Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Unifi petition (demand list) - Unlikely urban myth, Share your demand list success story

views

TSgunhit14
post Aug 14 2018, 11:26 PM, updated 5y ago

21 posts

Yo, I had collected 10 signature so far for my housing area. I will forward this signed petition for Unifi next week during my day off. My mama know the TMPOINT branch manager on personal basis, so that should be easy to forward my case to her and the petition. The question will be how much would they layan petition, do TM people take this group interest seriously or just masuk shredder one? I seen some poster did something similar then Unifi enter his housing area months later. My area still streamyx. Another 500m some housing area have UNIFI. Kinda ridiculous 2018, they can’t dedicate a website to take on people survey. 😤😤. Wasting time kejar non available neighbour and got kejar by anjing.

This post has been edited by gunhit14: Oct 8 2019, 08:56 AM
SilentVampire
post Aug 14 2018, 11:29 PM

Networking Enthusiast
5,706 posts

QUOTE(gunhit14 @ Aug 14 2018, 11:26 PM)
Yo, I had collected 10 signature so far for my housing area. I will forward this signed petition for Unifi next week during my day off. My mama know the TMPOINT branch manager on personal basis, so that should be easy to forward my case to her and the petition. The question will be how much would they layan petition, do TM people take this group interest seriously or just masuk shredder one? I seen some poster did something similar then Unifi enter his housing area months later. My area still streamyx. Another 500m some housing area have UNIFI. Kinda ridiculous 2018, they can’t dedicate a website to take on people survey. 😤😤. Wasting time kejar non available neighbour and got kejar by anjing.
Admire your dedication and hope they take notice of you.
TSgunhit14
post Aug 14 2018, 11:42 PM

21 posts

QUOTE(SilentVampire @ Aug 14 2018, 11:29 PM)
Admire your dedication and hope they take notice of you.
If their SOP answer is “Suruh you jiran sign demand banyak banyak nanti TM pasang”, there is only one way to find out. And surely there some truth to it. My dedication in this is actually based on my bantuan usahawan bumiputra I just got granted. I kinda rely on internet with high upload speed and low latency to set up my egrocery shop. Streamyx kinda frustrating to use when I upload stuff to web hosting or wordpress content upload.
SilentVampire
post Aug 14 2018, 11:48 PM

Networking Enthusiast
5,706 posts

QUOTE(gunhit14 @ Aug 14 2018, 11:42 PM)
If their SOP answer is “Suruh you jiran sign demand banyak banyak nanti TM pasang”, there is only one way to find out. And surely there some truth to it. My dedication in this is actually based on my bantuan usahawan bumiputra I just got granted. I kinda rely on internet with high upload speed and low latency to set up my egrocery shop. Streamyx kinda frustrating to use when I upload stuff to web hosting or wordpress content upload.
Can’t blame you for that, the difference between Streamyx and Unifi is night and day. Good luck with your business, bro.
noriabe
post Aug 15 2018, 02:03 PM

19 posts

QUOTE(gunhit14 @ Aug 14 2018, 11:42 PM)
Yes TM should realise the importance of 'Upload speed' for uploading contents for home business and entrepeneur. Streamyx 512kbps upload speed for all streamyx package will slow down the productivity and sometimes just error and causing more trouble because the upload speed too slow , stuck and disconnected uploading Gigabytes of data files.

Really they just damaging Malaysian economy indirectly by their monopoly. Hope minister realize this.

This post has been edited by noriabe: Aug 15 2018, 02:04 PM
westlife
post Aug 17 2018, 04:26 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,310 posts

QUOTE(gunhit14 @ Aug 14 2018, 11:26 PM)
10 signature is way too little. one area needs minimum 80% of request from household before TM will really come to install the infra for free. else one street requires rm20k++ to install the infra if one wants to request them to come.
junclj
post Aug 17 2018, 04:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,297 posts

Perhaps this is a mission impossible for just 10 signatures. My dad even did go to find the chairman for help. Hope the management can help us and go to TM to request for Unifi coverage but in the end, we still ended up with no Unifi coverage at my residence area.
slaveone
post Aug 17 2018, 04:23 PM

Regular
1,180 posts

QUOTE(noriabe @ Aug 15 2018, 02:03 PM)
Yes TM should realise the importance of 'Upload speed' for uploading contents for home business and entrepeneur. Streamyx 512kbps upload speed for all streamyx package will slow down the productivity and sometimes just error and causing more trouble because the upload speed too slow , stuck and disconnected uploading Gigabytes of data files.

