Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Property agents who buy buyers' information, You be the judge

views

BEANCOUNTER
post Dec 12 2017, 10:23 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,146 posts

for investors, its a welcome sign. dun need to hunt for agents to promote yr property.

for ownstayers, its a spam and leak of personal info.

you cant win all.

agreed on the level of English used in their wassups. but this is Malaysia, not many people can be bi lingual or tri lingual. give chance sikit, as long as their services are good.

am more worried abt scam, honestly.

BEANCOUNTER
post Dec 13 2017, 11:19 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,146 posts

QUOTE(kelvinlym @ Dec 12 2017, 11:20 PM)
If you allow your information to be disseminated willingly, sure, no problem.  Heck, if there is a list where owners can put their names and explicitly agree to be called for offers, sign me up.

The situation now is that my and all owners' information is being obtained illegally without our consent.  This is not only a matter of principle but it is in fact illegal in Malaysia since the PDPA came into effect in 2010.

If we don't make a stand now, when will it stop?  How do you know if next time your information is being used to do something illegal?  Will you just shrug and say, "So be it.  I'll just spend time going to the banks, CTOS, employers, police etc to clear my name."  You might be willing to do that, not me.
there is no privacy in Malaysia from the date you were born, period.

gov has all the info, your name, dob, parents, where you stay, what religion and etc. everything is linked to your IC.
gov can use your info to do whatever, including general election.

now who do you want to complain to?
BEANCOUNTER
post Dec 13 2017, 09:17 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,146 posts

QUOTE(kelvinlym @ Dec 13 2017, 03:56 PM)
That is the government.

We are talking about private individuals using your information for commercial gains.  Please educate yourself on privacy laws.

I feel sorry for your ignorance.
Is there any different btw gov make gain off yr personal data and private individuals make gain of your personal data?

You tell me you never got spam or try to scam you by email or ur mobile number?

At least these agents are just cari makan....not take advantage of you.

Get a real life please.
BEANCOUNTER
post Dec 13 2017, 10:30 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,146 posts

QUOTE(kelvinlym @ Dec 13 2017, 10:21 PM)
A government's use of our private data is mandated by law to provide us services and to draw up policies.  This is to ensure that benefits go to the right people, and public funds are being used at the right place.

A private individual or company's use of our data is for commercial gain, which is to gain profits.

If you can't see the difference, then there's no point for us continuing this topic.  You choose what you want to believe, I only educate.

"You tell me you never got spam or try to scam you by email or ur mobile number?"

What does this question have to do with anything?  Would you mind elaborating what you mean?  If you mean that us getting spam or scams is due to the government leaking our info, who do you think is at fault here?  People like you who think it is normal.  When no one objects, no one pressuring their representatives, no one reporting to the authorities, no media to highlight this problem, the culprits will just keep on doing it.

It seems like you have accepted it as a norm.  Whatever floats your boat.  Maybe what I'm highlighting is hitting a little too close to home for you?

I, for one, am trying to do my part to at least protect myself and my data.

At least these agents are just cari makan....not take advantage of you.

Did you even read what you have just written?  doh.gif The practice of using my data without my consent for their own benefit, is literally the definition of "to take advantage of".

Get a real life please.

I will, thanks for the wishes.
Obviously you never heard of gerrymandering.

Who will you complain to when someone spam yr email or scam you via mobile and/or email?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0214sec    0.31    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th May 2022 - 09:02 AM