17 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Virus/Malware Virus /Rootkits Thread, Work In Progress

views

matyrze
post May 18 2009, 12:48 PM

Historical tears
678 posts

Hi guys, please help me. There are some weird process in my task manager.
Attached Image

As you can see, there are some process named BN***.tmp. I've googled it, and maybe it is some sort of spyware.

Story:

My PC got BSOD. After some checking, I thought there may be some virus. So I uninstalled my blacklisted NOD32, and tried to install KIS and NIS. But the installer won't start.

I've scanned my harddisk using my friend's PC, and it found virus in my HDD, and it deleted them. But I still can't intall any AV. When I reonline back, the BN***.tmp files will appear again. How can I delete them altogether?

Thx in advance. notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

Added on May 19, 2009, 12:58 amProblems solved smile.gif

This post has been edited by matyrze: May 19 2009, 12:58 AM
ronzai89
post Jun 4 2009, 01:47 PM

Getting Started
158 posts

QUOTE(matyrze @ May 18 2009, 12:48 PM)
Hi guys, please help me. There are some weird process in my task manager.
Attached Image

As you can see, there are some process named BN***.tmp. I've googled it, and maybe it is some sort of spyware.

Story:

My PC got BSOD. After some checking, I thought there may be some virus. So I uninstalled my blacklisted NOD32, and tried to install KIS and NIS. But the installer won't start.

I've scanned my harddisk using my friend's PC, and it found virus in my HDD, and it deleted them. But I still can't intall any AV. When I reonline back, the BN***.tmp files will appear again. How can I delete them altogether?

Thx in advance. notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

Added on May 19, 2009, 12:58 amProblems solved smile.gif
usually got BSOD shud be virus, spywares. clean up ur PC.
8u8u
post Jun 10 2009, 01:53 PM

Regular
1,249 posts

guys...i hav a problem too...hope u guys can help me solve it out...
i hav a virus in my comp...the virus i think is win32/parite...
anywayz...i cant jus del the virus...cuz my comp wil crash...
so,all sifu at here...what shud i do??
raptor_cZn
post Jun 13 2009, 04:55 PM

Regular
1,403 posts

I am having problems in removing a trojan horse from my comp. AVG detects it as Generic Trojan Horse 10.ALLI but after I click heal for AVG, it still pops up from time to time while using my computer. Do I have to turn off system restore so that AVG can get rid of it properly?

This is my HijackThis log
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by raptor_cZn: Jun 13 2009, 04:56 PM
frequencysaver
post Jun 14 2009, 04:26 PM

26 posts

QUOTE(8u8u @ Jun 10 2009, 01:53 PM)
guys...i hav a problem too...hope u guys can help me solve it out...
i hav a virus in my comp...the virus i think is win32/parite...
anywayz...i cant jus del the virus...cuz my comp wil crash...
so,all sifu at here...what shud i do??
my advise is once you get infected with any spyware / malware / rootkit then the best and safest way is to format hard disk and do a clean fresh install smile.gif this way you are definitely sure you won't leave any traces of the malicious codes behind. but a fresh reformat and reinstall takes a lot of time especially if you have other software installed too like Adobe or Office

I always play safe meaning I have a Windows work computer which is very secure. I won't simply copy files to it from any USB drive or CD and I only surf 100% trusted websites. this computer i will use to access all my confidential data like paypal, liberty reserve, bank accounts & others

But for play play, I have another computer which use Linux to surf those cheap and untrustable websites. because eventhough I am infected, the Linux platform will easily cope with it. some malwares like to infect windows platform but did not manage to infect Linux rolleyes.gif
iceman31
post Jun 14 2009, 04:32 PM

Mewtwotwotwotwo
2,631 posts

hi guys...

i would like to ask... how to clean up virus from pen drive without deleting all the files inside it...

is it possible?? any software?? need to pay for the software also don't mind cuz i got like 10 pen drive need to be clean... without

deleting all the important files inside...
darrenwong
post Jun 14 2009, 07:34 PM

31 posts

QUOTE(iceman31 @ Jun 14 2009, 04:32 PM)
hi guys...

i would like to ask... how to clean up virus from pen drive without deleting all the files inside it...

is it possible?? any software?? need to pay for the software also don't mind cuz i got like 10 pen drive need to be clean... without

deleting all the important files inside...
why don't you try to use effective antivirus software (avira, avast, kaspersky.....) to remove it? free or trial versions of it...just make sure you update their virus signatures/definitions..

This post has been edited by darrenwong: Jun 14 2009, 07:42 PM
iceman31
post Jun 14 2009, 08:15 PM

Mewtwotwotwotwo
2,631 posts

QUOTE(darrenwong @ Jun 14 2009, 07:34 PM)
why don't you try to use effective antivirus software (avira, avast, kaspersky.....) to remove it? free or trial versions of it...just make sure you update their virus signatures/definitions..
er wont is delet the files to??
darrenwong
post Jun 14 2009, 08:42 PM

31 posts

hmm....basically most of the viruses in flash drives wouldn't affect the current files in the drive. they copy another malicious file to the flash drive. i hope those are the viruses which are infected.
iceman31
post Jun 14 2009, 09:10 PM

Mewtwotwotwotwo
2,631 posts

QUOTE(darrenwong @ Jun 14 2009, 08:42 PM)
hmm....basically most of the viruses in flash drives wouldn't affect the current files in the drive. they copy another malicious file to the flash drive. i hope those are the viruses which are infected.
sry... i think wat i ment is... how to clean virus of the pen drive without deleting the files in the pen drive wich is infected...

sry if i have poor english....

