Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Water fasting, Anyone went thru this?

views

tohca
post Apr 25 2020, 11:08 AM

On my way
611 posts

QUOTE(jason83 @ Apr 25 2020, 02:07 AM)
Thanks for getting back to me. So how often do you do this? Was your health goals achieved from doing water fasting?
No worries. I tried it more out of curiosity than anything else. All the while we have been told that if you don't eat for a day or 2 you will die or get very sick or become very weak and can't even walk or lose muscle mass. However, after reading about the experience of others who have fasted for long periods and come out none the worse, I thought I must try it myself.

What I experience is that I feel more lively and energetic during the fast (especially after the 3rd day). My thinking was clearer too during the fast. Being someone who likes to eat and really enjoys food, it was really difficult to fast. Thus I broke fast after the 7th day, not because I had to eat but because I really wanted to eat.

Had since done 2 days and 3 days water fast. Always feeling much better overall during and after the fast. I hope to do a 10-days or longer fast someday.

Have you tried it yourself?
tohca
post Apr 27 2020, 11:56 AM

On my way
611 posts

QUOTE(christinesg @ Apr 27 2020, 11:37 AM)
How did you perform water fasting? I mean how long (hours) per day and does it include caffeinated drinks as well?

Interested to know your fasting schedule
No, nothing except water throughout the 7 days. In fact, I also tried dry fasting (no food, not even water) for 48 hours.
kellyisevil
post Apr 27 2020, 03:22 PM

jellywelly
1,238 posts

I've done it before and please ensure you get enough nutrient Post-fast. I was on keto and went on water fast for 48 hours once every 3 weeks for 3 times in total.
I felt great and amazing but I also lost a lot of hair.
I have a lot of hair to begin with but it was a lot of hair and stress for months.

I did my blood test and was very low on iron which resulted in the hair loss.

Do ensure your macro nutrient are adequate after the fast.

V429
post Apr 27 2020, 04:29 PM

1,002 posts

I tried it for the first time at the start of MCO. 2 day water fast. Like some who shared, hunger still can tahan, but the mind constantly crave for food. I did notice I had a bit of bad breath and there is a peculiar smell in my urine. I do feel tired faster at the end of the day so tend to sleep earlier. Afterwards water fast ended I feel fine. Lost some weight too I think.

I didn't do any research at all. I tried it because a friend did it several times before. Mainly I think it has the benefit of detox (I think only, did not do any research).

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0126sec    0.53    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:59 PM