Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Pregnant woman supplements, What are u ladies consuming?

views

TSg r a p e k e y
post Oct 12 2018, 11:21 PM, updated 6y ago

Casual
483 posts

Hi everyone

Let's share what health supplements are we consuming daily for ourselves and our baby.

I started on Anmum (Materna) daily

I have a few Similac and Enfamama A+ satches haven't drink yet

I'm consuming my regular EPO daily (3 pills a day)

Folic acid for baby

Similac Pramilet (multivitamin & minerals with folic acid) for baby

and Calcium Lactate for baby

What about you? Thanks for sharing 😊

lowlowc
post Oct 13 2018, 08:03 AM

Enthusiast
918 posts

QUOTE(g r a p e k e y @ Oct 12 2018, 11:21 PM)
Hi everyone

Let's share what health supplements are we consuming daily for ourselves and our baby.

I have a few Similac and Enfamama A+  satches haven't drink yet

Folic acid for baby

Was EPO recommended by your gynae?

I am on Blacksmore Pregnancy & Breastfeeding supp and Obical.

Have a lot of mama milk formula samples at home but since pregnancy, drinking milk makes me feel nauseated.

TSg r a p e k e y
post Oct 13 2018, 09:45 AM

Casual
483 posts

QUOTE(lowlowc @ Oct 13 2018, 08:03 AM)
Was EPO recommended by your gynae?

I am on Blacksmore Pregnancy & Breastfeeding supp and Obical.

Have a lot of mama milk formula samples at home but since pregnancy, drinking milk makes me feel nauseated.
Dr did not specifically recommend EPO, but when I asked if I should stop consuming EPO by Blackmores, Dr said no problem to consume EPO as it is good for women's health and it doesn't have any bad side effect for both mother and baby.

Blackmores' Pregnancy & Breastfeeding is recommended by your gynae?

Where are u delivering your baby? already know the gender? 😊

Try to avoid fried food. When I eat fried stuffs, I tend to feel slightly nauseous.

Recently I changed my diet to steaming food for dinner. I will put tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, ginger, onions, either one small fish/or one drumstick and three soup spoon of rice into the rice cooker and choose porridge option. And on another pot, I boil some green vegetables for 1 or 2 mins.

I didn't add any other seasoning and it taste so delicious. So far the only discomfort I feel is sleeping with a blooted tummy. Kinda need to be careful of my sleeping positions nowadays.

Also, I have not bought any meternity clothes as my tummy is still small. A forummer here mentioned about his wife visit Uniqlo for meternity clothes but I check out the prices on their website and it's quite costly to me (avg. RM129 /leggings)

I found motherhood website offers slightly reasonable price but I'm unsure the quality of material.

Also, just for your reference, I look up the OKBB Disney series for baby wear. Price quite reasonable. Example, a Winnie the Pool pajamas set at only RM10 /set

And Disney's Winnie the Pool baby's cot accessories also quite reasonable. Check out OKBB website for more choices.

If anyone here know of any other online sites to share, feel free to exchange reference 😊

I'm still hesitating if I should go for the blood test at RM1,600 end of this month. The Detailed Scan would cost me RM250.

lowlowc
post Oct 13 2018, 10:33 AM

Enthusiast
918 posts

QUOTE(g r a p e k e y @ Oct 13 2018, 09:45 AM)
Dr did not specifically recommend EPO, but when I asked if I should stop consuming EPO by Blackmores, Dr said no problem to consume EPO as it is good for women's health and it doesn't have any bad side effect for both mother and baby.

Try to avoid fried food. When I eat fried stuffs, I tend to feel slightly nauseous.

Recently I changed my diet to steaming food for dinner. I will put tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, ginger, onions, either one small fish/or one drumstick and three soup spoon of rice into the rice cooker and choose porridge option. And on another pot, I boil some green vegetables for 1 or 2 mins.

I didn't add any other seasoning and it taste so delicious. So far the only discomfort I feel is sleeping with a blooted tummy. Kinda need to be careful of my sleeping positions nowadays.

Also, I have not bought any meternity clothes as my tummy is still small. A forummer here mentioned about his wife visit Uniqlo for meternity clothes but I check out the prices on their website and it's quite costly to me (avg. RM129 /leggings)

I found motherhood website offers slightly reasonable price but I'm unsure the quality of material.

Also, just for your reference, I look up the OKBB Disney series for baby wear. Price quite reasonable. Example, a Winnie the Pool pajamas set at only RM10 /set

And Disney's Winnie the Pool baby's cot accessories also quite reasonable. Check out OKBB website for more choices.

