Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Expensive data roaming plan RM38, how to turn this thing off ?

views

TSlocalbus
post Feb 27 2018, 05:40 PM, updated 7y ago

27 posts

stated on the webpage :

MaxisONE Plan users are automatically subscribed to MaxisONE World. All they need to do is just to switch on their roaming in their phones.

Turn on data roaming or make a call or send an SMS.

My problem is that i don't need the whole day plan... Recently travel to Singapore and every morning I only received 1 or 2 important SMS. and Data roaming is OFF.

But when i back home.. the bill put 4 days of RM38 each day... thats RM152 for few SMS i did....

gunaraj
post Feb 27 2018, 05:51 PM

Getting Started
123 posts

I had the same issue when I traveled to Singapore. It seems they enable it automatically for 8 Asean regions regardless. As long you exceed a threshold of RM10.00 per day via Call( called/received) or SMS. Sometimes it doesn't make sense cause I receive call from Maxis only not even more than 1 minutes or less but still get it activated automatically and they mention it exceed RM10.00 so automatically actives the service. The most annoying is that the option they gave me after coming back from overseas call to cancel roaming and subscribe again when travelling..

FYI as long your Line appears as overseas Telco with Data Mode off.. Their trigger will be call and sms.

TSlocalbus
post Feb 27 2018, 08:32 PM

27 posts

QUOTE(gunaraj @ Feb 27 2018, 05:51 PM)
I had the same issue when I traveled to Singapore. It seems they enable it automatically for 8 Asean regions regardless. As long you exceed a threshold of RM10.00 per day via Call( called/received) or SMS. Sometimes it doesn't make sense cause I receive call from Maxis only not even more than 1 minutes or less but still get it activated automatically and they mention it exceed RM10.00 so automatically actives the service. The most annoying is that the option they gave me after coming back from overseas call to cancel roaming and subscribe again when travelling..

FYI as long your Line appears as overseas Telco with Data Mode off.. Their trigger will be call and sms.
Exactly.. its total ripped off.... compare to cheaper daily on prepaid.... or other telco.

I don't want to disable the roaming because i still need to get the SMS.... but like yours.. 1 SMS is RM38 regardless.

They should follow some country.... allow call roaming but can disable the data roaming....

fkinmeng
post Feb 28 2018, 12:42 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,179 posts

Welcome to Maxis.

I kena before also, the RM10 thing somehow didnt work, immediately RM38.
TSlocalbus
post Feb 28 2018, 02:03 PM

27 posts

QUOTE(fkinmeng @ Feb 28 2018, 12:42 AM)
Welcome to Maxis.

I kena before also, the RM10 thing somehow didnt work, immediately RM38.
haiz..... worst plan among all...
TSlocalbus
post Feb 28 2018, 02:05 PM

27 posts

I don't think there is threshold of RM10.... already chat with the Maxis twitter guy.... there is no such thing as RM10 threshold ....

He only give me 1 advice and that is to deactivate roaming....
fkinmeng
post Feb 28 2018, 05:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,179 posts

QUOTE(localbus @ Feb 28 2018, 02:05 PM)
I don't think there is threshold of RM10.... already chat with the Maxis twitter guy.... there is no such thing as RM10 threshold ....

He only give me 1 advice and that is to deactivate roaming....
It is in the TNC, at least it was there previously.
tky1993
post Mar 1 2018, 04:07 PM

On my way
544 posts

Checkout digi plan. It's free!
alextan99
post Mar 1 2018, 04:10 PM

Wassup
2,645 posts

though to receive SMS is free .... luckily I'm with Kuning prepaid and receive SMS roaming is free
MilesAndMore
post Mar 2 2018, 11:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
9,290 posts

QUOTE(alextan99 @ Mar 1 2018, 04:10 PM)
though to receive SMS is free .... luckily I'm with Kuning prepaid and receive SMS roaming is free
To receive SMS on roaming is indeed free. To avoid auto activation of this MaxisONE World pass, you need to unsubscribe to voicemail, not to accept any call, not to reply or send any SMS and to turn off your data roaming. Your MaxisONE World pass will not be activated as long as you do not answer the call when you are overseas with your voicemail turned off.
koba76
post Apr 5 2018, 09:24 PM

Casual
404 posts

RM 38 too expensive...rm18 ok laa..pls rivise the roaming charge...
Maxis
post Apr 6 2018, 04:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,705 posts

QUOTE(koba76 @ Apr 5 2018, 09:24 PM)
RM 38 too expensive...rm18 ok laa..pls rivise the roaming charge...
Hi koba76,

We do have more details at below link > Frequently Asked Questions

http://www.maxis.com.my/en/personal/servic...g/oneworld.html

TQ

DaTaPcHousE
post Apr 6 2018, 05:32 PM

Getting Started
150 posts

QUOTE(Maxis @ Apr 6 2018, 04:44 PM)
Hi koba76,
We do have more details at below link > Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.maxis.com.my/en/personal/servic...g/oneworld.html
TQ
You are not helping....... dry.gif
People need option to disable one world pass,
maxis are raping one plan user who travel to Asean with less call/data/sms charge puke.gif puke.gif
DaTaPcHousE
post Apr 6 2018, 05:33 PM

Getting Started
150 posts

QUOTE(localbus @ Feb 27 2018, 05:40 PM)
stated on the webpage :

MaxisONE Plan users are automatically subscribed to MaxisONE World. All they need to do is just to switch on their roaming in their phones.

