Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Chest discomfort, after sudden tachycardic episode

views

TSspeedfamgirl
post Feb 14 2018, 01:50 AM

Not afraid of #138
1,900 posts

QUOTE(geno @ Feb 13 2018, 03:42 PM)
Probably just panic attacks from a change of lifestyle. Your body needs about 3 weeks to adapt to any new diet or workout regime.. With exercise its important to listen to ones body.

I have a friend who had just lost alot of weight through cycling and was too obsessed with it. Riding even when hes having some random flu/cough. And guess what.. He was diagnosed with severe arrhythmia and had to have a pacemaker implant. Apparently some flu/cold virus had attacked his heart becoz of high intensity exercise while he was sick. Now he cant do any form of strenuous exercise..

If you are restricting on carbs, try to do more lower intensity aerobic workouts. Very low carb diet and HIIT cant be mixed. High intensity burns glycogen/sugar, if you are not fueling enough with carbs there wont be enough fuel. Your body will go into a stressful mode due to elevated stress hormones cortisol. Fuel your workout properly and restrict your diet when you are more sedentary.

Bathing with cold water is also proven to boost the immune system. Read up on Wim Hof and his breathing method.
Hi thanks for the heads up. Im very much agree it's probably some kind of panic attacks the more i read about them. All of these was very eye opening coz i never attempt to lose weight before & didnt know the unpleasant temporary side effects... At least now i can be honest to people who plan on losing weight, my style.

Sorry to hear about your friend though...
Im actually not the one who's obsessed about exercise, but since i'm decided to lose the excess weight that's why i'm going all out hardcore on starting up my so called fitness regime. The company has this fitness challenge to promote healthy lifestyle every year & finally i managed to win. People said "no pain, no gain" but for me it's worth it. Now that im back to sedentary i'll be mindful on the carb/sugar intake & at least get enough sleep.
mrbimbang
post Feb 20 2018, 03:11 PM

48 posts

see doktor already?

QUOTE(speedfamgirl @ Aug 14 2017, 01:40 AM)
For the past few weeks i'm experiencing some weird feeling in my chest, then suddenly out of nowhere i feel my heart racing.
Sometimes it lasts only for a few minutes, the longest episode was last week about 2 hours with a heart rate of 137+ just sitting there doing nothing!
No dizziness, no shortness of breath just a bit blurry vision during the longer episode....and of course my whole body is shaking with the beat.
I tried the valsalva maneuver, it doesnt work....a few hard cough then it subsides.....

TSspeedfamgirl
post Feb 20 2018, 07:16 PM

Not afraid of #138
1,900 posts

QUOTE(mrbimbang @ Feb 20 2018, 03:11 PM)
see doktor already?
No.

hahaha i guess its just panic attacks coz of sudden change of lifestyle. the more i reflect about it the closer the symptoms are....it was my first time yoo...that's why im quite surprised.
besides, im scared of doctors...trying my best to stay healthy so that i dont need them.
SUSNew Klang
post Feb 21 2018, 04:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,998 posts

Sometimes the reason can be too much worrying and not doing active relaxation like meditation, yoga or qigong.

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0114sec    0.18    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:05 PM