https://pictr.com/image/7io2xB
subaiku
post Aug 7 2020, 06:28 PM

Casual
409 posts

QUOTE(teamjoker @ Aug 6 2020, 05:57 PM)
He recommended these.

user posted image
Yeah, pretty much the same message... thing is I've read that many say most are crap. Wondering if anybody has gone through and see which ones really work.
password8431
post Aug 7 2020, 10:13 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

The apps listed comprises a few legendary apps, and a mixture of apps that appeared 2-3 months ago and some recent apps.

I didn't test them, merely recognised the names of apps shared extensively on various platforms.

Usually once the free stuff gets too popular, then the free services ends. Other case is that the person behind the app has moved on with life and stopped updating the apps. Free IPTV is always available, merely require someone dedicated 24/7 to keep their app updated.

As for useability of apps, I think you are referring to controlling and navigation within the apps.

Two years ago, most if not all of these free stuff originated from mobile Android with touch screen navigation. No touch screen, then a mouse will suffice. The apps were not designed for TVbox and using the IR remote with direction pad. Even though, the manufacturer include option to activate mouse cursor with the IR remote, it was always best to use a wireless mouse, airmouse or wireless touch pad.

Those apps that works well without need for mouse cursor are those adapted to Android TV OS in the early days. Kodi being one of many.

Progressively, paid IPTV apps embraced this.

Presently, not just paid apps but a lot of free apps can navigate without the need for mouse cursor. And only recently AstroGo released a beta version that is adapted to directional pad navigation.

As for the apps, if one is not too fussy and doesn't have high expectations for free stuff - then I am pretty sure a few apps collectively will satisfy you. Then there is a question of the apps stability and longevity.

Otherwise, after finding the free stuff isn't up to your expectations, and insists on Astro and Netflix like services - then the next option is to considere paid IPTV. By then if you are still not satisfied, most likely you will already found out various solutions and options and become a TVbox expert yourself :-p . Then you can move on to high end TV boxes.

This post has been edited by password8431: Aug 7 2020, 11:22 PM
filage
post Aug 8 2020, 02:54 PM

Regular
1,205 posts

Can this watch Bigo Live?
subaiku
post Aug 10 2020, 03:45 PM

Casual
409 posts

QUOTE(teamjoker @ Aug 7 2020, 07:14 PM)
I tried all listed. Then I gave up. Not user friendly. Compared to those I saw at the malls, looks so easy to navigate and choose. Not sure which app they are using. Now only use the box for youtube.
Hahaaaa! Thanks! At least I know not to waste my time then. tongue.gif
subaiku
post Aug 11 2020, 08:23 PM

Casual
409 posts

Ok, another noob question, is it possible to connect a Mac formated external drive to the TX3? How to make it detectable?
playerzaki2000
post Aug 16 2020, 10:06 PM

Getting Started
66 posts

Hi, I've been reading up this forum and the mi box s forum for a short while... but i am still unsure of which box to choose as a starter (it's my first box)...

I will mainly use it for
1) unifi tv or hypp tv,
2) YouTube
3) YouTubeKids
4) live tv from the hypptv app or other if available
5) some movies which i already have in my external hard drive

i do see problem arises in the forum with regards to hypptv but i see that updating to the latest version would sove the problem.

if my usage is as the above, is it still okay to choose either the tx3 mini or tx3 or mi box s? can i even ask about the mi box s here? if i cant, i apologize...

i will explore other online streaming methods such as kodi and others once i get the box and get the hypptv running.. dont want to be overexcited when i know peanuts.
StevenL
post Aug 16 2020, 11:59 PM

Enthusiast
732 posts

QUOTE(playerzaki2000 @ Aug 16 2020, 10:06 PM)
Hi, I've been reading up this forum and the mi box s forum for a short while... but i am still unsure of which box to choose as a starter (it's my first box)...

