Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Official TM Unifi Mobile Fans Club & Enquiries V8, #khabar baik

views

lurkingaround
post Oct 17 2019, 12:08 PM

Rule of Law
5,106 posts

QUOTE(azrull @ Oct 17 2019, 09:25 AM)
I'm using Unifi Mobile GLC Package. The same existing RM99/mth but with GLC package it's only RM59/mth. My experience with their speed and coverage seems good and excellence.
That's because TM Unifi Mobile/Unifi Air rides on Celcom's 4G LTE coverage under a renewable 2-year Agreement = TM has very poor 4G LTE coverage = mostly only 3G coverage. So when network congestion occurs during peak usage period, Celcom subcribers will have priority over Unifi Air/Mobile subscribers since a 4G LTE cell tower can only service 60 users at any one time.

TM Unifi Mobile RM99/Unifi Air RM79 gives true unlimited data which is very attractive to heavy data users = use a few hundred GB or more per month. In comparison, U Mobile "unlimited" GX50 phone plan throttles users from 5Mbps to 0.6Mbps when they exceeded 100GB of data per month because U Mobile and other mobile telcos have to pay TM Fiber for Internet data; and Digi 150 "Infinite"/"unlimited" phone plan throttles users from 30Mbps to 5Mbps when they exceeded 1TB of data per month.

NB - Both TM and Celcom Axiata are owned by Khazanah Nasional, a GLC. Hence, the above difference in unlimited data phone plans.

lurkingaround
post Oct 17 2019, 01:39 PM

Rule of Law
5,106 posts

QUOTE(JLA @ Oct 17 2019, 12:26 PM)
many Unifi Mobile user report can't connect to celcom 4G network.

Where you get this statement ? Dont make sense at all.
4G LTE cell tower can only service 60 users at any one time.

Unifi Air  is TM solution for streamix problem.
A 4G LTE cell tower can cover up to 3 miles/5km for Internet data and up to 10 miles/16km for voice calls/SMS. If you are out of this 3 mile/5km coverage = can't connect to Celcom 4G LTE network for Internet data. Most 3G./4G cell towers are located in city areas and along main roads and highways(to cater for car navigation apps like Waze).

A 3G/4G cell tower can only service a maximum 60 users at the same time or simultaneously = cell tower capacity. If 100 users are trying to connect to the same cell tower at the same time, only the 1st 60 users will be connected and the other 40 users won't be able to connect. Celcom's 4G LTE cell towers give priority to its own subscribers during such a situation. Eg when there are 50 Celcom subscribers and 50 Unifi Mobile/Air subscribers wanting to connect to the single 4G cell tower = all 50 Celcom subscribers will be able to connect while 40 Unifi Mobile/Air subcribers won't be able to connect.

The old copper-line ADSL Streamyx(= now TM Unifi Lite) coverage is limited to 5km from the TM telephone exchange. TM telephone exchanges are usually located in city, suburban areas and small towns = not in small rural kampungs. Anyone living or located outside this 5km coverage of the telephone exchange cannot get Streamyx or Unifi Lite service, eg some rural/kampung folks. Same thing for many rural folks in USA or Australia, a very large country, but they can subscribe to Satellite Internet. In Malaysia, no Satellite ISP available and Unifi Air/Mobile, with its limited 5km/3miles coverage, cannot solve this lack of coverage problem for rural/kampung folks.

Similarly, many international reporters have to use Satellite phones since their work often put them in places with no 4G phone coverage.

Also, available Streamyx/Unifi Lite download speed depends on the distance between the subcriber's location and TM telephone exchange. You must be within 2km from the telephone exchange to get 8Mbps. If within 1km, maximum is 12Mbps for ADSL. If 4km from exchange, maybe can get only max 2Mbps.

Fiber Internet is not limited by the distance between the subscriber and telephone exchange but to lay expensive fiber-optic cables to every rural kampung house in Malaysia is not commercially viable for TM. Similarly, for the setting up of ADSL Streamyx/Unifi Lite TM telephone exchanges in every small rural kampung/village.

lurkingaround
post Oct 18 2019, 03:50 PM

Rule of Law
5,106 posts

QUOTE(Green_HT @ Oct 18 2019, 11:38 AM)
I bought at Shopee but the spec you can see at the other web .
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32828883870.html

Mainly to use for Media Player Music and Movie , I can use WiFi for the net .
At 1st i thought it has no problem w. our Telco because of the Band Listed .

