Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Digital TV Malaysia v2, Malaysian Digital Terrestrial TV

views

nexona88
post Mar 20 2024, 03:05 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,806 posts

QUOTE(DValentine @ Mar 20 2024, 09:32 AM)
this is some green camp tv

day day tarnish government whistling.gif  whistling.gif
No comments on that part...

What I know

Their reporting style is like the old days TV3...

Probably because many current staffs & people behind the Awesome TV is from there???

No wonder...
All those old content from TV3 are rebroadcast in Awesome TV platform.... Especially the dramas & shows....
SUSDValentine
post Mar 20 2024, 03:07 PM

On my way
684 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Mar 20 2024, 03:05 PM)

What I know

Probably because many current staffs & people behind the Awesome TV is from there???

No wonder...
All those old content from TV3 are rebroadcast in Awesome TV platform.... Especially the dramas & shows....
Former Media Prima Television Network CEO Johan Ishak has joined Awesome Media Network (Awesome TV) as managing director. In his new role, Johan will be responsible for the overall operations of Awesome TV and strengthening its core business of providing high quality fresh content, in-line with the company’s long -term strategy and goal for the channel. The appointment is part of its plans to ensure a smooth process and all systems go once the channel officially goes on air.

GamersFamilia
post Mar 22 2024, 04:36 PM

Videogames Enthusiast , An Avid Gamer and Videogames Collector
All Stars
13,071 posts

QUOTE(DValentine @ Mar 20 2024, 03:07 PM)

no wonder they just like tv3 nod.gif
GamersFamilia
post Mar 22 2024, 04:38 PM

All Stars
13,071 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Mar 20 2024, 03:05 PM)

What I know

No wonder...
i do noticed that too , no wonder due to the ceo from ex media prima

This post has been edited by GamersFamilia: Mar 22 2024, 04:39 PM
nexona88
post Mar 22 2024, 05:34 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,806 posts

QUOTE(GamersFamilia @ Mar 22 2024, 04:36 PM)
no wonder they just like tv3  nod.gif
QUOTE(GamersFamilia @ Mar 22 2024, 04:38 PM)
i do noticed that too , no wonder due to the ceo from ex media prima
New TV company like awesome need people with relevant experience & know how....
GamersFamilia
post Mar 23 2024, 09:48 AM

All Stars
13,071 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Mar 22 2024, 05:34 PM)
New TV company like awesome need people with relevant experience & know how....
yes
surrodox2001
post Mar 24 2024, 01:06 AM

Getting Started
240 posts

Some observations when i'm testing some headphones...

The sg fm stations (at least the mediacorp ones) decided to turn on rds radio text on their fms...

But it's only used for put the full name from what i see... No now playing data here...

Interesting that Anyone would do something with FM in 2024...

user posted image

user posted image

Here's some detail for those interested... PTY still #9 even for talk, PS missing a letter for some reason on the decoder, normal on my phone, interesting data on the end of radiotext here...

I remember Fly fm got radio text test #1, #2, #3 when it got received here, I wonder what other stations broadcast on their FMs, can't receive much here...
shaun_kok
post Mar 24 2024, 05:57 AM

Enthusiast
909 posts

QUOTE(surrodox2001 @ Mar 24 2024, 01:06 AM)
Some observations when i'm testing some headphones...

The sg fm stations (at least the mediacorp ones) decided to turn on rds radio text on their fms...

But it's only used for put the full name from what i see... No now playing data here...

Interesting that Anyone would do something with FM in 2024...

user posted image

user posted image

Here's some detail for those interested... PTY still #9 even for talk, PS missing a letter for some reason on the decoder, normal on my phone, interesting data on the end of radiotext here...

I remember Fly fm got radio text test #1, #2, #3 when it got received here, I wonder what other stations broadcast on their FMs, can't receive much here...
I think the RTM stations (in JB) have generic RDS radio text - that has been the same over the years. Certain radio stations also broadcast radio text too (although generic). In the past Symphony 924 had also experimenting transmitting music info, but have since no longer broadcast.

Astro Radio's RDS was for some reason, disabled in Gunung Pulai. When it is available, it broadcasts just radio text (example : HITZ____, MY______).

I don't know if they broadcast programme PTY or not.

A huge problem for Melody, because in JB there are 2 frequencies, and 98.4FM doesn't give best listening results in Central JB to protect 987 in Singapore. When XFM (the frequency's former user) first started in JB, they was using 103.3 FM initially covering Central Johor Bahru and 98.4FM was added later (frequency usage has already become so full in Southern Johor back then in 2000s that no more stations can be broadcast in Gunung Pulai due to that - Bernama Radio was able to be added on Gunung Pulai only because 107.5 FM RTM FMJB was closed from RTM Johor in 2010/11!)

Once you move away from central JB, the reception of 103.3 FM becomes weak that it will automatically switched to 98.4FM/103.3 FM replaced entirely by Minnal FM's Melaka/North Johor frequency. It is no longer possible at the moment because 98.4FM failed to carry RDS data.

This is applicable for 988 too. Hot FM had get away for not transmitting RDS for many years until they fixed that during the major rebrand of Media Prima Audio. RDS is so broken, at least for the implementation in Malaysia.

In fact RDS feature is so essential in Malaysia because all the main radio stations broadcast in multiple frequencies and it is necessary to change frequencies when you move from one state to another state. It is dangerous to change frequencies while driving on the move and by not transmitting RDS, you potentially will lose listeners because they changed to other radio stations when the current radio transmitter is out of range! It is awkward that some car radios in Malaysia (mainly Perodua) doesn't even support RDS! RDS support should be mandated here on ALL FM transmitters and ALL cars that include FM that sold in Malaysia.

FM is here to stay as there are no equivalent digital terrestrial broadcast system just yet (in Malaysia/Singapore). Singapore even switched off DAB broadcast back in 2011 citing low adoption. Internet streaming or listening via DVB-T/satellite are simply no match to terrestrial radio broadcast systems during emergencies.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

This post has been edited by shaun_kok: Mar 24 2024, 06:15 AM
surrodox2001
post Mar 24 2024, 03:01 PM

Getting Started
240 posts

QUOTE(shaun_kok @ Mar 24 2024, 05:57 AM)
This is applicable for 988 too. Hot FM had get away for not transmitting RDS for many years until they fixed that during the major rebrand of Media Prima Audio. RDS is so broken, at least for the implementation in Malaysia.

In fact RDS feature is so essential in Malaysia because all the main radio stations broadcast in multiple frequencies and it is necessary to change frequencies when you move from one state to another state. It is dangerous to change frequencies while driving on the move and by not transmitting RDS, you potentially will lose listeners because they changed to other radio stations when the current radio transmitter is out of range! It is awkward that some car radios in Malaysia (mainly Perodua) doesn't even support RDS! RDS support should be mandated here on ALL FM transmitters and ALL cars that include FM that sold in Malaysia.

FM is here to stay as there are no equivalent digital terrestrial broadcast system just yet (in Malaysia/Singapore). Singapore even switched off DAB broadcast back in 2011 citing low adoption. Internet streaming or listening via DVB-T/satellite are simply no match to terrestrial radio broadcast systems during emergencies.

Can confirm that, rds isn't implemented too well here... Hence the test text on fly fm last time i see. Auto frequency shift (AF) in rds would be very useful here when driving interstate, but they don't implement here unfortunately, not helped by not many radios has the feature built in (mainly conti stock radios have rds, cheaper cars/android car radios may not have that)...

We probably can't see much more developments on rds in the future, all bets are on online listening (on smart car radios/phones on car stands)...

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0168sec    0.15    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:16 AM