If anyone here know of any other online sites to share, feel free to exchange reference 😊

I'm still hesitating if I should go for the blood test at RM1,600 end of this month. The Detailed Scan would cost me RM250.
Actually doctor says i can eat any brand multivitamin. I was using Solaray multivitamin but a bit worried when i see it has quite a lot vit a and also contain alfafa (herbs not proven safe or not safe for preggie) so i changed to blacksmore pregnancy & breastfeeding.

Yup i know the gender through the blood test since i am worried - i am over 35 and i have a cousin born with down syndrome. You can consider not to do this blood test if you are not over 35 and no history in your family. My edd is feb19.

So far i ve only bought maternity jeans from h&m during promo but also cost about rm100. Both h&m and uniqlo maternity range quite similiar. Lookout for promotion, sometimes uniqlo maternity jeans/pants sells for rm99. I am planning to go buy plenty of legging during baby fair. If not mistaken rm30 can get a legging already.

This post has been edited by lowlowc: Oct 13 2018, 10:43 AM
idobez
post Oct 17 2018, 04:35 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

Hi everyone

I have a few Similac and Enfamama A+  satches haven't drink yet

Folic acid for baby

Mine was quite simple.

A glass of Anmum Materna (Chocolate flavour, cannot stand original) in the morning

A tablet of Obimin per day

That's it.
anonymous angmo
post Nov 8 2018, 10:35 AM

38 posts

When we went to our first prenatal checkup, the doctor told us that in the first 3 months, just taking folic acid is enough. she said 3 months onward start taking more supplements (she didn't tell which ones just yet).
She also said something else that's interesting, she said if you can't remember if you already took 1 pill of Folic Acid, just take another one. She said it's hard to overdose so it's better to take 2 pills a day by mistake, than take 0 pills.

TSg r a p e k e y
post Nov 9 2018, 08:46 AM

Casual
483 posts

QUOTE(anonymous angmo @ Nov 8 2018, 10:35 AM)
When we went to our first prenatal checkup, the doctor told us that in the first 3 months, just taking folic acid is enough. she said 3 months onward start taking more supplements (she didn't tell which ones just yet).
She also said something else that's interesting, she said if you can't remember if you already took 1 pill of Folic Acid, just take another one. She said it's hard to overdose so it's better to take 2 pills a day by mistake, than take 0 pills.
Thanks for the advice. I forgot to take a few times

Now I'm on a different supplements such as

1. Obical (Calcium supplement enriched with Magnesium, Phosphorus, Vitamin D1, and FOS (fructo Oligosaccharide)

2. Obimin Pluz (pre and post natal vitamins minerals with fish oil)

3. Folic Acid - continuedwith this supplement

This post has been edited by g r a p e k e y: Nov 9 2018, 08:50 AM
neenee
post Nov 9 2018, 03:21 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(g r a p e k e y @ Oct 13 2018, 09:45 AM)

If above 35yo, advisable to take the blood test smile.gif

Mine are folic acid, similar pramilet multivitamin, neurogain fish oil, caltrate 600+D

Maternity clothes - Most of the time I wear legging. Bottom part legging or low waist pants. I think I only bought one maternity shirt pants from Jusco only. So didn’t really spend a lot on buying maternity clothes. But I bought many bras , Size changing every quarter πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ
lowlowc
post Nov 9 2018, 03:26 PM

Enthusiast
918 posts

QUOTE(neenee @ Nov 9 2018, 03:21 PM)

Mine are folic acid, similar pramilet multivitamin, neurogain fish oil, caltrate 600+D

Maternity clothes - Most of the time I wear legging. Bottom part legging or low waist pants. I think I only bought one maternity shirt pants from Jusco only. So didn’t really spend a lot on buying maternity clothes. But I bought many bras , SizeΒ  changing every quarter πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ
Bra is my worst nightmare. Need to constantly buy new one. Very wasting considering only gets to wear them for a month or two, then change size again. Unlike maternity pants, I think still can wear after maternity for extra comfort.

BTW, now I have to drink plenty of Enfamama and Anmum. My doctor usually don't encourage people drinking these a lot, but she asked me to drink more to put on more weight.

This post has been edited by lowlowc: Nov 9 2018, 03:40 PM
neenee
post Nov 10 2018, 08:19 AM

32 posts

QUOTE(lowlowc @ Nov 9 2018, 03:26 PM)
Bra is my worst nightmare. Need to constantly buy new one. Very wasting considering only gets to wear them for a month or two, then change size again. Unlike maternity pants, I think still can wear after maternity for extra comfort.

