Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Viofo A129, The highly anticipated dual dashcam (Review)

views

TSblurjoey
post Nov 20 2019, 02:29 PM

Sumo Hammy!
4,734 posts

QUOTE(jimbet1337 @ Nov 20 2019, 02:07 PM)
Thanks for the feedback bro. Actually I was referring to this review:

I plan to buy F800 for front & rear but after watching that review made me think twice.

This is my first dashcam. My criteria are just image quality & gps. I don't really mind parking features though.
Viofo A119v3 is very clear and currently the best single cam with buffered parking mode when used with HK3 hardwire kit.

You can look at A129 Pro Duo if you're looking for front & rear. It's true 4K with buffered parking mode. Review here: https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=4826786 & https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=4853331

The video review is comparing Q800 Pro which is a 2K dashcam. Not F800 Pro which is 1080p. Q800 Pro is known to have not so great video quality until Thinkware releases a new firmware that fixes this.

But note that Thinkware dashcam is known for its true parking mode, accurate ADAS, Smart Camera Alerts, and Cloud features. Buying Thinkware is more for the overall package than video quality alone.

This post has been edited by blurjoey: Nov 20 2019, 02:34 PM
iymm
post Nov 21 2019, 08:37 PM

Getting Started
93 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Nov 19 2019, 10:21 PM)
Do you mean hardwiring the A119?
Yep, fuse tapping, with 7.5A fuse for dashcam....feel kinda dangerous ....
iymm
post Dec 1 2019, 09:29 PM

Getting Started
93 posts

Anyone know how can I fix the blurry right side of the video?? Seems like out of focus...
user posted image
TSblurjoey
post Dec 2 2019, 02:12 PM

Sumo Hammy!
4,734 posts

QUOTE(iymm @ Dec 1 2019, 09:29 PM)
Anyone know how can I fix the blurry right side of the video?? Seems like out of focus...
user posted image
Can you try to contact the seller and see?
iymm
post Dec 3 2019, 01:23 AM

Getting Started
93 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Dec 2 2019, 02:12 PM)
Can you try to contact the seller and see?
Seller told me they're still investigating about this issue and I'm not the only one that complaint about this....
I hope it can be solve as soon as possible.
TSblurjoey
post Dec 3 2019, 08:04 AM

Sumo Hammy!
4,734 posts

QUOTE(iymm @ Dec 3 2019, 01:23 AM)
Seller told me they're still investigating about this issue and I'm not the only one that complaint about this....
I hope it can be solve as soon as possible.
A batch issue I suppose. Luckily got under warranty.
iymm
post Yesterday, 11:58 AM

Getting Started
93 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Dec 3 2019, 08:04 AM)
A batch issue I suppose. Luckily got under warranty.
Too bad still no news till now...
BTW blurjoey, does SanDisk High Endurance 128GB sdcard works good in A129 Duo? Because yesterday the camera just freeze with screen on, need forcing it to power off and on then everything work again....

Latest version, low bitrate parking mode.
tissue07
post Yesterday, 09:23 PM

41 posts

Hi all gurus,

After reading some threads for the past few nites, which will you guys recommend for dual dah cams ?
1) VIOFO A129 Duo cam with hardwire (parking mode) (Not the 4k)
2) mini 0906
3) Sipii SP200 (dual cam)

It's my first dashcam, im not too sure which to invest on. Eventually given up on 70mai due to lithium battery issue.

Thanks all! notworthy.gif
TSblurjoey
post Yesterday, 10:33 PM

Sumo Hammy!
4,734 posts

QUOTE(iymm @ Dec 8 2019, 11:58 AM)
Too bad still no news till now...
BTW blurjoey, does SanDisk High Endurance 128GB sdcard works good in A129 Duo? Because yesterday the camera just freeze with screen on, need forcing it to power off and on then everything work again....

Latest version, low bitrate parking mode.
Wait and see. Think maybe pending from Viofo side?

Overheat during parking mode?

Which Sandisk HE did you get?

