Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The Official iPhone X Discussion Thread | V3, Pick yours up now!

views

yupio
post Nov 28 2017, 02:15 PM

Pro
1,766 posts

QUOTE(Shufflerz @ Nov 28 2017, 10:48 AM)
Finally changed from good old 6Plus to the X.

One main problem I'm facing right now for the past 3 days was connection inconsistency.

1) Wi-Fi
- TBH my room and the router has quite a distance, the 6Plus can get consistent connection. Whereas the X will jump between 3 bars and 2 bars very often. Like you can see the connection bar up down up down few times in a second. Anyone face this?

2) Cellular Data
- I'm currently on Umobile. Sometime my data will stuck on EDGE for quite sometime. I need to trigger the Cellular Data off and on to get back to LTE connection. Not sure is telco issue or what. Also, never happen on the 6Plus.

What I've done:
- Re-seat sim card - Not working
- Reset Network Setting - Not working
- Factory restore - Not working

What I've yet to do:
- Factory restore and use without restoring my old backup.
(I don't really feel like doing it really)

I'm not saying the X is a bad phone and 6Plus is better. Just some issue I need to tackle for now.

Any more suggestion?
I'd suggest you get your U Mobile sim changed first to see if there is improvement.
yupio
post Nov 28 2017, 09:49 PM

Pro
1,766 posts

QUOTE(moonsunlala @ Nov 28 2017, 09:04 AM)
Purchased an unit of iPhone X from Senq online last Friday and they double charged my credit card. One of them charged successfully and another currently in floating transaction, the transactions bursted my credit card limit and caused my credit card currently not able to use since Saturday.

Reported the issue and took actions below on Sunday:

1) Call customer service but their working hour is weekday 9-6

2) Message their Facebook page but no reply until now

3) Went to one of the Senq outlet but the staff there say nothing they can do because retail and online shop is different entity. (But at least they gave me the sales order number that caused the overcharge)

4) Email their customer service but no reply until now

5) Called Maybank but they say nothing they can do as well, unless Senq cancel the transaction
So i call the CS again yesterday morning :

1) First call at 10am - CS say she will call me back in 1 hour time as she need time to verify

2) Second call at 12.30pm as no one call me! - Another CS say she will call me back latest by 6. (Initially the CS say she will try her best to call me back if she got any update on this matter , but I insist she should call me back to update on this matter as my credit card is unable to use for 4 daya already, and she agreed.)

3) Received a call from internal team, she request me to show proof like bank statement to proof the overcharge. But I tell her politely I am not able to provide her any of them as the overcharged transaction is in floating transaction and the transaction won't go through as it exceeded my credit limit. SHE REPLY 'K' AND CUT OFF MY PHONE right after my reply.

Until now, my credit card still not able to use and non of CS call me back to update me the status.

What a frustrating experience !!!! 😡😡
Must be your unlucky day bro.

I ordered from Senq Online last Friday 24/11/2017 and I received the iPhone X 256GB Silver today via courier. However from their website, its order status is still stated as "Processing". I receive no notification / update whatsoever when it is being prepared or shipped. There was also no tracking number or anything to track. The purchase experience I'd say sucks. You are left hanging there not knowing whether its coming or not or whether they are paying attention to their e-commerce website or not.

The good part is it gets delivered in a short time after you ordered and Senq gives additional 1 year warranty till November 2019 which is stated in their Tax Invoice at no extra charge. And if you pay additional RM21 (so called processing fee) you get to choose from several zero interest 6, 12 or 24 months installment with Credit Card.

Item comes well packed in an outer box double the size of the phone box with ample bubble wrap inside and the original Apple box and phone is still in sealed condition.

Also, I have checked, there's no speck of dusts in the front and rear cameras and there is no scratches whatsoever on any part of the phone.

So I guess, overall I would still recommend buying from them. My credit card goes through fine. Just make sure your internet is strong and stable when you place order.
yupio
post Nov 28 2017, 10:36 PM

Pro
1,766 posts

QUOTE(ftan @ Nov 28 2017, 10:23 PM)
Have to join their member club with minimal fee. It’s quite a good deal.
So far the experience is good and transition is fine. No problem with Face ID even in the car at night with flashes of passing light (passenger). The X is good to hold coz smaller then the plus. My hands are small and I still use both hands to type. I can pick up the gestures ok enough. Still haven’t learn up on the sh1t emoji that attw mentioned. Lol.

