65" TV recommendation

views

Punish
post Dec 12 2020, 09:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,014 posts

QUOTE(szecheng @ Dec 12 2020, 09:04 PM)
X9000H indeed better colours
Better everything than x80h, just abit smaller size...i think im gonna be okay cuz i got a small apartment, probably 7-8 feet away from tv so 55 should be good...
Punish
post Dec 13 2020, 06:51 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,014 posts

QUOTE(Convael @ Dec 13 2020, 05:27 AM)
Good decision really.
At its core X80H cannot be considered as a HDR TV at all .
It doesn't matter if an LCD has 300 , 400 or 500 cd/m2 of brightness , it simply cannot increase its dynamic range effectively compare with an actual FALD TV , even one like X90H which doesn't has many dimming zones .
No dynamic range increase , no High dynamic range .
The absence of local dimming means it cannot improve upon the black level which is far more important than just raising the brightness .
The same exact reason why 800 cd/m2 looks so impressive on the OLED [where it has perfect black] compare to just 800 cd/m2 on LCD .

This is particularly important because human eyes can often see more details in the darker , dimmer portion of the pictures .
Therefore even if they somehow release a X80H with 1000 cd/m2 , it is still going to lose out to X90H .
Never thought FALD was that important, thanks for your explanation, sadly the x90h is actually downgrade from the x90e or x90f, the FALD its only 32 area but still better than nothing, they say they do this to get a faster input lags as this x90h is marketed as a companion tv for PS5...no wonder why x90h become ao cheap this year...but all and all i think im happy with my purchase....i even compare it side by side with Q80t and i prefer x90h colour....Q80t is alot brighter and alot more expensive tho..

This post has been edited by Punish: Dec 13 2020, 07:06 AM
Punish
post Dec 14 2020, 11:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,014 posts

After a few hours with x90h, what i can report...is overall im happy with the purchase....as expected the picture is good....but the a few quearks the main one was the colour banding issue....u can obviously see it....i learn that this is the result of sony ditching alot of premium setting with this year x90 series, the colour gradation option if im mot mistaken..the result was i u can see quite obvious the colir banding issue...other than that...the FALD, maybe thiis is my 1st FALD tv so...i notice alot of brightness switching happening, wven when you hover the onscreen keyboard you see it...maybe i need more time to get use to it....but all and all perhaps this is the best tv we can have in malaysia market....we dont have the "real" tcl vizio or even hisense to be a good alternative to this...if you want a better tv than this....the only way is OLED i guess...

Its not the best TV for sure...but for what i pay rm3690....i think worth every penny...

Oh the android smoothness have improved significantly...

This post has been edited by Punish: Dec 14 2020, 11:55 PM
Punish
post Dec 15 2020, 04:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,014 posts

1 quite major issue with the x90h i foaund out last night....its pops...if you connect your tv with audio system via the aux port...the connected speaker system gonna pop when you restart you tv....even when you turn off the tv, i mean when the screen is off...the tv have some weird issue it restart by its self a few time and the result the you will hear the pop noise again...i found out the hardway lastnight when i wife woke me up 3am in the morning and says she heard a pop sound....later i discovered on reddit this was known issue to almost all the x90h user and sony yet to find the cure to solve this problem yet....but there a trick to get round this problem... weirdly there a setting in network call the "simple IP" setting this will somehow stop the TV from restarting by itself thus stop the pop sound and solve the issue temporarily...reddit link reddit

How ever u wont notice this problem if you dont connect you speaker via Aux port i guess

This post has been edited by Punish: Dec 15 2020, 04:27 PM
Punish
post Dec 16 2020, 06:27 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,014 posts

QUOTE(RallyNight @ Dec 16 2020, 01:17 AM)
After walk around senseng.

Im thinking tu8500 samsung or x8000h

Which 1 hands down better.

