Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

don't sign up Maxis Home Fiber, don't sign up Maxis Home Fiber

views

TSboo82
post Feb 8 2018, 11:59 AM, updated 7y ago

Getting Started
232 posts

i am a maxis home fiber subscriber. Almost to 12 months and another 12 more months to go.
right now, having intermittent internet issue and now my internet is down. call support, ask to wait for 48 hours.
few weeks back i called for them to check, and they didn't check but just inform me due to maxis upgrade. And now this issue arise again and ask me to wait for another 48 hours.

So just bear in mind before you sign up Maxis Fiber.
i) can you tolerate 48 hours or more without internet
ii) frequent internet disconnection (at least once a day)
iii) call customer service and prepare to wait 15mins or more before being entertained

frankly speaking, i got good reviews from Maxis before i sign up last year, but after that it seems Maxis no longer have good reputation or service. I guess just like P1 in the past. initial sign up was good, but after that they don't care since customer are bound to the 2 years contract.
Good luck maxis. Hopefully this reviews goes all out to other users to think twice before signing up maxis as you will regret later.

brianzenx
post Feb 8 2018, 12:05 PM

5 posts

Thank you for the heads up, I was about to sign up for Maxis, didn't know their service is like this. I think im here to stay with Unifi, they have come a long way to improve their services.
acbc
post Feb 8 2018, 12:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,476 posts

Avoid at all cost.

I'm stuck with 1 year contract and can't terminate.
barista
post Feb 8 2018, 12:07 PM

I want to retire
871 posts

I thought they have Maxpert? The service is not available for everyone?
aanas22
post Feb 8 2018, 12:11 PM

45 posts

Been with Maxis Fibre for 3 years. Im fine. better than Unifi. Consistent I say. Which area r u in? I guess that varies with area I think. Had to swap the router to with an asus one. No sudden ping spikes. Then again maxis is still using allocated lines under Unif.
lowyard
post Feb 8 2018, 12:13 PM

Nexus 4, 4 Nexers.
2,035 posts

Why we aren't protected against this exploitation? If the service sucks, we should be allowed to terminate without being penalised. It's such a torture and pain to keep on paying for something below standard. 24 months contract is insane anyway.
aeiou228
post Feb 8 2018, 12:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,831 posts

My Maxis fiber was down since 11pm.
Was put on hold on the line for 30min before a technical personnel accepted my report.
Was told got issue in my area and given a report num. wait 48hrs.
nglg212
post Feb 8 2018, 12:23 PM

Casual
312 posts

might be your area or the infra at your area is having some issue. Previously i was the broadband user with 1MB, complaints like nobody business. After upgraded to fibre, less problem. Still depends on the luck also sometime...
nglg212
post Feb 8 2018, 12:24 PM

Casual
312 posts

QUOTE(aeiou228 @ Feb 8 2018, 12:18 PM)
My Maxis fiber was down since 11pm.
Was put on hold on the line for 30min before a technical personnel accepted my report.
Was told got issue in my area and given a report num. wait 48hrs.
sometime could be longer that this, experienced before...have to keep on calling them.
aeiou228
post Feb 8 2018, 12:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,831 posts

QUOTE(nglg212 @ Feb 8 2018, 12:24 PM)
sometime could be longer that this, experienced before...have to keep on calling them.
I gave up calling them. The IVR put me on hold listen to music for 30min. mad.gif
Luckily got Unifi mobile as back up internet.
nglg212
post Feb 8 2018, 02:27 PM

Casual
312 posts

QUOTE(aeiou228 @ Feb 8 2018, 12:33 PM)
I gave up calling them.  The IVR put me on hold listen to music for 30min.  mad.gif
Luckily got Unifi mobile as back up internet.
me too...last time every day i made a call, music about 30 mins...like airasia call center....never ending waiting..
SilentVampire
post Feb 9 2018, 09:48 AM

Networking Enthusiast
5,706 posts

QUOTE(yuracantik @ Feb 9 2018, 02:34 AM)
maxis everyday down 1. My office pakai maxis fiber and in 1 week only 2 or 3 days will have internet. When office call them up also they play blame game. Tm is shit but maxis is even shitter.
If you are using the Maxis router in an office environment, that is your problem. The router is not meant for enterprise use and is a real basic lousy router. Upgrade to something more powerful and your internet won’t be down constantly.
harvin6
post Feb 9 2018, 09:51 AM

On my way
516 posts

lol been using maxis fiber for 3 years also super... not down time at all. recently got message they doing upgrade for 8-9 feb will have interruption im not sure if thats related to your case.... just for your info (all fiber servicers are runnning under tm fiber facility)
SonnyCooL
post Feb 20 2018, 02:25 AM

Web Bastard
5,957 posts

QUOTE(lowyard @ Feb 8 2018, 12:13 PM)
Why we aren't protected against this exploitation? If the service sucks, we should be allowed to terminate without being penalised. It's such a torture and pain to keep on paying for something below standard. 24 months contract is insane anyway.
even mid night iflix also fail ....

