6 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

First Time Parents, To Buy List

views

TSlowlowc
post Dec 10 2018, 01:28 PM

Enthusiast
918 posts

A question here; what do you bring back for baby to sleep on, if balik kampung?
I look at the plastic playpen, but not very interested with it. They looks wobbly?

Will a bionic bed better suited?

Bionic Bed

or this?

Foldable crib

This post has been edited by lowlowc: Dec 10 2018, 01:36 PM
Mrs.A
post Dec 10 2018, 01:39 PM

Casual
309 posts

QUOTE(Richkierich @ Dec 10 2018, 12:45 PM)
Not teething yet, she actually refused the bottle since 2.5 months or so. We are trying to feed her before she actually gets hungry, because if we wait until she is very hungry, she will keep crying and doesn't even want to drink. Thank you for your input.
Probably she wants different nipple also. Because the 3months+ stage got a bigger hole. Good luck.. smile.gif
Mrs.A
post Dec 10 2018, 01:58 PM

Casual
309 posts

QUOTE(lowlowc @ Dec 10 2018, 01:28 PM)
A question here; what do you bring back for baby to sleep on, if balik kampung?
I look at the plastic playpen, but not very interested with it. They looks wobbly?

Will a bionic bed better suited?

Bionic Bed

or this?

Foldable crib
Both will require co-sleep with the parents which actually a big “No” for me. How about chicco zip and go travel crib? I use innovi coccoon and switch to baby Bjorn once he’s bigger.

Richkierich
post Dec 16 2018, 03:16 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

Hi guys, seriously need some tips, I am new father.

-Baby 3.5 months now, previously didn't swaddle to sleep and no sleep routine.
-initially drinks breastmilk from bottle, baby at 1.5 month refuse to drink from bottle, so breast fed on demand and bottle feed while baby sleeps
-doc say baby allergic to milk protein, ask us to use ha milk formula
-lately been crying heavily especially early evening.
-and refuse to drink even from breast
-sometimes Dun want to sleep, want ppl to carry around. We have to do many things just to get baby sleep, like sarong, cary and rocking etc
-sometimes we can see she has nightmares and start moving and kicking around in sarong, sometimes she will wake from the nightmare and start crying big time

I am at a loss, exhausted,depressed and desperate.

1.What type of ha milk that would be recommended?
2. i notice wherever baby start to get fussy, it's even harder to feed her, can we feed her even before she get hungry? Or do we need to start to fix a time table of feeding, nap and sleep time?
3. How to train baby to recognize it's nap time and bed time at night? Any links that u guys used personally and found effective?
4.is bo ying compound by euyan sang effective?

Not that I am lazy to do research, it's that the info in internet is too vast and I am getting paralysis by analysis, also, I dun gv much time to research

unsure.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif
nevv
post Dec 17 2018, 01:40 PM

31 posts

QUOTE(Mrs.A @ Dec 9 2018, 02:24 PM)
There’s no bumper that safe for baby. For me baby cot is one of the most important gear. I have no idea why your friends and relatives let the cot collecting dust and put their baby in a greater risk by co sleeping on the same bed??? I’m surprised many parents are unaware of the SIDS risk.
Thanks for highlighting that Mrs.A. We just wanna keep our baby safe and find the best way for baby to sleep comfortably.
How about a korean style bumper bed like this?

user posted image
@lice~~
post Dec 17 2018, 02:42 PM

On my way
565 posts

QUOTE(Richkierich @ Dec 16 2018, 03:16 PM)
Hi guys,  seriously need some tips, I am new father.

-Baby 3.5 months now,  previously didn't swaddle to sleep and no sleep routine.
-initially drinks breastmilk from bottle, baby at 1.5 month refuse to drink from bottle,  so breast fed on demand and bottle feed while baby sleeps
-sometimes Dun want to sleep, want ppl to carry around. We have to do many things just to get baby sleep, like sarong, cary and rocking etc
-sometimes we can see she has nightmares and start moving and kicking around in sarong, sometimes she will wake from the nightmare and start crying big time

1.What type of ha milk that would be recommended?
2. i notice wherever baby start to get fussy, it's even harder to feed her, can we feed her even before she get hungry? Or do we need to start to fix a time table of feeding, nap and sleep time?
3. How to train baby to recognize it's nap time and bed time at night? Any links that u guys used personally and found effective?
4.is bo ying compound by euyan sang effective?

