Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Movies Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse | Dec 7, 2018, Shameik Moore | Hailee Steinfeld

views

TSdefaultname365
post Dec 5 2018, 12:55 AM, updated 10 months ago

Windows® 8.1 | Xbox 360™ | PlayStation® 4
1,097 posts

Official Site
IMDB
Wikipedia

user posted image

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is a 2018 American computer-animated superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character Miles Morales / Spider-Man, produced by Columbia Pictures and Sony Pictures Animation in association with Marvel, and distributed by Sony Pictures Releasing. It is set in a shared multiverse called the "Spider-Verse", which features different alternate universes. The film is directed by Bob Persichetti, Peter Ramsey, and Rodney Rothman, from a screenplay by Phil Lord and Rothman, and stars Shameik Moore as Morales, alongside Hailee Steinfeld, Mahershala Ali, Jake Johnson, Liev Schreiber, Brian Tyree Henry, Luna Lauren Velez, and Lily Tomlin. In the film, Morales becomes one of many Spider-Men.

Voice cast
Shameik Moore as Miles Morales / Spider-Man
Hailee Steinfeld as Gwen Stacy / Spider-Woman
Mahershala Ali as Aaron Davis / Prowler
Jake Johnson as Peter B. Parker / Spider-Man
Liev Schreiber as Wilson Fisk / Kingpin
Brian Tyree Henry as Jefferson Davis
Luna Lauren Velez as Rio Morales
Lily Tomlin as May Parker

Trailer

Official Soundtrack

user posted image

6so
post Dec 5 2018, 08:55 AM

Getting Started
121 posts

So my wife diabolical plan to ditch me and my monster was bribing us with an advance screening. All I can say this is the one comic book movie that you should watch this year. Forget about T'challa and Mad Titan.

This movie felt very refreshing and willing to explore newer pasture to tell a very comic book story to the big screen. The movie message revolves around the theme that everyone can be a Spider-Man. So stop holding on to the idea that can only be one Peter Parker who is the only Spider-Man allowed to exist in a philosophical manner. So by focusing on Miles Morales you get to watch his hero's journey with the rest of the Spider-Men to be his own definitive hero. The lovable characterization with humour that drives the storyline unlike how MCU employing cheap derivative gags into their storytelling.

All the cameos and supporting characters were given enough time to shine and even the bunch of villains that appearing in the movie. Even Nicholas Cage's Spider-Noir is likable. You can feel the stakes of the heroes facing instead of your usual pandering tropes of an impotent villain. The animation style that mirrors the actual comic book use of word balloons, sound effects, lettering also up your immersion factor to the feeling of reading a funny book.

Overall this is very surprising for me as I never thought Sony can upstage what the mouse house can do. No need to remind me this is not live action but still a far more prevalent Spider-Man story than Homecoming could ever be. Do stick around for a post credit scene that took a jab at the Reddit meme game with a very surprising cameo that may or may not be the path for sequel.
gaeria84
post Dec 5 2018, 10:57 AM

Enthusiast
830 posts

QUOTE(6so @ Dec 5 2018, 08:55 AM)
So my wife diabolical plan to ditch me and my monster was bribing us with an advance screening. All I can say this is the one comic book movie that you should watch this year. Forget about T'challa and Mad Titan.

This movie felt very refreshing and willing to explore newer pasture to tell a very comic book story to the big screen. The movie message revolves around the theme that everyone can be a Spider-Man. So stop holding on to the idea that can only be one Peter Parker who is the only Spider-Man allowed to exist in a philosophical manner. So by focusing on Miles Morales you get to watch his hero's journey with the rest of the Spider-Men to be his own definitive hero. The lovable characterization with humour that drives the storyline unlike how MCU employing cheap derivative gags into their storytelling.

All the cameos and supporting characters were given enough time to shine and even the bunch of villains that appearing in the movie. Even Nicholas Cage's Spider-Noir is likable. You can feel the stakes of the heroes facing instead of your usual pandering tropes of an impotent villain. The animation style that mirrors the actual comic book use of word balloons, sound effects, lettering also up your immersion factor to the feeling of reading a funny book.

Overall this is very surprising for me as I never thought Sony can upstage what the mouse house can do. No need to remind me this is not live action but still a far more prevalent Spider-Man story than Homecoming could ever be. Do stick around for a post credit scene that took a jab at the Reddit meme game with a very surprising cameo that may or may not be the path for sequel.
Written by Phil Lord thumbup.gif
If WB is smart, they should immediately sign him up to write some of the DCEU films (yes, there's probably some bad blood after he and miller left the flash project, but...)

This post has been edited by gaeria84: Dec 5 2018, 11:05 AM
skylinelover
post Dec 5 2018, 01:13 PM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
All Stars
10,509 posts

QUOTE(gaeria84 @ Dec 5 2018, 10:57 AM)
Written by Phil Lord  thumbup.gif
If WB is smart, they should immediately sign him up to write some of the DCEU films (yes, there's probably some bad blood after he and miller left the flash project, but...)

Haha no wonder la

He jump SONY movie became solid while WB DC fakkap laugh.gif doh.gif
6so
post Dec 5 2018, 04:35 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(gaeria84 @ Dec 5 2018, 11:57 AM)
Written by Phil Lord  thumbup.gif
Their Lego Movie Sequel still being released by WB la! Just don't see them in conflict with the studio. Their departure from Flash could be scheduling issue before they were fired from Solo.
QUOTE(skylinelover @ Dec 5 2018, 02:13 PM)
He jump SONY movie became solid while WB DC fakkap laugh.gif doh.gif
Errr...didn't they made 21 & 22 Jumps Street for Sony. They didn't jump any ship lorr!!! As a matter of fact Sony was with them on those Cloudy animated movies before they blew up with 21 Jump Street.
skylinelover
post Dec 7 2018, 07:26 PM

All Stars
10,509 posts

Watched.

