Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Google pay

views

TSTheLegend27
post Mar 7 2020, 08:28 AM

Regular
1,653 posts

QUOTE(Wolgie @ Mar 5 2020, 05:40 PM)
google pay got charges services fees right?
i bought air ticket last time. no kena charges.
aisyahbb P
post Mar 9 2020, 02:06 PM

Probation
18 posts

QUOTE(Kadaj @ Mar 5 2020, 11:06 AM)
Pros:
- Integrate all credit/debit cards A, B, C into one your phone. No need to carry physical cards. Prevent lost of cards.
- Google pay / Apple pay will generate virtual card number to conceal your real physical card number. So the merchants can only see your virtual cards number but not the physical card number. In that way, cashier can't copy your physical card number under the table and use it to shop online.

Cons:
- Google knows your every spending and might sell your privacy data for advertising.
- Unlike physical cards, if your phone ran out of battery then you can't use google pay.

It's a NFC aka contactless payment method, any merchant terminal in the world that can accept visa / mastercard paywave will also able to accept google pay / apple pay.
I didn't know they generate virtual numbers...

And ya i'm also worried about the keeping my data and seeing what i can buy for advertising. Wondering if lose phone will have any problems? Should be ok cause use fingerprint kan?
Kadaj
post Mar 9 2020, 03:46 PM

On my way
536 posts

QUOTE(aisyahbb @ Mar 9 2020, 02:06 PM)
I didn't know they generate virtual numbers...

And ya i'm also worried about the keeping my data and seeing what i can buy for advertising. Wondering if lose phone will have any problems? Should be ok cause use fingerprint kan?
Whenever your phone is unlocked, it can be used to make purchases in stores. If your phone is lost or stolen, you can find, lock, or erase it using Find My Device.

If you lock your device, Google Pay can't be used. If your device can't be contacted, your payment information might be removed so no one can access it. If you find your device, unlock it and add your payment information again to use Google Pay.

Since Google Pay doesn't store your card details on your phone, anyone who finds or steals your phone won't be able to access that information, even if it's unlocked.

https://support.google.com/pay/answer/7643925?hl=en

At least you locked your phone and the theft can't access to your virtual cards in short period of time.

You need to go to telco service center and secure your sim card number asap coz of the OTP function for bank and any other important accounts.
You need to log in your google account from computer and remove active google account on other devices.

Tips: Practice to use Find My Device to locate or erase your phone.
aisyahbb P
post Mar 10 2020, 09:06 AM

Probation
18 posts

QUOTE(Kadaj @ Mar 9 2020, 03:46 PM)
At least you locked your phone and the theft can't access to your virtual cards in short period of time.

You need to go to telco service center and secure your sim card number asap coz of the OTP function for bank and any other important accounts.
You need to log in your google account from computer and remove active google account on other devices.

Tips: Practice to use Find My Device to locate or erase your phone.
Ahh okay okay, so actually paying like this is quite safe if you also do things to make keep your phone and details properly
Kadaj
post Mar 10 2020, 05:45 PM

On my way
536 posts

QUOTE(aisyahbb @ Mar 10 2020, 09:06 AM)
Ahh okay okay, so actually paying like this is quite safe if you also do things to make keep your phone and details properly
The only concern is privacy issue that Google knows everything about you.
Other than that, Google is one of the top tech companies in the world and definitely they are going to take care of security issue very seriously.
aisyahbb P
post Mar 13 2020, 10:35 AM

Probation
18 posts

QUOTE(Kadaj @ Mar 10 2020, 05:45 PM)
The only concern is privacy issue that Google knows everything about you.
Other than that, Google is one of the top tech companies in the world and definitely they are going to take care of security issue very seriously.
But is there any tech company that won't know anything about you? Apple, Google, Huawei semua pun sama
Kadaj
post Mar 13 2020, 03:58 PM

On my way
536 posts

QUOTE(aisyahbb @ Mar 13 2020, 10:35 AM)
But is there any tech company that won't know anything about you? Apple, Google, Huawei semua pun sama
Perhaps Apple value privacy of their customers more than Google and Apple won't sell customer data to third party.
Everything has its pros and cons and we just discussing only. It's up to personal choice whether you accept it and live with it.
xperiaDROID
post Aug 5 2022, 02:14 AM

K
3,964 posts

Seems like there's hope for Google Pay/Google Wallet to be available here.