Really they just damaging Malaysian economy indirectly by their monopoly. Hope minister realize this.
what monopoly? why dont you ask Maxis or TIME to provide service there...? what's stopping other providers to give their service at your area..? rclxub.gif rclxub.gif
TSgunhit14
post Aug 17 2018, 05:14 PM

21 posts

New update,
Now I got 23 signatures, my mailbox got lots of signed petition. I think I gave out 70 flyer petition on neighbour mailbox. 10 people sign head on. And that included 3 business premises as our housing place got commercial lots. 28% turnout. Probably I gonna give till this end of month to get more people on this rally.
noriabe
post Aug 17 2018, 06:31 PM

19 posts

QUOTE(slaveone @ Aug 17 2018, 04:23 PM)
what monopoly? why dont you ask Maxis or TIME to provide service there...? what's stopping other providers to give their service at your area..?  rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif
well landed cables and equipment all owned by TM. Tell me how many Maxis and TIME own landed infrastructure for Fiber in PERAK. I thought people already know this. That's why they want change. They make petition etc. rclxub.gif rclxub.gif rclxub.gif rclxub.gif rclxub.gif

This post has been edited by noriabe: Aug 17 2018, 06:32 PM
miloaisdino
post Aug 17 2018, 06:36 PM

Regular
1,418 posts

QUOTE(noriabe @ Aug 17 2018, 06:31 PM)
well landed cables and equipment all owned by TM. Tell me how many Maxis and TIME own landed infrastructure for Fiber in PERAK.  I thought people already know this. That's why they want change. They make petition etc.  rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif
Digi infinite 150 with huawei b618?
slaveone
post Aug 17 2018, 09:10 PM

Regular
1,180 posts

QUOTE(noriabe @ Aug 17 2018, 06:31 PM)
well landed cables and equipment all owned by TM. Tell me how many Maxis and TIME own landed infrastructure for Fiber in PERAK.  I thought people already know this. That's why they want change. They make petition etc.  rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif
again, what's stopping Maxis or TIME to build their own cable to that location...? rclxub.gif rclxub.gif

the answer is simple, your area is not profitable to them.
Jklove
post Aug 18 2018, 01:26 AM

Getting Started
70 posts

Dude... I plan to do it too... lol..

in Seremban, Lobak... TM is like picked all the riched area to expand with UNIFI, just left few area alone and i'm one among. even the hillside taman next to me receive already.

some might says we're wasting time. But this what we really can do for our future.. those who already in 30/50/100mbps up and down just can't imagine how miserable of our life with streamyx 512kbps up down....

i still can tahan when i was living in my hostel where UNIFI is available before, when i came back my home. just my sister playing a youtube, entire house users will get gg. Same goes for my google drive sync... i remember 1gb of stuff take almost 2 days and the circle still turning like hell... lol

don't even mention the thunderstorm raining time....

just hope it really work for you, and also the one i plan to conduct will go fine as well.

God bless. thumbup.gif thumbup.gif
TSgunhit14
post Aug 18 2018, 07:20 AM

21 posts

QUOTE(Jklove @ Aug 18 2018, 01:26 AM)
Dude... I plan to do it too... lol..

in Seremban, Lobak... TM is like picked all the riched area to expand with UNIFI, just left few area alone and i'm one among. even the hillside taman next to me receive already.

some might says we're wasting time. But this what we really can do for our future.. those who already in 30/50/100mbps up and down just can't imagine how miserable of our life with streamyx 512kbps up down....

i still can tahan when i was living in my hostel where UNIFI is available before, when i came back my home. just my sister playing a youtube, entire house users will get gg. Same goes for my google drive sync... i remember 1gb of stuff take almost 2 days and the circle still turning like hell... lol

don't even mention the thunderstorm raining time....

just hope it really work for you, and also the one i plan to conduct will go fine as well.

God bless. thumbup.gif  thumbup.gif
A few tips from me, make a nice looking flyer one page dedicated to your contact, google form and mailbox address. Explain about your petition in your area. Another page is to fill in their detail, name, NRIC, address, speed interested, and signature. Depend on some manager, in my case, she said, given NRIC is a form of consent that replace signature on google form.

