13 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> AirBnB, Anyone do/did aBnB? good bad? pls share

views

TSmtsen
post Sep 11 2017, 11:26 PM, updated 7y ago

Regular
1,473 posts

I was searching AirBnB here but couldn't find. Anyone has gone through it, thinking to do it, am doing it now?

What did you do and what do you hope it would be ?

I am thinking to start using AirBnB to increase my unsold, un-rented properties.
BEANCOUNTER
post Sep 12 2017, 01:33 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,146 posts

Using airbnb to increase yr unsold unrented properties?

Why want to increase yr unsold and i rented properties?

Why u think ppl want to stay in yr properties that you cant rent out normally to normal 6mths or 1 yr tenants?

kentchow75
post Sep 12 2017, 01:24 PM

Best Biz Card Printing Service
1,352 posts

in what area did you search no results?

Try melaka, it's tourist hotspot and tons of airbnb featured here
Homestay is trending at tourist hotspot and airbnb is providing them a healthy platform to attract potential custoers

In contrast, KL's homestay trend is not as hot as melaka, most people came kl will direct book hotel to stay instead of looking for homestay
TSmtsen
post Sep 12 2017, 01:47 PM

Regular
1,473 posts

QUOTE(kentchow75 @ Sep 12 2017, 01:24 PM)
in what area did you search no results?

Try melaka, it's tourist hotspot and tons of airbnb featured here
Homestay is trending at tourist hotspot and airbnb is providing them a healthy platform to attract potential custoers

In contrast, KL's homestay trend is not as hot as melaka, most people came kl will direct book hotel to stay instead of looking for homestay

Good insights, I would have thought KL is the best location.
twincharger07
post Sep 12 2017, 06:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,788 posts

QUOTE(mtsen @ Sep 11 2017, 11:26 PM)
I was searching AirBnB here but couldn't find.  Anyone has gone through it, thinking to do it, am doing it now? 

What did you do and what do you hope it would be ?

I am thinking to start using AirBnB to increase my unsold, un-rented properties.
KL is also good area also..

If you are curious whether your area is "hot" or not, you can try go AirBnB, look at that location and look at the availability of the units around.. see the "unavailability" on the calendar to gauge the booking rate.. (but there is a catch, sometimes owners block the date for whatever reasons)

Look at the listed price as well whether it make business sense to invest in AirBnB

This post has been edited by twincharger07: Sep 12 2017, 06:02 PM
TSmtsen
post Sep 16 2017, 11:24 AM

Regular
1,473 posts

QUOTE(twincharger07 @ Sep 12 2017, 06:01 PM)
KL is also good area also..

If you are curious whether your area is "hot" or not, you can try go AirBnB, look at that location and look at the availability of the units around.. see the "unavailability" on the calendar to gauge the booking rate.. (but there is a catch, sometimes owners block the date for whatever reasons)

Look at the listed price as well whether it make business sense to invest in AirBnB
thanks, I took a look but still unsure what the real story they have. That's why I am looking to attend some real life experience course. I don't want theory. a hands on crash course is great!

Do you stay in airbnb when you travel or are you also hosting ?
TSmtsen
post Sep 16 2017, 11:27 AM

Regular
1,473 posts

QUOTE(scw @ Sep 12 2017, 11:20 PM)
I hv been using airbnb to host for 3years in KLCC, never use any other hosting platform since then as i like to keep things simple(too much platform hard to monitor)
Frankly speak commitment is equal return, i have seen many do it as part time,lack of time doing maintenance,peanut butter matter, and doesnt survive long, end up with dilapilated unit and forfeit their deposit.
Is like how u run ur biz, if u put in more time n effort, u could probably double to triple ur earning. Try do ur own cleaning, maintenance and keep update ur details in airbnb, improve from reviews, result ll show

Anyone need more insight can always find me by contact host through airbnb link below

M (max=8pax)
Soho Suites KLCC,KL Tower view, 2bedroom 1bathroom, 39flr,Business Class
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/3538813

M+ (max=8pax)
Platinum Suites,360· KLCC view, 2bedroom 1bathroom,2min monorail, Retro game console
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/18593466

L (max=10pax)
Soho Suites KLCC,KL Tower & Twin Tower City View, 2bedroom 2bathroom, 26flr, Full TV channels
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/16853510

L+ (max=12pax)
Platinum Suites,360· KLCC view, 2bedroom 2bathroom,2min monorail, Wii console
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/12599847

XL (max=12pax)
Soho Suites KLCC, KL tower view,3bedroom 2bathroom,Karaoke room
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/4457668
100% agree on the hands on, work hard points. One instructor shared that if we do AirBnB like that, it's like Self Employ in kiyosaki's quadrant. But one could also do AirBnB like a business as in automate the process as much as possible. Then not only you earn money successfully, you have freedom too. That's the part I thought was impossible in Malaysia but very interesting to find out ...
ahumanisthere
post Sep 20 2017, 09:27 AM

20 posts

Found it uneasy to start the 2nd or more airbnb..it's much better when all locations are nearby. Else check in check out time is a headache.

