3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

City of Elmina by Sime Darby v3, Part of Selangor Vision City

views

Clueless07
post Jan 15 2019, 04:11 PM

Regular
1,033 posts

i think that would be Subang 2 and Subang bestari.
yes- chinese restaurant and coffee shop is there. They are ok but the entire environment is pretty sad. The area is not properly lit, debris every where. a number of abandon vehicle and the grass is long/drain is clogged.

it is like the town council abandon this area.
Clueless07
post Jan 15 2019, 10:51 PM

Regular
1,033 posts

Yup. I am aware of Full House cafe and been there before
The shop is nice. ....but tat is about all.

Is that anymore?

dont get me wrong- i stay not far away and do hope for more good places/choices.
Do share if there are more.

and also- my statement is about the road/drain/park etc.

Denai alam itself is nice, being new township.... Subang Bestari is not.

This post has been edited by Clueless07: Jan 16 2019, 09:28 AM
Clueless07
post Apr 26 2019, 10:49 AM

Regular
1,033 posts

hahaha... where still got BBB these days?
but again... Denai and Elmina take up rate has been high this while- noting the unit launch is rather limited
Clueless07
post May 7 2019, 12:16 PM

Regular
1,033 posts

QUOTE(Spawny @ May 5 2019, 03:51 PM)
EV5, cause it will closer to the exit point of Dash and also to Denai Alam which has more commercial shops.
And also closer to the forest reserved, so I would say they save the best for last IMHO
errr... what you say it is last yeah?
no more landed launch from elmina? i would thought it is a huge development?
Clueless07
post May 7 2019, 01:52 PM

Regular
1,033 posts

oooo... have last phase for EV, then there will be EW, EX, EY and EZ.
it is a huge town ship as we may see.

Clueless07
post May 10 2019, 10:11 AM

Regular
1,033 posts

The irony.... waiting for action of District land office.
oh which the land office is also located at the same road!
Gosh... this is Malaysia.
Clueless07
post Nov 19 2019, 02:34 PM

Regular
1,033 posts

QUOTE(Spawny @ Nov 19 2019, 12:53 AM)
The same lady has been posting for all Sime Darby post on social media about the quality in Elmina Garden, but lets just think rational about it.

She is comparing SD with Eco and Gamuda which are strata titles, the reason why they are having clean and beautiful landscape is because of the maintenance paid by the owners which is easily 500 bucks and above depending on unit.

Second, individual title homes or area are managed and maintained by the majlis pembandaran of that area, so if they are not doing job you need to call them in.

Her logic was that SD will maintain the area even after they VPed the house, i think in order for your place to be clean and fixed, a good RA community is a must.
Well... it isnt wrong for her to compare right? SD price their property similar to Gamuda.
i see 2 parts of her complain
- first is the house quality. i dont have much details of this.
- second is the surrounding road, parks etc.....

for this- as posted earlier it is really sub-par. Lalang over grown everywhere, pot holes here and there,
contractor cutting the road and walk pavement and do a bad job to cover it back.

yeah- it is probably handed over to town council.... but i would thought more could be done rather than wash hand like this. this is in the midst of more phases being launch also no effort to care and make good. What more when most property is sold off ?
If it is hard for developer to make good and improve on this.... it will be 10X harder for the RA to take the effort.
We do see responsible developer like Gamuda, Sunway, and IJM continue to care and make good of the surrounding area, even after hand over to town coucil even it is not strata title.

Clueless07
post Jan 17 2020, 02:27 PM

Regular
1,033 posts

The shops in Denai alam VP like 5 years liao.
The shops in Bukit Jeluton is like 20 years liao.

some area the commercial will simply not boom.
Clueless07
post Nov 19 2021, 11:27 PM

Regular
1,033 posts

QUOTE(Ogosh @ Nov 17 2021, 09:52 AM)
Why is it so hard for us to have nice things. Can't brain these people's attitude. In google review, it was reviewed as 'great hang out place' and 'new attraction'. I until now don't even have a picture there yet though passed it thousands time already.

The EV community made complain to SDP and MBSA already for enforcement. See what they can do but not putting high hope.
Well. Due to Malaysia civic mind set gua.
Ain’t SDP fault right- it is public area so they can control anything.

MBSA also don’t really have enforcement. At most u can hope they can clans clean up rubbish next day.

This town ship is nice place, but the surround area outside Denai n Elmina macam… errr
Clueless07
post Nov 24 2021, 08:44 PM

Regular
1,033 posts

QUOTE(Spawny @ Nov 24 2021, 09:58 AM)
The only thing that MBSA can do is to chase away the food trucks and vendors as its not a place for business and they have no license to operate in that area.

I guess all those insta and tik tok about the rainbow bridge has cause it to grew in popularity, but didn't know it will grow this much within this month or so..

I do agree that the township is a nice place to stay, all the EV phases are mostly gated and guarded compared to other places so that is still a plus.
Well- u know Malaysia.
MBSA Romani beautiful boy can you help me try you counting they put numbers in a trywill let small trader earn a living la.
Unless some one complain kaw kaw, and got media attention.