I will mainly use it for
1) unifi tv or hypp tv,
2) YouTube
3) YouTubeKids

i do see problem arises in the forum with regards to hypptv but i see that updating to the latest version would sove the problem.

if my usage is as the above, is it still okay to choose either the tx3 mini or tx3 or mi box s? can i even ask about the mi box s here? if i cant, i apologize...

i will explore other online streaming methods such as kodi and others once i get the box and get the hypptv running.. dont want to be overexcited when i know peanuts.
For unifi aka hypptv, new astro go and perhaps other future media, you gotta go with atv boxes ie MiBox Mecool Nvidia Shield to name a few

Do you want to go thru hassle to constantly update apk just bcos of incompatibility when the provider change or update at their end?

This post has been edited by StevenL: Aug 17 2020, 12:02 AM
password8431
post Aug 17 2020, 07:06 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(playerzaki2000 @ Aug 16 2020, 10:06 PM)

I will mainly use it for
1) unifi tv or hypp tv,
2) YouTube
3) YouTubeKids

Latest hypptv app as in the Unifi PlayTV in Play store that has a Fireball Football on its picture?

You have Unifi account? Or intend to create monthly accounts to enjoy free 1 month Premium usage?

Recently, I received a message on the old official Unifi Playtv app on my mobile indicating, my free to use account is eligible to use the latest app (fireball football). I reckon every one should already migrated to new app. The old official app no longer works and would refer to use the new app on my in phone.

I don't use use Unifi PlayTV much in my Tx3mini. It still works with the old modded app. I will be able to offer help if you can furnish me with more information of your needs. Intend to testout the new app.

At the moment, it seems you priority is Unifi PlayTV, YouTube and later venture to Kodi. There are pros and cons of the 3 boxes you mentioned, budget, software, hardware requirements and ease of use.

Lastly, what are the problems you see arising mentioned in your post? Is it related to migration and app usage rather than box compatibility?

This post has been edited by password8431: Aug 17 2020, 07:19 PM
playerzaki2000
post Aug 18 2020, 02:00 AM

Getting Started
66 posts

QUOTE(StevenL @ Aug 16 2020, 11:59 PM)
For unifi aka hypptv, new astro go and perhaps other future media, you gotta go with atv boxes ie MiBox Mecool Nvidia Shield to name a few

Do you want to go thru hassle to constantly update apk just bcos of incompatibility when the provider change or update at their end?
not sure if its a hassle, if its just redownloading the latest app when needed, i think that would be easy... but if there are more than 5-10 steps just to use unifi tv, that would definitely be a hassle..

but thank you for the suggestion, i will read more on the boxes you mentioned as i know little in this domain...

QUOTE(password8431 @ Aug 17 2020, 07:06 PM)
Latest hypptv app as in the Unifi PlayTV in Play store that has a Fireball Football on its picture?

You have Unifi account? Or intend to create monthly accounts to enjoy free 1 month Premium usage?

Recently, I received a message on the old official Unifi Playtv app on my mobile indicating, my free to use account is eligible to use the latest app (fireball football). I reckon every one should already migrated to new app. The old official app no longer works and would refer to use the new app on my in phone.

I don't use use Unifi PlayTV much in my Tx3mini. It still works with the old modded app. I will be able to offer help if you can furnish me with more information of your needs. Intend to testout the new app.

At the moment, it seems you priority is Unifi PlayTV, YouTube and later venture to Kodi. There are pros and cons of the 3 boxes you mentioned, budget, software, hardware requirements and ease of use.

Lastly, what are the problems you see arising mentioned in your post? Is it related to migration and app usage rather than box compatibility?
i do have unifi at home and i do have a playtv or unifi tv account.. watching it every now and then (the free channels) on ipad and phone smile.gif... and yes its the one with the small firefootball...

yup, for now, priority is playtv and later I'll try to see how i can venture more in maximizing the usage of the box... biggrin.gif

the problems that i saw was like cannot open the playtv, but solved with downloding the latest version or need to download a modded version (if i read correctly)... not sure if there are other problems mentioned...

things like sd quality for netflix or hard to use astrogo is not a priority... just want to get a box for unifitv first, and see what i can do and learn about by tinkering with it...

i am curious though, what do people majorly use the box for? its for streaming with those paid apps like netflix, Hulu, Amazontv and stuff right? is there other things? 🤔😅 (i apologize for my ignorance)

