Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

MAE, Maybank Anytime Everyone

views

imPKKer
post Mar 9 2024, 11:46 AM

11 posts

For you who already have Maybank bank account of course useless. For those you don't have any account with Maybank, they can register for MAE e-wallet and then later upgrade to full Maybank bank account (Premier account iirc).
zstan
post Mar 9 2024, 11:53 AM

10k Club
All Stars
15,671 posts

You need to transfer funds into the MAE account before you can use it. it doesn't deduct directly from your savings.
Medufsaid
post Mar 9 2024, 11:54 AM

Regular
1,967 posts

i used to have Maybank2U app (i have an MBB savings acct). all they needed to do was add QR support to it, then it'll just be like an eWallet. instead they retired SecureTAC on Maybank2U and forced us to use MAE.

why make us move to another app to do the same thing?
Ramjade
post Mar 9 2024, 11:54 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
22,200 posts

QUOTE(CommodoreAmiga @ Mar 9 2024, 11:32 AM)
Recently with TNG Ewallet charging users for credit card reload, I have decided to abandon TNG Ewallet unless absolutely necessary (like top up my TNG card). So far I haven't used QrCode for Bank to pay anything, so I have tried it. It's quite convenient and can deduct directly from the account of your choice. There's certainly no point for me reload TNG Wallet  using FPX when I can just pay directly (unless I want that GO+ interests).

But what I don't understand is MAE...I have 50 cents in it for some reason, not sure why. I pay directly from Savings account. Bank ATM card also can use as Debit card. Then what is the purpose of this Maybank MAE???

Tq.
Mobile verification.
CommodoreAmiga
post Mar 9 2024, 11:57 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,268 posts

QUOTE(zstan @ Mar 9 2024, 11:53 AM)
You need to transfer funds into the MAE account before you can use it. it doesn't deduct directly from your savings.
From QRcode can pay with MAE? So I guess it's quite useless as the poster above said, for people who already have savings and current accounts.

Just that Maybank force everyone to go to MAE app, I just keep thinking what is this MAE. Now can't use old app already once you use MAE because they only allow one app to approve transactions.

QUOTE(Medufsaid @ Mar 9 2024, 11:54 AM)
i used to have Maybank2U app (i have an MBB savings acct). all they needed to do was add QR support to it, then it'll just be like an eWallet. instead they retired SecureTAC on Maybank2U and forced us to use MAE.

why make us move to another app to do the same thing?
Exactly, that's why I am confused..other banks just QrCode directly to savings account. This thing is so redundant, unless maybe you don't have a Maybank account.
FarEast92
post Mar 9 2024, 12:03 PM

Getting Started
82 posts

my ewallet I enabled auto-reload...
Seems like no extra charge when it triggers but the amount falls under untransferable balance...
Manual cc reload do mention about the 1% charge...
nexona88
post Mar 9 2024, 12:08 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,840 posts

QUOTE(ifourtos @ Mar 9 2024, 12:02 PM)
write so long
but dont brain.
u go kopitiam
try pay with ur visa debit.

or ask boss bank account number for ur teh ais
So you're saying..

Cash is King???

The only mode of payment accepted in kopitiam??
zstan
post Mar 9 2024, 01:04 PM

10k Club
All Stars
15,671 posts

QUOTE(CommodoreAmiga @ Mar 9 2024, 11:57 AM)
From QRcode can pay with MAE? So I guess it's quite useless as the poster above said, for people who already have savings and current accounts.

Just that Maybank force everyone to go to MAE app, I just keep thinking what is this MAE. Now can't use old app already once you use MAE because they only allow one app to approve transactions.
memang useless. they just trying to compete with e wallet for the sake of it.
adele123
post Mar 9 2024, 03:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,414 posts

Have to give credit to Maybank for trying out different things. I think many may have forgotten but Maybank was the first to push for qr payment. Remember the advertisement where the roti uncle on motorbike was on the poster.

It didn't work out well for Maybank and all it took was COVID + those e wallet that can be reload by credit card made qr payment somewhat mainstream.

Those with Maybank account the MAE wallet is not of much function. Those without savings account can use MAE. Comparing Maybank to other banks qr payment, Maybank is probably the best. I tried rhb, hlb, damn slow.
CommodoreAmiga
post Mar 9 2024, 03:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,268 posts

QUOTE(adele123 @ Mar 9 2024, 03:29 PM)
Have to give credit to Maybank for trying out different things. I think many may have forgotten but Maybank was the first to push for qr payment. Remember the advertisement where the roti uncle on motorbike was on the poster.