I’m not used to the otterbox casing. It’s kinda thick. When the flip case is folded behind, it becomes thicker. I prefer the viva Madrid flip cases I used for i6s+ and i7+. Will try to tahan for now.
Just RM12 per year to join Senq member bro. And you get around 900 points for the purchase which you can change for vouchers to buy other things from them smile.gif
yupio
post Nov 29 2017, 10:11 AM

Pro
1,766 posts

QUOTE(ftan @ Nov 28 2017, 11:04 PM)
Haha. I just tried it. It’s cute. tongue.gif
Thanks for the info. I joined before but lapse on the membership. 900 points for a 5k phone? It’s not one point per one myr?

Btw, am not a bro. smile.gif
My apologies Sis. Too often the 'bro' appears in my sentences and I dunno why lol.

No worries on membership lapse, you can just renew it for RM12...to me, its quite worth it. RM12 renews your membership which gets you free additional 1 year warranty.

On the points side, I'm not really bothered. Not even sure what I can do with it lol.

This post has been edited by yupio: Nov 29 2017, 01:02 PM
yupio
post Nov 29 2017, 10:31 AM

Pro
1,766 posts

For TG, I went for the Hoda non full coverage (white box) ones. It's very good and does not have the space in the top ambient sensor part so, no dust will be deposited there. Quite happy with that. Only thing it is not full coverage so you still have like 2mm on all four sides of the screen that is not covered but with a case on, it's not a concern at all.

Drop by Machines Empire Mall yesterday, they have stock for iPhone X 64GB only. No more stock for 256GB. Also no stock for Hoda full coverage. Only the non full coverage left a few pcs.
yupio
post Nov 29 2017, 10:42 AM

Pro
1,766 posts

QUOTE(attw @ Nov 29 2017, 10:33 AM)
I think for the X, the non-full cover one would suffice. The edges should be well protected by the stainless steel frame. Kua.
Don't think TG / SP can protect from drop. It's mainly to protect the screen from scratch and wear & tear. For drops, casing would play important part and it still depend on how it is dropped. Some luck also required. Best is to try not to drop such an expensive hardware.
yupio
post Nov 29 2017, 04:51 PM

Pro
1,766 posts

QUOTE(INGfusion @ Nov 29 2017, 04:39 PM)
yea lo 256 stock limited
One workable solution would be to buy a new unit and use first....when the replacement unit comes back, sell it off or pass it to your maid to use. thumbsup.gif
yupio
post Nov 29 2017, 07:39 PM

Pro
1,766 posts

QUOTE(legalaid @ Nov 29 2017, 07:28 PM)
faulty unit doesnt need to return?
Need. Return when the replacement unit reaches you.
yupio
post Nov 30 2017, 10:28 AM

Pro
1,766 posts

To those using Ringke Fusion, I’ve just ordered one and waiting for it to arrive, can I ask whether the case back will have the sticky effect against the phone back? Like got water in between the phone back and the case?
yupio
post Nov 30 2017, 10:29 AM

Pro
1,766 posts

QUOTE(meghamtaro @ Nov 30 2017, 10:25 AM)
Tried every seng heng nad senq all over PJ and was told out of stocks.
Just order online. I ordered through their Senq Online and got it delivered in 2 days.
yupio
post Dec 1 2017, 12:25 PM

Pro
1,766 posts

QUOTE(meghamtaro @ Nov 30 2017, 11:32 AM)
oh? did you also took instalment for that? lastly can we do instalments 0% without adding anything on top? also how long can we do the installment 12,24,36?

p
What the...didn’t come in one day and the thread spanned another 10 pages already.

I did not go for instalment and opted for full one time payment. For instalment, you need to pay additional RM21 administrative fee. Then depending on which credit card and instalment duration you pick, you get charged additional again. Example if you opt for Maybank Amex 24 months then you will be charged the earlier RM21 + RM90 so total RM111 additional for MBB AMEX 24 months zero interest instalment. I didn’t go for it but I think it’s worth it coz you have extended 1 year warranty from Senq and MBB AMEX gives you 5X treats points as well. Compared to Switch (charge you additional RM2xx for instalment) and Machines force you to buy their extended warranty for RM899, the Senq deal is the best out there. By the way the Senq extended warranty gives 1 to 1 replacement should they not able to repair it.

