Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Lexus NX200t maintenance cost, Maintenance

views

TSEricWongJy
post Jun 4 2019, 05:29 PM, updated 5 months ago

Getting Started
75 posts

Hi guys, I'm looking forward to get a Lexus Nx200t hopefully a F sport model, is there any information regarding Maintenance cost at outside instead of SC & any problems with the Turbo engine? Thanks.
jameslow
post Jun 5 2019, 08:01 AM

Getting Started
257 posts

Lexus and Toyota are reliable, no need to worry about maintenance, if you worry about the SC or workshop repair cost, you always can get quotation from SC and compare outside workshop, this is what I usually do.

Comparing continental cars, the maintenance cost definitely cheaper, if you still worry this and that, better get a new or warranty covered car, because you may not suitable for it.
TSEricWongJy
post Jun 5 2019, 10:59 AM

Getting Started
75 posts

QUOTE(jameslow @ Jun 5 2019, 08:01 AM)
Lexus and Toyota are reliable, no need to worry about maintenance, if you worry about the SC or workshop repair cost, you always can get quotation from SC and compare outside workshop, this is what I usually do.

Comparing continental cars, the maintenance cost definitely cheaper, if you still worry this and that, better get a new or warranty covered car, because you may not suitable for it.
as I asked some owners of lexus nx200, they told me that the maintenace wasn't that exp and most importantly reliable, am planning to get a recond or 2nd hand unit, thats why im asking, im not buying new car.
jameslow
post Jun 5 2019, 06:33 PM

Getting Started
257 posts

QUOTE(EricWongJy @ Jun 5 2019, 10:59 AM)
as I asked some owners of lexus nx200, they told me that the maintenace wasn't that exp and most importantly reliable, am planning to get a recond or 2nd hand unit, thats why im asking, im not buying new car.
Very depends on luck, my Vellfire serving me 6 years still counting, clocking 60k km now, the most expensive I repair was throttle body repair kit, RM 1k plus.

However, my other 2 conti cars at 3 years only, one of the rear absorber faulty, main and Aux battery kong, 3 engine mounting changed, replaced some coolant hoses, repair cluster, replace engine cover and etc, luckily it’s under warranty and at no cost.

I suggest you to buy local unit comes with remaining warranty, at least you get claimed if anything goes wrong, recond car won’t get this privilege, even you get it insured, they won’t honor most of parts.

Buy and worry later.

Hope this help.
TSEricWongJy
post Jun 5 2019, 09:19 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

QUOTE(jameslow @ Jun 5 2019, 06:33 PM)
Very depends on luck, my Vellfire serving me 6 years still counting, clocking 60k km now, the most expensive I repair was throttle body repair kit, RM 1k plus.

However, my other 2 conti cars at 3 years only, one of the rear absorber faulty, main and Aux battery kong, 3 engine mounting changed, replaced some coolant hoses, repair cluster, replace engine cover and etc, luckily it’s under warranty and at no cost.

I suggest you to buy local unit comes with remaining warranty, at least you get claimed if anything goes wrong, recond car won’t get this privilege, even you get it insured, they won’t honor most of parts.

Buy and worry later.

Hope this help.

Thanks buddy, I did experienced what you've experienced as well, I'm now driving a Volkswagen Scirocco 2.0, wear and tear consider okay as I don't need drive rektlessly but still, there are problems that you can't ignore and it can't be ignored, sensors, fault codes & etc.

The reason I'm asking about lexus nx200 is because i've heard that my dad's boss is letting go his lexus nx200, i know the mainteance wouldn't be crazy but better know the 'ingredients' before 'eating' it.

I appreciate your comment, bro, I do have a friend who owns a Lexus nx200, he did told me the even you service your car at SC, It wasn't really that exp. Thanks for help buddy.
danielisme
post Jun 11 2019, 12:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,064 posts

just bought recon F SPORT .
before was drive VW passat. driving conti car unless Merc . other brand
not only cost but time to go workshop.
that why this time i choosed reliable brand.
its good car ! enjoy it !
shinrei
post Jun 12 2019, 09:53 AM

Getting Started
157 posts

lol thinking of getting recond as well.

axtray
post Jun 12 2019, 09:18 PM

On my way
527 posts

QUOTE(jameslow @ Jun 5 2019, 06:33 PM)

Buy and worry later.

