS conformed to original qualifications.

For motorcycle helmets, I think it boils down to luck, again. And the odds stack against us as a helmet ages, just like anything.

All in all, I'll keep using my old helmets lah, but inspect it more frequently. Recently I've been using fabric shampoo/foam to clean my helmet liners. Hope that doesn't degrade the helmet lah.

This post has been edited by alexei: Nov 12 2019, 03:09 PM
mADmAN
post Nov 12 2019, 03:24 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,515 posts

QUOTE(alexei @ Nov 12 2019, 03:07 PM)
All in all, I'll keep using my old helmets lah, but inspect it more frequently. Recently I've been using fabric shampoo/foam to clean my helmet liners. Hope that doesn't degrade the helmet lah.
ur liner removable? if u wanna make sure they are fine and concerned...use johnsons baby shampoo.. baby shampoo is somewhat recommended especially if ur liners are not removable.

for me... all my liners are removable.. and i just shove them in a laundry bag and into the coin laundry washing machine and dryer along with the rest of my laundry... use normal laundry detergent mixed with some dettol and no softener.

been doing it for years... they come out real nice n fluffy n feel really nice once installed back to the helmet
TSbasilisk
post Nov 12 2019, 03:32 PM

30 posts

helmet liner/ sponge will kempis very fast, everyday usage, bout 2year will c d effect, branded helmet part is not cheap oh..
alexei
post Nov 12 2019, 03:43 PM

Biker Mice from Mars
1,709 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Nov 12 2019, 03:24 PM)
ur liner removable? if u wanna make sure they are fine and concerned...use johnsons baby shampoo.. baby shampoo is somewhat recommended especially if ur liners are not removable.

for me... all my liners are removable.. and i just shove them in a laundry bag and into the coin laundry washing machine and dryer along with the rest of my laundry... use normal laundry detergent mixed with some dettol and no softener.

been doing it for years... they come out real nice n fluffy n feel really nice once installed back to the helmet
Before this use Index, not removable. Would weigh down and sink the whole thing in a pail overnight with Dettol bleach dynamo concoction and dry it.

Had an LS2 FF, sold it before I need to clean it. That time it's only 200 a piece for top of the line.

Just recently got the GXT open face with removable liners and still new.

Now surveying and noticed some used Shoei for 5~800, year made 2009~2013.
Or considering a new i70 or IS Max2 for 800+.
ThE DaReDeViL
post Nov 12 2019, 04:03 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(Nightstalker1993 @ Nov 12 2019, 11:09 AM)
How much did that helmet costed you?

Time to upgrade, I think an LS2 also should be better than what you describe
Bought it for RM168 from Shower around 5 months back... I am looking for upgrade too due to what I have mentioned... To be honest, I don't have much experience with helmets... I might be wrong, but this give me a very cheapo feel personally... Would prefer to save up a bit for more expensive one now... Currently eyeing on Shark Evo One 2... But might need some time to save, meanwhile bear with the cheapo one 1st... sweat.gif
TSbasilisk
post Nov 12 2019, 04:12 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(ThE DaReDeViL @ Nov 12 2019, 04:03 PM)
Bought it for RM168 from Shower around 5 months back... I am looking for upgrade too due to what I have mentioned... To be honest, I don't have much experience with helmets... I might be wrong, but this give me a very cheapo feel personally... Would prefer to save up a bit for more expensive one now... Currently eyeing on Shark Evo One 2... But might need some time to save, meanwhile bear with the cheapo one 1st...  sweat.gif
y shark evo one2? cause the flipup chin bar?
ThE DaReDeViL
post Nov 12 2019, 04:27 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ Nov 12 2019, 04:12 PM)
y shark evo one2? cause the flipup chin bar?
Ya bro, haha... I find it quite hard for me to wear on a fullface, so going for modular... Saw few brands have something familiar, but Shark already have few models, so I reckon they might have more experience and refine their products?
alexei
post Nov 12 2019, 04:33 PM

Biker Mice from Mars
1,709 posts

GXT modular looks like an open face helmet with a make shift chin bar. I saved some money and went for the open face. The visor on GXT open face is better than most, and copies the Shoei Jet one IINM.

It's snug on the cheek and forehead and tight on the jaw.
Noisy, but improves with the face shield closed.
Still a lot of wind noise I guess from the low quality liner used.
Tinted visor is good optical quality.
Paid 60 for it, no complain la.

For a next level, I'd definitely say a decent full face. Other than weight, safety rating etc, additional considerations for me, would include availability of Iridium visors, and affordability of fresh liners. Like previously mentioned, these parts can cost a helmet.

I think the chin bar of the One2 is removable?

This post has been edited by alexei: Nov 12 2019, 04:34 PM
mADmAN
post Nov 12 2019, 04:44 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,515 posts

QUOTE(ThE DaReDeViL @ Nov 12 2019, 04:27 PM)
Ya bro, haha... I find it quite hard for me to wear on a fullface, so going for modular... Saw few brands have something familiar, but Shark already have few models, so I reckon they might have more experience and refine their products?
modulars can be heavy.. so make sure u get something with lighter weight....

my modular is 1700g for a medium... berat man.

LSH having sales now for their Lazer MH5 modular... Large is 1550g. tempting...
ThE DaReDeViL
post Nov 12 2019, 05:06 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Nov 12 2019, 04:44 PM)
modulars can be heavy.. so make sure u get something with lighter weight....

my modular is 1700g for a medium... berat man.

