QUOTE(gogo2 @ Nov 4 2018, 12:34 AM)
Advertisement good for content creator. Do not deprive them.
Nobody use Kodi now when Netflix is so cheap. You still live in cave?
i have no prob with advertisement. in fact, most youtubers care more about the likes, subscribers and notifications (bell icons).
prob is not about the advertisement, it is about the user experience. you can try it too.
1) cast video from youtube app on iphone to apple tv.
2) 2 to 3 mins later advertisement appear
3) after advertisement finished, home screen of apple tv show
4) that's it, never resume to the youtube where it stops, need to go to youtube app again, click play button.
5) after play button is clicked, it starts the video from begining.
constantly this happens regularly.
importantly, the ads are just too ridiculuously frequent that every 2-3 mins one advertisement. the user experience is totally bad.
using youtube app on iphone, cast videos to tv, can even queue them and remove them from youtube app playlist anytime.
in between zero app shown.
and playback is mooth and hassle free.
this is the reason why i do not like to use apple tv to cast youtube video given the issues and limitation.
as a end-user, we care more about user experience than other things.
netflix has limited content, tried before and not using it anymore. it is not only about price but also content matters.This post has been edited by westlife: Nov 4 2018, 11:21 AM