In Google System Update support page, it shows that 22 new countries will be added to support Google Wallet on upcoming Google Play Services version v22.30, current version is at v22.29.13 and Google Wallet is still not available to download for Malaysia region yet.

The page might not show the latest changelog sometimes, they're probably working on something for the page, the latest folder should include July 2022 changelogs as shown on screenshot below. (credit to yenchenje for sharing on Apple Pay discussion thread)

https://support.google.com/product-document...answer/11412553

Attached Image

Aside from that, Visa Thailand has stated that they're testing both Google Pay and Apple Pay in Thailand. With all the news of Apple Pay launching in Malaysia, Google Pay shouldn't be far unless we're skipped again.

This post has been edited by xperiaDROID: Aug 5 2022, 02:17 AM
ericlaiys
post Aug 5 2022, 05:04 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,465 posts

QUOTE(xperiaDROID @ Aug 5 2022, 02:14 AM)
Seems like there's hope for Google Pay/Google Wallet to be available here.

In Google System Update support page, it shows that 22 new countries will be added to support Google Wallet on upcoming Google Play Services version v22.30, current version is at v22.29.13 and Google Wallet is still not available to download for Malaysia region yet.

The page might not show the latest changelog sometimes, they're probably working on something for the page, the latest folder should include July 2022 changelogs as shown on screenshot below. (credit to yenchenje for sharing on Apple Pay discussion thread)

https://support.google.com/product-document...answer/11412553

Attached Image

Aside from that, Visa Thailand has stated that they're testing both Google Pay and Apple Pay in Thailand. With all the news of Apple Pay launching in Malaysia, Google Pay shouldn't be far unless we're skipped again.
On phone can download google wallet. Just that still not yet can use.
Shoppee added Google Pay as payment option
PoisonSoul
post Aug 5 2022, 07:40 AM

Regular
1,740 posts

Apart seeing AP is now the talk of the town, would be really glad to also see GP launched and usable with MY FI cards. Fingers crossed!
xperiaDROID
post Aug 5 2022, 01:00 PM

K
3,964 posts

QUOTE(ericlaiys @ Aug 5 2022, 05:04 AM)
On phone can download google wallet. Just that still not yet can use.
Shoppee added Google Pay as payment option
What I meant was not available to download on Play Store, usually only regions that have Google Wallet supported can download from there. biggrin.gif

Also, Google Pay is added on Shopee since 2021 because they're using iPay88 payment gateway which collaborated with Google to enable Google Pay for online merchants, not offline retail merchants.

On Google's support page for Google Wallet, Malaysia is listed on online payments but not for in store payments yet.

https://support.google.com/googlepay/answer...1335866534&rd=1

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

QUOTE(PoisonSoul @ Aug 5 2022, 07:40 AM)
Apart seeing AP is now the talk of the town, would be really glad to also see GP launched and usable with MY FI cards. Fingers crossed!
Fingers crossed!

Both camps in Malaysia have been asking for it since ages ago, and it's about damn time we can finally use them, AP launching here is really a huge milestone for everyone of us. biggrin.gif
ericlaiys
post Aug 5 2022, 01:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,465 posts

QUOTE(xperiaDROID @ Aug 5 2022, 01:00 PM)
What I meant was not available to download on Play Store, usually only regions that have Google Wallet supported can download from there. biggrin.gif

Also, Google Pay is added on Shopee since 2021 because they're using iPay88 payment gateway which collaborated with Google to enable Google Pay for online merchants, not offline retail merchants.

On Google's support page for Google Wallet, Malaysia is listed on online payments but not for in store payments yet.

https://support.google.com/googlepay/answer...1335866534&rd=1

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Fingers crossed!

Both camps in Malaysia have been asking for it since ages ago, and it's about damn time we can finally use them, AP launching here is really a huge milestone for everyone of us. biggrin.gif
i can. downloaded yesterday
xperiaDROID
post Aug 5 2022, 01:14 PM

K
3,964 posts

QUOTE(ericlaiys @ Aug 5 2022, 01:11 PM)
i can. downloaded yesterday
May I know how did you manage to download it, and is your Google account on Malaysia region?

