Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Meditation

views

System Error Message
post Apr 8 2018, 08:09 PM

Regular
1,781 posts

actually western medication does rely on mind. They give you placebo and say its the real thing.

my meditation lets me not have to sleep for days.
TSchonghe
post Apr 8 2018, 09:35 PM

Enthusiast
821 posts

QUOTE(System Error Message @ Apr 8 2018, 08:09 PM)
actually western medication does rely on mind. They give you placebo and say its the real thing.

do you mean you get into very deep states that can replace sleep?
System Error Message
post Apr 8 2018, 11:01 PM

Regular
1,781 posts

QUOTE(chonghe @ Apr 8 2018, 09:35 PM)
do you mean you get into very deep states that can replace sleep?
nope, not really totally different meditation i dont discuss publicly.
internaldisputes
post Apr 15 2018, 12:31 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

I'm still trying to figure out how to sit properly because every 2-3 minutes my back would hurt so much. sweat.gif
TSchonghe
post Apr 19 2018, 08:53 PM

Enthusiast
821 posts

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Apr 15 2018, 12:31 PM)
I'm still trying to figure out how to sit properly because every 2-3 minutes my back would hurt so much. sweat.gif
sitting requires your back to be straight. over time you should be able to use to it
Wenny K
post Apr 22 2018, 10:15 PM

Getting Started
201 posts

QUOTE(System Error Message @ Apr 8 2018, 08:09 PM)

wat?? not have sleeep for days??
isnt tat bad?? shakehead.gif
System Error Message
post Apr 22 2018, 11:21 PM

Regular
1,781 posts

QUOTE(Wenny K @ Apr 22 2018, 10:15 PM)
wat?? not have sleeep for days??
isnt tat bad??  shakehead.gif
feels good actually, i mean i also healed during that time too. Its not really for everyone though as its not easy to achieve this. Hence why i said i dont mention how publicly, dont want people messing themselves up in order to achieve it.
Wenny K
post Apr 23 2018, 10:48 PM

Getting Started
201 posts

QUOTE(System Error Message @ Apr 22 2018, 11:21 PM)
feels good actually, i mean i also healed during that time too. Its not really for everyone though as its not easy to achieve this. Hence why i said i dont mention how publicly, dont want people messing themselves up in order to achieve it.
o well so long its not deteriorating when it comes to longterm, i guess its still a correct manner then.

biggrin.gif
sidekick100
post May 13 2018, 05:46 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

Anyone wants to learn meditation around KL for free can contact me. This meditation has nothing to do with religion, no manthras and no workship anyone. Learn the technique and practice on your own
sidekick100
post May 13 2018, 11:01 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

My num is 0123172056
NightHeart
post May 14 2018, 02:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,988 posts

Here: https://www.thegoldenspace.com.my

Non-religious meditation & many others too.
jammievy8
post May 21 2018, 04:26 PM

4 posts

https://www.headspace.com/ Try this maybe.
GOPI56
post May 25 2018, 02:17 PM

Regular
1,396 posts

I always listen to psytrance for meditations.
redlum
post Jun 5 2018, 04:52 PM

Getting Started
129 posts

Another (free) meditation app is Oak - https://www.oakmeditation.com/
internaldisputes
post Jun 7 2018, 02:46 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

Managed to make meditating a routine before going to bed now. However I think I should try to level up and meditate for longer period. 10 minutes a day seems very short.
TSchonghe
post Jun 7 2018, 07:37 PM

Enthusiast
821 posts

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Jun 7 2018, 02:46 PM)
Managed to make meditating a routine before going to bed now. However I think I should try to level up and meditate for longer period. 10 minutes a day seems very short.
good to hear that
ideal period is 20 mins minumum
well, easier said than done
Fat & Fluffy
post Oct 8 2018, 04:49 PM

Casual
397 posts

QUOTE(chonghe @ Nov 21 2017, 10:07 PM)
Saw this new subforum was created. I think it’s a good idea to open a thread to discuss about meditation. Western world tends to call it mindfulness, but yeah I don't really differentiate the two.

Meditation is a great way to reduce stress in our daily lives. I tried to practice daily but with the busy working life it is hard to be persistent. There are lots of different ways. The method I use is simple (but may not be easy), taught by a psychologist. I focus the attention on the breath as a start. Then I practiced the so-called 6 seconds cycle, i.e., 3 seconds in-breath and 3 seconds out-breath, that will make 10 breaths in a minute. If the mind wanders (which it will), try to bring the attention back to the breath. Continue doing this for at least 5 minutes, preferably longer.

Anybody has practice meditation regularly? Feel free to discuss here.

Edited: [Content added 12-9-2017]
There was once a screening of “The Connection: Mind Your Body” when I was studying. The filmed is made by a journalist who was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease, i.e., her immune system attacked her own body. She travelled around the world interviewing experts with remarkable stories of recovery from severe diseases. She found that there is a connection between mind and body (it has to be), that the mind will affects the body’s physical health and vice versa that the body will communicate with the mind. Therefore, if we are stressed continuously in our lives, chronic illnesses are likely to manifest.

The file uses a simple example that, e.g., when we encountered a tiger in a jungle, we activate the fight or flight response, which is associated with increased heart rate, blood pressure etc. If we are stressed, we are usually worrying what might happen in the future, as if there is a “virtual tiger” in our mind. When this happen for a long time, it produces adverse effect to our health, both mental and physical. Meditation, on the other hand, helps us to only focus on the present moment and let go of unnecessary thoughts. It activated what is called the relaxation response, which is associated with decreased heart rate, breathing rate etc.

Another point worth noting is that western medicine often treats mind and body to be separated. For example, when a patient has a prolonged back pain, then doctor would prescribe medicines for back pain. But sometimes this doesn’t help. Would it be possible that the daily stress in the mind causes it to manifest as back pain? This is something worth pondering.

I personally think it is a great film. You can watch the first 15 mins of the film for free here
thanks for sharing... you have been a great help
SadPanda1 P
post Dec 19 2019, 03:05 AM

Probation
1 posts

I think ASMR is much better than meditation. If you never tried - I highly advise it. I listen to it before bedtime and sleep like a baby. I can't quite explain how it works, but it works )))
Taikor.Taikun
post Apr 4 2020, 11:57 PM

Enthusiast
967 posts

QUOTE(SadPanda1 @ Dec 19 2019, 03:05 AM)
I think ASMR is much better than meditation. If you never tried - I highly advise it. I listen to it before bedtime and sleep like a baby. I can't quite explain how it works, but it works )))
Listening to soft voices is like chanting mantra n sutras, listening to tapping sound is like monks hitting the wooden fish, hand movements is like mudras, listening to blow or exhale is similar to watching ur breaths during meditation, watching attentively to other people’s action is a form of meditation, we even meditate while walking, consciously ignoring external stimuli n scanning the inner body for sensation is meditation, listening to certain music w specific frequency n that frequency is also achieved n taught in meditation.

ASMR is a sensation state that is achieved in meditation
fu'house
post Apr 6 2020, 08:53 PM

On my way
540 posts

Meditation remember to breath in breathe out. Steady. No thinking. Most likely men easier to do so.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0151sec    0.51    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:36 PM