The most important for me was explaining the reason for UNIFI petition. Like CCTV, content streaming, smart home etc. Dedicate another flyer for that, clip it together. Make the explanation like infographic, I got my gf did it and thanks to cause she is graphic designer. It really helps to explain to that 50yrs middle age man the difference between streamyx, wireless broadband and unifi. The old man was sceptical at first since he already subscribed mobile data. In this case I told him UNIFI is no quota. He was unconvinced 😤😤. But later I found his petition in my mailbox, probably signed by his children. You be amazed some said they happy with 1mbps. 🤬🤬. Usually people older than 40 won’t layan you or renter who lives there won’t layan one. Your best bet leave it at their mailbox.
noriabe
post Aug 18 2018, 09:29 AM

19 posts

QUOTE(slaveone @ Aug 17 2018, 09:10 PM)
again, what's stopping Maxis or TIME to build their own cable to that location...?  rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif

the answer is simple, your area is not profitable to them.
Im sure if MYREPUBLIC can go in Malaysia and can get last mile end connection, they will not hesitate to lay fiber in your so called NON PROFITABLE area. Dude, just cut it. TM is being unfair and too greedy despite got funding from the Malaysian GOV TO LAY FIBER. Suppose to support all Malaysia for better fiber nation!.For god sake.

This post has been edited by noriabe: Aug 18 2018, 09:31 AM
rehohk
post Aug 18 2018, 12:17 PM

Getting Started
137 posts

QUOTE(noriabe @ Aug 18 2018, 09:29 AM)
Im sure if MYREPUBLIC can go in Malaysia and can get last mile end connection, they will not hesitate to lay fiber in your so called NON PROFITABLE area. Dude, just cut it. TM is being unfair and too greedy despite got funding from the Malaysian GOV TO LAY FIBER. Suppose to support all Malaysia for better fiber nation!.For god sake.
are u kidding, TM asking GOV for fund to LAY FIBER CABLE?
Check who are main sponsor for seagames? football? u dont even know, how much gov hutang tm for the VPN/gov network? go ask ur friend who work in TM
Jklove
post Aug 19 2018, 12:38 AM

Getting Started
70 posts

QUOTE(gunhit14 @ Aug 18 2018, 07:20 AM)
A few tips from me, make a nice looking flyer one page dedicated to your contact, google form and mailbox address. Explain about your petition in your area. Another page is to fill in their detail, name, NRIC, address, speed interested, and signature. Depend on some manager, in my case, she said, given NRIC is a form of consent that replace signature on google form.

The most important for me was explaining the reason for UNIFI petition. Like CCTV, content streaming, smart home etc. Dedicate another flyer for that, clip it together. Make the explanation like infographic, I got my gf did it and thanks to cause she is graphic designer. It really helps to explain to that 50yrs middle age man the difference between streamyx, wireless broadband and unifi. The old man was sceptical at first since he already subscribed mobile data. In this case I told him UNIFI is no quota. He was unconvinced 😤😤. But later I found his petition in my mailbox, probably signed by his children. You be amazed some said they happy with 1mbps. 🤬🤬. Usually people older than 40 won’t layan you or renter who lives there won’t layan one. Your best bet leave it at their mailbox.
Yeah... indeed!!!! Especially when you are talking with old age people...
I can foresee the challenges I going to face lady from your word dude...
Perhaps I need to corporate with those Politicians aldy... LOL
To simple my jobs when doing explanation...
slaveone
post Aug 19 2018, 01:50 AM

Regular
1,180 posts

QUOTE(noriabe @ Aug 18 2018, 09:29 AM)
Don't know the truth and can't handle the truth. Think that funding is enough to lay cable to reach every single home in Malaysia?

Where's other Telcos support for your better fiber nation?
System Error Message
post Aug 19 2018, 03:49 AM

Regular
1,781 posts

No they dont, truth is, it only matters after they lay a backbone.
Lets say you're in a streamyx area, you have 30 would be subscribers to unifi who are current streamyx users, but there is no backbone/fiber equipment to the area required for unifi. Verdict: TM will not care.

If your area just got a backbone/fiber equipment for unifi, but from the exchange to your housing area is not wired yet but you have 30 people interested, TM will wire in about 3-9 months.

So in conclusion it doesnt do a thing. Unless however there is great demand in the greater area TM will not expand unifi and the reasons are 2 fold. First is TM's own internal politics play, they dont care about their customers only their image, 2nd is the local councils delaying TM, either with their crazy chargers/requirements or something else that both parties not satisfied with.

Being a current TM customer is far worse than being a new TM customer, its how they keep you in contract. You gotta stop, then go get it again just to get the best offers. Astro/maxis is even worse in this regard though.

This post has been edited by System Error Message: Aug 19 2018, 03:51 AM
skywardsword
post Aug 19 2018, 08:09 AM

On my way
636 posts

I did it before and it worked for me. enuff said.

9 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0182sec    0.28    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:18 PM