And does it worth to get their extra warranty?
For me triluminos from sonny is as good as QLED interm of colour...so if samsung better go for thier Q QLED series or just go for sony....all x75h x80h x90h is triluminos...

This post has been edited by Punish: Dec 16 2020, 06:27 AM
Punish
post Dec 16 2020, 12:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,014 posts

If yous ask me...1st ofcuz go the shop like sengheng or benq q to compare it yourself...or you can simply buy sony tv....sony this recent year the price performance is really good...im am a little sony fanboys to he honest...but sony in malaysia tend to have a better tv product for the price...since we dont have "real" tcl vizio or hisense in Malaysia market..yet...

I make it simple for you guys

If your on budget and dont care so much about HDR content...then try to afford x75h series

If you care abit about HDR then topup abit and go for X80H, this TV got decent amount of brightness to give you some HDR features....

But if you want a good overal tv then forge abit more then try to get x90h....the 55inch model offer sweetspot between price and performance, just good luck try to hunt for ready stock, atm out of stock everywhere...from what i heard late December or early next year for a new batch....

if you still want a better tv than those i state above l, then go straight OLED then...

Im no
tv expert but i learn from my 3 years in a row buying and selling tv for myself in quess to find a perfect tv fory needs

This post has been edited by Punish: Dec 16 2020, 12:19 PM
Punish
post Dec 18 2020, 01:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,014 posts

I have a question for you sifu convael, SOE vs judder...which one you willing to compromise...? In my case i hate judder thus i jave to set my x90h to at least level2 motionflows....there abit of SOE im dont mind that much...as long ias i do t see those ugly judder or stutter...jek jek jek...
Punish
post Dec 19 2020, 03:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,014 posts

QUOTE(Convael @ Dec 19 2020, 06:49 AM)

P/S : Do not confuse judders with the stutter you experience during a panning shot in a movie or TV shows , part of them are caused by the response time of TV pixels .
Those can happen even on the most premium TV ranging from OLEDs to QLEDs . These TV just have too fast of a response time and as a result pixel has remain on the screen for too long .
Another reason for us to move onto HFR .
To be honest im abit confuse and not sure between judders vs stutter vs telecenic judder.....

What im worry here about when you focus your eye in 1 line...let say a pole, or the edge of the building....if i turn off the motionflow on my setting like many pro recommended, im gonna see alot of jek jek jek, especially in panning shot.... I cant stand this...what is this call actually byw...izzit judder or stutter...what ever it call, i cant live with it....out of the box my sony x90h set the motion setting to min, means by default i gonna see this ugly jerks......so ive decide to go against the professional suggestion on turn on the motionflow setting to 2...

Btw thanks for explaining bro @Convael
Punish
post Dec 20 2020, 08:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,014 posts

QUOTE(wenqing @ Dec 20 2020, 06:29 PM)
Hi all sifu. Wanted to buy a 65 tv. Any suggestion for budget aroung 3.5k? Currently considering samsung tu8500 or sony x75
Try to get the x80h instead...its should be around your 3.5k budget...i thunk you can still get that price online somewhere...goodluck hunting..
Punish
post Dec 20 2020, 08:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,014 posts

Triluminos technology is similar to samsung Qled...so if your going samsung 1st, qled model is what you should go which gonna cost your premium...

What izzit actually, triluminos or qled is simply put gonna give you wide color gamut...alot more spectrum of colour...so if your want wcg here, the samsung tu8500 is out of the question i guess becuz its not qled series tv right..

And why i suggest the x80h is simply because of its ability to get bright...around 500nits compare to x75 300ish...so you can expect better HDR highlighsts with the x80h...mind you the x80h is an ips panel tv, the black might look grey in a very dark environment...this is why also you might think that the tu8500 have a pleasing picture, because tu8500 use the VA panel which gonna give you decent black performance....black is kinda important as it makes other color pop, but in bright room or day light condition, you wont notice this as much...but again ips got its own advantage too, better off angle picture which will come handy when you goes big like 65"...HDR is quite important nowdays if you watch alot of netflix...