This post has been edited by playerzaki2000: Aug 18 2020, 02:03 AM
subaiku
post Aug 18 2020, 03:58 PM

Casual
409 posts

My TX3 auto starts up after a few minutes after I shut it down. Is there some setting to prevent this? I've tried adjusting some Droid settings.
password8431
post Aug 19 2020, 03:03 AM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(playerzaki2000 @ Aug 18 2020, 02:00 AM)
not sure if its a hassle, if its just redownloading the latest app when needed, i think that would be easy... but if there are more than 5-10 steps just to use unifi tv, that would definitely be a hassle..

but thank you for the suggestion, i will read more on the boxes you mentioned as i know little in this domain...
i do have unifi at home and i do have a playtv or unifi tv account.. watching it every now and then (the free channels) on ipad and phone smile.gif... and yes its the one with the small firefootball...

yup, for now, priority is playtv and later I'll try to see how i can venture more in maximizing the usage of the box... biggrin.gif

the problems that i saw was like cannot open the playtv, but solved with downloding the latest version or need to download a modded version (if i read correctly)... not sure if there are other problems mentioned...

things like sd quality for netflix or hard to use astrogo is not a priority... just want to get a box for unifitv first, and see what i can do and learn about by tinkering with it...

i am curious though, what do people majorly use the box for? its for streaming with those paid apps like netflix, Hulu, Amazontv and stuff right? is there other things? 🤔😅 (i apologize for my ignorance)
Downloaded the latest ver1.3.5 from Playstore within Tx3 mini. And it runs well with my free account with only the few live TV channels. Only small issue of selecting the Favourite channels from Landing page. On handphone portrait, it opens correctly to favourite channels page, on Tx3 mini ( landscape) it opens Profile page instead, and from profile page have to click the Favourite channels there.

Otherwise, no issue with using Unifi Playtv with Tx3 mini with Root Switch Closed. In fact, the app don't need to be modded to use with boxes that has closed root unlike in the old app which has some restrictions requiring mod apk (i.e. WiFi and Root error)

Other boxes which are rooted, will require mod apk downloaded from somewhere and install separately from Playstore. As for Tx3 mini, it is installed directly from Playstore as in my case or other TV box with Android Mobile OS. Not sure if you can find it in MiboxS Android TV OS Playstore.

Latest Mod app available version is only version 1.2.3 from Unifi thread if I am not mistaken. Official Playstore is version 1.3.5.

This app is still very much Mobile OS app requiring Touch screen, but it works flawlessly with a normal mouse with Scoll. The scrolling works well. Using IR remote only with directional pad is not possible, as the app don't recognise the up and down button - it somewhat can register left right ok back, but no indicator where the selection box is on most menu. So even if you intend to use it on MiboxS, mouse or air mouse is required.

The only issue which the app inherited from its predecessor is that the app stops operating when it detects root access during startup. I needed to clear cache, clear app data, close root and login again with username and password. It's predecessor is more aggressive whereby the app runs in the background and check for root.

I can select the max 1.9Mbps picture quality for live channels which should equate to 720p. However the picture seems pixelated to me even on 42" TV. Don't know if this is the same for other boxes or inherent of the app itself and can't be helped.

As for myself, I watch YouTube most, second is AstroGo and third is a couple of VOD apps.
Smart YouTube TV - Ad free - based on YouTube TV app, suitable with IR remote.
Vanced YouTube - Ad free - mod version of YouTube mobile app - suitable with air mouse.

AstroGo is the mainstay of people using Tx3 mini or other boxes which is not rooted or can be unroot, bar MiboxS which currently has issue with the AstroGo mobile version.

VOD apps - I use Newfast which sadly has closed for new registration. It is really like free Netflix with Chinese subs and interface. Other ones are Stremio for P2P VOD of latest flix and TVZion which has regular auto updates. There are a bunch of other renown VOD apps, each their Pros and cons. BeeTV, Cyberflix and lots more. Asian Drama VOD, are also easily available.

