Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

53 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Helmet Discussion, Everything about helmet..

views

TSbasilisk
post Nov 8 2019, 12:13 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Nov 8 2019, 12:03 PM)
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

the picture of the helmet they use oso is double d hahahahhaha
but its stated there micrometric...

so bluff punya??
mADmAN
post Nov 8 2019, 12:29 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,515 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ Nov 8 2019, 12:13 PM)
but its stated there micrometric...

so bluff punya??
u can see the double d on the lower right pic.... i guess its just a template thing for the pic
TSbasilisk
post Nov 8 2019, 01:02 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(mADmAN @ Nov 8 2019, 12:29 PM)
u can see the double d on the lower right pic.... i guess its just a template thing for the pic
i din look closely jz now.
well tht givi oredi meet ur req.. dont hv to spend more time searching...

alexei
post Nov 8 2019, 01:42 PM

Biker Mice from Mars
1,709 posts

mADmAN
GXT 703 or GXT 708 - checks all your requirements.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GXT-708-Motorcycle...s-/113787622488
- double visor
- removable n washable liner
- micrometric strap
- good ventilation
- below RM300

A few KYT models, Gracshaw, Grayfosh stuff and these are encroaching RM300.
LS2 Twister II OF573
LS2 Track OF569

This post has been edited by alexei: Nov 8 2019, 01:47 PM
TSbasilisk
post Nov 8 2019, 01:56 PM

30 posts

import frm chaina , he dowan la. .
alexei
post Nov 8 2019, 02:44 PM

Biker Mice from Mars
1,709 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ Nov 8 2019, 01:56 PM)
import frm chaina , he dowan la. .
Givi mana buat? Curious, I really dunno.
TSbasilisk
post Nov 8 2019, 02:51 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(alexei @ Nov 8 2019, 02:44 PM)
Givi mana buat? Curious, I really dunno.
alot frm chaina.. even the well known eu brand.

but can check the helmet @ shop instead of buying frm ebay...
mADmAN
post Nov 8 2019, 04:55 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,515 posts

Dun wanna self import.... U do know impirting helmets require AP right? So wan something available locally n street legal aka must have sirim or ece

Might just gi for givi... But wanna see alternatives oso coz i quite like the sharp visor style n givi doesnt have that
alexei
post Nov 8 2019, 04:56 PM

Biker Mice from Mars
1,709 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ Nov 8 2019, 02:51 PM)
alot frm chaina.. even the well known eu brand.

but can check the helmet @ shop instead of buying frm ebay...
AFAIK, AGV, Caberg and Nolan are Italian.

Shoei Arai Japanese.
HJC Korea?

LS2, MHR, Grayfosh, KYT, Gracshaw etc... China
That GXT, definitely China.
ThE DaReDeViL
post Nov 8 2019, 06:29 PM

2 posts

Just telling, I'm using GXT flip up now. I wouldn't really recommend it... Sponge very thin, inner lining keep coming out (I need to stitch it coz it pop up every time I remove helmet), the chin not lock tight enough, the wind noise very strong + whistle sound (60kmh start noisy already), rain leak into inner visor... Overall, it feels very poor built... Anyway, that's just my experience and on flip up model only. Others no opinion.
alexei
post Nov 8 2019, 08:15 PM

Biker Mice from Mars
1,709 posts

Check this out, hopefully it convinces more people to go full face:
https://newatlas.com/icon-airframe-statistic-helmet/31792/

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/wp-content/...42914middle.jpg
TSbasilisk
post Nov 11 2019, 02:23 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(alexei @ Nov 8 2019, 04:56 PM)
AFAIK, AGV, Caberg and Nolan are Italian.

Shoei Arai Japanese.
HJC Korea?

LS2, MHR, Grayfosh, KYT, Gracshaw etc... China
That GXT, definitely China.
nowadays many models are 'internationally made'
they did not specify where it is made..

for eg caberg yeah italian brand.. the full carbon model can sell @ rm1399 here.. izit made in italy...? caberg did not say/claim so.
alexei
post Nov 11 2019, 10:50 PM

Biker Mice from Mars
1,709 posts

How many of you change helmets after 5 years from the manufacturing date? My GXT has unknown date, so let's not count that. Neither does my Index. :troll: Feels sayang to throw away a 5 years old but good looking Shoei X12, right?
TSbasilisk
post Nov 11 2019, 11:50 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(alexei @ Nov 11 2019, 10:50 PM)
How many of you change helmets after 5 years from the manufacturing date? My GXT has unknown date, so let's not count that. Neither does my Index. :troll: Feels sayang to throw away a 5 years old but good looking Shoei X12, right?
can you find a real serious warning frm any reputable helmet maker that says that helmet should be changed after 5years.
i mean a real serious warning/disclaimer.

what if rider only wear 2 times a month, compare to rider wears everyday.

their helmet starts deteriorating once placed on the head?
or out frm factory?
what about helmet tht was on display for over a year... ??

all these have not been really studied...?
alexei
post Nov 12 2019, 02:32 AM

Biker Mice from Mars
1,709 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ Nov 11 2019, 11:50 PM)
can you find a real serious warning frm any reputable helmet maker that says that helmet should be changed after 5years.
i mean a real serious warning/disclaimer.

what if rider only wear 2 times a month, compare to rider wears everyday.

their helmet starts deteriorating once placed on the head?
or out frm factory?
what about helmet tht was on display for over a year... ??

all these have not been really studied...?
Seems you've not tried looking.
I think some of these sounds serious enough to absolve the manufacturers of any claims.

