Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

CNY Maintenance and Infrastructure Upgrade - Some forum features will be temporarily unavailable.

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Buying from Wing Wah Watch - Subang, First time buying watch

views

Chinoz
post Dec 30 2019, 03:44 PM

Llamas"R"Us
1,007 posts

QUOTE(brown.ho @ Dec 30 2019, 03:36 PM)
Wing Wah buys your watches at a very low price and sells them at a heavily inflated price. I recently got a Tudor Blackbay as a gift and wanted to sell it off. They assured me I'll only get 50% of the purchase price. Since it was a gift I had no idea how much the purchase price was. Paid RM100, they took the warranty card and the watch, 5 minutes later gave me exact figure of RM7,060. Went home and checked with the person who gave the gift and confirmed he bought it at RM14,120.

I say if you want to sell your watch, do it manually on Mudah, FB marketplace etc. If you wanna buy, find it manually yourself.
Replace watch with any other commodity and you have yourself a business model!
brown.ho
post Dec 30 2019, 04:44 PM

49 posts

QUOTE(Chinoz @ Dec 30 2019, 03:44 PM)
Replace watch with any other commodity and you have yourself a business model!
Yes that's a normal business model but then again, they're dealing with "masterpiece" and technically they're the ones destroying the market
fuzzy
post Dec 30 2019, 05:26 PM

*pew pew pew*
5,714 posts

How are they destroying the market?

They assume the risk of the piece not being able to be sold, market price deflation, marketing, all CAPEX and OPEX required to run the business so obviously they will low ball the offer for a piece and resell it higher.

Nothing stops anyone from doing that, in fact many do do that. I've personally more than happy to let go of a few pieces that appreciated like mad for no reason whatsoever, and the market for the same piece now is back to near my original purchase price.

K-o-E
post Dec 31 2019, 02:38 PM

Getting Started
276 posts

Wing Wah buys your watches at a very low price and sells them at a heavily inflated price. I recently got a Tudor Blackbay as a gift and wanted to sell it off. They assured me I'll only get 50% of the purchase price. Since it was a gift I had no idea how much the purchase price was. Paid RM100, they took the warranty card and the watch, 5 minutes later gave me exact figure of RM7,060. Went home and checked with the person who gave the gift and confirmed he bought it at RM14,120.

I say if you want to sell your watch, do it manually on Mudah, FB marketplace etc. If you wanna buy, find it manually yourself.
Thanks bro for the info. Much appreciated.
brown.ho
post Dec 31 2019, 05:08 PM

49 posts

QUOTE(K-o-E @ Dec 31 2019, 02:38 PM)
Thanks bro for the info. Much appreciated.
My please
wongtheboy92
post Jan 12 2020, 01:15 PM

On my way
647 posts

I have a plan to sell my watch there. So, it seems it is not that recommended to do so. So, selling at other platforms sounds more reasonable then? Thanks for the heads-up.
wongtheboy92
post Jan 14 2020, 10:32 PM

On my way
647 posts

QUOTE(king timidandslow @ Jan 14 2020, 09:43 PM)
its just like selling used cars, you will always get a better price if you sell the item yourself to the end user/buyer, instead of letting da middleman take a cut
ok thanks for the heads-up.
selinix
post Jan 15 2020, 08:07 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,901 posts

QUOTE(wongtheboy92 @ Jan 12 2020, 01:15 PM)
I have a plan to sell my watch there. So, it seems it is not that recommended to do so. So, selling at other platforms sounds more reasonable then? Thanks for the heads-up.
They are a reseller, and when you sell a watch to them they will offer the lowest possible to make the most profit out of it. Just normal business procedure. It works for those who want to urgently get rid of their watch piece for a quick cash without going through the hassle of selling it themselves to any direct buyers. Not everyone are willing to take a risk of selling such an expensive item themselves directly, I've heard of story where seller rolex is rob during COD.