Other free IPTV, I do keep a few in the TV box, but only if I find it stable, has dedicated MY section after testing them in my spare phone for a while. Some of them has 18+ channels which are not suitable. Tivimate with manual setting, TeddyTV plus comes to mind. Free IPTV majority originates from Chinese/Taiwan broadcast, so does the free IPTV apps are more Chinese oriented and don't expect subtitles to be in Malay. Mostly these free IPTV apps takes sources that keeps changing every other week. So one has to be diligent to change app as that is how it is being done. The sources are released by the illegal IPTV sellers, in hope of frustrating users to contemplate buying subscription from them instead of the hassle of updating or changing app. This has always been the case with these free IPTV apps that comes with full channels of all major Asian countries TV broadcast.

As for Kodi, if you wish to venture into this - then highly recommended to get 4GB ram Chinese tv boxes excluding MiboxS.

password8431
post Aug 19 2020, 03:09 AM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(subaiku @ Aug 18 2020, 03:58 PM)
My TX3 auto starts up after a few minutes after I shut it down. Is there some setting to prevent this? I've tried adjusting some Droid settings.
Try disable all settings under HDMI CEC.
If the problem is resolved, then you can Google about HDMI CEC and see how your TV or TVs or other HDMI devices interact with each other ( I.e. control one another). Then enable back which ever settings that works for your convenience.

This post has been edited by password8431: Aug 19 2020, 03:13 AM
playerzaki2000
post Aug 19 2020, 03:36 PM

Getting Started
66 posts

QUOTE(password8431 @ Aug 19 2020, 03:03 AM)
Downloaded the latest ver1.3.5 from Playstore within Tx3 mini. And it runs well with my free account with only the few live TV channels. Only small issue of selecting the Favourite channels from Landing page. On handphone portrait, it opens correctly to favourite channels page, on Tx3 mini ( landscape) it opens Profile page instead, and from profile page have to click the Favourite channels there.

Otherwise, no issue with using Unifi Playtv with Tx3 mini with Root Switch Closed. In fact, the app don't need to be modded to use with boxes that has closed root unlike in the old app which has some restrictions requiring mod apk (i.e. WiFi and Root error)

Other boxes which are rooted, will require mod apk downloaded from somewhere and install separately from Playstore. As for Tx3 mini, it is installed directly from Playstore as in my case or other TV box with Android Mobile OS. Not sure if you can find it in MiboxS Android TV OS Playstore.

Latest Mod app available version is only version 1.2.3 from Unifi thread if I am not mistaken. Official Playstore is version 1.3.5.

This app is still very much Mobile OS app requiring Touch screen, but it works flawlessly with a normal mouse with Scoll. The scrolling works well. Using IR remote only with directional pad is not possible, as the app don't recognise the up and down button - it somewhat can register left right ok back, but no indicator where the selection box is on most menu. So even if you intend to use it on MiboxS, mouse or air mouse is required.

The only issue which the app inherited from its predecessor is that the app stops operating when it detects root access during startup. I needed to clear cache, clear app data, close root and login again with username and password.  It's predecessor is more aggressive whereby the app runs in the background and check for root.

I can select the max 1.9Mbps picture quality for live channels which should equate to 720p. However the picture seems pixelated to me even on 42" TV. Don't know if this is the same for other boxes or inherent of the app itself and can't be helped.

As for myself, I watch YouTube most, second is AstroGo and third is a couple of VOD apps.
Smart YouTube TV - Ad free - based on YouTube TV app, suitable with IR remote.
Vanced YouTube - Ad free - mod version of YouTube mobile app - suitable with air mouse.

AstroGo is the mainstay of people using Tx3 mini or other boxes which is not rooted or can be unroot, bar MiboxS which currently has issue with the AstroGo mobile version.

VOD apps - I use Newfast which sadly has closed for new registration. It is really like free Netflix with Chinese subs and interface. Other ones are Stremio for P2P VOD of latest flix and TVZion which has regular auto updates. There are a bunch of other renown VOD apps, each their Pros and cons. BeeTV, Cyberflix and lots more. Asian Drama VOD, are also easily available.