It didn't work out well for Maybank and all it took was COVID + those e wallet that can be reload by credit card made qr payment somewhat mainstream.

Those with Maybank account the MAE wallet is not of much function. Those without savings account can use MAE. Comparing Maybank to other banks qr payment, Maybank is probably the best. I tried rhb, hlb, damn slow.
Yes, i agreed. I've tried RHB debit card...transactions won't appear for days, WTH. You won't even know how much you've spent until you forgot about it. Maybank debit from my Savings is instantaneous. Won't use RHB again for sure.
acbc
post Mar 9 2024, 03:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,476 posts

Banks shouldn't do e-wallets as they suck at it big time.
CommodoreAmiga
post Mar 9 2024, 03:45 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,268 posts

QUOTE(acbc @ Mar 9 2024, 03:37 PM)
Banks shouldn't do e-wallets as they suck at it big time.
What's the better e-wallet to use besides TNG? I want to boycott TNG since they charge cc reload. I haven't use Boost or or others. My son's account have a problem with GRAB which can never be fixed, (even stole RM20 from me). I gave up on GRAB.
ClarenceT
post Mar 9 2024, 04:00 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,563 posts

QUOTE(CommodoreAmiga @ Mar 9 2024, 03:45 PM)
What's the better e-wallet to use besides TNG? I want to boycott TNG since they charge cc reload. I haven't use Boost or or others. My son's account have a problem with GRAB which can never be fixed, (even stole RM20 from me). I gave up on GRAB.
No need to use credit card to top up TNG wallet lah. You still can use CASA to top up TNG wallet FOC, just like top up MAE.

MAE doesn't give you an option to top up using credit card, so TNG wallet is better right?

I suggest you get a savings and debit card at GX Bank. 1% cashback for most of the spendings. T&C apply

This post has been edited by ClarenceT: Mar 9 2024, 04:10 PM
vivace11
post Mar 26 2024, 07:21 PM

Getting Started
179 posts

Hi wanna ask that is it just me or anyone else facing this issue.
My MAE cannot Duitnow, only GIRO available. Just now did a transfer from Maybank to my CIMB, but then didn’t receive sms and also the amount didn’t get in. After recheck transaction only realise that the tx might went GIRO just now.
Tried again for new tx just now but only GIRO available, cannot instant transfer.
cybpsych
post Mar 26 2024, 08:38 PM

---------------------
All Stars
62,911 posts

QUOTE(vivace11 @ Mar 26 2024, 07:21 PM)
Hi wanna ask that is it just me or anyone else facing this issue.
My MAE cannot Duitnow, only GIRO available. Just now did a transfer from Maybank to my CIMB, but then didn’t receive sms and also the amount didn’t get in. After recheck transaction only realise that the tx might went GIRO just now.
Tried again for new tx just now but only GIRO available, cannot instant transfer.
yes, occasionally face this when repaying cc.

you might missed the screen indicate ibg when confirming transfer.

kinda dangerous when it's your cc due date or next day is weekend (ouch)
vivace11
post Mar 27 2024, 08:44 AM

Getting Started
179 posts

QUOTE(cybpsych @ Mar 26 2024, 08:38 PM)
yes, occasionally face this when repaying cc.

you might missed the screen indicate ibg when confirming transfer.

kinda dangerous when it's your cc due date or next day is weekend (ouch)
Most likely yes lol because usually it is IBFT, not GIRO. So when I doing the transfer i just click as usual, next time should pay more attention on it. First time having this issue, but luckily not urgent for the amount.

So it’s a MAE glitch huh, such an inconvenience.
ichigo kawasaki
post Yesterday, 03:02 PM

Getting Started
112 posts

WHY I CANT UPDATE via google play - play store, all my outgoing payment is stuck now.

grrr...!!!

anyone face the same thing.. this MAE app from Maybank so fussy to update?
theevilman1909
post Yesterday, 03:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,072 posts

QUOTE(ichigo kawasaki @ Mar 28 2024, 03:02 PM)
WHY I CANT UPDATE via google play - play store, all my outgoing payment is stuck now.

grrr...!!!

anyone face the same thing.. this MAE app from Maybank  so fussy to update?
your phone compatible or not??

the OS is the minimum for the new updates?
jusbella
post Yesterday, 04:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,845 posts

QUOTE(ichigo kawasaki @ Mar 28 2024, 03:02 PM)

grrr...!!!

anyone face the same thing.. this MAE app from Maybank  so fussy to update?
Our minimum requirement to download the app is Android OS v9. 0 and iOS 13.0. You will need to be able to download the MAE app on your device to use Secure2u.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0143sec    0.40    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:19 PM