Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Lexus NX200t maintenance cost, Maintenance

views

aurora97
post Jun 16 2019, 03:23 PM

I Didn't get the Memo
3,569 posts

QUOTE(scarnut @ Jun 15 2019, 05:00 PM)
I see. Personally, the price of a second hand NX is close to a brand new Harrier which comes with 5 year warranty, in a way peace of mind driving. Well, different strokes for different folks I guess. In you case, you were concerned about maintenance cost.
question about warranty. the lexus warranty is it comprehensive, have you encountered any difficulty in claiming?

Maintenance cost as long as below RM 2K is fine really. Anything above, I only experience with VW. LOL... shit never going to buy one ever. Warranty claim, want your life. The servicing, omg... takes forever to make an appointment.

Mercedes benz maintenance cost even cheaper, fluctuates between RM 1K to 2K. Warranty claim is a breeze. We mentioned our steering had some noise (squeaky sound). First time, they did some checks, put some oil and shet. Sound still there. Second time, they replaced something but noise still there. Third time, they replace some rubber stuff, when i saw the invoice, the price of that thing is RM 15,000. I was like okay. They didn't give me shit. They just trouble shot until the problem go away. cool2.gif

I still like Mercedes, I have heard of Lexus, their previous design a bit uncle (lol... okay a bit hypocrite here) but now their design a bit modern.

Oh and battery, Mercedes took out an insurance on our cars battery. haha... i heard the Penang case about the E class. The battery can buy a car haha...

Also, if anyone can share like how is the interior, technology, features and other perks notworthy.gif

I only know Mercedes Benz is slightly cheaper in terms of pricing and Lexus engines are quite impressive.

What you guys think, do share!

aurora97
post Jun 16 2019, 10:44 PM

I Didn't get the Memo
3,569 posts

QUOTE(budang @ Jun 16 2019, 10:27 PM)
This kind of opinion should f off from constructive topic like this. If you have nothing constructive to say, don't say.

Can't owners to be at least get a heads up on what the maintenance cost like before ownership?
hear hear.

Vw not a premium car brand but the items excluded from warranty and the maintenance cost is absurd.
aurora97
post Jun 17 2019, 12:46 PM

I Didn't get the Memo
3,569 posts

QUOTE(EricWongJy @ Jun 17 2019, 10:34 AM)
RM15,000!! you must be a true car guy, hahaha! YEs true..am driving a vw as well but never send to SC, their service really sucks. may I know which merz model are you currently driving now?
I'm always a fans of Merz until few years ago I saw lexus nx on the road & my dad's boss driving one as well, hehee, i started to study more about the car, nothing fascinating bout the engine but the design and reliability is the main point, I've test driven, power is good enough for city driving just that the braking power is not there yet, braking is important for a suv with  235hp. Interior depends on your personal liking, it does match to my liking because its really good. RX is good too just that its quite big for me and there's only 2 variants for the new rx, 2.0T and 3.5 v6, 2.0T definitely underpower for such big car, 3.5 roadtax is out of my budget. hahaha

As for merz I do like their package, you should give lexus a try if you're keen to change a new car, new lexus nx really not bad.
I don't want to mislead you, though there was an invoice for the part, but the part was covered under warranty by MB. This is a feature of MB i want to point out, they don't give you excuses. They really trouble shoot and as last resort, they change it for you especially if its in the warranty.

I not a car guy, I am more paranoid about breaking the warranty conditions. That's why we observe everything to the letter. We currently have the C200 (2017 model) but we are planning to dispose of it before the warranty is up.

Yes, a bit torn between MB and Lexus. The customer service is one reason I don’t think we will be changing brands anytime soon, but the Lexus NX is so …. Drool…

QUOTE(EricWongJy @ Jun 17 2019, 10:35 AM)
Yes, passat b7 in market price RM50-60k, some people buy it without doing surveys, end up they jacked up the car until have to overhaul then keep complaining, who wants to buy a rotten apple?  right?
We have the Polo (import model) and the Passat B7 (import model).
It has nothing to do with the “market price” or jacked up by buyers because of “without doing survey” as you mentioned, I have sighted the AP form for both vehicles. The excise tax alone is between 150 to 300%. So basically, it’s cost + excise tax + mark up, the car dealers are making just enough. It is also priced within the range of its peer with a slight premium (at the time).
Yes, survey makes a difference, but the defects are real. I have 2 VWs, I can attest to this. From engine, gear box, engine check light keeping coming on and even the slot-in key for Passat (this cost me RM 900)!
On top of that VW has been fined for unethical conduct (diesel engine scandal), also if their cars were good, why they needed to extend their warranty in the first place?
Sad to say, the complains are real, I will never touch a VW. I have spent enough time and money on a VW to know.

QUOTE(EricWongJy @ Jun 17 2019, 10:40 AM)
Thanks buddy, this is a forum, we ask everything here, I know that if I can afford, don't ask, everyone knows this logic but why not just chat? even the rich before buying a porsche or ferrari, they will concern bout the maintenance, not everyone willing to spend all the money on just maintenance, since everyone saying lexus is reliable and not much issues so I decided to ask bout the maintenance to give myself a clear answer.  This lesson is like 2008 gtr on the market cost around RM200-Rm280k, everyone think its cheap so they buy it but then they realized the maintenance cost them a lot, this is just an example of course.. not saying that they cant afford one just that sometimes if its hard earn money, they not willing to spend so much on it.
Thanks for stepping out for me bro, have a nice day.
Yes, we can ask anything and everything but that does not preclude that we should be courteous to another. In forum there are all walks of life. Some people can be rich and stingy (af) at the same time or people just want to know. If they want to buy an S class but can’t afford the maintenance, who are we to judge? Maybe he likes it as an art piece in his/her house?

Maintenance play a key role in reliability and the number of visits to the SC is so f- annoying.
The Polo we drove chalked up RM 3K in ONE service, I am not even talking about the rest of the service averaging RM 2K. IT’s a car with a 1.4L (or was it 1.2?) engine. How can maintenance cost more than a MB? We were shocked when our first service of our MB was about 1-1.5K, the same for subsequent service. Don’t even start with the Passat… omfg. You don’t have to take my word for it. You can ask anyone who owns a VW.

Anyway, that’s in the past, more interested in MB or Lexus.

aurora97
post Mar 5 2020, 10:46 PM

I Didn't get the Memo
3,569 posts

QUOTE(leonghan @ Mar 2 2020, 04:51 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Is it the same problem happens to B8 passat?
dont know to be honest. i dont think i would want to touch another VW car. Besides, for the price, i probably will get either a merc (if continental) or a honda (jap with more gadgets).

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0215sec    0.46    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:14 PM