Guess im no lucky NO 3G NO 4G  cry.gif  cry.gif  cry.gif
Maybe its supported the India Telco at the box said 4G Volte .

I bought it at 10.10 , Shoope , free delivery .
A brand new 4G LTE Android tablet for US$50/RM250 is 99% a China-scam of very low-quality and fake specs = your tablet likely has no 4G LTE(only 3G but faulty) and only 4GB of internal storage. .......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er8ofJMWW-0 - Fake Aliexpress/eBay Tablet Deca Core 4GB RAM 64GB Storage Review Chinese

https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/he...ndroid-t2839739 - HELP] Fake hardware info on android
lurkingaround
post Oct 19 2019, 08:53 PM

Rule of Law
5,106 posts

QUOTE(cloudclone @ Oct 19 2019, 12:04 PM)
May I ask any modem can support band 5 38 and 40 with ca?
Like I said before, TM has very poor 4G LTE coverage = TM has to ride on Celcom's much better 4G LTE coverage which uses LTE Band 3 and Band 7, different from TM Unifi Mobile/Air's Band 5, 38 and 40. The lower the frequency, the better the range or coverage and signal strength.

So, TM Unifi Mobile/Air users should be using a device, either 4G phone or modem, that is compatible with both Celcom 4G LTE and TM 4G LTE(= Huawei B618/B315S-608, D-Link DWM 312), unless they are sure their location is always covered by TM 4G LTE, eg KL city and Putrajaya area. .......

https://www.nperf.com/en/map/MY/-/44810.Uni...9023438&zoom=11 - Unifi 3G / 4G / 5G coverage map, Malaysia

https://www.4gltemall.com/

https://www.digitalnewsasia.com/business/ce...ags-tm-contract - Celcom bags TM contract - Feb 21, 2019

This post has been edited by lurkingaround: Oct 19 2019, 09:02 PM
lurkingaround
post Oct 20 2019, 03:36 PM

Rule of Law
5,106 posts

QUOTE(aizamev @ Oct 20 2019, 12:17 PM)
hi, long time not post in this thread.

just to info that my unifi mobile with bebas plan now start have problem with band 38 and 40. if connected to TDD, speed too slow within 300kbps. but when connect to band 5, got speed up to 4-5mbps. during congestion, connection with band 5 will go 1-2mbps.

is it only my area or other area also have problem like my area?
Note that 3G/4G cell tower signals to your device is line-of-sight and can be blocked by objects like walls, tall buildings, hills, forests, heavy rain, etc.

4G LTE = about 30Mbps (maximum 100Mbps)
3G = about 1.5Mbps (maximum 4.7Mbps)

TM Unifi Mobile/Air rides on Celcom's 4G LTE coverage = Band 3 and Band 7. Your device should support Celcom's frequency band to get 4G LTE speeds if there is no TM Unifi Mobile 4G LTE coverage at your location.
....... Check whether Unifi Mobile Bebas limits video streaming to 1.5Mbps = 480p/SD. Some "unlimited" or "Bebas" phone plans do this.

lurkingaround
post Oct 20 2019, 04:41 PM

Rule of Law
5,106 posts

QUOTE(aizamev @ Oct 20 2019, 04:12 PM)
actually i'm on weekly unlimited. and the simcard is on my mifi modem. been using it for more than 1 year. total data used more than 3Tb. contacted service agent via live chat, didnt help much. so, i'm not sure why band 38/40 now become so slow. will bring to other places and try speed for band 38/40. might be only on my area affected
I believe it is against the T&C to use a phone plan SIM card in a 3G/4G mifi modem or or 3G/4G USB modem dongle or 3G/4G modem-router, which should only be used together with a more expensive postpaid wireless mobile broadband plan SIM card. Once detected by the mobile telcos via Deep Packet Inspection, they will take appropriate action to counter such illegal use by their subscribers, eg by throttling(= indirect warning), terminating/banning/blacklisting, CTOS'ing, etc.