Attached Image
Theoutspokenguy
post Feb 20 2018, 08:22 AM

I buwee ktards ke ke
4,602 posts

QUOTE(boo82 @ Feb 8 2018, 11:59 AM)
i am a maxis home fiber subscriber. Almost to 12 months and another 12 more months to go.
right now, having intermittent internet issue and now my internet is down. call support, ask to wait for 48 hours.
few weeks back i called for them to check, and they didn't check but just inform me due to maxis upgrade. And now this issue arise again and ask me to wait for another 48 hours. 

iii) call customer service and prepare to wait 15mins or more before being entertained

frankly speaking, i got good reviews from Maxis before i sign up last year, but after that it seems Maxis no longer have good reputation or service. I guess just like P1 in the past. initial sign up was good, but after that they don't care since customer are bound to the 2 years contract.
Good luck maxis. Hopefully this reviews goes all out to other users to think twice before signing up maxis as you will regret later.
I already expected this so i stick to unifi even its more expensive because TM lease the line to maxis and maxis existing team is small so expecting to wait 48 hours or more is pretty expected.
I am on unifi havent had such issue ever and their support comes pretty fast within 1 to 2 working days.
erict68
post Mar 14 2018, 11:04 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

Interesting topic, I have been with Maxis Fibre coming to 3 years. Contract will be ended soon. Initially taken up the 10M then last year took the 20M offer package. The intermittently disconnect issue happen to me as well, but after replaced the maxis router with Asus one, problem gone forever. I'm staying in a quite new area at Puchong South, average experience once or twice in a year with no internet, however they managed to resolved issue within a day or 2.
As I'm using IPTV service, recently discovered that movie buffer more often then before, just wondering shall I sign up for TM.
cibe
post Mar 26 2018, 12:28 AM

7 posts

I had both unifi and maxis at 2 different locations. Unifi very seldom had problems. Maxis is recently installed and FYI, their technicians failed to connect their router to their notebook ending up I had to use mine.

Maxis router TG389ac sucks. My static IP was not captured by the router and it gave me a new DHCP ip. I get duplicated IP. Everytime when I boot up my pc, I had to login to router and change the old static ip to a new one. And do the same for my port forwading.

2nd problem is that internet was very slow. So I had no option but to replace the router. Can you like really hopeful on them to fix the problem?

You people are right. Their careline service sucks. I gave up waiting for even 5 mins. Both unifi and maxis careline have ads, right at the beginning of the call. Its very annoying. Then you go thru so many options. Wasting our $ and time.

FYI, their router sucks. TG389ac. You can't change DNS IP address. You can only change them from you adapter's TCPIP4. You can't add port range in port forwarding. God, you can't even reboot remotely! Their gateway 10.100.0.1 sucks. It's ping is above 2000 ms.

To complicate things, you have WAN IP and another public IP. Good luck playing MMORPG games.

If you have firewall, I bet the log is big because you get ARP spoofing from the router. Clean your log.

My point of view, maxis router sucks. Unlike unifi's which is much user friendly and configurable.
markming
post Apr 3 2018, 07:27 PM

3 posts

Im still using maxis fibre now and want to change to digi infinite. Hope they still open the service at that time
feihong93
post Apr 7 2018, 10:25 AM

6 posts

QUOTE(boo82 @ Feb 8 2018, 11:59 AM)

Was been using Maxis Fibre for years but have change to TIME after TIME has coverage in my area, super speed with good price, agent also fast response and install within 3 days. If you are interest, may pm me for agent contact.
Currylaksa
post Apr 7 2018, 09:30 PM

Regular
1,616 posts

Right now 400ms to Overwatch server sad.gif

Dunno what happened to the service

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0149sec    0.36    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:43 PM