Mine is spec at 1.7kg, but I never weighted it myself la... Have tried 3hours journey on it, still feeling ok for me... Anyway, I'm a big size guy so might not have too much trouble with weights... Currently wish to get a flip back type la... Flip up catches a lot of wind when opened coz sometimes not using highway would like to use as open face...
mADmAN
post Nov 12 2019, 05:18 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,515 posts

QUOTE(ThE DaReDeViL @ Nov 12 2019, 05:06 PM)
Mine is spec at 1.7kg, but I never weighted it myself la... Have tried 3hours journey on it, still feeling ok for me... Anyway, I'm a big size guy so might not have too much trouble with weights... Currently wish to get a flip back type la... Flip up catches a lot of wind when opened coz sometimes not using highway would like to use as open face...
fooh... i tabole tahan on my naked at high speeds.

n my modular is more for touring so not so aerodynamic for nakeds and gets pushed back at high speeds causing my neck to ache.

these days i only use it for commuting to work..which is about 20-30 mins ride only heh heh heh
ThE DaReDeViL
post Nov 12 2019, 05:43 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Nov 12 2019, 05:18 PM)
fooh... i tabole tahan on my naked at high speeds.

n my modular is more for touring so not so aerodynamic for nakeds and gets pushed back at high speeds causing my neck to ache.

these days i only use it for commuting to work..which is about 20-30 mins ride only heh heh heh
Ur z9 highspeed too high I think, haha... Mine if head tilt slightly downwards feel not too bad... Changed the wind pushing downwards to chin instead of backwards...
Nightstalker1993
post Nov 12 2019, 11:35 PM

M� �R�|�
8,922 posts

QUOTE(ThE DaReDeViL @ Nov 12 2019, 04:03 PM)
Bought it for RM168 from Shower around 5 months back... I am looking for upgrade too due to what I have mentioned... To be honest, I don't have much experience with helmets... I might be wrong, but this give me a very cheapo feel personally... Would prefer to save up a bit for more expensive one now... Currently eyeing on Shark Evo One 2... But might need some time to save, meanwhile bear with the cheapo one 1st...  sweat.gif
Yeah I guess you can look at the LS2, Givi maybe. Caberg also can try search around, gets 5 stars and costs less than 1k, though it is kinda hard to come by.
blackbox14
post Nov 12 2019, 11:51 PM

Getting Started
166 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Nov 12 2019, 04:44 PM)
My CS-15 also 1600 g for biggest shell size...damn. Previously my Scorpion EXO 510 was 1750.

Talking about weight, when I tried some of the helmets on offer at Moto GP, it felt like I wasn't even wearing a helmet. The RPHA 10 at that time only 1360g. There was also the LS2 CT 2 carbon at 1200+ g. Sadly no budget and couldn't find the right fit...

This post has been edited by blackbox14: Nov 12 2019, 11:53 PM
TSbasilisk
post Nov 13 2019, 02:06 AM

30 posts

QUOTE(ThE DaReDeViL @ Nov 12 2019, 04:27 PM)
flip to the back helmet only recently have just a few brand producing it, ( refer to my earlier post )

u can easily check them out in klang valley, except roof and airoh.

I only know just now after checking shark msia fb, the model evoline 3 i think is being discontinued in the EU.

local distributor winmaster gave 50% discount for all evoline 3 helmets, price is RM760 only ( offer starts july )

The evoline 3 have 5 stars Sharp rating, vs 4 stars for evo one2.

the helmet is really solid with thick paddings, finishing is really good, but very heavy, XL can be over 1.9kg if not mistaken.

user posted image
ThE DaReDeViL
post Nov 13 2019, 09:15 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ Nov 13 2019, 02:06 AM)
flip to the back helmet only recently have just a few brand producing it, ( refer to my earlier post )

u can easily check them out in klang valley, except roof and airoh.

I only know just now after checking shark msia fb, the model evoline 3 i think is being discontinued in the EU.

local distributor winmaster gave 50% discount for all evoline 3 helmets, price is RM760 only ( offer starts july )

The evoline 3 have 5 stars Sharp rating, vs 4 stars for evo one2.

the helmet is really solid with thick paddings, finishing is really good, but very heavy, XL can be over 1.9kg if not mistaken.

user posted image
Yea, saw the ads regarding the new pricing. But unfortunately watched the review side by side stated there's so much to love for the one2 compared to evoline 3... I'm not regularly changing helmet, so I think prefer to save for the better one... Anyway, who knows if my hands might itch before I saved enough and end up with evoline 3... Haha... hmm.gif Anyway, I thinks it is really a great bargain after price dropped... thumbup.gif
Kaboku
post Nov 13 2019, 09:42 AM

8 posts

QUOTE(alexei @ Nov 12 2019, 03:43 PM)
Before this use Index, not removable. Would weigh down and sink the whole thing in a pail overnight with Dettol bleach dynamo concoction and dry it.

Had an LS2 FF, sold it before I need to clean it. That time it's only 200 a piece for top of the line.

Just recently got the GXT open face with removable liners and still new.

Now surveying and noticed some used Shoei for 5~800, year made 2009~2013.
Or considering a new i70 or IS Max2 for 800+.
I got the IS-Max 2 and highly recommend it. I got it for ~RM 690 inclusive of postage but limited colors and designs
hong3831
post Nov 13 2019, 10:10 AM

Casual
314 posts

QUOTE(Kaboku @ Nov 13 2019, 09:42 AM)
I got the IS-Max 2 and highly recommend it. I got it for ~RM 690 inclusive of postage but limited colors and designs
You bought online? Wonder if all HJC model size are same. I wearing CS15 XL, just fit. Abit scare to buy online, coz when come to LS2, I need to wear XXL...
mADmAN
post Nov 13 2019, 11:06 AM

10k Club
All Stars
10,515 posts

oh yeah... wanna try my luck...

anyone knows anywhere that sells AFX Helmets parts? I just need parts, not the whole helmet.

53 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0135sec    0.31    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:40 AM