Other free IPTV,  I do keep a few in the TV box, but only if I find it stable, has dedicated MY section after testing them in my spare phone for a while. Some of them has 18+ channels which are not suitable.  Tivimate with manual setting, TeddyTV plus comes to mind. Free IPTV majority originates from Chinese/Taiwan broadcast, so does the free IPTV apps are more Chinese oriented and don't expect subtitles to be in Malay. Mostly these free IPTV apps takes sources that keeps changing every other week. So one has to be diligent to change app as that is how it is being done. The sources are released by the illegal IPTV sellers, in hope of frustrating users to contemplate buying subscription from them instead of the hassle of updating or changing app. This has always been the case with these free IPTV apps that comes with full channels of all major Asian countries TV broadcast.

As for Kodi, if you wish to venture into this - then highly recommended to get 4GB ram Chinese tv boxes excluding MiboxS.
wow.. thank you for the very detailed response... it would really help me on deciding which box to go... i am more inclined on the tx3 as compared to the mibox s...

but I'll try reading stuff on that thread to enhance my understanding before deciding...

either way, this is super informative and very detailed and i thank you for that... cheers.
Rudd
post Aug 19 2020, 05:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,014 posts

can tx3 run android emulator for psp/ps games smootly?
amirul hafizz
post Aug 19 2020, 05:49 PM

Casual
355 posts

[quote=playerzaki2000,Aug 16 2020, 10:06 PM]

I will mainly use it for
1) unifi tv or hypp tv,
2) YouTube
3) YouTubeKids

if you want a budget box, better you choose tx3 mini or tx6. if you need the awesome box, like's google certified better i get mibox s, tivo 4k, nvidia shield pro. bcoz this box have atv google play store. you can install many apps what you likes.
password8431
post Aug 19 2020, 09:19 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(Rudd @ Aug 19 2020, 05:05 PM)
can tx3 run android emulator for psp/ps games smootly?
Don't know about PSP/PS2 games emulator.

But I have heard Tx3 S905X3 works well with RetroArch, a console emulator for SNES, NES, N64, Sega etc. Require a Bluetooth controller to match.
subaiku
post Aug 20 2020, 04:39 PM

Casual
409 posts

QUOTE(password8431 @ Aug 19 2020, 03:09 AM)
Try disable all settings under HDMI CEC.
If the problem is resolved, then you can Google about HDMI CEC and see how your TV or TVs or other HDMI devices interact with each other ( I.e. control one another). Then enable back which ever settings that works for your convenience.
Thanks! This worked! thumbsup.gif
filage
post Aug 23 2020, 11:57 AM

Regular
1,205 posts

Any recommended seller or tvx mini having promotion currently?
password8431
post Aug 23 2020, 04:14 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

QUOTE(playerzaki2000 @ Aug 19 2020, 03:36 PM)
wow.. thank you for the very detailed response... it would really help me on deciding which box to go... i am more inclined on the tx3 as compared to the mibox s...

but I'll try reading stuff on that thread to enhance my understanding before deciding...

either way, this is super informative and very detailed and i thank you for that... cheers.
I remember now, the Unifi TV mod version APK is extracted out from Unifi Plus Box. So This UnifiTV mod apk and the Unifi Play TV mobile version are different apps, one for mobile, one for Android TV OS.

The UnifiTV version is meant for Android TV OS, and thus fully functional with normal remote. However, I believe this app is not available on Android TV Google Playstore, and require to be downloaded and installed separately (do correct me if I am wrong). The person releasing the mod versions can be contacted in telegram group t.me/unifitvmod or unifi TV Mod
https://t.me/s/unifitvmod

That is all I can deliver without a proper Unifi Account to login to the UnifiTV app, the mobile app (fireball icon) merely requires phone number. I will be happy to check it out for you if you pm me your login details, so I could test it on TX3 mini.

Additional information: Since version 1.2.2, UnifiTV app available in Android TV OS Playstore, and can be downloaded directly to Mibox S or Nvidia Shield certified ATV boxes.

This post has been edited by password8431: Aug 23 2020, 08:56 PM

87 Pages « < 66 67 68 69 70 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0202sec    0.53    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:31 PM