Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Who's best? Carsome? MyTukar? Carlistbid?, Selling Cars

views

TSBritishTutor
post Aug 29 2019, 06:14 AM, updated 5y ago

13 posts

I've read a few threads but nobody seems to have made any comparison - Has anyone actually used Carsome, MyTukar or Carlistbid to sell their car?

I have to sell mine quickly soon when I leave Malaysia - of course not expecting retail price - but has anyone used any of these? Or others? Was anyone surprised as to how high - or low - their selling price was?

If you've used them - maybe you'd share hints and tips - and your success or failures?

PrinceJoe
post Aug 29 2019, 06:18 AM

Casual
396 posts

I have used carsome.
Good service. Fast transaction.

TSBritishTutor
post Aug 29 2019, 06:20 AM

13 posts

QUOTE(PrinceJoe @ Aug 29 2019, 06:18 AM)
I have used carsome.
Good service. Fast transaction.
Thanks for replying = did you get a price you expected?
budang
post Aug 29 2019, 01:51 PM

Enthusiast
960 posts

I sold my previous ride, a 2011 lagi best myvi 1.3 Auto to carsome for 18.8k, which in my opinion is fairly reasonable considering the ease of transaction.

A tip is you can take your car to their competitor and get it valued, and tell the next competitor how much your car was valued and see if they can mark it up.

For my case, after the inspector at carsome offered me 16k, I asked him why so low since MUV (their main competitor) able to offer me 19k. After some negotiation, he offered me 18.8k. Matter of fact is I did not even get my car valued at MUV biggrin.gif
TSBritishTutor
post Aug 29 2019, 02:38 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(budang @ Aug 29 2019, 01:51 PM)
I sold my previous ride, a 2011 lagi best myvi 1.3 Auto to carsome for 18.8k, which in my opinion is fairly reasonable considering the ease of transaction.

A tip is you can take your car to their competitor and get it valued, and tell the next competitor how much your car was valued and see if they can mark it up.

For my case, after the inspector at carsome offered me 16k, I asked him why so low since MUV (their main competitor) able to offer me 19k. After some negotiation, he offered me 18.8k. Matter of fact is I did not even get my car valued at MUV biggrin.gif
That’s a very very good idea πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Fat & Fluffy
post Aug 29 2019, 03:22 PM

Casual
397 posts

are you referring to 2nd hand car dealer or classified platform?
6UE5T
post Aug 29 2019, 03:48 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(BritishTutor @ Aug 29 2019, 06:14 AM)
I've read a few threads but nobody seems to have made any comparison - Has anyone actually used Carsome, MyTukar or Carlistbid to sell their car?

I have to sell mine quickly soon when I leave Malaysia - of course not expecting retail price - but has anyone used any of these? Or others? Was anyone surprised as to how high - or low - their selling price was?

If you've used them - maybe you'd share hints and tips - and your success or failures?
Tried testing the waters with Carsome last year and they gave me low-ball shitty price so then I just forget about them. Not sure about the others. Anyway I have sold one car just thru Mudah, not using any of those services.
TSBritishTutor
post Aug 29 2019, 11:26 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Aug 29 2019, 03:48 PM)
Tried testing the waters with Carsome last year and they gave me low-ball shitty price so then I just forget about them. Not sure about the others. Anyway I have sold one car just thru Mudah, not using any of those services.
In normal circumstances you're right - this is the thing to do - but as I'm leaving Malaysia - I need a car as late as possible - and then to sell it hassle free and quickly - so I do expect to sell it for less than retail price - but trying to work out which of these 'Sell you car to us in 24 hours or less' outfits are the best. Was it much of a difference percentage wise between what they offered you and what others were being sold for in the dealers? 30 percent less? or more?
TSBritishTutor
post Aug 29 2019, 11:26 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(Fat & Fluffy @ Aug 29 2019, 03:22 PM)
are you referring to 2nd hand car dealer or classified platform?
The ones where you sell the car quickly with no fuss.... So you take a hit obviously on the price - but the process is supposed to be fast and easy....
6UE5T
post Aug 29 2019, 11:40 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(BritishTutor @ Aug 29 2019, 11:26 PM)
In normal circumstances you're right - this is the thing to do - but as I'm leaving Malaysia - I need a car as late as possible - and then to sell it hassle free and quickly - so I do expect to sell it for less than retail price - but trying to work out which of these 'Sell you car to us in 24 hours or less' outfits are the best. Was it much of a difference percentage wise between what they offered you and what others were being sold for in the dealers? 30 percent less? or more?
More, it was like 50% cheaper! Lol It was so low balling that it's like a joke! I immediately laughed at them on the phone then just said ok bye and shut the phone. Lol.
TSBritishTutor
post Aug 30 2019, 12:18 AM