My problem is that i don't need the whole day plan... Recently travel to Singapore and every morning I only received 1 or 2 important SMS. and Data roaming is OFF.

But when i back home.. the bill put 4 days of RM38 each day... thats RM152 for few SMS i did....
can write letter to SKMM biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by DaTaPcHousE: Apr 6 2018, 05:35 PM
Maxis
post Apr 7 2018, 04:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,705 posts

QUOTE(DaTaPcHousE @ Apr 6 2018, 05:33 PM)
can write letter to SKMM biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif
--PMed--
koba76
post Apr 8 2018, 02:20 AM

Casual
404 posts

Maybe this will help for those who travel just for a short trip like going to singapore or thai/malaysia border...select non preferred operator...the pass will not be activate and charge it separately...maybe maxis can help here about the charge for call and sms on non preferred operator..

This post has been edited by koba76: Apr 8 2018, 02:22 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
cucubud
post Apr 9 2018, 09:35 AM

Super Moderator
3,067 posts

QUOTE(DaTaPcHousE @ Apr 6 2018, 05:33 PM)
can write letter to SKMM biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif
QUOTE(Maxis @ Apr 7 2018, 04:05 PM)
--PMed--
Hi Maxis,

Everyone want to know what to do.
Don't just PM to one person while the rest are hoping to see a reply from your side.
GamaX320
post Apr 20 2018, 09:03 AM

Enthusiast
807 posts

If i travel oversea and dont plug my sim card out and let it airplne mode will it been charge for roaming?
Maxis
post Apr 21 2018, 03:12 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,705 posts

QUOTE(GamaX320 @ Apr 20 2018, 09:03 AM)
If i travel oversea and dont plug my sim card out and let it airplne mode will it been charge for roaming?
Hi GamaX320,

It will charge any roaming charges. Just need to ensure that the data roaming is switched off via your phone settings.

TQ
Elizabeth11
post Jun 28 2018, 11:19 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(localbus @ Feb 27 2018, 05:40 PM)
stated on the webpage :

It happened to me also, I called the Maxis center and they said this is the only plan they have for all Maxis users. It's really unfair! I still want my roaming to be on for emergency calls and how can Maxis force such charges on us.

I filed an official complaint on KPDNKK and MCMC.
It will be great if you guys can file the same thing to these agency for them to take actions.

KPDNKK: https://e-aduan.kpdnkk.gov.my

PENGESAHAN PENERIMAAN ADUAN (01812184)

Dengan segala hormatnya perkara di atas adalah dirujuk,

2.       Adalah dimaklumkan bahawa aduan tuan/puan telah diterima dan kini di dalam proses untuk diambil tindakan selanjutnya dalam masa 21 hari bekerja.

3.       Sebarang pertanyaan atau semakan aduan tuan/puan bolehlah melayari dan log masuk ke Portal e-Aduan KPDNKK di https://e-aduan.kpdnkk.gov.my atau menghubungi talian Hotline KPDNKK 1-800-886-800 dengan mengemukakan No. Kad Pengenalan atau  No. Aduan tuan/puan.

4.       Pihak Kementerian mengucapkan ribuan terima kasih di atas kesudian pihak tuan/puan bekerjasama dalam meningkatkan mutu perkhidmatan kami.

"BERKHIDMAT UNTUK NEGARA"
"KUASA PENGGUNA : SATU PENGGUNA SATU SUARA"

Sekian, terima kasih.

Kementerian Perdagangan Dalam Negeri, Koperasi dan Kepenggunaan (KPDNKK)

MCMC: https://www.mcmc.gov.my/make-a-complaint/complaint-circle
Dear Sir/Madam,

The following is a brief summary of a complaint which you have lodged with MCMC.

Complaint ID: 0618-01-0002770-MXS
Service Provider: MAXIS
Complaint Category: Bill & Charging
Complaint Subcategory: Unreasonable Charges
Complaint Details: When I travel to SG and receive or make a phone call, they will automatically charged me RM38 for the whole day instead of charging me per call rate. I have called maxis to ask for clarification and an option opt out this service. They said these are the selected countries and they do the same to everyone because this is the only plan that is available. As a customer, I do not have a choice to opt out and I have to pay RM38 if I make/receive 1 phone call for that day that is more than 3 mins in Singapore. 1 phone call in Sinagpore for 1 day should not cost a customer RM38. This is really not fair for Maxis to automatically charge all their customers who received or make phone call one time per day in their "selected 9 countries". I'm very sure there are a lot of Maxis users who are not aware of this automatically charge of RM38.

Please use the Complaint ID: 0618-01-0002770-MXS for all future communication with MCMC regarding this complaint. You may use the given ID to check the status of the complaint in the MCMC

Thank you.

Complaint Team

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0181sec    0.35    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:12 AM