This post has been edited by selinix: Jan 15 2020, 08:08 AM
wongtheboy92
post Jan 15 2020, 09:22 PM

On my way
647 posts

QUOTE(selinix @ Jan 15 2020, 08:07 AM)
They are a reseller, and when you sell a watch to them they will offer the lowest possible to make the most profit out of it. Just normal business procedure. It works for those who want to urgently get rid of their watch piece for a quick cash without going through the hassle of selling it themselves to any direct buyers. Not everyone are willing to take a risk of selling such an expensive item themselves directly, I've heard of story where seller rolex is rob during COD.
I see. So Have you sold your watches to them before, if you have, how is the experience thus far?
selinix
post Jan 15 2020, 10:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,901 posts

QUOTE(wongtheboy92 @ Jan 15 2020, 09:22 PM)
I see. So Have you sold your watches to them before, if you have, how is the experience thus far?
Nope. To be honest been there to make some inquiry and their staff is pretty cocky i must say.
Clueless07
post Jan 16 2020, 09:10 AM

On my way
616 posts

QUOTE(selinix @ Jan 15 2020, 10:06 PM)
Nope. To be honest been there to make some inquiry and their staff is pretty cocky i must say.
yes, i agree with you.
was there few years ago to enquire about 7Friday ( dont ask why this watch.... i am over it now)
The staff just ask me to browse through it on the touch-screen computer at the counter - and walk off busy with other things.

Din even bother to explain, or do some customer engagement.
totally ignores about the basic of sales, business and particularly customer service.

The watch could be not worth so much profit for u, but every customer which walk in- is prospect for future bigger business.
A person which purchase a casio at 15, would be buying Seiko at 20, Omega at 30 and rolex at 40

also words spreads, especially negative words

Every time i drive pass WW at Subang... i will have that negative feel of *meh!

note: i got no issue of them buying the Tudor at 50%, it is their business model. Willing buyer, willing seller. In that case- the seller get a quick deal, low risk. He could have also do more research, and take more effort to meet up with other buyers which could offer more.

what i regret most, is their customer service.

*note- another time i walk into another watch shop at Scott Garden, before HH session. with no intention to purchase as those very high end sub sale. i got a very good chat with one of the dude there. he knew i wasnt buying- but no harm making another friend.
selinix
post Jan 16 2020, 09:25 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,901 posts

QUOTE(Clueless07 @ Jan 16 2020, 09:10 AM)
yes, i agree with you.
was there few years ago to enquire about 7Friday ( dont ask why this watch.... i am over it now)
The staff just ask me to browse through it on the touch-screen computer at the counter - and walk off busy with other things.

Din even bother to explain, or do some customer engagement.
totally ignores about the basic of sales, business and particularly customer service.

The watch could be not worth so much profit for u, but every customer which walk in- is prospect for future bigger business.
A person which purchase a casio at 15, would be buying  Seiko at 20, Omega at 30 and rolex at 40

also words spreads, especially negative words

Every time i drive pass WW at Subang... i will have that negative feel of *meh!

note: i got no issue of them buying the Tudor at 50%, it is their business model. Willing buyer, willing seller. In that case- the seller get a quick deal, low risk. He could have also do more research, and take more effort to meet up with other buyers which could offer more.

what i regret most, is their customer service.

*note- another time i walk into another watch shop at Scott Garden, before HH session. with no intention to purchase as those very high end sub sale. i got a very good chat with one of the dude there. he knew i wasnt buying- but no harm making another friend.
I guess to sum it up, their attitude is base on "you need me more than i need you"
wongtheboy92
post Jan 16 2020, 03:15 PM

On my way
647 posts

QUOTE(selinix @ Jan 16 2020, 09:25 AM)
I guess to sum it up, their attitude is base on "you need me more than i need you"
Yeah, in Chinese, they use "colored eyes" to see you, then only decide whether to serve you or no. If you really look ordinary or average, not any big boss or rich kind of person, they will just ignore you. I really don't like such feeling / experience thou I am not any popular rich guy. dry.gif
x-1o8-x
post Jan 16 2020, 09:39 PM

LOLICON Admin
1,136 posts

seems like subang jaya branch have some service issues from you guys' feedback

my experience at the one in penang was pretty pleasant even though i didnt end up buying any watch from them
Clueless07
post Jan 17 2020, 08:38 AM

On my way
616 posts

yeah - it can be different from branch to branch.
but overall- if the boss/owner endorse or dont correct such behaviour.... it will just made lots of potential buyer shy away from them.

they could be happily serving their senior or rich group of customer.... they might dont need us. but neither do we need them- there are lots of other reseller around.
It ain monopoly, it is a premium item, not an necessity. importantly- we value the watch as much as the buying experience

This post has been edited by Clueless07: Jan 17 2020, 08:39 AM

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0322sec    1.87    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 27th January 2020 - 03:25 PM