QUOTE(666devil @ Dec 1 2017, 11:06 AM)
Damn the HODA full screen really got defect. Now the dust seeping through the top sensor camera.
Anyone can recommend another full screen glass that is as clear as HODA?
I’m using the Hoda non full coverage type and very happy with it. No dust collected anywhere between the screen and TG.

This post has been edited by yupio: Dec 1 2017, 12:26 PM
yupio
post Dec 1 2017, 02:40 PM

Pro
1,766 posts

QUOTE(attw @ Dec 1 2017, 01:36 PM)
Be warned though that it could take quite long for a warranty claim with SenQ during the second year. I experienced a close to 3 months wait before, ha ha. But that was years and years ago. Could be better now.
It’s something nice to have but not something we expect to use. Lol. Apple is nice to me thus far and hope it will be for me this time around.

Bro you really should go for the iPhone X. The Face ID is so seamless like it’s not there. I mean you don’t even realise it’s recognising your face after a while. I just double tap the screen and the screen lights up then I just swipe up to go to my home screen. Haven’t had any occurrence where it cannot recognise me. Never did use my passcode save for the one time I restart my phone after I finish restoring data from my iPhone 7 Plus.
yupio
post Dec 1 2017, 09:38 PM

Pro
1,766 posts

QUOTE(dikae @ Dec 1 2017, 08:56 PM)
Mine seems deteriorating laugh.gif using passcode more often these few days
You might wanna redo the Face ID registration and do it in a bright place. Make sure you can see your full face in the circle.
yupio
post Dec 4 2017, 12:11 PM

Pro
1,766 posts

QUOTE(INGfusion @ Dec 4 2017, 11:49 AM)
they said sealed set, but i have yet receive the parcel so cant confirm yet
Ensure it is not refurbished set by checking here : https://www.wikihow.com/Identify-a-Refurbished-iPhone
yupio
post Dec 4 2017, 02:28 PM

Pro
1,766 posts

The glass covering our ipx is using Sapphire which is said to be next to diamond in hardness. Under normal usage should not get scratched so easily.
yupio
post Dec 4 2017, 02:31 PM

Pro
1,766 posts

QUOTE(INGfusion @ Dec 4 2017, 12:32 PM)
oh same with my 6s+ got dead pixel than replace just white box on thru machines service center.
first time i bought from local authorized store and claim with apple online, let's see what kind of box i received later
The guide in the link differ slightly for every iphone iteration. For ipx, not sure how it is differentiated. I hope its the same or thereabouts.

Did Apple ask you to pack your phone and to include all accessories that accompany the phone? If yes, highly likely they replacing you with new full set. If they ask for phone only, maybe their replacement set will be a refurb? Once again, not sure for ipx.

Do snap a pic of the box for us when you have it for future reference smile.gif
yupio
post Dec 4 2017, 05:31 PM

Pro
1,766 posts

QUOTE(INGfusion @ Dec 4 2017, 05:18 PM)
[attachmentid=9400253]

yes! replaced brand new sealed set  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif
Nice bro. Apple's after sales service is still top notch.
yupio
post Dec 4 2017, 06:02 PM

Pro
1,766 posts

QUOTE(INGfusion @ Dec 4 2017, 06:00 PM)
if you cannot tahan than rma it. if you can tahan than use until warranty nearly expire than go rma wahahahahah than got extra 3months warranty  biggrin.gif
Like this will surely get refurb units already lol
yupio
post Dec 4 2017, 06:11 PM

Pro
1,766 posts

QUOTE(nanamizuki @ Dec 4 2017, 06:04 PM)
Eh no lei...i RMA my 7+ on March this year i got a new unit (checked the manufacturing year is 2017 and on FEB) and the serial number still MY/A instead of the one starting Z  hmm.gif
Depends on luck too sometimes...maybe they ran out of refurb stocks lol because most of the time, the refurb units are sent to telcos as replacement units for warranty claims.
yupio
post Dec 4 2017, 06:15 PM

Pro
1,766 posts

To those already updated to iOS 11.2, did you guys notice launching App Store takes longer for the content to appear? I see white screen for quite a while before the content appear.

Either that or my data speed become slower after updating to iOS 11.2 which is unlikely.

Restarted the phone few times still same. hmm.gif

This post has been edited by yupio: Dec 4 2017, 06:17 PM

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0502sec    0.22    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:22 PM