Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Genuine question: Do you really need an Antivirus?

views

noisygirlkk P
post Dec 18 2019, 07:17 PM

Probation
9 posts

Yes for sure but Windows defender is just enough. No need to go for Norton, kaspersky etc etc specially for a paid version. They are useful but do slow down your PC as well.
Menth1985 P
post Jan 11 2020, 11:32 AM

Probation
26 posts

Yes, you do. The other solution is to browse carefully, but you can't always guarantee that. Besides, someone else may use your computer and end up compromising your system completely. But getting an antivirus is just the first step, and if you're on Windows, Defender should suffice as this page suggests. You should also enable firewall, always update your OS, put protection against ransomware, and regularly back up your system, among others.
satanhead2003
post Jan 14 2020, 06:21 PM

On my way
549 posts

https://youtu.be/BjdVK9DjnBA

I recommend you all watch this channel. WinDef got not very good rating.
Chelsea01
post Jan 28 2020, 08:49 PM

Getting Started
54 posts

Antivirus is important if you use a Windows PC. If you don't download random stuff on your PC from compromised sources then you probably don't need an anti-virus.
If you use your PC for normal browsing then you really don't need an Antivirus to protect your computer.
If you use Linux-based OS as your daily driver then you need not worry about viruses because there are hardly any viruses that target Linux space.
The most efficient way would be to get a virtual hosted desktop for yourself. The hosting company looks after the security of your device.
For example, I use Azure Virtual Desktop to ensure that I use Windows and also not be bothered by OS problems.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0123sec    0.32    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:47 PM