I have tried with Xiaomi, Honor and TCL devices but Google Wallet is still showing not available. hmm.gif

Attached Image

This post has been edited by xperiaDROID: Aug 5 2022, 01:15 PM
xperiaDROID
post Aug 5 2022, 01:24 PM

K
3,964 posts

QUOTE(RonanGow @ Aug 4 2022, 10:12 PM)
Google pay also appear on android shopee app

user posted image
QUOTE(yenchenje @ Aug 4 2022, 10:21 PM)
Ok just checked on Android Shopee based on RonanGow's post, and it is indeed there, has there been any news about iPay88 working on Google Pay integration? Or any local market integration?

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image (Captured on DeX and this is what showed after clicking Buy With GPay)

user posted image Left being Google Pay and right being GPay (Newer version of Google Pay)

Unfortunately can't screenshot the actual payment page with the card/gmail page due to security policy of Android. Maybe Shopee is just trying to integrate both AP/GP despite availability? Not sure..
Nvm googled and it seems like GP has been available from iPay88 since 2019, but only for payment terminal processing and not actual contactless (Wave) payment.. so ehhh?
QUOTE(Noelleshaw @ Aug 4 2022, 10:25 PM)
QUOTE(ericlaiys @ Aug 4 2022, 10:29 PM)
time to move to android.....hahahaha. either apple or google. both equal share.
QUOTE(megustatu @ Aug 4 2022, 10:35 PM)
According to history, iPay88 has actually implemented Google Pay back in 2019, however at that time it was only limited to purchases in Play Store.

But perhaps more importantly, I think we should look into whether the appearance of Google Pay in Malaysia's Shopee app occurred at the same time as Apple Pay. If true, chances could either be:

- Google Pay would arrive in near future following Apple Pay's release
  - they accidentally toggled the Gpay option while updating the app to finally support AP
QUOTE(yenchenje @ Aug 4 2022, 10:56 PM)
user posted image

Even on Google's official page, there's conflicting information, supposedly it's supported in this list of countries but even in the app there's only 3 countries, if you're opening this using a Malaysian IP it does tell you above with a ribbon that says "Google Wallet isn't available in your country yet, but check back soon!"

https://support.google.com/wallet/answer/12...e-google-wallet

user posted image
QUOTE(Noelleshaw @ Aug 4 2022, 10:58 PM)
Even on Google's official page, there's conflicting information, supposedly it's supported in this list of countries but even in the app there's only 3 countries, if you're opening this using a Malaysian IP it does tell you above with a ribbon that says "Google Wallet isn't available in your country yet, but check back soon!"

QUOTE(yenchenje @ Aug 4 2022, 11:02 PM)
I’m currently using gpay(us) fine and I opened it with a Malaysian ip

Not saying the actual function but what the page is telling users that access it, I'm sure with a US/SG/IN issued card, with the right country set you can add it to Google Wallet and use contactless, despite not being in that country.

user posted image

Here's the page opened on a Germany based VPS, the message is completely different from what is shown when opened in MY.
QUOTE(xperiaDROID @ Aug 4 2022, 11:15 PM)
The Google Pay option in Shopee app has already appeared since the end of 2021, this is because of iPay88 collaboration with Google to enable Google Pay for online merchants. Hence, Shopee is using iPay88 as their payment gateway which is why there's such option.

I think there's not much speculations to be made for Google Pay at the moment until Google Wallet can be downloaded in our region because currently it's unavailable, the app can only be downloaded if Google Pay is in the particular region.

But judging from what Visa Thailand has said about that they're already testing both Apple Pay and Google Pay in their region, I'm still hopeful that it's the same case here and we'll see it happen in the near future.
Moving previous discussions here from Apple Pay thread for further references. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by xperiaDROID: Aug 5 2022, 01:39 PM
ericlaiys
post Aug 5 2022, 02:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,465 posts

QUOTE(xperiaDROID @ Aug 5 2022, 01:14 PM)
May I know how did you manage to download it, and is your Google account on Malaysia region?

