Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Grab Driver Discussion V4, Info and FAQ

views

river.sand
post Dec 17 2017, 01:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,788 posts

QUOTE(calphang @ Dec 17 2017, 08:38 AM)
Anyone feel using GRAB GPS better than waze gps? my experience is GRAB GPS position more accuracy and the distance pickup mostly bellow 3 KM. I turn on available after drop off.
Waze picks the fastest, not the shortest, routes.

river.sand
post Dec 23 2017, 05:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,788 posts

QUOTE(JohnL77 @ Dec 23 2017, 01:49 AM)
Nah, give you blood boil even more:

Dear all fucking Uber drivers,
Listen here, if next time you see someones order a ride on your Uber Driver apps, and that person order for a 5-10 minutes (2-3 km) short ride, but you muhfuckers is like 20 friggin minutes away from the person. Then stop fucking accept the order idiot. Ain't nobody got time to wait you arriving in 20 minutes just for a 5 minutes 3 km ride. 3 km distance, if I walk in fast pace, I can finish it in 30 minutes, yeah, if you want people to wait you for 20 minutes adding you driving the passenger to destination in 10 minutes, it is like, the total lead time is 30 minutes, then why don't I just fucking walk, free of charge, instead of order a ride that lead time is also 30 minutes, where I have to pay. Also, for Jesus sake please don't accpet order if you're on the way finishing a current ride. Just drop that fucking passenger first then only accept a new order.
I know all you want is just money and profit dawg, I know you maybe broke as fuck that's why you want to accept so many order so badly. But please, no passengers would appeciate you drivers fucking with their precious time too. People got exam and need to attend to tutorial class, which the class is conduct by some 40 y/o witch, that has no sense of flexibility in time management, saying "If the tutorial class start at 8am but you arive at 8:01am, there is no attendence for you". Can you see it my dearly Uber driver? Our tutor is some crazy ass bananas. I ain't got extra waiting time for you to waste. I know you going to tell me, "Oh, if your class start at 8am, then you should order the ride earlier, like on 7:25am". Shut the fuck up my friend, because i'm the one who pay you, and you're the one who need to fulfil my demand and make me satisfy customer. And the thing that piss my buttocks so much, is after I order for a Uber ride, if I decide to cancel it, Uber wants to charge me for MONEY. Dafuq was that? The Uber CEO must be trippin balls, you literally charge money, from people who's not making any services trade. You can't ripoff people's money like that if there is no sales and trade. Fucking donkey.
Sorry for I can't control my profanity, I ain't no Christian tho btw, so fuck it. Why don't you Uber drivers just accept order that is near to you  long distance ride. So that we who wants a short distance ride, would not need to wait for so long. You happy, people happy.

https://www.facebook.com/confessionstarc/po...590201967725585
Problem with Uber back-to-back algorithm. Sometimes, as soon as I start a trip, another ping comes in. And I am more than 10 min from dropping off current rider. Another 10 min to reach the next rider, so total waiting time 20 minutes.

Normally I only accept the next request when I am 5 minutes to dropping off current rider. But I guess other drivers don't do that...

river.sand
post Dec 27 2017, 07:28 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,788 posts

Just registered for Grab.
If passenger ask me to stop at location different from the preset drop off point, what should I do?

(The trainer mentioned it but I forget liao.)
river.sand
post Dec 27 2017, 10:44 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,788 posts

My Xiaomi phone has GPS issue when Grab app is running. Guess I need to get a new phone cry.gif

Please recommend a phone. Budget 1.2k, 5.5-inch...

Please do not tell me iPhone. If I can afford godphone, I won't be doing crap lah cry.gif
river.sand
post Dec 27 2017, 11:38 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,788 posts

QUOTE(JohnL77 @ Dec 27 2017, 11:01 AM)
R u sure your phone has issue? U tried changing the Battery Saver settings already?
If Grab app not running, Waze works well.
Only got problem if Grab is running. Same will Uber last time.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
river.sand
post Dec 27 2017, 11:40 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,788 posts

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Dec 27 2017, 09:16 AM)
Haha i am picking viet language after thisπŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Here viet very pandai mandarin dont play play✌✌✌✌
Be their patron brows.gif

river.sand
post Dec 27 2017, 08:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,788 posts

Why my phone didn't ring when pings came in hmm.gif

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
river.sand
post Dec 28 2017, 01:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,788 posts

QUOTE(keretapir @ Dec 27 2017, 10:50 AM)
Asus. Get those with snapdragon chipsets, not Intel chipsets.
Or huawei/honor
Huawei uses Kirin chipset, right?
Good with GPS?
river.sand
post Dec 29 2017, 10:46 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,788 posts

QUOTE(akagidemon @ Dec 27 2017, 12:22 PM)
exactly the same as my problem.
Which mobile network are you on? Wondering if mobile network affects Waze hmm.gif
I am using Xiaomi on U Mobile.
river.sand
post Dec 29 2017, 11:31 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,788 posts