BTW, now I have to drink plenty of Enfamama and Anmum. My doctor usually don't encourage people drinking these a lot, but she asked me to drink more to put on more weight.
Put on more weight for urself? I avoid drinking these cause it’s sweet and I want to control mine and my baby β€˜s weight. If baby is too big, doc said very difficult for natural birth. Further I have gestational diabetes too, so I really control my diet a lot πŸ™‚.
TSg r a p e k e y
post Nov 10 2018, 11:03 AM

Casual
483 posts

QUOTE(neenee @ Nov 9 2018, 03:21 PM)

Maternity clothes - Most of the time I wear legging. Bottom part legging or low waist pants. I think I only bought one maternity shirt pants from Jusco only. So didn’t really spend a lot on buying maternity clothes. But I bought many bras , Size  changing every quarter πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ
Interesting. Where did you buy your leggings? I can't seems to find any nice ones than my old legging from Primark. I only have one piece and bought it many years ago for 6 pound.

Lol you bought many bras. Mine still ok πŸ˜…

Are all your supplements recommended by Dr during check up?

I visited my gynae 3 times so far from end of Sept.

lowlowc
post Nov 10 2018, 08:32 PM

Enthusiast
918 posts

QUOTE(neenee @ Nov 10 2018, 08:19 AM)
Put on more weight for urself? I avoid drinking these cause it’s sweet and I want to control mine and my baby β€˜s weight. If baby is too big, doc said very difficult for natural birth. Further I have gestational diabetes too, so I really control my diet a lot πŸ™‚.
For both me and baby. My baby is below 10th percentile compared to others. Means if there's 100 babies that are in same gestational age as mine, there are 90 of them that are bigger and taller than my baby. Doctor said my baby is S sized petite baby. cry.gif As for me, I was advised to put on more weight too cause I am below average too. A bit awkward when talk to other mummies (while waiting for doctor) and they're suddenly saying, "So you're about 3 months right?" I was like no..... I am already in third trimester. Then awkward silence..... unsure.gif

My friend who gained too much during pregnancy was advised to avoid carbs - rice, noodles, biscuit and bread. I don't know if this will help you, but try to aim for more lean meat and less starchy vege. Avoid sweet stuff and high sugar fruits.

This post has been edited by lowlowc: Nov 10 2018, 08:35 PM
TSg r a p e k e y
post Nov 10 2018, 09:01 PM

Casual
483 posts

QUOTE(lowlowc @ Nov 10 2018, 08:32 PM)
For both me and baby. My baby is below 10th percentile compared to others. Means if there's 100 babies that are in same gestational age as mine, there are 90 of them that are bigger and taller than my baby.  Doctor said my baby is S sized petite baby.  cry.gif  As for me, I was advised to put on more weight too cause I am below average too. A bit awkward when talk to other mummies (while waiting for doctor) and they're suddenly saying, "So you're about 3 months right?" I was like no..... I am already in third trimester. Then awkward silence.....  unsure.gif

My friend who gained too much during pregnancy was advised to avoid carbs - rice, noodles, biscuit and bread. I don't know if this will help you, but try to aim for more lean meat and less starchy vege. Avoid sweet stuff and high sugar fruits.
I only knew today that pregnant can't eat watermelon πŸ˜…. Are you mothers to be aware?

I only remember my gynae said no to pineapples.

What are u all eating to keep baby healthy?

I started on eating everything steamed for dinner. Eg. Steam fish/chicken, veg, carrots, tomatoes, potatoes and sometimes add ginger or sweet potatoes. Never add any seasoning, just steam them plain and it's quite tasty...and 2 to 3 spoon of rice... I think should be quite healthy , unless anyone here can pls share other nutritious recipe which are easy to make?

lowlowc
post Nov 12 2018, 08:57 PM

Enthusiast
918 posts

QUOTE(g r a p e k e y @ Nov 10 2018, 09:01 PM)
I only knew today that pregnant can't eat watermelon πŸ˜…. Are you mothers to be aware?

I only remember my gynae said no to pineapples.

What are u all eating to keep baby healthy?

I started on eating everything steamed for dinner. Eg. Steam fish/chicken, veg, carrots, tomatoes, potatoes and sometimes add ginger or sweet potatoes. Never add any seasoning, just steam them plain and it's quite tasty...and 2 to 3 spoon of rice... I think should be quite healthy , unless anyone here can pls share other nutritious recipe which are easy to make?
Watermelon cannot? I even ate pineapple in my first trimester, my gynae said no problem as long as eat in moderation. It's the only fruit I was able to eat in first trimester without vomiting. Pineapple can cause miscarriage IF you eat plenty, like 7 or 8 whole pineapples in a day. No way I am eating that much.