Hope this help.
you have a 120i correct? how's it going for the car? can you share the stuffs that you had to replace?
jameslow
post Jun 13 2019, 12:03 AM

Getting Started
257 posts

QUOTE(axtray @ Jun 12 2019, 09:18 PM)
you have a 120i correct? how's it going for the car? can you share the stuffs that you had to replace?
The car is beautiful, fun to drive, decent power at ECU stage 1, good handling, not very high FC, the only setback is the rear passenger space is too small...

The car is 3 years now, clocking 30k km, still on stock RFT Bridgestone S001, covered by BMW schedule maintenance, the only faulty part discovered is the right rear absorber/mounting, causing rattling sound, part to be replaced by SC once it's arrived, under warranty.

Hunting for 1? I suggest FL 120 or PFL 116, as long as 1.6 turbo and MSport makes the car really handsome...
TSEricWongJy
post Jun 13 2019, 07:03 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

QUOTE(danielisme @ Jun 11 2019, 12:08 PM)
just bought recon F SPORT .
before was drive VW passat. driving conti car unless Merc . other brand
not only cost but time to go workshop.
that why this time i choosed reliable brand.
its good car ! enjoy it !
How much did you get for the recond Nx F sport, japan spec?
Do you mind to share some of your opinions regarding the car?
Am currently driving a VW scirocco as well, I like the nx since I first saw it on the road & starting to liking a family car~

I have heard some of the comments that the maintenance wasn't that expensive compare to others.
I had test driven the nx200t once , there's only one cons I felt that day, the braking wasn't enough for the horsepower.
danielisme
post Jun 14 2019, 08:56 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,064 posts

[quote=EricWongJy,Jun 13 2019, 07:03 PM]
Am currently driving a VW scirocco as well, I like the nx since I first saw it on the road & starting to liking a family car~

I have heard some of the comments that the maintenance wasn't that expensive compare to others.
I had test driven the nx200t once , there's only one cons I felt that day, the braking wasn't enough for the horsepower.

[/quote

YA , recon JAPAN spec. recon problem is have to slowly search the best spec with best price. brows.gif
first was plan to get harrier and done research though. after tested NX already get the poison sweat.gif . and from NX L then finally get F sport because of the spec. sweat.gif.
although NX is 235hp which is higher than passat 160hp. the power accelerate is smooth and braking not as responsive as VW. but i prefer NX braking system
because previously my wife used to complain me when i accelerate and brake make her feel nausea . i feel VW is nice for driver but not passenger.
now my wife and kids no complain when i accelerate ! hehe
maintanance wise im not sure , because i just got the car one week but i believe LEXUS is reliable brand compare conti , if u worry about the steering rack, gear box. engine part and etc. u can extend the insurance . around rm1500 +-, because normally dealer will provide one year insurance warranty
i saw ebay selling NX wear and tear spare parts actually reasonable price
once we already drive conti car , its hard for us to drive back non conti car.. so lexus is the best for us..

This post has been edited by danielisme: Jun 14 2019, 01:50 PM
TSEricWongJy
post Jun 14 2019, 11:14 AM

Getting Started
75 posts

[quote=danielisme,Jun 14 2019, 08:56 AM]

[/quote

YA , recon JAPAN spec. recon problem is have to slowly search the best spec with best price. brows.gif
first was plan to get harrier and done research though. after tested NX already get the poison sweat.gif . and from NX L then finally get F sport because of the spec. sweat.gif.
although NX is 235hp which is higher than passat 160hp. the power accelerate is smooth and braking not as responsive as VW. but i prefer braking system
because previously my wife used to complain me when i accelerate and brake make her feel nausea . i feel VW is nice for driver but not passenger.
maintanance wise im not sure , because i just got the car one week but i believe LEXUS is reliable brand compare conti , if u worry about the steering rack, gear box. engine part and etc. u can extend the insurance . around rm1500 +-, because normally dealer will provide one year insurance warranty
once we already drive conti car , its hard for us to drive back non conti car.. so lexus is the best for us..

[/quote]

Yes I understand that ori Vw braking system is good enough, even I ask should i change to another brake pads but they told me Vw ori brake pad is good enough! one thing about volkswagen is that the power is really addictive, especially like your passat and my scirocco, I bought it 2nd hand for RM90k, power wise is damn good! but one thing have to 'take good care of the engine' if you play with the turbo all the time.