This post has been edited by iceman31: Jun 14 2009, 09:11 PM
darrenwong
post Jun 14 2009, 09:34 PM

31 posts

QUOTE(iceman31 @ Jun 14 2009, 09:10 PM)
sry... i think wat i ment is... how to clean virus of the pen drive without deleting the files in the pen drive wich is infected...

sry if i have poor english....
oh...never mind...hmm....you mean actually in the drive there's a virus affecting one or several files for example? and you don't want to delete them?

actually it's possible for antiviruses to clean the virus from the file(s), but with a low chance for the file to be recovered. cause most antiviruses put delete as the main or the only possible action in order to remove the virus from the flash drive.
iceman31
post Jun 14 2009, 11:39 PM

Mewtwotwotwotwo
2,631 posts

QUOTE(darrenwong @ Jun 14 2009, 09:34 PM)
oh...never mind...hmm....you mean actually in the drive there's a virus affecting one or several files for example? and you don't want to delete them?

actually it's possible for antiviruses to clean the virus from the file(s), but with a low chance for the file to be recovered. cause most antiviruses put delete as the main or the only possible action in order to remove the virus from the flash drive.
yup... that's the problem... i keep telling my mum... it will delete the files... she wont believe it because she send the pen drive to a shop... n the shop clean without deleting the files...
darrenwong
post Jun 15 2009, 12:03 AM

31 posts

QUOTE(iceman31 @ Jun 14 2009, 11:39 PM)
yup... that's the problem... i keep telling my mum... it will delete the files... she wont believe it because she send the pen drive to a shop... n the shop clean without deleting the files...
hmmm....actually it really depends on the virus lo...but nowadays almost all common viruses have to be deleted...sadly to say...the thing is...back up your documents if possible...maybe make an extra copy to the hard disk would be the fastest and easiest way which most people do lo... smile.gif
zagary
post Jun 19 2009, 11:12 AM

Getting Started
217 posts

try superantispyware, update the definitions and scan your pc in safe mood. if possible, install clamav in a pendrive and scan from it.
pergilahsayang
post Jun 27 2009, 01:32 PM

Casual
357 posts

Guys,i have some concern with my pc.

3 days ago, my AVG detected trojan backdoor generic11.XY0 in several of my files ( huhu my assignment ) . But what makes me confuse + weird is, i've set AVG to scan my pc once everyday. It detected no virus at all from the day i format my pc ( which is 2 month ago ) until 3 days ago, it detected this virus, although before this it says it was clean. Where does this virus come from? That assignment of mine was not infected and was not use for 4 month. AVG dint tell me it was infected at all untill 3 days ago lol.

Not only that, today i scan one more time, got the same trojan backdoorgeneric11.XY0 infected several of my system volume information. THis is really weird, before this my AVG dint detect this infection before. Why only several days ago detected this trojan ya? Got the feeling that got a loophole in my protection and if this keep up, more of my file will b infected.......

( Anyway, i always downloading file 24 hours from the internet )
spoon2272
post Jun 27 2009, 10:58 PM

Regular
1,079 posts

guys help me when i wanna to log in got loginui.exe error msg have to reboot pc 10+ times then can and some of my programs cant use anymore!!is it a virus or something??help me!! cry.gif cry.gif
nxgame
post Jun 29 2009, 09:49 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

normally this problem is cuse by either is VIRUS or Torjan Worms ~

i would perfer , take your infected HDD to the other PC which is well safe and has a super anti-virus to do a "deep scan" and it will solve the problem .

mucha_wan
post Jul 7 2009, 07:08 PM

Getting Started
84 posts

hi everyone..
since yesterday, my nod32 keep on detecting this Kryptik.VO trojan:
user posted image
nod32 keep on constantly giving the alert but with a different exe name..
example, in the picture is 911311.exe..later on i will get other name like 123456.exe from the same folder (system32)..
ive done scanning the whole computer - but no virus detected!
wtf it is actually??? dangg!!
can anyone help me to solve this problem? icon_question.gif sad.gif

nvm..problem solved after eset emailed me n asked to update the av databse n done full computer scan..
after restart, there is no logger kryptik.VO!!
beware if one of this exe is running on ur computer:
- ngppx.exe
- aceipda.exe
- NOD4CD3.tmp
(im not quite sure abt this one!!)
no wonder when i googling abt ngppx.exe b4, 0 result...

This post has been edited by mucha_wan: Jul 9 2009, 08:58 AM
kingkingyyk
post Jul 23 2009, 12:08 AM

10k Club
Group Icon
Elite
15,425 posts

Easy to prevent pendrive's virus...
If the pendrive is fresh, u can put a folder named autorun.inf in the root of it. When the virus is gonna to copy itself as autorun.inf, it can't because same name!!!! Yeah!
(Do this on harddisks also)(It helps me prevent many time from infecting)

If the pendrive is suspicious, you can google Autorun Preventer and run it.
It will removes autorun.inf file.

This post has been edited by kingkingyyk: Jul 23 2009, 12:09 AM
dopeycheese
post Jul 23 2009, 07:46 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

nid help her, anyone gt any idea how to remove:-

reader_s.exe
1.exe
44.tmp
ms18_word.exe
servises.exe