Exception being the high-priced postpaid phone plans Digi 150 Infinite and U Mobile P139 Hero which allow the phone SIM card to be used in a 4G modem - throttling to 5Mbps occurs only when exceeded 1TB of data per month.

This post has been edited by lurkingaround: Oct 20 2019, 04:46 PM
lurkingaround
post Oct 20 2019, 06:17 PM

Rule of Law
5,106 posts

QUOTE(aizamev @ Oct 20 2019, 05:04 PM)
unifi bebas with unlimited plan allowed to share it data. but if they change the t&c, i might apply for unifi air.
With unlimited Unifi Mobile Bebas on a prepaid phone plan, you can hotspot share the unlimited data from the phone to other devices nearby like desktops, laptops , tablets and other phones via USB-tethering or Wifi-tethering, up to a maximum of about 15 devices. There is no hotspot data limit. But it's not to hotspot share the unlimited data from a 4G modem.

Unusually high data usage via P2P apps is considered unreasonable usage and against the FUP/AUP by TM Unifi Mobile Bebas = speed throttled.

Prepaid Unifi Mobile Bebas phone plans (eg Weekly = RM80 for 4 weeks/1 month) cannot be legally used on a 4G modem. In comparison, Digi 150 Infinite and U Mobile P139 Hero also give unlimited hotspot data and can also be legally used with a 4G modem.

Unifi Air on a 4G modem-router = cannot make voice calls/SMS, unlike phone plans

This post has been edited by lurkingaround: Oct 20 2019, 06:22 PM
lurkingaround
post Oct 20 2019, 08:54 PM

Rule of Law
5,106 posts

QUOTE(budi1413 @ Oct 20 2019, 06:48 PM)
some people is really annoying af.

they can always block hotspot if it really illegal.

biggrin.gif
Just blocking hotspot sharing will not deter an illegal user of the Unifi Mobile Bebas unlimited prepaid phone plan from using it on a 4G modem because a 4G modem-router can support 64 Wifi-enabled devices. Throttling can send an indirect warning to the illegal user to stop, as happened to the above subscriber.

What are unreasonable and illegal use has been defined and listed in the T&C at TM Unifi Mobile Bebas website. Ignorance of the law/rules/terms is no excuse.

lurkingaround
post Oct 21 2019, 12:02 AM

Rule of Law
5,106 posts

QUOTE(Ngto @ Oct 20 2019, 09:53 PM)
Unifi Air postpaid only using band 38 and 40. Not using Band 5.

Unifi mobile is using 5, 38 & 40.
Thank you for the correction.

Afaik, according to the link below, Unifi Air's Huawei B618s-65d 4G LTE modem-routers from TM, support only the applicable Bands 5/40, but not Band 38. Unifi Air subscribers can buy their own 4G modem-routers that support all 3 Bands 5/38/40, eg Huawei B525s-65a.

Unifi Air = uses only TM 4G LTE Bands 5/38/40
Unifi Mobile = uses both TM and Celcom 4G LTE Bands. Celcom 4G LTE Bands 3/7.

Many 4G LTE phones support all these applicable Bands = can connect to both TM Unifi Mobile's 4G LTE Bands 5/38/40 and/or Celcom's 4G LTE Bands 3/7, eg the Huawei Mate P20 phone supports the applicable 4G LTE Bands 3/5/7/38/40.

When TM Unifi Mobile 4G LTE has no coverage, it rides on Celcom's 4G/LTE much better coverage.

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4765406/all - Huawei B618 Router V2, We are back! - Apr 2019

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4816085/+320
lurkingaround
post Oct 22 2019, 09:37 AM

Rule of Law
5,106 posts

QUOTE(Ngto @ Oct 22 2019, 07:06 AM)
If want to change, just make sure the offer us still on. It's supposed to be for Malaysia Day promotion, but may have  been extended currently. Normal price is rm 129/- , reduced to 79/- for limited time

So don't take too long to decide.
https://www.lowyat.net/2019/194346/unifi-ai...everyone-price/ - unifi Air Wireless Broadband Now Available To Everyone For RM 79 Per Month - 18 Sep 2019
https://unifi.com.my/personal/home/wireless-broadband

https://unifi.com.my/personal/home/fibre-broadband

The offer is still in effect since reported by the press > 1 month ago(not reported by TM as a promotion) and should be long term. At around the same time, the press also reported the new RM89 per month offer for the Unifi Home Fiber 30Mbps unlimited plan to everyone = no need to hurry to decide, as per above links.