I have tried with Xiaomi, Honor and TCL devices but Google Wallet is still showing not available. hmm.gif

Attached Image
Yes. Malaysia region. Just download from google play
yenchenje
post Aug 5 2022, 02:56 PM

Enthusiast
728 posts

Yeah I'm not sure what Google is doing here but, I've tried with one account being in Malaysia and one in the US for Google Pay and Google Wallet. Both has GPay and GWallet available for DL. But downloading Google Wallet turns the app into the old Google Pay app, and downloading GPay only has 3 regions, India, Singapore and United States. So not really sure how it's supposed to work
yenchenje
post Aug 5 2022, 03:05 PM

Enthusiast
728 posts

Attached Image Attached Image (Malaysia Google account)
Attached Image Attached Image (US Google Account)

Attached Image Downloaded apps

This post has been edited by yenchenje: Aug 5 2022, 03:07 PM
xperiaDROID
post Aug 5 2022, 04:20 PM

K
3,964 posts

QUOTE(yenchenje @ Aug 5 2022, 02:56 PM)
Yeah I'm not sure what Google is doing here but, I've tried with one account being in Malaysia and one in the US for Google Pay and Google Wallet. Both has GPay and GWallet available for DL. But downloading Google Wallet turns the app into the old Google Pay app, and downloading GPay only has 3 regions, India, Singapore and United States. So not really sure how it's supposed to work
QUOTE(yenchenje @ Aug 5 2022, 03:05 PM)
Attached Image Attached Image (Malaysia Google account)
Attached Image Attached Image (US Google Account)

Attached Image Downloaded apps
I've tried downloading Google Wallet from APKPure before, and the issue was the similar to your Malaysia account. Initally both Google Pay and Google Wallet appeared on the homescreen, but once I tapped Google Wallet, it disappeared and only Google Pay was showing, and then when I tapped on it the app opened and showed that "Google Pay is updating" something like that.

Seriously don't know what they're up to.

QUOTE(ericlaiys @ Aug 5 2022, 02:49 PM)
Yes. Malaysia region. Just download from google play
It's weird that you guys can download it but not for some, and just couple of hours ago I saw someone posted a screenshot on Amanz FB comment section showing Google Wallet running on an Oppo device with Bigpay card added.

I really hope it is an indication that Google Pay is really coming and they are pushing the app to users by stages.

This post has been edited by xperiaDROID: Aug 5 2022, 04:22 PM
yenchenje
post Aug 7 2022, 02:52 AM

Enthusiast
728 posts

QUOTE(xperiaDROID @ Aug 5 2022, 04:20 PM)
I've tried downloading Google Wallet from APKPure before, and the issue was the similar to your Malaysia account. Initally both Google Pay and Google Wallet appeared on the homescreen, but once I tapped Google Wallet, it disappeared and only Google Pay was showing, and then when I tapped on it the app opened and showed that "Google Pay is updating" something like that.

Seriously don't know what they're up to.
It's weird that you guys can download it but not for some, and just couple of hours ago I saw someone posted a screenshot on Amanz FB comment section showing Google Wallet running on an Oppo device with Bigpay card added.

I really hope it is an indication that Google Pay is really coming and they are pushing the app to users by stages.
I've tried using it with a different older build and it works again without the updating screen, looks like some people on reddit has the same issue, Google is really making everyone confused with whatever they're doing rclxub.gif
PoisonSoul
post Aug 7 2022, 10:02 AM

Regular
1,740 posts

QUOTE(yenchenje @ Aug 7 2022, 02:52 AM)
I've tried using it with a different older build and it works again without the updating screen, looks like some people on reddit has the same issue, Google is really making everyone confused with whatever they're doing  rclxub.gif
Since when they are not? LOL
Anyways, still hoping if not at the same time, maybe in a month or two after AP is rolled out in MY, Google will see it as "wow, so good. We want a slice too!" and implement it here. But based on AP's track record, it took them 1-2 years to get it ready for prod so I'll be surprise if MY FI-s can churn GP out in a month or two with BxM approval unless, it's already in pilot testing phase.

9 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0200sec    0.72    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:46 PM