Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Chelsea FC - The Shed V47, BPL - Chelsea 1 - 0 Man Utd (English Clubs)

GravityFi3ld
post Nov 14 2017, 06:02 PM

Nick Fury's Night Fury
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(zoidx_chung @ Nov 14 2017, 11:47 AM)
Ventura is a joke
ACE Ventura laugh.gif
user posted image
jovigrunge
post Nov 14 2017, 08:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Chelsea managerial turnover normal in modern football - Didier Drogba

Didier Drogba has told RMC he does not believe the high turnover of managers at his former club Chelsea is anything exceptional in the current game.

Drogba, 39, won four Premier League titles and the same number of FA Cups in two spells at Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has appointed nine managers in the last 10 years, but Drogba said: "Everyone says Chelsea isn't very stable. But in modern-day football, there is no coach who lasts more than three or four years at a club.

"I asked him [Abramovich]: 'We have had how many managers in how many seasons?' He replied: 'But Didier, each time I have done it, we have got results.'"

Drogba said he did not believe the changing managerial cast was a conscious strategy on Abramovich's part.

"No, because when the managers come in they have carte blanche at the club," he added. "They do what they want.

"Having said that, I don't see the relationship with the chairman on a daily basis. But you can't get into a conflict with your boss. If that's the case, it's that you want to leave."

After winning the Premier League in his first season in charge, current boss Antonio Conte has seen his own future brought into question with the Blues nine points behind leaders Manchester City.

Drogba was part of the 2014-15 Premier League-winning side, which he then saw struggle badly in the following campaign after he had left for Montreal Impact.

And with Champions League demands now placed on Conte's squad, Drogba said: "What's happening now is normal.

"Two years ago, they were on the brink of relegation. Last year, with one match a week, everything went well. The coach came in with drastic methods and the club became champions again.

"But most of the players have never been further than a Champions League quarterfinal or semifinal for a while.

"You have to get used to matches every three days again, get used to the demand for results, which is permanent, to the intensity.

"You have to be at your best every day, which isn't easy."

Agree guys with Drogba's opinion? hmm.gif
fu'house
post Nov 15 2017, 12:18 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(jovigrunge @ Nov 14 2017, 08:40 PM)

Didier Drogba has told RMC he does not believe the high turnover of managers at his former club Chelsea is anything exceptional in the current game.

Drogba, 39, won four Premier League titles and the same number of FA Cups in two spells at Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has appointed nine managers in the last 10 years, but Drogba said: "Everyone says Chelsea isn't very stable. But in modern-day football, there is no coach who lasts more than three or four years at a club.
Agree guys with Drogba's opinion?  hmm.gif
King Drogba has spoken hands.gif

user posted image

This post has been edited by fu'house: Nov 15 2017, 12:20 AM
jovigrunge
post Nov 15 2017, 09:53 AM

Look at all my stars!!

user posted image

Qualified nations: Russia (hosts), Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Denmark, Egypt, England, France, Germany, Honduras, Iceland, Iran, Japan, Mexico, Morocco, Nigeria, Panama, Poland, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia, Uruguay.

The final two places are decided by:
- Two intercontinental playoff winners (Australia/Honduras, Peru/New Zealand)
bennyray
post Nov 15 2017, 12:10 PM

Getting Started

+99999

Modern football demand result, bad result your are out, look at Liverpool, Man Utd, Man city, Spurs, even small club, they keep changing manager too. (Real Madrid too)

Last man standing Arsenal's Wenger, once he retired, i believe Arsenal will demand result too like any other club.

We are just the pioneer who started earlier, that's why people hate us, keep saying we change manager frequently.

You want result or stability? What is stability without result?

Pick a side

lyc1982
post Nov 15 2017, 12:26 PM

ExpectNoMercy

QUOTE(Ichighost @ Nov 14 2017, 08:30 AM)
because Rudi, Zouma, Christensen will be the 3 for the future.

Cahill almost done, Luiz might leave next season..

Zouma loaned out just because he need game time..
then what bout azpi...?

QUOTE(zoidx_chung @ Nov 14 2017, 01:28 PM)
italian football federation is a joke to hire ventura... he is stubborn, old school and lazy
doh.gif
ventura really not fit for the job...it’s a shame that italy had to crash out like this
jovigrunge
post Nov 15 2017, 12:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(bennyray @ Nov 15 2017, 12:10 PM)
+99999

Modern football demand result, bad result your are out, look at Liverpool, Man Utd, Man city, Spurs, even small club, they keep changing manager too. (Real Madrid too)

Last man standing Arsenal's Wenger, once he retired, i believe Arsenal will demand result too like any other club.

We are just the pioneer who started earlier, that's why people hate us, keep saying we change manager frequently.

You want result or stability? What is stability without result?

Pick a side
What about Spurs direction? Basically Spurs trying to keep same players with minor tweak season after season but I doubt their manager will stay long like Wenger. Daniel Levy can be ruthless based on his sacking record...... nod.gif

I don't know what the Arsenal board thinking besides making profits with their management and Wenger. confused.gif
warham
post Nov 15 2017, 01:24 PM

Yes pls

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
zoidx_chung
post Nov 15 2017, 03:08 PM

道可道,非常道!

QUOTE(warham @ Nov 15 2017, 01:24 PM)
Yes pls
Agent M rclxms.gif
max_cavalera
post Nov 15 2017, 05:53 PM

the world is so beautiful..