Not that I am lazy to do research, it's that the info in internet is too vast and I am getting paralysis by analysis, also, I dun gv much time to research

unsure.gif  wacko.gif  wacko.gif
Have you try apply yuyi oil on the baby's stomach, back and foot?

When my baby after 2 months she was fussy like yours too i tried let her sleep on her tummy/side sleep and problem solved BUT i strongly not encourage to do so because it's really risky.. or the parent need to take turn to watch the baby.. or you can try my colleague's way, she used the baby bouncer (put on the bed) let the baby sleep on it with tummy/side sleep at least it's still breathable.. BUT this is some risk too

Richkierich
post Dec 17 2018, 05:26 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

QUOTE(@lice~~ @ Dec 17 2018, 02:42 PM)

When my baby after 2 months she was fussy like yours too i tried let her sleep on her tummy/side sleep and problem solved BUT i strongly not encourage to do so because it's really risky.. or the parent need to take turn to watch the baby.. or you can try my colleague's way, she used the baby bouncer (put on the bed) let the baby sleep on it with tummy/side sleep at least it's still breathable.. BUT this is some risk too
Thanks, we did apply yuyi oil but only on stomach and feet. Will try the back if she gets fussy again. We also tried sleeping on side but when she is frustrated, she doesn't like it. Thanks for the input though. For now, we just try to feed her before she gets extremely hungry, else she will be too frustrated to suck. Sometimes she falls asleep when sucking and end up didnt suck enough, so wakes up super hungry and cry. We really tried our best.
TSlowlowc
post Dec 17 2018, 07:36 PM

Enthusiast
918 posts

QUOTE(Mrs.A @ Dec 10 2018, 01:58 PM)
Both will require co-sleep with the parents which actually a big “No” for me. How about chicco zip and go travel crib? I use innovi coccoon and switch to baby Bjorn once he’s bigger.
Thanks for the info. I was planning to have it on a separate bed in the room.
TSlowlowc
post Dec 17 2018, 07:37 PM

Enthusiast
918 posts

QUOTE(Richkierich @ Dec 17 2018, 05:26 PM)
Thanks, we did apply yuyi oil but only on stomach and feet. Will try the back if she gets fussy again. We also tried sleeping on side but when she is frustrated, she doesn't like it. Thanks for the input though. For now, we just try to feed her before she gets extremely hungry, else she will be too frustrated to suck.  Sometimes she falls asleep when sucking and end up didnt suck enough, so wakes up super hungry and cry. We really tried our best.
Might be a good idea for you to start on a new thread because this thread is for to-buy list for parents. smile.gif

This post has been edited by lowlowc: Dec 17 2018, 07:38 PM
Richkierich
post Dec 17 2018, 07:56 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

QUOTE(lowlowc @ Dec 17 2018, 07:37 PM)
Might be a good idea for you to start on a new thread because this thread is for to-buy list for parents.  smile.gif
Sorry, I didnt mean to hijack, I didnt noticed the title description.

Will create another thread if needed
Mrs.A
post Dec 17 2018, 08:14 PM

Casual
309 posts

Hi guys, seriously need some tips, I am new father.

-Baby 3.5 months now, previously didn't swaddle to sleep and no sleep routine.
-initially drinks breastmilk from bottle, baby at 1.5 month refuse to drink from bottle, so breast fed on demand and bottle feed while baby sleeps

1.What type of ha milk that would be recommended?—————- Aptamil HA(import milk, not Available locally, but can buy from overseas)

2. i notice wherever baby start to get fussy, it's even harder to feed her, can we feed her even before she get hungry? Or do we need to start to fix a time table of feeding, nap and sleep time?—————— yes must feed her before she’s hungry, that’s why you should feed+sleep train her from newborn.