This post has been edited by lurkingaround: Oct 22 2019, 09:38 AM
lurkingaround
post Oct 23 2019, 12:35 AM

Rule of Law
5,106 posts

QUOTE(tai_digidestany)
Hence, looking at the result, it is the modem that forbid my Unifi Air to reach its full potential and DiGi have the best speed either direct or wifi.

In which it makes me think and I really need to have your guys advice here;

a. Which line i need to terminate?

b. Should I get Huawei B618 to replace my current Huawei modem?

Your kind advice is really appreciated.

You got 133Mbps on Digi because it has likely upgraded to 4G LTE-Advanced, not because of modem problem with Unifi Air. Normal 4G LTE gives about 30Mbps only. In Western Europe, 4G LTE-A is very common for the past year or 2.

So, if I were you, I would go with Digi 150 Infinite because Unifi Air cannot make phone calls and TM's 4G LTE coverage is very poor. Mobile hotspot from the Digi phone can be shared with up to about 15 devices.

Digi 4G LTE is on Bands 7/8.

Huawei B525 4G LTE modem-router can also make phone calls with an RJ45 connected home telephone that has key-number-buttons.

This post has been edited by lurkingaround: Oct 23 2019, 12:42 AM
lurkingaround
post Oct 23 2019, 09:31 AM

Rule of Law
5,106 posts

QUOTE(Ngto @ Oct 23 2019, 08:24 AM)
Consider the price also. Digi rm150/- vs Unifi air rm79/-.
Actual costs comparison should be;

(1) Digi 150 Infinite = RM150 per month + price of phone.

(2) Unifi Air = RM79 per month + price of 4G modem-router(= no contract) + a phone plan for about RM30 per month + price of phone.
_______

Actual service comparison is;

(1) Digi 150 Infinite = about 130Mbps + good 4G LTE-A coverage + throttled to 5Mbps when exceeded 1TB of data per month + truly mobile if used with phone, can make voice calls/SMS.

(2) Unifi Air = about 30Mbps + very poor 4G LTE coverage + truly unlimited data + requires AC power wall connection to be mobile, cannot make voice calls/SMS.

Faster download speed is needed if many devices are using the Internet service at the same time, eg 30Mbps can only support 2 devices doing video-streaming at 4k/2160p/UHD at the same time, eg at Netflix.

This post has been edited by lurkingaround: Oct 24 2019, 11:41 AM
lurkingaround
post Oct 31 2019, 04:16 PM

Rule of Law
5,106 posts

QUOTE(tauevo @ Oct 31 2019, 03:45 PM)
Hi guys.. Currently I am using digi infinite 150. Too costly I can say.. And I just got to know there is unifi air.. Can I put it in mobile wifi. I am using e5787. Hopefully all sifu here can ease my mind. Tqvm.
TM Unifi Air 4G LTE coverage is very poor = only got good 3G HSPA+ coverage = about 1.5Mbps only.

Unifi Air = LTE Band 5/38/40. Huawei E5787 4G Mifi modem-router only supports Band 5 = prone to network congestion = slow Mbps speed. Try Huawei B525 4G modem-router = supports Band 5/38/40. You may need to lock the modem to Band 38/40 for better speed and less network congestion.

Digi 150 Infinite can make phone calls, even on certain 4G modem-routers that have a telephone RJ45 jack. Unifi Air cannot make phone calls.

lurkingaround
post Nov 5 2019, 01:44 PM

Rule of Law
5,106 posts

QUOTE(aizamev @ Nov 5 2019, 12:30 PM)
quick question.

will tm capped unifi air speed to 20Mbps as per their advertise?

really happy using unifi air. before this only can stream netflix and youtube up to 1080p while using unifi mobile. now can stream 4k without buffering with unifi air.

if they capped the speed, wonder if still can stream 4k without buffering like now.
Video-streaming in 4k/2160p/UHD requires at least 16Mbps. Double that for live-streaming in 4k, ie 32Mbps required.

