Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

51 Pages « < 44 45 46 47 48 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Model Kits Gundam & Mecha Modelling Thread V40th Anniversary, Happy 40th!

views

Marcion
post Feb 19 2022, 06:39 PM

Getting Started
238 posts

Here come another over price MGEX Strike Freedom, For me, I think not worth buying better buy metal build, but I already own 3rd party HIRM strike freedom with gold metal inner frame with wing accessories so i just passing by.
fox_shinoda
post Feb 25 2022, 03:34 AM

Enthusiast
965 posts

QUOTE(Enjoise @ Jan 18 2022, 02:00 PM)
hi sifus, is GFF/ metal series worth collecting?
since no time & skill to build, I figure this is a good route for me

mad respect for those who build & custom paint their kits
I got plenty of backlogs due to no time, ranging from HG, MG, Megasize and PG.

Now thinking of selling of those HG, MG backlogs since I started collecting GFF and MB instead
Zanei Gundan
post Mar 6 2022, 04:39 PM

Getting Started
143 posts

QUOTE(fox_shinoda @ Feb 25 2022, 03:34 AM)

Now thinking of selling of those HG, MG backlogs since I started collecting GFF and MB instead
that feeling

is it common to letting go some of the backlogs due to impulse buying
kmmsa
post Mar 7 2022, 09:26 AM

Getting Started
70 posts

QUOTE(fox_shinoda @ Feb 25 2022, 03:34 AM)

on a curious note , where do you sell your backlogs? mega_shok.gif
edan1979
post Mar 9 2022, 12:20 PM

*GruMpy_MoDe*
5,112 posts

Backlog... now you just remind me about a room of backlog since the damn mco. haven't go to my store house for a while. Hope all the kits still ok.
~C.W.S~
post Mar 15 2022, 04:59 PM

Casual
304 posts

RG GaoGaiGar announced. Me who collected Super Mini Pla doh.gif
sagethesausage
post Apr 15 2022, 12:42 PM

On my way
604 posts

Should I get the RG or MG version of Sazabi to build as a first timer?

I read that MG kits are actually easier to put together due to bigger pieces?
Marcion
post Apr 16 2022, 08:40 AM

Getting Started
238 posts

QUOTE(sagethesausage @ Apr 15 2022, 01:42 PM)
Should I get the RG or MG version of Sazabi to build as a first timer?
I read that MG kits are actually easier to put together due to bigger pieces?
Both are easy to essembly just different in size, but if you compare mg hi nu verka and rg hi nu, mg hi nu less detail unless you are modded that look like rg hi nu with lot of details and features.
KingArthurVI
post Apr 26 2022, 11:06 AM

BWOAHHHH
1,040 posts

Do you guys really go all out like the hardcore guides and Redditors where they all custom paint all their kits? Thinking of getting back into gunpla but like everyone’s saying must do topcoat or paint… I’m thinking only simple panel lines.
~C.W.S~
post Apr 26 2022, 02:20 PM

Casual
304 posts

QUOTE(KingArthurVI @ Apr 26 2022, 11:06 AM)
Do you guys really go all out like the hardcore guides and Redditors where they all custom paint all their kits? Thinking of getting back into gunpla but like everyone’s saying must do topcoat or paint… I’m thinking only simple panel lines.
You can have your fun to play at your pace, not necessary follow others. Just that when you paint and topcoat your kits mean you put extra love to it and make sure it turn out what you like. The glorious feeling when the kit completed and put into display is priceless yo~ biggrin.gif

For myself after dig more deep into topcoat and paint...I learnt the following extra skills...
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

mhyug
post Apr 26 2022, 02:26 PM

Regular
1,524 posts

QUOTE(~C.W.S~ @ Apr 26 2022, 02:20 PM)
You can have your fun to play at your pace, not necessary follow others. Just that when you paint and topcoat your kits mean you put extra love to it and make sure it turn out what you like. The glorious feeling when the kit completed and put into display is priceless yo~ biggrin.gif

For myself after dig more deep into topcoat and paint...I learnt the following extra skills...

last point tu yg paling penting eheheh. that one settle tgk la lazy or rajin wanna actually do all that trial error, experiment and in between all the other stuff we have in life.
Marcion
post Apr 26 2022, 02:55 PM

Getting Started
238 posts

QUOTE(~C.W.S~ @ Apr 26 2022, 03:20 PM)

Rate my none topcoat and is my non gundam plastic kit 1st time using airbrush few month ago.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
~C.W.S~
post Apr 26 2022, 03:52 PM

Casual
304 posts

QUOTE(Marcion @ Apr 26 2022, 02:55 PM)
Rate my none topcoat and is my non gundam plastic kit 1st time using airbrush few month ago.
Not necessary need top coat, sometime it alter the actual color of paint like your blue color, it seems very eye catching. Need more photos biggrin.gif
Marcion
post Apr 26 2022, 05:57 PM

Getting Started
238 posts

QUOTE(~C.W.S~ @ Apr 26 2022, 04:52 PM)
Not necessary need top coat, sometime it alter the actual color of paint like your blue color, it seems very eye catching. Need more photos  biggrin.gif
Here

user posted image
user posted image
Zanei Gundan
post Apr 26 2022, 08:23 PM

Getting Started
143 posts

anyone ever got experience to purchase from hobbylink japan?

there is some plamo stuffs i would like to get

but not familiar with international site (although they seems to be supporting shipping to MY)
Marcion
post Apr 26 2022, 11:04 PM

Getting Started
238 posts

QUOTE(Zanei Gundan @ Apr 26 2022, 09:23 PM)

but not familiar with international site (although they seems to be supporting shipping to MY)
They do deliver item to Malaysia by EMS, once reach Malaysia either you hire or pay poslaju to clear kastam or self collect that all. Too bad my place poslaju don't do service like that, have to self go to kastam to clear/pay tax get the items.
TSnazrul90
post Apr 27 2022, 02:04 AM

Getting Started
294 posts

QUOTE(Zanei Gundan @ Apr 26 2022, 08:23 PM)

I don't buy from HLJ but from HobbySearch/1999 before. RIP now cant buy gunpla/Bandai plamo. Not that I bought any. Just military kits there.

For HLJ best part is you get private warehouse. You pay first but you can choose hold your items in private warehouse. Mean its easier to combine shipping with other item you will buy like preorder kits. Best part there is no time limit to hold items but again you gonna become impatient anyway and start to ship now.

HLJ is good for save shipping. The 1999 can't even combine shipping to save cost.
TSnazrul90
post May 9 2022, 08:36 AM

Getting Started
294 posts

https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2022/0...and-gunpla.html

Bandai just secured land for new factory. The model kit production issue will be get solved in the next few years. Also the scalpers may stop hoarding I hope.
bofuri1234
post May 20 2022, 11:08 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

Can someone recommend a good set of tools for beginner to start with? What brand should I look for on Shopee Lazada?
bofuri1234
post May 20 2022, 11:08 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

Can someone recommend a good set of tools for beginner to start with? What brand should I look for on Shopee Lazada?

51 Pages « < 44 45 46 47 48 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0265sec    0.27    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:24 AM