Love it hell lots. laugh.gif rclxms.gif Support character also great.

Villain menacing as fk. More menacing than Otto in spiderman video games.

Must watch post-credits also.

Interesting as heck. Hahahaha.
ray148
post Dec 8 2018, 06:17 PM

Casual
445 posts

Can't stop laughing during post credit scene. That was unexpected as hell lol.
:3mushy:3
post Dec 8 2018, 06:20 PM

<--~(--+<[o]>+--)~-->
4,720 posts

The movie is so good, I'm giving it 9/10.
erald06
post Dec 8 2018, 11:02 PM

Getting Started
271 posts

I effing loooovveee the post credit scenes. One of the best laughs I had.
masterelr
post Dec 9 2018, 03:47 AM

Enthusiast
987 posts

That has got to be the funniest post credit scene ever (along with Deadpool 2) and it was long enough for you to continue laughing for a good few seconds.

This post has been edited by masterelr: Dec 9 2018, 03:47 AM
soulseeker6187
post Dec 9 2018, 11:43 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,765 posts

Watched it yesterday.
I rate 9/10.

The story is good. The jokes are fun. Great supporting character.

Dominic Toretto
post Dec 10 2018, 03:05 AM

Getting Started
70 posts

No Supaidaaman and Leopardon. So sad.
+Newbie+
post Dec 11 2018, 01:04 AM

To be needed as The Sand's Kazekage
Group Icon
VIP
3,055 posts

I didn't expect much but man this movie exceeds expectations by a mile.

Awesome movie and lots of tributes to spiderman movies past.

Great story, great humor, good pacing.
G_KeN
post Dec 11 2018, 08:10 PM

~~Cheers love <3~~
1,453 posts

Excellent comic book movie.

minor complaint would be the underdeveloped villain.

but overall its a fun, well paced and funny movie.

solid 8.5/10 from me.
Mov_freak
post Dec 12 2018, 01:01 AM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,723 posts

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018)

In 2015, Sony did something ballsy....

They leased their movie character, Spider-man, back to Marvel/Disney, so the character, technically, not appears in the Marvel Movie universe.

Don't hate me if I got the above wrong...

Now, in term of technicality, they could still do spider-man "universe" characters, just NOT spider-man himself, hence the Venom (2018) movie.

Sony can also do Spider-man, but not live action spider-man movie,, which brings us to this movie.

So now, Sony can profit from everything.

Now, this animated movie is... out of this world.

Let me stay with the animation. Sony manage to creat a VERY distinct looking animation (reminds me of roto-scoping, Scan Darkly and Cell Shady-ing)

It is very distinct and it is VERY effective.

The makers of this movie seems very much in love with Sam Raimi/Tobey Maguire's trilogy of Spidey.

Is Prowler supposed to be Marvel's answer to Todd McFarlane's Spawn (I have been out of the comic universe for a very looooooooooong time)

Great script. Great directing and amazing voice actors (no one particularly famous, but they did a great job)

Lots of surprises for me

I watch two very good movies today...

My Two Sen.

This post has been edited by Mov_freak: Dec 12 2018, 01:01 AM
DDSFan8
post Dec 13 2018, 07:54 PM

Regular
1,276 posts

9.55/10. This movie blew away. I wish they had a 3d version. Would have been great.
DDSFan8
post Dec 13 2018, 07:54 PM

Regular
1,276 posts

The voice actors are popular but not really well known here.

The guy who voiced Peter Parker is the actor from New Girl and Miles Morales is a rapper.

This post has been edited by DDSFan8: Dec 13 2018, 07:57 PM
cooldude17
post Dec 13 2018, 09:34 PM

On my way
693 posts

QUOTE(Mov_freak @ Dec 12 2018, 01:01 AM)
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018)

In 2015, Sony did something ballsy....

They leased their movie character, Spider-man, back to Marvel/Disney, so the character, technically, not appears in the Marvel Movie universe.

Don't hate me if I got the above wrong...

Now, in term of technicality, they could still do spider-man "universe" characters, just NOT spider-man himself, hence the Venom (2018) movie.

Sony can also do Spider-man, but not live action spider-man movie,, which brings us to this movie.

So now, Sony can profit from everything.

Now, this animated movie is... out of this world.

Let me stay with the animation. Sony manage to creat a VERY distinct looking animation (reminds me of roto-scoping, Scan Darkly and Cell Shady-ing)

It is very distinct and it is VERY effective.

The makers of this movie seems very much in love with Sam Raimi/Tobey Maguire's trilogy of Spidey.

Is Prowler supposed to be Marvel's answer to Todd McFarlane's Spawn (I have been out of the comic universe for a very looooooooooong time)

Great script. Great directing and amazing voice actors (no one particularly famous, but they did a great job)

Lots of surprises for me

I watch two very good movies today...

My Two Sen.
This movie really good ? still hesitate about animation movie.
Mov_freak
post Dec 13 2018, 11:43 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,723 posts

QUOTE(cooldude17 @ Dec 13 2018, 09:34 PM)
This movie really good ? still hesitate about animation movie.
It is really good
skylinelover
post Dec 14 2018, 06:24 AM

All Stars
10,509 posts

QUOTE(Mov_freak @ Dec 13 2018, 11:43 PM)
It is really good
In Mov_freak i trust

4 life

laugh.gif

You helped returning back my cinema appetite after a 10 year hiatus

rclxms.gif

My last was nolan dark night while i still fresh student in final year laugh.gif rclxms.gif

Tix in melaka that time like only RM5 midweek and RM10 normal days

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0172sec    0.19    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:13 PM