Video-streaming in 1080p only requires 2Mbps.

4k is only needed or is visually discernable for large screen TVs of at least 55", computer monitors of at least 21" and VR/AR headsets. Other than that, 4k is a waste of Internet bandwidth.

lurkingaround
post Dec 28 2019, 04:57 PM

Rule of Law
5,106 posts

QUOTE(akuinsan @ Dec 28 2019, 01:05 PM)
unifi mobile really "tumpang" celcom 4g network?
because last weekend I'm at Kuala Rompin Pahang, my Xpax got 4G, but unifi mobile only H+
https://www.soyacincau.com/2019/03/03/tm-un...mobile-4g-mocn/ - Unifi Mobile to increase its 4G coverage by sharing Celcom’s network - By Alexander Wong 8:53 pm, 3 March 2019
While this is a good move to solve the coverage issue, it isn’t clear how this would impact its current plan pricing. Unifi Mobile typically splits its data quota based on 4G and 3G network usage. Whenever there’s an unlimited data offering, Unifi Mobile could only offer it on their 4G network as it would incur more cost to them if there’s more usage via Celcom’s network. We hope TM has negotiated a fair wholesale pricing so that they can do away with the confusing data quota split.
Perhaps, Celcom 4G is not available for unlimited Unifi Mobile phone plans, ie only the much slower 3G/H+ at about 1Mbps is available for unlimited plans.
lurkingaround
post Jan 2 2020, 03:57 PM

Rule of Law
5,106 posts

QUOTE(loversdoll @ Jan 2 2020, 11:51 AM)
Nope. No window update disabled. Pc just formatted 2 days ago. The only software i have using internet is steam and cs go and probably chrome(unless open) . No hidden process at background.

9.2gb before sleep. Pc off, hotspot off.
Woke up on hotspot then this happen.
rclxub.gif drinking Tiger beer rclxub.gif

Maybe, could be an inside-job by TM technical staffs to give free hotspot GB data to their saudara-mara, kawan2 and gang2 or "customers" for side-income, who are using phones with Unifi Mobile, ie not using Unifi Fiber.

During the 1990s, if you know certain TM technical staffs, you could make expensive international calls through the staffs with your TM home telephone by paying just a nominal sum/bribe to the TM staff or belanja makan. The bill for the expensive international call would go to an unsuspecting TM subscriber. Usually, TM would waive the bill after subscriber complained.

Since Streamyx Internet data was unlimited, there were few complaints from TM subscribers even if their Streamyx bandwidth were being stolen by TM technical staffs, except for general complaints by subscribers about slow speed.

With a home-modem-router, you may be able to prevent the stealing of your Internet bandwidth by TM technical staffs by disabling Remote Access in the router. With phones, this may not be possible to prevent.

Seems, such stealing by TM technical staffs has been going on for decades.

That's why government should not do business, eg Proton, MAS and GLC. Her main business is to govern or regulate businesses and society.

rclxub.gif

This post has been edited by lurkingaround: Jan 2 2020, 04:01 PM
lurkingaround
post Jan 2 2020, 08:26 PM

Rule of Law
5,106 posts

QUOTE(abcn1n @ Jan 2 2020, 07:07 PM)
A few years back I just paid TM landline bill every month until one day I checked the bill that TM was charging for calls to East Malaysia and elsewhere (not cheap) every month (traced back for a few months and every month also being charged). Have no idea for how many months/years its been going on. So called up TM and next month onwards, no more charges. (really inside job or else how can this stop immediately). I was stupid then and didn't ask for refund. Ever since that time, every month will check TM bill. And this is 1 bill that I will not pay extra. Too dangerous
rclxub.gif drinking wine rclxub.gif
Yes, I forgot, semi-expensive out-station calls to other states in Malaysia were stolen by TM technical staffs as well.

I personally saw a friend in Sabah making free TM home telephone calls to Hong Kong, where many of his relatives live. He paid the middle-man(= owner of the TM home telephone) just RM5 for the lengthy call. This was in the 1990s, iirc.