Yes, I also got poisoned by Lexus nx design, its very futuristic design & probably I would say the best looking suv on the market yet? maybe just my preference, my dad's boss owns a lexus nx and what he shared is just that the fuel tank is small, compare to conti cars, fuel consumption wise is good just that fuel tank not enough for long journey driving.

Yours is top spec so should be AWD right? As i heard that most of the time if you drive normally, its only activating FWD, if you accelerate/cornering/slipped then AWD will activate, is it true?
TSEricWongJy
post Jun 14 2019, 11:15 AM

Getting Started
75 posts

[quote=danielisme,Jun 14 2019, 08:56 AM]

[/quote

although NX is 235hp which is higher than passat 160hp. the power accelerate is smooth and braking not as responsive as VW. but i prefer braking system

[/quote]

ohh yes, whats the colour of your lexus nx? hehee
danielisme
post Jun 14 2019, 01:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,064 posts

QUOTE(EricWongJy @ Jun 14 2019, 11:15 AM)
ohh yes, whats the colour of your lexus nx? hehee
my passat headache one from day one to 5 years later today
and now need to overhaul cost rm10k so i faster sell off . sorry to those who buy it .
ah...actually very hard to find the perfect one, mine one is 2WD as i think not important for me so we priority on prefer colour which is pearl white then panaromic then spec and year.
that why at the end i pay rm253k...from begining was plan to get rm160k harrier rclxub.gif we got this unit because my wife poisoned with the mark levinson , additional feature is rear sear with electric control and panaromic which my kids like it .
anyway worthy to get lexus. harrier like throw rm160k into drain after tested NX thumbup.gif
ya..after got the car only know the fuel tank only 60litre compare passat 70litre.
RX is 70litre. RX super nice but i cant afford to buy
TSEricWongJy
post Jun 14 2019, 02:58 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

QUOTE(danielisme @ Jun 14 2019, 01:48 PM)
my passat headache one from day one to 5 years later today
and now need to overhaul cost rm10k so i faster sell off . sorry to those who buy it .
ah...actually very hard to find the perfect one, mine one is 2WD as i think not important for me so we priority on prefer colour which is pearl white then panaromic then spec and year.
that why at the end i pay rm253k...from begining was plan to get rm160k harrier  rclxub.gif we got this unit because my wife poisoned with the mark levinson , additional feature is rear sear with electric control and panaromic which my kids like it .
anyway worthy to get lexus. harrier like throw rm160k into drain after tested NX  thumbup.gif
ya..after got the car only know the fuel tank only 60litre compare passat 70litre.
RX is 70litre. RX super nice but i cant afford to buy
Hahah, my dad involved in an accident while he's on the way to kelantan for meeting along with his colleagues in a passat B7, while driving on highway, suddenly heard a 'bang' sound comes underneath the car and suspected to be gearbox issue and suddenly the car lost control, after this incident he hates vw cars very much, as there's a case in Australia(if im not mistaken) a woman driving a volkswagen on the road and all of a sudden the car just shut down and lost control so she bang into a tree and passed away, I wonder if this case is legit or not but yes VW cars are fun at first, after long term running problems start showing out..

Yes lexus totally worth the money! harrier always overpriced ever since then till now.. while rather plus few ten thousands plus for lexus nx.. am looking for ultrasonic blue if possible, i do think that if Luxury/Premium/F - sport all offer almost the same price range as recond car.. y not go for f sport, right? yes the fuel tank issue is the only cons I guess but not really that big issue if not planning for long journey drive all the time.

overall i think the design will be ageless as now I see IS,GS, its still a looker to me.

My friend test driven RX once.. 2.0t feels underpower and very heavy, floaty as well but if want a better version, only 3.5 V6 available.. hmbm, roadtax $$.. hahaa! Nx is good enough, not too large and easy for city drive.

but i thought all f sport variants come with awd?
danielisme
post Jun 14 2019, 03:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,064 posts

QUOTE(EricWongJy @ Jun 14 2019, 02:58 PM)
Hahah, my dad involved in an accident while he's on the way to kelantan for meeting along with his colleagues in a passat B7, while driving on highway, suddenly heard a 'bang' sound comes underneath the car and suspected to be gearbox issue and suddenly the car lost control, after this incident he hates vw cars very much, as there's a case in Australia(if im not mistaken) a woman driving a volkswagen on the road and all of a sudden the car just shut down and lost control so she bang into a tree and passed away, I wonder if this case is legit or not but yes VW cars are fun at first, after long term running problems start showing out..