Your guys rent or buy property to start Airbnb?
jetwash
post Sep 20 2017, 11:07 AM

On high-altitude training
618 posts

Centrally located, close to the rail network will do well in KL. Same goes to other big cities although transport would be irrelevant. Keep in mind people who use airbnb are people who want more value for money/freedom while vacationing.

Don't underestimate the local homestay market too. Don't always depend on foreign tourists, you'd be surprised at the occupancy rates of homestays who only cater to locals. They're doing quite well actually.

Fortezan
post Sep 20 2017, 01:17 PM

Casual
463 posts

QUOTE(ahumanisthere @ Sep 20 2017, 09:27 AM)
Found it uneasy to start the 2nd or more airbnb..it's much better when all locations are nearby. Else check in check out time is a headache.

Your guys rent or buy property to start Airbnb?
I'm also curious, anyone successfully rent a property solely for AirBnB? Did you do it with or without owner's consent
SUSempatTan
post Sep 20 2017, 01:30 PM

Regular
1,678 posts

QUOTE(Fortezan @ Sep 20 2017, 01:17 PM)
I'm also curious, anyone successfully rent a property solely for AirBnB? Did you do it with or without owner's consent
Wah, sub sub sub let also can ar???
Fortezan
post Sep 20 2017, 02:06 PM

Casual
463 posts

QUOTE(empatTan @ Sep 20 2017, 01:30 PM)
Wah, sub sub sub let also can ar???
Don't think there's right or wrong, it's all up to the landlord I believe, just curious if anyone is doing this
BEANCOUNTER
post Sep 20 2017, 03:15 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,146 posts

QUOTE(Fortezan @ Sep 20 2017, 02:06 PM)
Don't think there's right or wrong, it's all up to the landlord I believe, just curious if anyone is doing this
WRONG

usually under std rent agreement, tenants cant rented out to 3rd party.

however usually airbnb operators will make known of their intention. no need to hide lah.

even new from developers, bnb operators bought 50 or 100 units are an open secret.

ahumanisthere
post Sep 20 2017, 07:22 PM

20 posts

I do knw a few ppl who doing it in tis way..tell landlord upfront before u rent, that's fine.

Only for expansion is nt easy..anyone use airbnb property manager service?
Fortezan
post Sep 20 2017, 11:44 PM

Casual
463 posts

QUOTE(ahumanisthere @ Sep 20 2017, 07:22 PM)
I do knw a few ppl who doing it in tis way..tell landlord upfront before u rent, that's fine.

Only for expansion is nt easy..anyone use airbnb property manager service?
The landlord are fine with letting their unit be used for AirBnB? I would think most landlord are against it, unless they are desperate for tenant or not aware. Are they renting residential property or commercial/service apartment?
jetwash
post Sep 21 2017, 08:40 AM

On high-altitude training
618 posts

Airbnbs I stayed in Seoul and Tokyo were both sublets. I think it's about time Malaysian landlords become more flexible.
yw188
post Sep 21 2017, 08:47 AM

Getting Started
233 posts

normally, you guy buy property or rent property to start airbnb?

i thk to buy a property and let 1 company to do airbnb... their offer is 70 n 30... watz u all view?
yw188
post Sep 21 2017, 08:48 AM

Getting Started
233 posts

normally, you guy buy property or rent property to start airbnb?

i thk to buy a property and let 1 company to do airbnb... their offer is 70 n 30... watz u all view?
mini orchard
post Sep 21 2017, 09:20 AM

10k Club
All Stars
13,913 posts

To have a property listed in Airbnb, you need to renovate and furnished it to be bookable. Is not just simply putting in a bed and aircond. You only need to have 1 bad review from guest and that is the end of your homestay.

You need money to renovate and furnish. Whether owner allowed you to sublet is not important.

Does it make money sense if is rented?
ahumanisthere
post Sep 21 2017, 09:39 AM

20 posts

QUOTE(Fortezan @ Sep 20 2017, 11:44 PM)
The landlord are fine with letting their unit be used for AirBnB? I would think most landlord are against it, unless they are desperate for tenant or not aware. Are they renting residential property or commercial/service apartment?
Kl area mostly service apartment, some are residential title though.

13 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0186sec    0.45    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:01 AM