Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Apple SC gave me a tampered rplcmnt unit, Please advice

views

TSBusquets
post Nov 28 2018, 07:45 AM, updated 6y ago

Casual
463 posts

Guys need some advice here,

Ok, i decided to change my ipx battery bfore my warranty end this month 2 weeks ago. Sent my ipx to my nearest service centre at kk, sabah. Got a whatsapp msg from apple on friday , saying that my replacement unit is ready to be collected. Replacement unit has 3 months warranty.I went and collect on saturday (24th november) without checking bcoz i was in a rush. Reached home and decided to pop up my sim card and to my dismay i noticed there is a dead pixel on the left side of the screen nearby the volume rocker. I went to the service centre again today to return my replacement unit. The technician checked and found out that the unit was tampered (battery tape missing, psa stick to another place). Due to this i cant proceed with the warranty replacement. The service centre asked me to call apple care to escalate this problem. Called apple care and this problem has been delegated to another department. Again leaving me waiting what will be their decision be, either give the green light to replace or not. What is the next course of action should they decides not to replace? This is my first iphone and apprently this is the first time the service centre experience this issue. Really worried, frustrated and confused now.

This post has been edited by Busquets: Nov 28 2018, 08:29 AM
attw
post Nov 28 2018, 07:54 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

You still have the evidence of sending in the phone to the service centre the first time right, i.e. the job sheet, etc.? I think with those documents as proof Apple MY should honor your claim.
TSBusquets
post Nov 28 2018, 08:28 AM

Casual
463 posts

QUOTE(attw @ Nov 28 2018, 07:54 AM)
You still have the evidence of sending in the phone to the service centre the first time right, i.e. the job sheet, etc.? I think with those documents as proof Apple MY should honor your claim.
I only have the SR (Service Report) for the replacement unit and the SR for the tampered replacement unit which is due to be sent to the SC at KL (Pending for Apple decision now, since the correct department has been delegated). But im sure they have all of my records since the first I came to send my ipx for battery replacement. Not sure how would that help though..
westlife
post Nov 28 2018, 08:53 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,298 posts

QUOTE(Busquets @ Nov 28 2018, 08:28 AM)
I only have the SR (Service Report) for the replacement unit and the SR for the tampered replacement unit which is due to be sent to the SC at KL (Pending for Apple decision now, since the correct department has been delegated). But im sure they have all of my records since the first I came to send my ipx for battery replacement. Not sure how would that help though..
Which service centre you actually went to?

This is the bad part of servicing devices in bolehland as there is no official Apple Store here but only their third party authorised dealers. As you know their service standard varies, and this is exactly the worst thing that can happen.
cucubud
post Nov 28 2018, 09:39 AM

Super Moderator
3,067 posts

I wonder after the battery replacement, do they put back the water proof seals.
Anyone tested their iphone water proof is still good after came back from battery change?
hjh87
post Nov 28 2018, 09:56 AM

Enthusiast
773 posts

QUOTE(cucubud @ Nov 28 2018, 09:39 AM)
Anyone tested their iphone water proof is still good after came back from battery change?
Would like to know this as well. And whether anyone done the replacement without factory reset the phone (from Machine Shop)??
TSBusquets
post Nov 28 2018, 10:18 AM

Casual
463 posts

Didnt managed to test this out , since i the replacement is in pristine condition and didnt dare to explore further when i get the dead pixel issue.
attw
post Nov 28 2018, 10:19 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(Busquets @ Nov 28 2018, 08:28 AM)
Well for one, if the service report shows the serial number of the tampered unit then it proves that the device was faulty when returned to you hence the service centre should take full responsibility of not doing initial QC checks before returning to customer.

Now that the issue has been escalated to Apple MY I think they will resolve it amicably for you since they boast a lot on their csat ratings.

This post has been edited by attw: Nov 28 2018, 10:56 AM
TSBusquets
post Nov 28 2018, 10:22 AM

Casual
463 posts

QUOTE(westlife @ Nov 28 2018, 08:53 AM)
Which service centre you actually went to?

This is the bad part of servicing devices in bolehland as there is no official Apple Store here but only their third party authorised dealers. As you know their service standard varies, and this is exactly the worst thing that can happen.
Hey,

I went to this SC : http://www.malaysiaservicecentre.com/phone...ntre-sabah.html

But since they do not have any qualified tech to handle the ipx, so they sent it to KL to handle the issue (battery replacement). The guys at KL decided to send the replacement unit instead of the changing the battery itself

This post has been edited by Busquets: Nov 28 2018, 10:22 AM
cucubud
post Nov 28 2018, 10:31 AM

Super Moderator
3,067 posts

QUOTE(Busquets @ Nov 28 2018, 10:18 AM)
Didnt managed to test this out , since i the replacement is in pristine condition and didnt dare to explore further when i get the dead pixel issue.
Your replacement iphone X looks prestine on the outside but inside are not properly restored.
Even with a dead pixel on the screen, they are prepared to give it to the customer.
I thought their replacement units are all tested thoroughly in the workshop before approved to be sent out.