This post has been edited by Punish: Dec 20 2020, 09:01 PM
Punish
post Jan 11 2021, 11:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,014 posts

While you guys waiting for the restock of 55 inch x9000h why not just wiat even more to get the X9000J instead....the J 2021 model got the XR chip which is thier high end processing chip...which will give you premium features such smooth gradation...and maybe more FALD zone...
Punish
post Jan 12 2021, 09:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,014 posts

Watch the last part where that discuss about the sony X9000H VRR ALLM confusion....good to here that frm the insider its just a confusion between sony div...from the video abve its looks like the still gonna push the VRR ALLM update for our beloved X9000H...lets hope thats the case eventually...
Punish
post Jan 12 2021, 09:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,014 posts

QUOTE(stasio @ Jan 12 2021, 09:48 PM)
Why here...?
Sony thread..?
:confused:
Because ppl might be interested to get the 65 inch x9000h....so i guess its a legit information to post here..
Punish
post Feb 13 2021, 10:55 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,014 posts

For 2020 tv model if you dont wanna go oled, just go for Sony X9000H, forgot other brand, nuff said....for the price it is the best bang for you buck....

This post has been edited by Punish: Feb 13 2021, 10:55 AM
Punish
post Feb 21 2021, 07:50 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,014 posts

Just go fo the sony...why becuz even at entry level x7500h That sony thus have Triliminos technology....Triluminos is wide color gamut features...some say its QLED technology name fancier....so you gonna get better color compare to non Qled tv...
Punish
post Jan 28 2022, 10:55 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,014 posts

Just pull a trigger on 65x85j and i do own 55x90h what i can say....the 90h looks better FALD really do make a different...with FALD the color is more deep and pop....but if you have a limited budget ....x85j is still a good choice tho......the 120hz panel with sony prowess in motion makes the x85j a decent performing tv....just dont compare it side by side with x90 series...
Punish
post Jan 30 2022, 11:34 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,014 posts

QUOTE(ryansxs @ Jan 30 2022, 10:24 AM)
How much did you paid for... 85J
RM4750 including shipping....1living...i dont go for the best deal i just need the tv fast...pay today tomorrow they send to my house....with 85j you paying abit more than normal tv for the 120hz va panel and excellent motion ..

This post has been edited by Punish: Jan 30 2022, 11:36 AM
Punish
post Jan 31 2022, 06:52 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,014 posts

QUOTE(andrekua2 @ Jan 30 2022, 08:14 PM)
Excellent color, Sony motion is so so.
So which brand have the best motion generally...all this while i though it was sony...
Punish
post Feb 8 2022, 10:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,014 posts

QUOTE(andrekua2 @ Jan 31 2022, 08:50 AM)
LG oled should be the winner. I think got comparison on YouTube that sony 2021 x90j motion is not even as good as 2020 model namely x900h.

Still loves the colour from the x90j though. Even my wife also impressed.
You can only praise LG OLED so much until one day you seen burn in on you beloved OLED screen....its not fair to compare LG oled vs sony x90 series...i believe in malaysia market no LCD tv can beat X90 series from sony...dare i say the best LCD tv to get in Malaysia market...since we dont have proper TCL Vizio and hisense...so for those looking for LCD....please la dont waste your time and just grab the X90 series....if its too expensive for you....get the non FALD ver...which was x85j.....
Punish
post Feb 10 2022, 06:23 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,014 posts

QUOTE(jagadis @ Feb 9 2022, 11:26 AM)
what about the mini LED TVs from Samsung - QLED QN90A. Seems lie they are very close to OLED's performance.
Offcuz miniLED gonna perform better its a totally different class than conventional LCD and the pricetag is also different early adopter gonna pay at least like OLED price or even more...

3 Pages < 1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0653sec    0.15    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:35 PM