3. How to train baby to recognize it's nap time and bed time at night? Any links that u guys used personally and found effective? ————— I sleep train my baby since he was born, It’s very easy, Especially when you start it early. Day time = play with her a lot, nap time max for 2hours, and ontime feeding. Make sure the room is bright and full with natural light. Night time = switch off all the lights, and don’t make too much noice or overstimulate her. If she woke us up because of hungry or nappy got wet, just changed and feed her, no rocking/singing/snuggles/play/talk.

4.is bo ying compound by euyan sang effective?———— No idea, ask your paed.

Not that I am lazy to do research, it's that the info in internet is too vast and I am getting paralysis by analysis, also, I dun gv much time to research ————— I have the full pack of sleep training+pregnancy+toddler training programs, I’ll send you later. Read it + understand it + practice. Every baby can be taught to be a good sleeper. But it’s not happened in a night. Discipline is the key.

Mrs.A
post Dec 17 2018, 08:21 PM

Casual
309 posts

QUOTE(@lice~~ @ Dec 17 2018, 02:42 PM)

Definitely won’t recommend it. I know it’s easy for the parents because the baby would definitely sleep rightaway because it’s too tiring to handle his own weight. But it’s so risky, unfair for your baby.
sjstheesar
post Dec 17 2018, 08:38 PM

22 posts

Hi there, I am not sure anyone already mentioned this:

Buy breast pump within week 2. First two weeks make sure your kid to practice the nursing.
Spectra is the best pump out there. You can get one from Korea in Shopee for less than 700.
As you increase the frequency of pumping will yield more milk later. Immediately after the birth of baby your milk will be more lighter/less thick. So you need to eat good diet (I got the suggestion to eat lots of tiger milk biscuits it is good efficient )to get more thicker milk if you want to stick to mothers milk. After two weeks, based on our experience it is necessary that you help the baby to drink from bottle.

Now choosing the bottle is very important. I want to swear by Dr. Browns bottle. Best out there and costly too. It takes little time to wash than other brands but it is definitely the best.
Reason: Your baby will drink more milk less gas. Just a small physics idea, check YouTube.
Having less air goes into the stomach will have huge growth. Also don’t make baby to cry to get the milk. You need to make sure even during night sleep it drinks. If crying increase meaning baby won’t drink much and not enough growth.

Then having a sterilizater will make life easier. See you just wash bottles each night with Pureen washer and you put it in Little Bean sterilizer with dryer, if you have about 10 bottles would be enough for six moth continuous feeding of milk.
We’re now more of formula NanPro stage 1.

The baby cottoncloth napkins are best in Ikea.

Mrs.A
post Dec 17 2018, 08:39 PM

Casual
309 posts

QUOTE(lowlowc @ Dec 17 2018, 07:36 PM)
Thanks for the info. I was planning to have it on a separate bed in the room.
Owww... make sure get the safety gate/bed fence. You’ll never know what’s the baby capable of.. hehehe, my son rolls when he was 2 months old. And we didn’t know about that, we find it out through Baby camera because he sleep in his own room biggrin.gif biggrin.gif. Every night I pulled him back 2-3times/night till he can rolled from the tummy to the back. *drowsy
sjstheesar
post Dec 17 2018, 08:47 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(Mrs.A @ Dec 17 2018, 08:14 PM)
Hi guys,  seriously need some tips, I am new father.