Shoei: Helmet Replacement
Ultimately, the useful service life of a safety helmet is dependent on the intensity and frequency of its use. Helmet replacement is recommended even if only one of the under-mentioned points applies:
1. The helmet was subjected to an impact.
2. The comfort padding or the retention system has become loose due to heavy use or display signs of deterioration. Test: with the retention system fastened, the helmet turns to the side when you gently shake your head.
3. The EPS liner has come away from the helmet shell.
4. The EPS liner shows signs of wear and is beginning to break up, or if it has been exposed to heat or a solvent and has melted. There are indentations in the EPS liner and/or white scratches can be seen on surfaces with black paint.
5. Even if none of these is applied, we, SHOEI, recommend replacement in 5 years after it's first purchased at retail.
source: https://www.shoei-helmets.com/helmet-maintenance/

Arai: How do I know when my helmet is past its best?
Arai helmets are handmade to the highest possible standard, and although after many years the outside shell can look as good as new, it’s the EPS polystyrene liner that loses its ability to absorb impact over time.
Arai recommend replacing your helmet 7 years after date of manufacture and 5 years after date of purchase to maintain the maximum levels of protection.
The EPS liner is effectively the shock absorber of your helmet, absorbing the force of an impact onto the shell. This is done by the cells in the poly styrene being expanded (EPS = Expanded Polystyrene) and filled with air to absorb impacts. Over time, even when not in use, these liners lose their air pockets incrementally, after 7 years, dropping the shock absorbing ability of the liner below Arai’s safety standards. This is why we declare the helmet due for replacement so it can properly protect you against impacts.
source: https://support.whyarai.com/support/solutio...-past-its-best-

Caberg:
Is the production date visible on the helmet?
Researches have shown no evidence of degradation of the materials (used in the helmets manufacture) due to the mere effect of the times passing by. Nevertheless the exposure to the atmosphere agents (extreme hot and extreme cold), and the contacts with the vapors of the lubricants and gasoline normally used in the motor bikers environment may influence the molecular links of the materials used. Moreover, because of its own nature, the helmet often undergo to shocks of different amplitude that could limit its performances. For all these reasons and for the abuse to the comfort padding and for the technical evolution that make more modern and protective lids available, it is suggested to replace the helmet after 5 years of use. In case of intensive use this delay should be shortened accordingly. If a helmet supports a severe blow, even if there is no evidence of damage, it should be replaced.
source: https://www.caberg.it/en/faq/
TSbasilisk
post Nov 12 2019, 07:58 AM

30 posts

QUOTE(alexei @ Nov 12 2019, 02:32 AM)
I think some of these sounds serious enough to absolve the manufacturers of any claims.
thank you very much :thumbsup:

yes i did not look (yet) tongue.gif

i have seen (shoei) dealers mention about it in fb.
i dont really trust the manufacturers, they sound like wana sell more helmets.

they did not put these warning out on their webpage for visitors to see it easily, instead hid it in faq where most wont bother to check.

arai n caberg sounds abit more honest.

arai- 7 years frm manufacture - so buyer can ask for more discount frm dealer for helmets tht sit for years on display shelf. bcos of price most arai helmet dont sell of fast ...

caberg- no evidence of deterioration.
of course the padding we can see will deteriorate and will hv to change it ...

This post has been edited by basilisk: Nov 12 2019, 08:00 AM
TanJy1814
post Nov 12 2019, 08:21 AM

24 posts

QUOTE(alexei @ Nov 12 2019, 02:32 AM)
@alexei May I know what does the white scratches on black pain refer to? The outer shell?

Mine givi full face had faded and become white lol. Not sure whether it is due to exposure of sunlight
TSbasilisk
post Nov 12 2019, 08:25 AM

30 posts

QUOTE(TanJy1814 @ Nov 12 2019, 08:21 AM)
@alexei May I know what does the white scratches on black pain refer to? The outer shell?

Mine givi full face had faded and become white lol. Not sure whether it is due to exposure of sunlight
show photo, so can see..
alexei
post Nov 12 2019, 09:21 AM

Biker Mice from Mars
1,709 posts

basiliskyeah, i thought the same, as they wanna sell more helmets, until I looked it up.

Some say materials deteriorate, some say they don't. The question is, a 5 years old helmet new in box, how to calculate for non-Arai helmets. Means will use 5 more years, until 10 years from mfg date then replace liao. EPS are, polystyrene, the thing that supposed not to degrade over many2 years, right? Among other things like glue, duct tape, electrical tape or whatever things they may use.

TanJy1814 I think it means if there's any scratches or abrasion that removed the paint on the outershell of the helmet. I have a black Index helmet, very old, and it has not faded, just lost its gloss. Where is your helmet kept mostly? Got petrol fume or something like that that could cause color fade? How old is your GiVi?

Here's a read I came across: some facts, arguments, and how to sensibly up-cycle our helmets.
https://www.eagleleather.com/Helmet-Fact-vs...Replace%3F-643/

This post has been edited by alexei: Nov 12 2019, 09:24 AM
Nightstalker1993
post Nov 12 2019, 11:09 AM

M� �R�|�
8,922 posts

QUOTE(ThE DaReDeViL @ Nov 8 2019, 06:29 PM)
Just telling, I'm using GXT flip up now. I wouldn't really recommend it... Sponge very thin, inner lining keep coming out (I need to stitch it coz it pop up every time I remove helmet), the chin not lock tight enough, the wind noise very strong + whistle sound (60kmh start noisy already),  rain leak into inner visor... Overall, it feels very poor built... Anyway, that's just my experience and on flip up model only. Others no opinion.
How much did that helmet costed you?

Time to upgrade, I think an LS2 also should be better than what you describe

53 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0137sec    0.42    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:34 AM