The modus operandi seems to be, the TM technical staff or his agent called a random TM home telephone number and stayed quiet or asked for a random pretend name, eg Ali, Muthu or Ah Kau. If the call receiver hanged up the telephone, that was when the stealer dialed a secret code to call an out-station or international IDD number with the bill charged to the unsuspecting call receiver who had just hung up his/her phone.
....... I had a TM Streamyx account from about 2015 to 2018. I used to receive many such silent and pretend calls on my home telephone. I just leave my phone off the hook until the caller hanged up, which might have taken hours before he/she gave up. So, my TM bill never had extra charges for unknown out-station or international numbers.

Mobile phone lines should be immune from such stealing by technical staffs.

rclxub.gif

P S - My above drunken post has just been reported. By TM technical staff.?

This post has been edited by lurkingaround: Jan 2 2020, 08:28 PM
lurkingaround
post Jan 11 2020, 10:30 AM

Rule of Law
5,106 posts

QUOTE(Skylinestar @ Jan 11 2020, 08:58 AM)
What's the difference between Unifi Air and Mobile?
Unifi Air only uses TM's 4G network, which coverage is still quite poor = make sure you are covered before subscribing with contract.

Unifi Mobile uses TM's 4G network and can also use/ride on Celcom's 3G/4G network when there is no 4G coverage by TM. The ride-sharing also depends on your phone plan, eg unlimited phone plans are not allowed by TM to ride on Celcom's 4G network because TM will rugi wang to Celcom. The same should apply to Celcom's 3G network.

Since TM owns the HSBB Fiber network, it can afford to give true unlimited data and/or speed to both Unifi Air and some Unifi Mobile subscribers. Other mobile telcos cannot because they have to pay TM wholesale prices for backend HSBB Fiber data.
lurkingaround
post Jan 30 2020, 11:35 AM

Rule of Law
5,106 posts

QUOTE(pwlow @ Jan 29 2020, 05:15 PM)
B. PROMOTION OFFERING
4. The Promotion includes a mobile plan that comes with non-stop data, call & SMS at RM59 (excluding 6% service tax). Subscribers is encouraged to use Band 5 phone to enjoy the best experience of non-stop data, call & SMS under this promotion. Subscribers are entitled to enjoy free monthly 10GB LTE hotspot within LTE coverage area. This service may not be available at area with no LTE coverage.
5. For Non-Band 5 phone(s), the line may be suspended upon usage exceeding 2000 voice minutes AND/OR 5GB of internet data (at any time within a month) as our plans are optimised for smart phone that support Band 5 and above.
Is that true ? if not using Band 5 will cause the suspended after hit 5GB data ??
QUOTE(OKLY @ Jan 29 2020, 08:05 PM)
It’s a clause giving them the rights to suspend so make sure your phone able to support Band 5.
Why does TM Unifi Mobile limit data on LTE Band 38/2600MHz & Band 40/2300MHz but not on Band 5/850MHz.?
lurkingaround
post Feb 20 2020, 11:13 PM

Rule of Law
5,106 posts

QUOTE(plsharevme @ Feb 19 2020, 01:52 AM)
if unlimted 99 capped at 4Mbps , i will no pay and make a report at skmm and report police , they also nothing can do to us.
QUOTE(MakNok @ Feb 20 2020, 06:03 PM)
Don't play play wor
Nanti no pay mean blacklisted from all Telco...
Can only Prepaid.....

And worse put your name under CTOS...

You sure want to take on the Unifi?
Some years ago, I no pay Maxis for my postpaid 3G modem plan due very slow speed, I only got blacklisted and CTOS by Maxis, ie not by other celcos.(prepaid accounts cannot be blacklisted by celcos) My debt to Maxis was about RM800 because it kept on billing me - Maxis did not take me to court, probably because not worth spending a few thousand RM in lawyer and court fees to recover RM800 from me.
....... CTOS = cannot get bank loans and credit cards = pay cash lor or with debit card/eWallet.

This post has been edited by lurkingaround: Feb 22 2020, 01:51 PM

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0214sec    0.47    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:32 PM