-Baby 3.5 months now,  previously didn't swaddle to sleep and no sleep routine.
-initially drinks breastmilk from bottle, baby at 1.5 month refuse to drink from bottle,  so breast fed on demand and bottle feed while baby sleeps

1.What type of ha milk that would be recommended?—————- Aptamil HA(import milk, not Available locally, but can buy from overseas)
2. i notice wherever baby start to get fussy, it's even harder to feed her, can we feed her even before she get hungry? Or do we need to start to fix a time table of feeding, nap and sleep time?—————— yes must feed her before she’s hungry, that’s why you should feed+sleep train her from newborn.
3. How to train baby to recognize it's nap time and bed time at night? Any links that u guys used personally and found effective? ————— I sleep train my baby since he was born, It’s very easy, Especially when you start it early. Day time = play with her a lot, nap time max for 2hours, and ontime feeding. Make sure the room is bright and full with natural light. Night time = switch off all the lights, and don’t make too much noice or overstimulate her. If she woke us up because of hungry or nappy got wet, just changed and feed her, no rocking/singing/snuggles/play/talk.
4.is bo ying compound by euyan sang effective?———— No idea, ask your paed.

Not that I am lazy to do research, it's that the info in internet is too vast and I am getting paralysis by analysis, also, I dun gv much time to research ————— I have the full pack of sleep training+pregnancy+toddler training programs, I’ll send you later. Read it + understand it + practice. Every baby can be taught to be a good sleeper. But it’s not happened in a night. Discipline is the key.
I really like your reply. The discipline is the key. Parents must be very disciplined to feed and change nappy on time. I see most mothers feed babies only after start crying, which is not correct. Baby signals hungry at least few times before crying. So understanding baby’s signs are very important.

Mrs.A
post Dec 17 2018, 08:53 PM

Casual
309 posts

QUOTE(nevv @ Dec 17 2018, 01:40 PM)
Thanks for highlighting that Mrs.A. We just wanna keep our baby safe and find the best way for baby to sleep comfortably.
How about a korean style bumper bed like this?

user posted image
So cute isn’t it?? I have it too but just for playpen and daily nap before he crawls. He sleeps 10-12hours straight at night since 2months old and I only came to his room for diaper changing every 6hours at night. The baby crib must be firm and not bulky, I’m afraid this matterials can pose a risk both baby overheating, and the risk of accidentally obstructing my baby breathing when we’re sleeping/not around. So I never use it for sleeping cot.
Mrs.A
post Dec 18 2018, 12:23 AM

Casual
309 posts

QUOTE(sjstheesar @ Dec 17 2018, 08:47 PM)
I really like your reply. The discipline is the key. Parents must be very disciplined to feed and change nappy on time. I see most mothers feed babies only after start crying, which is not correct. Baby signals hungry at least few times before crying. So understanding baby’s signs are very important.
Haha yes, seems like you’re expert on this. They always gives sign if they’re hungry. And my son already knew when where what.. anything about his feeding matters since 2weeks old. Unbelievable isn’t it? Baby are so magical.. when you think you know everything, they will always surprise you(in a good way). They are like an Empty book. You are their first school.. their first teacher.. their first love.. be really careful of what you’ll write on it...
ate
post Dec 18 2018, 06:19 PM

On my way
628 posts

Can anyone recommend me a baby waist carrier, my kid likes to be carried front facing and unstrapped.
sjstheesar
post Dec 19 2018, 06:45 AM

22 posts

QUOTE(Mrs.A @ Dec 18 2018, 12:23 AM)
Haha yes, seems like you’re expert on this. They always gives sign if they’re hungry. And my son already knew when where what.. anything about his feeding matters since 2weeks old. Unbelievable isn’t it? Baby are so magical.. when you think you know everything, they will always surprise you(in a good way). They are like an Empty book. You are their first school.. their first teacher.. their first love.. be really careful of what you’ll write on it...
Yeah so true. We’re keep learning something new. Enjoy the parenting.
TSlowlowc
post Dec 19 2018, 02:35 PM

Enthusiast
918 posts

QUOTE(ate @ Dec 18 2018, 06:19 PM)
Can anyone recommend me a baby waist carrier, my kid likes to be carried front facing and unstrapped.
Ergobaby seems like a popular brand. Maybe you can research on that.
But comments from my friends, the more you carry them, the more they are less prone to stroller and will always prefer to be carried.

This post has been edited by lowlowc: Dec 19 2018, 02:37 PM

6 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0145sec    0.37    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:22 PM