First Time Parents, To Buy List

views

TSlowlowc
post Oct 19 2018, 04:50 PM

Enthusiast
918 posts

Can I trust this website?

https://www.motherhood.com.my

There are some stuff like baby cot, selling even better price than baby expo.

#Add to list:

Baby carrier
Baby monitor

This post has been edited by lowlowc: Oct 19 2018, 05:09 PM
shinchan^^
post Oct 23 2018, 10:42 AM

K66
All Stars
21,256 posts

i went to the expo in viva home last month
registered and got few voucher as well
TSlowlowc
post Oct 26 2018, 07:37 AM

Enthusiast
918 posts

What is the best baby cot size to buy so i can easily find suitable mattress size? Seems like there many different size.
neenee
post Nov 10 2018, 09:06 AM

32 posts

QUOTE(lowlowc @ Oct 26 2018, 07:37 AM)
What is the best baby cot size to buy so i can easily find suitable mattress size? Seems like there many different size.
U plan to buy both separately? Normally baby shops have package for both cot and mattress, and they offer in cheaper prices. smile.gif
neenee
post Nov 10 2018, 09:11 AM

32 posts

QUOTE(lowlowc @ Sep 19 2018, 03:56 PM)
Lol!  nod.gif  Got it.. I think I will buy stroller later. It's not like I am going to take him around so soon except for doctor appointment. Maybe I will get a baby sling.

Yeap stroller can buy later when u think it’s needed. We bought an expensive one but seldom use. (Cause we rarely go out for long hour shopping etc). Baby carrier is more useful and convenient. Get a good one.

neenee
post Nov 10 2018, 09:47 AM

32 posts

QUOTE(lowlowc @ Oct 19 2018, 04:50 PM)
Can I trust this website?

https://www.motherhood.com.my

There are some stuff like baby cot, selling even better price than baby expo.

#Add to list:

Baby carrier
Baby monitor
It’s a platform for seller to sell stuffs. U may check if the seller has a shop then u can visit to view the item.
TSlowlowc
post Nov 10 2018, 08:39 PM

Enthusiast
918 posts

QUOTE(neenee @ Nov 10 2018, 09:06 AM)
U plan to buy both separately? Normally baby shops have package for both cot and mattress, and they offer in cheaper prices. smile.gif
Yup they have package. Just thinking when I need to buy replacement mattress, don't want the hassle of looking all over the place. But recently at baby fair I see that the normal size is 60X120 and another bigger one. 2 standard sizes.

QUOTE(neenee @ Nov 10 2018, 09:47 AM)
It’s a platform for seller to sell stuffs. U may check if the seller has a shop then u can visit to view the item.
Oh.. that's helpful. Thanks. Prefer to visit their shops.

This post has been edited by lowlowc: Nov 10 2018, 08:40 PM
neenee
post Nov 11 2018, 10:38 AM

32 posts

QUOTE(lowlowc @ Nov 10 2018, 08:39 PM)
Yup they have package. Just thinking when I need to buy replacement mattress, don't want the hassle of looking all over the place. But recently at baby fair I see that the normal size is 60X120 and another bigger one. 2 standard sizes.
Oh.. that's helpful. Thanks. Prefer to visit their shops.
Yeap u can easily find the standard size 60x120. If u think u might want to change mattress in the future, then survey on mattress first, roughly get some idea where / which brand u can get the mattress based on the required size. I saw a lot r selling bumble bee brand latex mattress. My lo was using Geetha latex, they have both 60x120, 70x130cm. Btw my lo refused to sleep on her cot since 14m. So I’m now looking for foldable queen size bed for her to sleep on the floor πŸ˜†

How’s other items in your shopping list? Almost done? πŸ˜„ If u are able to fork out extra budget for steriliser then go for UV type. Really save a lot of time.

coca^cola
post Nov 11 2018, 08:39 PM

Casual
327 posts

QUOTE(neenee @ Nov 11 2018, 10:38 AM)
Yeap u can easily find the standard size 60x120. If u think u might want to change mattress in the future, then survey on mattress first, roughly get some idea where / which brand u can get the mattress based on the required size. I saw a lot r selling bumble bee brand latex mattress. My lo was using Geetha latex, they have both 60x120, 70x130cm. Btw my lo refused to sleep on her cot since 14m. So I’m now looking for foldable queen size bed for her to sleep on the floor πŸ˜†

How’s other items in your shopping list? Almost done? πŸ˜„ If u are able to fork out extra budget for steriliser then go for UV type. Really save a lot of time.
Hi, have you found the foldable queen size bed? Please post here, thank you 😊
TSlowlowc
post Nov 14 2018, 05:25 PM

Enthusiast
918 posts

QUOTE(neenee @ Nov 11 2018, 10:38 AM)

The other items on shopping list? Actually we've barely bought half of them. Instead we bought a lot of things that are not in the list blink.gif
This is what happen when I go to an expo. Too many things to see and I lost focus. bangwall.gif while hubby is the type who's ok with anything.