QUOTE(monkeyfunk @ Dec 29 2017, 11:25 AM)
I have been experiencing the same problem on my redmi note 4 after latest software updates for the past few weeks, always no connection. Thank god when running grab it works perfectly. Normally what i did, I switch on Waze before hand and let it runs few minutes before searching destination. Plus when you are searching, just wait until it gives results. I have complained to both xiaomi and waze as well. Not sure who is the culprit.
If Grab/Uber complain the chance of Xiaomi and Waze looking into it is higher.
river.sand
post Dec 29 2017, 11:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,788 posts

If I change my phone I need to update IMEI in crap database right? How to do that?
river.sand
post Dec 30 2017, 08:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,788 posts

QUOTE(flyingteeku @ Dec 28 2017, 01:54 PM)
I am using huawei honor 6X, gps very smooth and no lag...
Sorry if I ask in the wrong thread...

Just got a cheap Huawei Honor 5X.
May I know how to control which apps to auto start after reboot?
river.sand
post Dec 30 2017, 09:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,788 posts

QUOTE(1UP @ Dec 30 2017, 08:36 PM)
What do u mean by auto start. Try give more details
Start the apps automatically when the phone is rebooted.
From what I read, it's better to start Waze before Grab Driver. So I want to make sure Grab doesn't auto start.

P/S on Huawei phone.
river.sand
post Dec 31 2017, 07:37 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,788 posts

QUOTE(1UP @ Dec 31 2017, 12:20 AM)
Don't think u can choose app to autostart. What u can do is to go to settings in Crap app n choose Waze as your navigation app
I can do that with Xiaomi. I make sure Grab doesn't autostart, and I want Twilight to start at boot.
Can't find a way to do so in Huawei.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
river.sand
post Jan 3 2018, 02:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,788 posts

May I know how I can close the Grab app when I am offline? It's drawing too much power.

P/S Android Huawei

This post has been edited by river.sand: Jan 3 2018, 02:48 PM
river.sand
post Jan 3 2018, 02:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,788 posts

QUOTE(hightechgadgets8 @ Jan 3 2018, 02:35 PM)
what phone? android or iphone
Android, Huawei
river.sand
post Jan 9 2018, 09:07 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,788 posts

QUOTE(wak_amat @ Jan 9 2018, 07:56 AM)
Was in KLIA queuing for pickups. at about 8:04 am start 501-600
At about 11 am was 91-100.
Then no update for quite long.
Stayed right inside Landside Operations.
Then received

RM0 GRAB: Selamat Datang ke KLIA. Nombor giliran anda untuk: GrabCar: adalah antara 501 hingga 600
Pastikan baki Credit Wallet anda mencukupi untuk menerima tempahan. Info lanjut: bit.ly/KLIAqueue

Devastating. Called CS, said they take the report, and put back in queue. While by then already in queue and to 401-450.

Then, not so long to get 351-400. Again back to 501-600.
Called CS why pushed back. The answer is they record the case... "ada apa-apa lagi kami boleh bantu?"

Tired waiting. Just left KLIA empty. If know that will easily happen, better get out after dropping off the morning passenger.

I had GPS installed in car, sending location every 10 seconds using XOX.
Noticed a gap between 11:04 and 11:09 which means network fail between that time. Since XOX is riding Celcom, that means Celcom failed during that time that cost me losing the queue.

There is also gap between 11:13 - 11:18, 11:27 - 11:28, 11:31 - 11:33
This maybe factor the second time queue pushed back.

Called Celcom that I noticed the Grab App is "Connecting" several times, but since the resolution is to check my sim card and do troubleshooting, I think that is nonsence since that does not happen elsewhere. When back to Cheras and run around the evening, never have "Connecting" issue.

Asked Grab CS if using wifi from other handset on other telco operator set as hotspot will have effect on Grab Driver App, CS said no effect. But WE1207 last year I was accused of not using genuine driver app. That time very often set other phone (on Digi) as hotspot, and Driver App connects through the hotspot. The iphone which run driver app use celcom.

Anyone experiencing this?
What phone are you using?
river.sand
post Jan 14 2018, 03:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,788 posts

This morning made a mistake when doing b2b job.

As I was dropping off the 1st rider, I accidentally touched the 'Pick Up' button. The screen showed the destination of the 2nd rider. I could not backtrack or cancel. In the end, I called the 2nd rider, asked for his pick up point sweat.gif

river.sand
post Jan 15 2018, 08:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,788 posts

Wanna know...
If I do HG, can I stop new ping coming in when I am dropping off a rider?

Sometimes, the waiting time of the second rider is too long and they will just cancel.
river.sand
post Jan 16 2018, 07:20 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,788 posts

QUOTE(marmurra @ Jan 16 2018, 01:32 AM)
-Yes you can.
(That scenario is officially called Back to back, acronymed B2B).
Before I continue more...is it android or IOS?
Android

19 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.4052sec    0.15    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:26 AM