Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Buying from Wing Wah Watch - Subang, First time buying watch

views

selinix
post Jan 15 2020, 08:07 AM

Look at all my stars!!
7,343 posts

QUOTE(wongtheboy92 @ Jan 12 2020, 01:15 PM)
I have a plan to sell my watch there. So, it seems it is not that recommended to do so. So, selling at other platforms sounds more reasonable then? Thanks for the heads-up.
They are a reseller, and when you sell a watch to them they will offer the lowest possible to make the most profit out of it. Just normal business procedure. It works for those who want to urgently get rid of their watch piece for a quick cash without going through the hassle of selling it themselves to any direct buyers. Not everyone are willing to take a risk of selling such an expensive item themselves directly, I've heard of story where seller rolex is rob during COD.

This post has been edited by selinix: Jan 15 2020, 08:08 AM
selinix
post Jan 15 2020, 10:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
7,343 posts

QUOTE(wongtheboy92 @ Jan 15 2020, 09:22 PM)
I see. So Have you sold your watches to them before, if you have, how is the experience thus far?
Nope. To be honest been there to make some inquiry and their staff is pretty cocky i must say.
selinix
post Jan 16 2020, 09:25 AM

Look at all my stars!!
7,343 posts

QUOTE(Clueless07 @ Jan 16 2020, 09:10 AM)
yes, i agree with you.
was there few years ago to enquire about 7Friday ( dont ask why this watch.... i am over it now)
The staff just ask me to browse through it on the touch-screen computer at the counter - and walk off busy with other things.

Din even bother to explain, or do some customer engagement.
totally ignores about the basic of sales, business and particularly customer service.

The watch could be not worth so much profit for u, but every customer which walk in- is prospect for future bigger business.
A person which purchase a casio at 15, would be buying  Seiko at 20, Omega at 30 and rolex at 40

also words spreads, especially negative words

Every time i drive pass WW at Subang... i will have that negative feel of *meh!

note: i got no issue of them buying the Tudor at 50%, it is their business model. Willing buyer, willing seller. In that case- the seller get a quick deal, low risk. He could have also do more research, and take more effort to meet up with other buyers which could offer more.

what i regret most, is their customer service.

*note- another time i walk into another watch shop at Scott Garden, before HH session. with no intention to purchase as those very high end sub sale. i got a very good chat with one of the dude there. he knew i wasnt buying- but no harm making another friend.
I guess to sum it up, their attitude is base on "you need me more than i need you"

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0140sec    0.43    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:51 AM