QUOTE(warham @ Nov 15 2017, 02:24 PM)
Yes pls
Fabregas/Oscar/Mata - esque successor?

Im okay provided fab doesnt rage quit
jovigrunge
post Nov 15 2017, 06:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Chelsea icon Drogba on Phoenix Rising ownership: I'll be ruthless like good friend Abramovich

Chelsea legend Didier Drogba has revealed he wants to learn from Blues owner Roman Abramovich.

Drogba is part owner in USL franchise Phoenix Rising and has big plans for the club as they seek MLS entry.

The Ivorian reckons he has learned from Abramovich's ruthless approach to business.

He said: "Roman Abramovich always made the right decision, even when it was the most difficult decision.

"I think that is what I can learn from him.

"Not everything he has done has been popular, but it has always been for the benefit of Chelsea.

"He makes big decisions and he is brave.

"That is what I can do, sometimes take emotion out of the situation and do what is best."

Drogba has announced he will retire at the end of the next USL season.

Drogba wants to learn from the ruthless does makes sense. How many trophies we have won since making several changes on managers with Scolari being one of the worst..... sad.gif

our_team89
post Nov 16 2017, 12:16 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(jovigrunge @ Nov 15 2017, 06:37 PM)
Chelsea icon Drogba on Phoenix Rising ownership: I'll be ruthless like good friend Abramovich

Chelsea legend Didier Drogba has revealed he wants to learn from Blues owner Roman Abramovich.
Drogba wants  to learn from the ruthless does makes sense. How many trophies we have won since making several changes on managers with Scolari being one of the worst.....  sad.gif
For me, i was thinking AvB is the worst

at least scolari rape the small team with at least 5-0 result
jovigrunge
post Nov 16 2017, 12:48 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(our_team89 @ Nov 16 2017, 12:16 AM)
For me, i was thinking AvB is the worst

at least scolari rape the small team with at least 5-0 result
AVB's record for Chelsea

Played 40

Win 19

Draw 11

Lose 10

Win percentage: 47.50%

Scolari's record for Chelsea

Played 36

Win 20

Draw 11

Lose 5

Win percentage: 55.56%

Agreed mate based on statistic! nod.gif
zoidx_chung
post Nov 16 2017, 05:03 PM

道可道,非常道!

no italy bye.gif
user posted image
jk_livermore
post Nov 16 2017, 10:27 PM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(max_cavalera @ Nov 15 2017, 05:53 PM)
Fabregas/Oscar/Mata - esque successor?

Im okay provided fab doesnt rage quit
Chelsea still have money to burn after 40mil Drinkwater?
lyc1982
post Yesterday, 08:53 AM

ExpectNoMercy

QUOTE(zoidx_chung @ Nov 16 2017, 05:03 PM)
no italy  bye.gif
user posted image
spain not in first pot...haha
Ichighost
post Yesterday, 09:32 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(lyc1982 @ Nov 15 2017, 01:26 PM)
then what bout azpi...?
ventura really not fit for the job...it’s a shame that italy had to crash out like this
azpi shift to WB lah more crosses to Morata bruce.gif
zoidx_chung
post Yesterday, 04:09 PM

道可道,非常道!

QUOTE(lyc1982 @ Nov 17 2017, 08:53 AM)
spain not in first pot...haha
worst group:
germany
spain/england
costa rica
nigeria
jovigrunge
post Today, 01:22 AM

Look at all my stars!!

New-look Antonio Conte says he won’t shave all season if Chelsea keep winning

user posted image

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte shocked reporters when he turned up to his pre-match press conference with a new look, sporting a freshly grown beard. The Italian boss was almost unrecognisable, not his usual clean-shaven self for the first time, though his decision to put away the razor was not to support Movember.

A playful Conte revealed that his wife had asked him to try a slightly more rugged look – and he’s hoping his new beard turns into a good luck charm, in which case he won’t shave all season! Asked about his beard ahead of Saturday’s trip to West Brom, he explained: ‘My wife said, just try, try for once, to stick with the beard.

user posted image

‘This is the first time. We can see tomorrow if this beard brings luck or not. This is the first time I try to change my look, but only because of the decision of my wife.’ Asked if he’ll keep it until Chelsea lose, Conte laughed out loud and continued: ‘Yeah, I hope at the end of the season I’ll end up with a big beard!’

Chelsea take on West Brom at the Hawthorns, the scene of last season’s dramatic Premier League title win, though Conte has a few injury concerns. Michy Batshuayi faces five games on the sidelines and Victor Moses still hasn’t recovered from a hamstring problem, but David Luiz will be welcomed back into the side after being dropped against Manchester United last time out.

Chelsea 2017/18 Fixtures

West Brom (A) – Sat 18 Nov FK Qarabag (A) – Wed Nov 22 (Champions League) Liverpool (A) – Sat 25 Nov Swansea (H) – Wed 29 Nov Newcastle (H) – Sat 2 Dec Atletico Madrid (H) – Tue 5 Dec (Champions League) West Ham (A) – Sat 9 Dec Huddersfield Town (A) – Tues Dec 12 Southampton (H) – Sat Dec 16 Bournemouth (H) – Wed Dec 20 (EFL Cup) Everton (A) – Sat Dec 23 Brighton (H) – Tues Dec 26 Stoke City (H) – Sat Dec 30

Beard for luck? confused.gif

55 Pages « < 53 54 55Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0833sec    4.53    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th November 2017 - 08:55 AM