13 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Aug 29 2019, 11:40 PM)
More, it was like 50% cheaper! Lol It was so low balling that it's like a joke! I immediately laughed at them on the phone then just said ok bye and shut the phone. Lol.
That's my worry tongue.gif
jameslow
post Aug 30 2019, 07:26 AM

Getting Started
285 posts

I tried MyTukar, they placed my car in to the online auction after the inspection, the outcome is not so satisfied but much more than used car dealer.

The good thing is you can just test water, not necessary to accept the offer if below your desire.

All these car bid centers are belongs to used car dealers also, if you opt for sellout without entering bid system, they will offer you a price, most of time will low ball you, like how Carsome offer me 30% below market price.

You can test it once, and check out what is the time frame after the inspection, normally 2 weeks after inspection must place to the auction, so you can plan your journey.
SUSAllnGap
post Aug 30 2019, 08:26 AM

[ Modding with Passion(tm) ]
4,561 posts

QUOTE(jameslow @ Aug 30 2019, 07:26 AM)
I tried MyTukar, they placed my car in to the online auction after the inspection, the outcome is not so satisfied but much more than used car dealer.

The good thing is you can just test water, not necessary to accept the offer if below your desire.

All these car bid centers are belongs to used car dealers also, if you opt for sellout without entering bid system, they will offer you a price, most of time will low ball you, like how Carsome offer me 30% below market price.

You can test it once, and check out what is the time frame after the inspection, normally 2 weeks after inspection must place to the auction, so you can plan your journey.
30% is normal because they clear everything upfront and had to hold on to the cars for sometimes. Cars are depreciating asset so got to have bigger leeway in case get stuck in inventory for more than 2years.

I wonder can join bidding at Carsome or not. Buy for personal use
aeiou228
post Aug 30 2019, 08:40 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,831 posts

QUOTE(BritishTutor @ Aug 29 2019, 11:26 PM)
I would suggest sell the car earlier at market price and use the extra gain over quick sell for e-hailing or go-car. + piece of mind.
6UE5T
post Aug 30 2019, 10:47 AM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(aeiou228 @ Aug 30 2019, 08:40 AM)
I would suggest sell the car earlier at market price and use the extra gain over quick sell for e-hailing or go-car. + piece of mind.
Agree with this.
mingyuyu
post Aug 30 2019, 05:11 PM

B A N N E D
Group Icon
Elite
3,248 posts

What car though? If you don't mind telling
TSBritishTutor
post Aug 30 2019, 10:41 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(mingyuyu @ Aug 30 2019, 05:11 PM)
What car though? If you don't mind telling
A car nobody wants tongue.gif
mingyuyu
post Aug 30 2019, 11:00 PM

B A N N E D
Group Icon
Elite
3,248 posts

QUOTE(BritishTutor @ Aug 30 2019, 10:41 PM)
A car nobody wants tongue.gif
French or German or Malaysian?
TSBritishTutor
post Aug 31 2019, 01:36 AM

13 posts

QUOTE(mingyuyu @ Aug 30 2019, 11:00 PM)
French or German or Malaysian?
Swedish smile.gif
6UE5T
post Aug 31 2019, 01:43 AM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(BritishTutor @ Aug 31 2019, 01:36 AM)
Swedish smile.gif
Oh a Volvo. Then maybe not much difference anymore coz the RV already rock bottom anyway!

14 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0155sec    0.23    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:12 PM