Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Ceiling Mounted Clothes Hanger / Dryer, HOUM Super Dryer vs Manual Pulley Type

zaFrOoNaLdO
post Yesterday, 06:27 PM

FM fReaK!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(halcyon27 @ Feb 20 2019, 05:16 PM)
You have to be aware of the dimensions....you mention 40cm, a bit narrow at first glance. The product mounting width is one thing. Where the rods suspend from its mounting point could be wider or same width....have to take those into consideration...when it's wound down etc will it be obstructed by whatever that cause it to be only 40cm etc.
i think u misunderstood.. haha..

the 40cm is referring to the wall behind my door, after i open the door..

with HOUM installed at the ceiling, total length space i have is about 180cm, and this machine length is 132cm, but the rod can be extended to 232cm.

after hanging clothes, i can just put the rod back up near the ceiling, so it wont really disturb anything else..
halcyon27
post Yesterday, 07:10 PM

Regular

QUOTE(zaFrOoNaLdO @ Feb 20 2019, 06:27 PM)
i think u misunderstood.. haha..

the 40cm is referring to the wall behind my door, after i open the door..

with HOUM installed at the ceiling, total length space i have is about 180cm, and this machine length is 132cm, but the rod can be extended to 232cm.

after hanging clothes, i can just put the rod back up near the ceiling, so it wont really disturb anything else..
Oh sorry, ok it wasn't made clear initially. Anyhow, sometimes that's easily esolved with a bifold door that folds the other side from the original door as long as the rods clears it when extended. But not an issue since the ceiling mount also can.

This post has been edited by halcyon27: Yesterday, 07:12 PM
zaFrOoNaLdO
post Yesterday, 07:14 PM

FM fReaK!

QUOTE(halcyon27 @ Feb 20 2019, 07:10 PM)
Oh sorry, ok it wasn't made clear initially. Anyhow, sometimes that's easily esolved with a bifold door that folds the other side from the original door as long as the rods clears it when extended. But not an issue since the ceiling mount also can.
yeah, planning to change door to bifold door sometime in the future.. now doing reno for the rest of the house first.

appreciate your input!
halcyon27
post Yesterday, 07:23 PM

Regular

QUOTE(zaFrOoNaLdO @ Feb 20 2019, 07:14 PM)
yeah, planning to change door to bifold door sometime in the future.. now doing reno for the rest of the house first.

appreciate your input!
No worries! Let us know how it turns out and looking forward to your review as there are not many Houm users feedback to be found.

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0513sec    2.89    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st February 2019 - 07:43 PM