I hope you can get another replacement unit.
Complain to Apple that the replacement unit has so many flaws.
TSBusquets
post Nov 28 2018, 10:36 AM

Casual
463 posts

QUOTE(attw @ Nov 28 2018, 10:19 AM)
Well for one, if the service report shows the serial number of the tampered unit then it proves that the device was faulty when returned to you hence the service centre should take full responsibility of not doing initial QC checks before returning to customer.
The bolded part is especially on my thought

I didn't check during the pickup because I was told that the replacement unit comes with 3 months warranty

heck, it never came across to my mind that my replacement unit is a tampered unit

When I saw the dead pixel on the replacement unit, I didnt need to worry because of the warranty

QUOTE(attw @ Nov 28 2018, 10:19 AM)
Now that the issue has been escalated to Apple MY I think they will resolve if amicably for you since they boast a lot on their csat ratings.
I really2 hope so, IPX cost me lots of my hard earn money but its a worthy purchase

Now waiting for the SC follow up
TSBusquets
post Nov 28 2018, 10:39 AM

Casual
463 posts

QUOTE(cucubud @ Nov 28 2018, 10:31 AM)
Your replacement iphone X looks prestine on the outside but inside are not properly restored.
Even with a dead pixel on the screen, they are prepared to give it to the customer.
I thought their replacement units are all tested thoroughly in the workshop before approved to be sent out.

I hope you can get another replacement unit.
Complain to Apple that the replacement unit has so many flaws.
This I will do

I won't stop complaining until I get my unit

Starting to regret replacing my IPX battery now, never in my mind, this issue would go out of proportion.

death_nite
post Nov 28 2018, 10:42 AM

Lossless Land...
2,361 posts

QUOTE(hjh87 @ Nov 28 2018, 09:56 AM)
Would like to know this as well. And whether anyone done the replacement without factory reset the phone (from Machine Shop)??
Sadly no.
Once they open it they cant seal it back.
My friend ip got some problem and need to replace some hardware inside. I cant remember what it is.

The staff told him once open they cant seal it so ur ip wont be water proof anymore.
cucubud
post Nov 28 2018, 10:58 AM

Super Moderator
3,067 posts

QUOTE(death_nite @ Nov 28 2018, 10:42 AM)
Sadly no.
Once they open it they cant seal it back.
My friend ip got some problem and need to replace some hardware inside. I cant remember what it is.

The staff told him once open they cant seal it so ur ip wont be water proof anymore.
I guess everyone thought going back to Authorised Service Center for repairs will be done properly with water proof seal installed.
That means all those who sent in their iphones for cheap battery replacement will have their iphones returned without water proof seal.

If that is the case, better keep my iphone in "factory assembled" state.

So, telling people that you have changed your iphone battery at Authorised Service Center means your iphone has no water proof seal.
desreg2913
post Nov 28 2018, 12:19 PM

Regular
1,021 posts

i think if the same service centre, i will make a hard time for them...
louis198920
post Nov 28 2018, 01:39 PM

Casual
459 posts

user posted image

got this reply from Apple Support, not sure what to believe now =/
TSBusquets
post Nov 28 2018, 02:30 PM

Casual
463 posts

QUOTE(louis198920 @ Nov 28 2018, 01:39 PM)
user posted image

got this reply from Apple Support, not sure what to believe now =/
Is this from apple malaysia?
louis198920
post Nov 28 2018, 02:53 PM

Casual
459 posts

QUOTE(Busquets @ Nov 28 2018, 02:30 PM)
Is this from apple malaysia?
I assume so, because I entered chat support page through apple malaysia home page and i entered my details also select malaysia =/
Mackiddo
post Nov 28 2018, 08:53 PM

† St. David †
5,851 posts

the only way to be confident of your iPhone integrity is sending it to Apple Store. just too bad Malaysia do not have one
Ch3n_low
post Nov 28 2018, 09:48 PM

vires in numeris
2,228 posts

QUOTE(Busquets @ Nov 28 2018, 07:45 AM)
Guys need some advice here,

Ok, i decided to change my ipx battery bfore my warranty end this month 2 weeks ago. Sent my ipx to my nearest service centre at kk, sabah. Got a whatsapp msg from apple on friday , saying that my replacement unit is ready to be collected. Replacement unit has 3 months warranty.I went and collect on saturday (24th november) without checking bcoz i was in a rush. Reached home and decided to pop up my sim card and to my dismay i noticed there is a dead pixel on the left side of the screen nearby the volume rocker. I went to the service centre again today to return my replacement unit. The technician checked and found out that the unit was tampered (battery tape missing, psa stick to another place). Due to this i cant proceed with the warranty replacement. The service centre asked me to call apple care to escalate this problem. Called apple care and this problem has been delegated to another department. Again leaving me waiting what will be their decision be, either give the green light to replace or not. What is the next course of action should they decides not to replace? This is my first iphone and apprently this is the first time the service centre experience this issue. Really worried, frustrated and confused now.
Why do you want to change your battery?

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0179sec    0.17    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:54 AM