The only thing about eating fruits is make sure you buy the fruit whole, properly washed, peeled and cut with own clean knife. Outside cut fruit might be contaminated due to exposure and dirty knife.

This post has been edited by lowlowc: Nov 12 2018, 08:58 PM
TSg r a p e k e y
post Nov 13 2018, 12:14 AM

Casual
483 posts

QUOTE(lowlowc @ Nov 12 2018, 08:57 PM)
Watermelon cannot? I even ate pineapple in my first trimester, my gynae said no problem as long as eat in moderation. It's the only fruit I was able to eat in first trimester without vomiting. Pineapple can cause miscarriage IF you eat plenty, like 7 or 8 whole pineapples in a day. No way I am eating that much.

The only thing about eating fruits is make sure you buy the fruit whole, properly washed, peeled and cut with own clean knife. Outside cut fruit might be contaminated due to exposure and dirty knife.
Yup, apparently it's a norm thing watermelon cannot eat. I just knew it last Saturday.

I've been eating nasi lemak every morning (ever since pregnant suddenly the need to eat breakfast)

Is nasi lemak ok to eat daily?

I usually don't eat or at most eat bread or cereal with milk

Princess_Alicia
post Nov 19 2018, 09:42 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(g r a p e k e y @ Nov 13 2018, 12:14 AM)
Yup, apparently it's a norm thing watermelon cannot eat. I just knew it last Saturday.

I've been eating nasi lemak every morning (ever since pregnant suddenly the need to eat breakfast)

Is nasi lemak ok to eat daily?

I usually don't eat or at most eat bread or cereal with milk
Hey, I don’t think eating nasi lemak is healthy if you take it everyday. The urge to eat is highly due to your body response to keep energy and provide warmth to the baby.

Anyway, glad to hear you are pregnant =)
joeylny
post Dec 3 2018, 12:32 PM

On my way
554 posts

Hi everyone

I have a few Similac and Enfamama A+Β  satches haven't drink yet

Folic acid for baby

My daily supplements

Before conceive
1) Folic acid (can get from any pharmacy)

6-8 weeks
1) Folic Acid
2) Elevit Prenatal MultiVitamins

8 weeks onwards
1) Elevit Prenatal MultiVitamins
2) DHA for pregnancy by Bio Island (algae base)
3) Probiotics for pregnancy & breastfeeding by Life Space
4) Total Calcium Magnesium + D3 by Blackmores

This post has been edited by joeylny: Dec 23 2018, 03:59 PM
stormaker
post Dec 3 2018, 04:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,086 posts

May I know where can we buy Elevit Pregnancy Multivitamin ? Its better than New Obimin right ?

My wife 8 weeks pregnant now and been drinking Frisomum gold twice a day + Appeton Folic Acid 400mcg. When should start to take multivitamin ?

Thanks !

This post has been edited by stormaker: Dec 3 2018, 04:19 PM
lowlowc
post Dec 4 2018, 10:12 AM

Enthusiast
918 posts

Recently I finished my prenatal vitamin and no time to go out to buy (pharmacy in my area don't have stock), so I took Obimin Plus (a sample I got from babycare class). Didn't suit me, I felt so nauseated after eating it.

QUOTE(stormaker @ Dec 3 2018, 04:18 PM)
May I know where can we buy Elevit Pregnancy Multivitamin ? Its better than New Obimin right ?

My wife 8 weeks pregnant now and been drinking Frisomum gold twice a day + Appeton Folic Acid 400mcg. When should start to take multivitamin ?

Thanks !
My doctor started asking me to take multivitamin after Week 12 and no longer emphasize on folic acid.

This post has been edited by lowlowc: Dec 4 2018, 10:25 AM
stormaker
post Dec 4 2018, 10:28 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,086 posts

QUOTE(lowlowc @ Dec 4 2018, 10:12 AM)
Recently I finished my prenatal vitamin and no time to go out to buy (pharmacy in my area don't have stock), so I took Obimin Plus (a sample I got from babycare class). It was awful, I feel nauseated after that.
My doctor started asking me to take multivitamin after Week 12 and no longer emphasize on folic acid.
Not sure Obimin will be OK for her or not. I think I will still try to look for Elevit 1st, if couldn't find then will try New Obimin + Neurogain PB starting week 12.

Doctor also didnt say anything about supplement at this moment except folic acid. Only friends around me advise to take multivitamin + Neurogain asap.

Thanks for the info.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0155sec    0.23    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:38 AM