As for this township- I still feel it is rather remote ( further than Bukit Jelutong in certain way), the exit is via airport road-ara damansara, or via GCE to NKVE? Both are not ideal.
DASH once complete will help a little

The lack of commercial also killing. Yes shops being built but looking at Denai- we can more or less expect what sort of tenants it attracts.
Clueless07
post Nov 25 2021, 01:04 PM

Regular
1,033 posts

DASH has interchange at GCE - not far from Elmina- I guess should be ok

Though- all the exit points don't seems to be too useful- unless you wanna go KL via Penchala link.
for those want to go PJ still need to use the KD area and we know the traffic there hasn't been kind as well

PS: they do have a good variety of selection. Some say expensive- but I would call it decent price with good town planning ( green, road etc) .
though, it still fall out of my consideration due to above mentioned 2 issue.

Clueless07
post Nov 25 2021, 05:30 PM

Regular
1,033 posts

QUOTE(ha_ha_ha @ Nov 25 2021, 02:41 PM)
I think the DASH interchange at GCE that you're talking about is the outbound from KL toward Bkt Jelutong (southbound of GCE). So if you exit there and want to go to Elmina, you will need to pay GCE toll and make a u-turn at Bkt Jelutong..how is that helpful.. laugh.gif There are no direct inbound at all from Elmina's GCE.
u sure about tat? i doubt so le- that is very poor and cut throat planning liao.
i stay nearby- and cycle at GCE so will check it out.
Clueless07
post Nov 25 2021, 07:17 PM

Regular
1,033 posts

How is the progress ?
DASH website says 90 + % leh.

Clueless07
post Nov 27 2021, 05:16 PM

Regular
1,033 posts

oh damn! malaysia boleh
Clueless07
post Nov 27 2021, 05:19 PM

Regular
1,033 posts

QUOTE(MalcomShorten @ Nov 27 2021, 11:10 AM)
I wonderr if the city of Elmina could become the new Subang Jaya?
why do you wonder so?

i would say not a chance.

2 things Subang Jaya has-
location being central
lots of commercial

elmina have none of this. Even Setia Alam and KK (which is way ahead of Elmina and denai) also not able to match Subang Jaya a
Clueless07
post Nov 29 2021, 09:52 AM

Regular
1,033 posts

u mean like having number of houses, shoplots and offices?

like that can.... Elmina-DA sure can.

So is many other places - even puncak alam,Serinia city also can.
Clueless07
post Nov 29 2021, 10:53 AM

Regular
1,033 posts

typically this can be solved with water-proofing using membrane ( and blow torch?)- the contractor which do so need to be skill full on tackling it.
Clueless07
post Dec 4 2021, 08:30 AM

Regular
1,033 posts

Type A is 1600 sqft only with 3b 3r

Isn’t it pricey? Or it is standard now?
Clueless07
post Feb 4 2022, 09:02 PM

Regular
1,033 posts

Ilham is strata GnG?
Club house n other facilities that is why demand such high price psf ?

Clueless07
post Feb 8 2022, 02:08 PM

Regular
1,033 posts

QUOTE(PAChamp @ Feb 8 2022, 12:25 PM)
Actually, the area where i consider to be the "center" is Bandar Utama/ Damansara Perdana/ Damansara Uptown as I stay very near there and all my social activities/friends/family are there. That's why Elmina is more attractive to me than Semenyih. I will still be going to the "center" after i stop work. If i have budget, i will buy in PJ area but now i think i will need at least 1 mil to 1.5 mil to get a landed freehold there (inclusive renovation costs). For new projects Elmina seems to be the best choice. However now wife having second thoughts...

BTW I hope i am not being offensive here but does anyone know what is the racial make up of Elmina Gardens residents? I know about the 50% bumi quota but since it is freehold, bumi buyers can sell to non-bumis so the racial make up can change...
I would say approx 70% bumi, at least.
near by Bukit Jelutong is near to 85%.

on the plan noise, I stay near to Monterez, yes occasionally the noise is there. but somehow got used to it and don't alarm anymore.
if concern about noise, the whole ara damansara/saujana would be affected as well.

anyway- I am looking for property as well.... each person center could be different eh.
my social activities would be Subang/ SS2/DJ/DU too.....
fortunate, or unfortunate... new landed house seems Elmina is the nearest.

other options would be Setia Alam, Rimbayu? Gamuda garden which is still a long distant away.
Elimina though it is nearer.... still have accessibility issue. DASH is there but only via Mutiara damansara to go home? that area is also know as jam-packed.
not to mentioned need to go subang perdana to enter dash.

further more it is still lack of commercial. will it bloom? we can be hopeful but making Denai Alam shoplots as example- is this a commercial square which you really like to go?
the nearby one is Subang Bestari/Subang Perdana - of which somehow it just run-down and the road and landscape is poorly maintained.

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0179sec    0.27    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 8th December 2022 - 09:46 PM