Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

Safe Mode | Infrastructure Upgrade Phase 1 Complete | New Registrations Disabled

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Viofo A129, The highly anticipated dual dashcam (Review)

views

tissue07
post Dec 8 2019, 09:23 PM

46 posts

Hi all gurus,

After reading some threads for the past few nites, which will you guys recommend for dual dah cams ?
1) VIOFO A129 Duo cam with hardwire (parking mode) (Not the 4k)
2) mini 0906
3) Sipii SP200 (dual cam)

It's my first dashcam, im not too sure which to invest on. Eventually given up on 70mai due to lithium battery issue.

Thanks all! notworthy.gif
tissue07
post Dec 8 2019, 10:40 PM

46 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Dec 8 2019, 10:33 PM)
Wait and see. Think maybe pending from Viofo side?

Overheat during parking mode?

Which Sandisk HE did you get?

This is the latest model from Sandisk.
user posted image
If budget constraint, go for mini0906 but wait a bit as mini0906 Pro is coming soon in a few week's time.

Recommended getting the Viofo A129 Duo if you can.

Not sure about SIPII SP200 but from the specs it is not a true 4K dashcam as it is recording in 4K@24fps (upscaled resolution) if using front cam only. Dual is 1080p for both cams. GPS module not included.
Thanks for your prompt reply! smile.gif

Do u know what's the main diff for the coming mini 0906 Pro?

Which site u will rec to get Viofo A129 (local seller) with warranty?
The Hardware kit will be needed if I need to use power supply from car battt right ?

Or will the mechanic st car accessories shop able to do that ? (Without me buying the additional hardwire kit)

tissue07
post Dec 8 2019, 11:46 PM

46 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Dec 8 2019, 10:59 PM)
New sensors in the 0906 Pro if not mistaken.

If you worry about warranty then get from Sicurez as they are the local distributor. They also do installations for Viofo for a fee.

You only need to buy and use the Viofo HK3 hardwire kit if you want to use the parking mode. It would be a waste to get it and just use it to record when you start your car.

Just use the USB car charger to power the A129 Duo if you don't require parking mode.

Installation, any trusted car accessories can do so long no wire cutting or wire tapping.
Alright. Meaning it will be compulsory to get the hardwire kit tgt, even I'm sending to accessories shop for installation in order to setup parking mode right ?

tissue07
post Dec 14 2019, 04:21 AM

46 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Dec 8 2019, 11:55 PM)
Yes, you still need to use a 3-wires hardwire kit aka Viofo HK3 if you want to use parking mode.
I've got my Viofo A129 today finally !
Want to check with u, which USB port should I use for the power cable ?
Im already using the hardwire kit connected to the car battery.
Yes i want to use Parking mode.

Thanks for your advice smile.gif
tissue07
post Dec 14 2019, 04:27 AM

46 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Dec 8 2019, 11:55 PM)
Yes, you still need to use a 3-wires hardwire kit aka Viofo HK3 if you want to use parking mode.

I mean the Power cable should be connected to the top part (form GPS module) or from the side (the device itself) ?

Many Thanks!
tissue07
post Dec 19 2019, 12:45 PM

46 posts

Hi guys, what's your setting for the parking mode?
My device stop runs recording every 3 mins even engine is off. I thought it should be recording only if there is any motion detected ?

Kindly advice. smile.gif Much thanks! x
tissue07
post Dec 20 2019, 10:20 PM

46 posts

QUOTE(KIntos @ Dec 19 2019, 03:35 PM)
Hmm either one of us misunderstood his meaning. His statement mentioned stop every 3mins even engine is off. Have to wait him respond. He's new in dashcam.
What I mean was, is the setting correct to have the dashcam keep videoing never engine is off ?
Each video is about 3mins.

user posted image

Because all along I thought it will start recording when there's a bang or crash (during parking mode)

Yeah I'm very new to dashcam! Thanks for all your kind advice x
tissue07
post Dec 20 2019, 11:09 PM

46 posts

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Dec 20 2019, 10:34 PM)
Can you watch the videos and see if it is in fast forward motion? If yes then you have it recording in timelapse mode when parked.

A129 Duo now has buffered parking mode. It will record something when motion is detected or impact is detected. 10 secs before and 10 secs after the motion/impact detected.
Nope it's not in fast fwd motion. Normal playback.
Do you guys have the same recording files like this ? If it's normal then I'll be glad.

I've set to Auto Event Detection & set to low sensitivity.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0656sec    2.64    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th January 2020 - 03:24 PM