This is the latest model from Sandisk.
user posted image

QUOTE(tissue07 @ Dec 8 2019, 09:23 PM)
Hi all gurus,

After reading some threads for the past few nites, which will you guys recommend for dual dah cams ?
1) VIOFO A129 Duo cam with hardwire (parking mode) (Not the 4k)
2) mini 0906
3) Sipii SP200 (dual cam)

It's my first dashcam, im not too sure which to invest on. Eventually given up on 70mai due to lithium battery issue.

Thanks all!  notworthy.gif
If budget constraint, go for mini0906 but wait a bit as mini0906 Pro is coming soon in a few week's time.

Recommended getting the Viofo A129 Duo if you can.

Not sure about SIPII SP200 but from the specs it is not a true 4K dashcam as it is recording in 4K@24fps (upscaled resolution) if using front cam only. Dual is 1080p for both cams. GPS module not included.

This post has been edited by blurjoey: Yesterday, 10:38 PM
tissue07
post Yesterday, 10:40 PM

41 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Dec 8 2019, 10:33 PM)
Wait and see. Think maybe pending from Viofo side?

Overheat during parking mode?

Which Sandisk HE did you get?

This is the latest model from Sandisk.
user posted image
If budget constraint, go for mini0906 but wait a bit as mini0906 Pro is coming soon in a few week's time.

Recommended getting the Viofo A129 Duo if you can.

Not sure about SIPII SP200 but from the specs it is not a true 4K dashcam as it is recording in 4K@24fps (upscaled resolution) if using front cam only. Dual is 1080p for both cams. GPS module not included.
Thanks for your prompt reply! smile.gif

Do u know what's the main diff for the coming mini 0906 Pro?

Which site u will rec to get Viofo A129 (local seller) with warranty?
The Hardware kit will be needed if I need to use power supply from car battt right ?

Or will the mechanic st car accessories shop able to do that ? (Without me buying the additional hardwire kit)

TSblurjoey
post Yesterday, 10:59 PM

Sumo Hammy!
4,734 posts

QUOTE(tissue07 @ Dec 8 2019, 10:40 PM)
Thanks for your prompt reply! smile.gif

Do u know what's the main diff for the coming mini 0906 Pro?

Which site u will rec to get Viofo A129 (local seller) with warranty?
The Hardware kit will be needed if I need to use power supply from car battt right ?

Or will the mechanic st car accessories shop able to do that ? (Without me buying the additional hardwire kit)
New sensors in the 0906 Pro if not mistaken.

If you worry about warranty then get from Sicurez as they are the local distributor. They also do installations for Viofo for a fee.

You only need to buy and use the Viofo HK3 hardwire kit if you want to use the parking mode. It would be a waste to get it and just use it to record when you start your car.

Just use the USB car charger to power the A129 Duo if you don't require parking mode.

Installation, any trusted car accessories can do so long no wire cutting or wire tapping.
tissue07
post Yesterday, 11:46 PM

41 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Dec 8 2019, 10:59 PM)
New sensors in the 0906 Pro if not mistaken.

If you worry about warranty then get from Sicurez as they are the local distributor. They also do installations for Viofo for a fee.

You only need to buy and use the Viofo HK3 hardwire kit if you want to use the parking mode. It would be a waste to get it and just use it to record when you start your car.

Just use the USB car charger to power the A129 Duo if you don't require parking mode.

Installation, any trusted car accessories can do so long no wire cutting or wire tapping.
Alright. Meaning it will be compulsory to get the hardwire kit tgt, even I'm sending to accessories shop for installation in order to setup parking mode right ?

TSblurjoey
post Yesterday, 11:55 PM

Sumo Hammy!
4,734 posts

QUOTE(tissue07 @ Dec 8 2019, 11:46 PM)
Alright. Meaning it will be compulsory to get the hardwire kit tgt, even I'm sending to accessories shop for installation in order to setup parking mode right ?
Yes, you still need to use a 3-wires hardwire kit aka Viofo HK3 if you want to use parking mode.

21 Pages « < 19 20 21Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0341sec    1.78    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 9th December 2019 - 04:58 AM