This post has been edited by lowlowc: Nov 14 2018, 05:26 PM
neenee
post Nov 15 2018, 05:17 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(coca^cola @ Nov 11 2018, 08:39 PM)
Hi, have you found the foldable queen size bed? Please post here, thank you 😊
Hi there, not yet 😊 still doing survey. Will share the info if I buy
neenee
post Nov 15 2018, 05:19 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(lowlowc @ Nov 14 2018, 05:25 PM)
The other items on shopping list? Actually we've barely bought half of them. Instead we bought a lot of things that are not in the list  blink.gif
This is what happen when I go to an expo. Too many things to see and I lost focus.  bangwall.gif while hubby is the type who's ok with anything.
Haha, don’t end up keeping those things in the cabinet without using it. πŸ˜† u will have another round of shopping when comes to solid food later (6months)
frequency
post Nov 16 2018, 08:51 AM

ζˆ‘θ¦ζŒ‘ζˆ˜εδΈͺ!
2,552 posts

new daddy

my next purchase list
1) baby car seat (any recommendation?)
2) restock wiper an diaper

Gonna do it 1 by 1 ... ($$)
coca^cola
post Nov 16 2018, 09:22 PM

Casual
327 posts

QUOTE(neenee @ Nov 15 2018, 05:17 PM)
Hi there, not yet 😊 still doing survey. Will share the info if I buy
Thank you. I think I would like to get one too 😘
frequency
post Nov 24 2018, 08:56 PM

ζˆ‘θ¦ζŒ‘ζˆ˜εδΈͺ!
2,552 posts

bought the kooper balero car seat RM 999 at tce baby fair today

initially target combi 360 which is RM1699 + free kid tableware RM250 ++ seems quite a good offer, but feel the size is quite small not really can tahan till 3 year old. But mesh cushion is really nice.

save the budget for other... blink.gif

too tired and heavy...restock diaper , wiper through shopee ...seems price no much different

This post has been edited by frequency: Nov 24 2018, 08:58 PM
coca^cola
post Nov 24 2018, 10:32 PM

Casual
327 posts

Baby wet wipes 'cause food allergy', new study warns.

www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2018/04/06/baby-wipes-cause-food-allergy-new-study-warns/amp/

TSlowlowc
post Nov 26 2018, 06:56 PM

Enthusiast
918 posts

QUOTE(frequency @ Nov 24 2018, 08:56 PM)
bought the kooper balero car seat RM 999 at tce baby fair today

initially target combi 360 which is RM1699 + free kid tableware RM250 ++ seems quite a good offer, but feel the size is quite small not really can tahan till 3 year old. But mesh cushion is really nice.

save the budget for other... blink.gif
too tired and heavy...restock diaper , wiper through shopee ...seems price no much different
What brand of baby wipes you're using?
I bought Aleva Natural big packet, plan to use it first in case baby allergy. Also bought Fiffy and Pureen to see if baby is okay with these brand.

I was torn between buying which top to toe wash for baby - Johnson? Pureen? Anakku? Or Cetaphil Baby Range? I myself have been using Cetaphil for years. Those selling at baby expo are in big bottles so I didn't buy cause want to buy a few brands in small bottle and see which one fits.

Also looking for baby massage oil cause I read it's good for baby's sleep.

Is baby powder still recommended these days? I might buy the pure cornstarch type if needed.

This post has been edited by lowlowc: Nov 26 2018, 06:58 PM
neenee
post Nov 26 2018, 09:57 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(lowlowc @ Nov 26 2018, 06:56 PM)
What brand of baby wipes you're using?
I bought Aleva Natural big packet, plan to use it first in case baby allergy. Also bought Fiffy and Pureen to see if baby is okay with these brand.

I was torn between buying which top to toe wash for baby - Johnson? Pureen? Anakku? Or Cetaphil Baby Range? I myself have been using Cetaphil for years. Those selling at baby expo are in big bottles so I didn't buy cause want to buy a few brands in small bottle and see which one fits.

Also looking for baby massage oil cause I read it's good for baby's sleep.

Is baby powder still recommended these days? I might buy the pure cornstarch type if needed.
I replaced Pureen wet wipes with K Mom. K brand seems more natural and my baby is ok with it, I also use it to wipe her hand and face. But price is about double of Pureen. Earlier she has some nappy rashes with pureen. Body wash Im using Buds head to toe since new born till now, personally like it.
TSlowlowc
post Nov 27 2018, 10:05 AM

Enthusiast
918 posts

QUOTE(neenee @ Nov 26 2018, 09:57 PM)
I replaced Pureen wet wipes with K Mom. K brand seems more natural and my baby is ok with it, I also use it to wipe her hand and face. But price is about double of Pureen. Earlier she has some nappy rashes with pureen. Body wash Im using Buds head to toe since new born till now, personally like it.
Luckily I bought Pureen in small quantity only. If allergic, I will use it for cleaning up table only. Will check out K Mom and Buds. Thanks.

This post has been edited by lowlowc: Nov 27 2018, 10:13 AM
coca^cola
post Nov 27 2018, 11:22 AM

Casual
327 posts

QUOTE(neenee @ Nov 26 2018, 09:57 PM)
I’m using buds too. I try not use wipes as much coz my daughter developed some rashes. Previously used pureen, huggies, drypers, mamypoko, kmom, genki and many more.

6 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0175sec    0.58    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:05 PM