Yes lexus totally worth the money! harrier always overpriced ever since then till now.. while rather plus few ten thousands plus for lexus nx.. am looking for ultrasonic blue if possible, i do think that if Luxury/Premium/F - sport all offer almost the same price range as recond car.. y not go for f sport, right? yes the fuel tank issue is the only cons I guess but not really that big issue if not planning for long journey drive all the time.

overall i think the design will be ageless as now I see IS,GS, its still a looker to me.

My friend test driven RX once.. 2.0t feels underpower and very heavy, floaty as well but if want a better version, only 3.5 V6 available.. hmbm, roadtax $$.. hahaa! Nx is good enough, not too large and easy for city drive.

but i thought all f sport variants come with awd?
i dont know if the car is AWD doh.gif , as far as i know my car without 4WD button one rolleyes.gif
in japan buyer have optional on the features and customize interior colour.
ultrasonic blue hardly see in recon japan spec

TSEricWongJy
post Jun 15 2019, 11:12 AM

Getting Started
75 posts

QUOTE(danielisme @ Jun 14 2019, 03:34 PM)
i dont know if the car is AWD  doh.gif  , as far as i know my car without 4WD button one  rolleyes.gif
in japan buyer have optional on the features and  customize interior colour.
ultrasonic blue hardly see in recon japan spec
Yes! Hahaha, ultrasonic blue is so rare but not easy to get a good one in the market, I think to show the sexy bodyline of Lexus nx, colour choices should be silver/grey/blue(my personal opinions)
But grey is not a bad choice either, hehee.
Yes as I look see look see on mudah.my, many of the top spec nx should be AWD, but when you city-driving, it only uses front wheel drive while below 50-60km/h, thats what I heard bout the f sport model but f sport model totally worth the money as the spec is so damn good, the seats are better too.

THe 2019 lexus nx f-sport is much better package, Rm350k+ for f sport, previous model needs around Rm400k+ for top spec.
Definitely the good choice for those bosses out there, hehee.
scarnut
post Jun 15 2019, 12:31 PM

5 posts

Have you all compared the full specs with the latest Harrier turbo? Other than the Lexus badge, I believe it can match the NX plus a saving of up to 100k.
danielisme
post Jun 15 2019, 02:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,064 posts

QUOTE(EricWongJy @ Jun 15 2019, 11:12 AM)
Yes! Hahaha, ultrasonic blue is so rare but not easy to get a good one in the market, I think to show the sexy bodyline of Lexus nx, colour choices should be silver/grey/blue(my personal opinions)
But grey is not a bad choice either, hehee.
Yes as I look see look see on mudah.my, many of the top spec nx should be AWD, but when you city-driving, it only uses front wheel drive while below 50-60km/h, thats what I heard bout the f sport model but f sport model totally worth the money as the spec is so damn good, the seats are better too.

THe 2019 lexus nx f-sport is much better package, Rm350k+ for f sport, previous model needs around Rm400k+ for top spec.
Definitely the good choice for those bosses out there, hehee.
The different is head lamp LED shape And fog lamp part . Lucky dint change much . So mine car can drive another 10 yrs atleast haha
We quite like the grey brown . Saw one at Naza but three days later gave other ppl booked alredy . White also ok ever lasting haha
Hmm likely u will get new one 😀 because u prefer rare colour . Me can’t already now have to eat roti canal

This post has been edited by danielisme: Jun 25 2019, 10:56 AM
TSEricWongJy
post Jun 15 2019, 03:08 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

QUOTE(scarnut @ Jun 15 2019, 12:31 PM)
Have you all compared the full specs with the latest Harrier turbo? Other than the Lexus badge, I believe it can match the NX plus a saving of up to 100k.

Yes I did but the design of harrier never comes to my liking but I never plan to get new lexus nx.. was only planning on 2nd hand local unit, new car too expensive for me.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0403sec    2.05    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th November 2019 - 08:27 PM